We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!

Go down 
+21
Chassandra
Artein
Archnazg
Avior
Hinun
Leaf
Rifki
Katalmach
Emanee
Huyana
Alaster Grymm
Lyranne
torgadon
Crowley
Opathu
Snicka
Siheld
Vypra
Vexacus
Shadowtroll
Quintilius
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage

The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:32 pm

Crowley wrote:
Quote :
This article is about Arthas' life as a human. For his existence after being transformed see Lich King.

you know what.. this is the reason rp on this server has become so dam crap that the high light was the Keel.. now thats gone we get posts going what shall we do now the rp is dead

basic facts in lore should not been forgot just because you want to rp a unique person, why why why does every one have to be UNIQUE ffs,

im so happy i bin rp on this server if this is what its come to
Back to top Go down
Avior

Avior

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:33 pm

Liontooth wrote:

How are you going to explain that you are a forsaken that uses light in game? Are you going to say "Well some guy in the scourge can do it?"
This is what defines a good RPer from a bad one, and i've already mentioned that before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:34 pm

Luko wrote:
Crowley wrote:
Quote :
This article is about Arthas' life as a human. For his existence after being transformed see Lich King.

you know what.. this is the reason rp on this server has become so dam crap that the high light was the Keel.. now thats gone we get posts going what shall we do now the rp is dead

basic facts in lore should not been forgot just because you want to rp a unique person, why why why does every one have to be UNIQUE ffs,

Thing is...People can be unique without ignoring basic lore facts. It is not that hard to work around it at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:35 pm

Avior wrote:
Liontooth wrote:

How are you going to explain that you are a forsaken that uses light in game? Are you going to say "Well some guy in the scourge can do it?"
This is what defines a good RPer from a bad one, and i've already mentioned that before.

No...This defines a PRPer at best if they expect to get out of Undercity alive...
Back to top Go down
Avior

Avior

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:36 pm

Liontooth wrote:
Avior wrote:
Liontooth wrote:

No...This defines a PRPer at best if they expect to get out of Undercity alive...

And again, you seem not to read my posts at all. A Holy Forsaken won't be wearing an "I R HOLY LULZ" sign on his back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:39 pm

Liontooth wrote:
Avior wrote:

Second, about Zeliek. He might be the only one, but he's an NPC. You can't deny an opportunity just because it's occupied by a single NPC. On the other hand, where there's one, there surely will be a hundred. And in situations where a hundred is perfectly fine you have to constantly watch for the numbers, because it tends to become a million in no time. For our SSL RP community having one or two Holy Forsaken is perfectly fine. Five is a bit overboard. At twenty Holy Forsaken stop being unique and are only looked down at as a bad attempt to RP. That's what i've been trying to say from the very beginning.

Wrong...He is -the- one and only...There are no more. So no people can't use him as a basis for Forsaken using light.

@Gurfang
Where does it matter where it is stated...The fact it says many more means that living scourge are not out of the question...Most of the cult of the damned are living necromancers under scourge banner.

And you do not seem to be grasping the whole game mechanic thing that allows forsaken to use holy light as a spell...Read Quints post on that. He explained it quite well.

So are you saying that even though it's not stated in WoWWiki, the fact that the Cult of the Damned is an exception to the content of living humans in the Scourge that there must be others?
Back to top Go down
Crowley

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:40 pm

Luko wrote:
Crowley wrote:
Quote :

Erm...sorry, how does that relate to my post at all? Or...reality?

Anyway, done with this topic for now, since it's going in perfect circles and there's only so long I can watch someone act a total cunt without saying, "hold on, you're a total cunt".

Feel free to declare that this means I back down and you win.
Back to top Go down
Archnazg

Archnazg

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Quote :
It would seem, however, that the Light has turned its back on the Forsaken, and they are unable to channel it.

Is quite correct.

Quote :
Zeliek is, "so strong in his faith, that even in undeath, the power of the light still heeds his call, smiting his foes in battle."

If you want to claim to be able to channel light, as a Forsaken in roleplaying, it is indeed an incredable feat and our char must be on par with Zeliek - which most would highly doubt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

so we are now going to drop down to name calling..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:45 pm

Quote :
And again, you seem not to read my posts at all. A Holy Forsaken won't be wearing an "I R HOLY LULZ" sign on his back.

There is one big problem with that...Light worshippers NEVER hide their faith. The light gives its power to those that use it and for a reason...I do not think it is easy to hide such a thing.

But bottom line is the facts are there...Light wielding forsaken can not exist due to a multitude of reasons as well as being forsaken.
Back to top Go down
Avior

Avior

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:46 pm

Archnazg wrote:
Quote :
It would seem, however, that the Light has turned its back on the Forsaken, and they are unable to channel it.

