We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Black Market

Go down 
+15
Archnazg
Manovan Marrowsteel
Avior
Tyragon Shademourn
Siheld
Vexacus
Feronius
Seidra
Vypra
Opathu
Kaeldrin
Brontz
Shadowhoof
Adalan
Shadowtroll
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Would your char visit such a place as a Black Market?
Yes, he might need some stuff.
The Black Market - Page 3 Vote_lcap100%The Black Market - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 100% [ 20 ]
No, I am a good dude.
The Black Market - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%The Black Market - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

The Black Market - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 10:54 am

Archnazg wrote:
Gurfang wrote:
Archnazg wrote:
Gurfang's locations sound good.. though I'd vote for Murder Row - as a lot of people are hated by BB etc for Bloodsail Admiral achievement.

What about that place underneath OG? Shadow Clef? Always a possibility.

Surely that just means that it's more of an achievement to get in there?

Hmm sort of, but the guards just keep respawning.. lvl79 elites that spam nets at you Sad

Having never been with aggro from the SWC I don't know if there are places where you can get to in BB where they will stop coming after you, are there?
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 12:05 pm

Not when your KoS, no place in BB is safe Razz
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 2:53 pm

Ok the South Sea Daily article got a little delay, its done since yesterday but technical problems and such. It will be probably later up today but I still announce it now and give all required details so people dont hear it in the last minute.

Where: Ratchet next to the Warlock Trainers (The tower a lil bit outside)

When: 21:00 server time, this time for Horde only sorry Alliance folks.

Requirements: GHI addon and some humor!

Other details:
Its a 'exotic trade market' event as described from the Black Curtain Cartel. We will not take real money and RP it out though emotes. No real in game gold or any kind of GHI made gold will be used. Also I would like to ask not to kill the gnome dancers as they are part of the event. Stay realistic and enjoy the 'other' type of market today!
Back to top Go down
Adalan

Adalan

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 2:57 pm

It'd help if you provided a link to this GHI addon.
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 2:58 pm

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/ghi.aspx

Already got some discussions on LFRP that GHI excludes other RP'ers from RP and this event and etc...meh!
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 3:08 pm

I created a Legendary item last night on GHI:

Crotchless Horsehair Hernia Briefs.

One of a kind.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
Nec

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 3:12 pm

Great idea Shadow <3, ill try to be thar..ill get a SS up on myself though :p both due to the fact that there's Gobby's and perhaps an angry horde or two :s
Back to top Go down
Manovan Marrowsteel

Manovan Marrowsteel

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 3:38 pm

My new favorite item:

The Black Market - Page 3 Headh

Take that, Stormwind Militia!
Back to top Go down
http://www.responscirkeln.nu
Feronius

Feronius