Is quite correct.

Quote :
Zeliek is, "so strong in his faith, that even in undeath, the power of the light still heeds his call, smiting his foes in battle."

If you want to claim to be able to channel light, as a Forsaken in roleplaying, it is indeed an incredable feat and our char must be on par with Zeliek - which most would highly doubt.
The House claims to act on behalf of the Banshee Queen (correct me if i'm wrong), though i can't remember her giving out any orders. You can only RP what other people allow you to, with no limitations. That's the whole point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:48 pm

Gurfang wrote:
Liontooth wrote:
Avior wrote:

Second, about Zeliek. He might be the only one, but he's an NPC. You can't deny an opportunity just because it's occupied by a single NPC. On the other hand, where there's one, there surely will be a hundred. And in situations where a hundred is perfectly fine you have to constantly watch for the numbers, because it tends to become a million in no time. For our SSL RP community having one or two Holy Forsaken is perfectly fine. Five is a bit overboard. At twenty Holy Forsaken stop being unique and are only looked down at as a bad attempt to RP. That's what i've been trying to say from the very beginning.

Wrong...He is -the- one and only...There are no more. So no people can't use him as a basis for Forsaken using light.

@Gurfang
Where does it matter where it is stated...The fact it says many more means that living scourge are not out of the question...Most of the cult of the damned are living necromancers under scourge banner.

And you do not seem to be grasping the whole game mechanic thing that allows forsaken to use holy light as a spell...Read Quints post on that. He explained it quite well.

So are you saying that even though it's not stated in WoWWiki, the fact that the Cult of the Damned is an exception to the content of living humans in the Scourge that there must be others?

Quote :
Dedicated to furthering the Scourge’s agenda, the Cult of the Damned is a band of mortals committed to serving the undead

Taken directly from the cult of the damned Wiki page...The cult is a part of the scourge if you read it...So no, afraid trying to use my own point against me will not work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:50 pm

Avior wrote:
Archnazg wrote:
Quote :

Is quite correct.

Quote :

The House claims to act on behalf of the Banshee Queen (correct me if i'm wrong), though i can't remember her giving out any orders. You can only RP what other people allow you to, with no limitations. That's the whole point.

so why cant i be a jedi..
Back to top Go down
Avior

Avior

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:52 pm

Liontooth wrote:

But bottom line is the facts are there...Light wielding forsaken can not exist due to a multitude of reasons as well as being forsaken.
That is not in any way proven, just as i can't prove to you that they do exist (apart from Zeliek, that is). They may, or may not... Blue squidfaces from outter space, anyone?
Also people seem to ignore my note on resurrection completely.
Luko wrote:

You can... But, judging by your attitude here, you won't be allowed to. Of course, you can be a secret jedi and not tell anyone about it. Ever. But that kinda ruins the purpose.
Back to top Go down
Lyranne

Lyranne

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:52 pm

Liontooth wrote:
Quote :
Actually Lion, that was my point. I was referring to the game mechanics allowing forsaken to wield Light being less worrying than tauren wielding shadow, not referring to its plausibility in a lore-based fashion.

And again I point out that it's not -ignoring- lore to play along with game mechanics as they're what are most readily available to the average player. As I've said before, the average person is not patient enough to scour reams of text for a game they play to have fun. Those of you with such stamina that you can read all of that and manage to take it all on board are not as common as you'd like to think (hence the term elitism being thrown about).

It IS ignoring lore to do something that is not plausable in the lore just because game mechanics want all races to have a fair share of specs. And, as I pointed out before, it takes about 10 minutes to read up on your race...I am sure people spend more reading some of the stories people come up with on WaL.

No, Lion. Ignoring lore would be if it was served right to you on a platter and you still maintained RPing a forasken lght-wielder was okay. It's simply being oblivious to the lore by most who simply do not adhere to such basic requirements of lore knowledge.

You can not say that it is ignoring lore when the only way to find things out is to actually, y'know, look them up and do research (even if it does take mere minutes).

And despite all this, I actually agree that light-wielding forsaken is a no-no. I'd not RP it, and it just seems -odd- from a non-lore knowledge point-of-view... Why would anyone want to RP an undead that wields light? It's baffling.

And -anyone- saying that the RP on the server's bad only need look at themself, because guess what: The -only- RP you're privvy to is your own or what you overhear. If you dislike it, take a -deep- long look at what you're doing and ask why it sucks. The highlight of RP was never the Keel. It was simply an easy to access point of interest that helped generate some RP. Vypra should be commended for this, as should anyone who creates a continual event week in, week out. It's not as though many guilds have been actively encouraging events (I still wonder why the GwT didn't go after Tova's kidnapper, but that's another point).

In addition to this, there's also the simple fact that unlike in real life, we get to pick and choose what we know and who we interact with. In a game, we can ignore, HS or just pretend to be afk, so any RP we're not interested in goes past. Many people say "Oh, but this RP's not for me". All that's really doing is limiting your interactions, and preventing any kind of evolution. Sure I can understand a burly tauren not talking about fashion, or some other shallow conversation, but without people creating idle banter, it's that little bit harder to 'read' a character.

Regardless. I've seen some fantastic RP on this server, as well as some really bad stuff. But I'd not give up the wheat, just to avoid the chaff. People who leave the server because 'RP is dead' only have themselves to blame. You're not contributing to the growth of RP by running away with your tail between your legs.

But honestly, I couldn't give a fuck anymore. all I know is that I'd rather RP with someone who is oblivious to the lore provided they're not some sex-crazed nymphomaniac from the nth dimension, and actually have some grounding in logic than no RP at all.
Back to top Go down

Can I be an old god then? It would make a great server plot if people will allow me to.

I assume/hope the answer to this would be no...

Quote :

You can not say that it is ignoring lore when the only way to find things out is to actually, y'know, look them up and do research (even if it does take mere minutes).

Why not?
Back to top Go down
Lyranne

Lyranne

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:59 pm

Liontooth wrote:
Can I be an old god then? It would make a great server plot if people will allow me to.

Where does that fit into logic, let alone lore. But hey, old gods exist in lore, so if everyone was on your side, I'm sure you could get away with it. Hell, I imagine there are private servers that revolve around such ideas.

I honestly don't know why I'm playing devil's advocate to things I myself find baffling, but meh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 10:00 pm

Lyranne wrote:
Liontooth wrote:

Where does that fit into logic, let alone lore. But hey, old gods exist in lore, so if everyone was on your side, I'm sure you could get away with it. Hell, I imagine there are private servers that revolve around such ideas.

I honestly don't know why I'm playing devil's advocate to things I myself find baffling, but meh.

Exactly my point thank you. You can not play without limitations because people give the go ahead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 10:04 pm

Liontooth wrote:
Gurfang wrote:
Liontooth wrote:
Avior wrote:

@Gurfang

Quote :
Dedicated to furthering the Scourge’s agenda, the Cult of the Damned is a band of mortals committed to serving the undead

Taken directly from the cult of the damned Wiki page...The cult is a part of the scourge if you read it...So no, afraid trying to use my own point against me will not work.

So you're saying that they are the only exception but that it does prove that live humans do work for the Scourge?

So are we say that we need an exception to prove the rule for a Forsaken to use The Light?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 10:05 pm

Luko wrote:
Avior wrote:
Archnazg wrote:
Quote :

Is quite correct.

Quote :

No, because you quit RP anyway and then whined when people made your recent arguments look ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Avior

Avior

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 10:05 pm

Liontooth wrote:

Exactly my point thank you. You can not play without limitations because people give the go ahead.
Why are you RPing at all then? The game mechanics gives you perfect limitations, basically making undeads and humans the same thing, only with different racials.
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 10:06 pm

Luko wrote:

Your midichlorian count is not high enough.
Back to top Go down
Lyranne

Lyranne

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 10:06 pm

Liontooth wrote:

Quote :

Why not?

Because, as I said, ignoring requires prior knowledge of something. Lore is not, despite how many feel, immediately available to a new player. The first thing you're presented with when creating a new character is a trite summary of each race, a brief description of each class (with some running contrary to race, causing some bizarre images - Belf summary/hunter description do not go hand in hand... Come Cataclysm, the forsaken/hunter one will be a laugh riot).

Next, there's the pretty little cutscene that tells you a little about what can be expected of your race, and their place within the faction. Then, you have quests... lots and lots of quests. Most of which are not to do with your race at all, and very few state anything explicitly. Your only access to true lore is from the books scattered about, and online databases.

As far as I'm concerned, you're only "ignoring" the lore if you've read it and decided to ignore that which doesn't work for you. The fact so many people do this means pretty much everyone's guilty of ignoring lore. But again, meh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 10:08 pm

poeple said i can

so..

Qui luvs Gin is born
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 10:09 pm

But the forsaken and humans are NOT the same thing...And what about ressurection...Please do not tell me you are going to bring the discussion into people being able to throw around ressurections like candy.

Last edited by Liontooth on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!
Page 8 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next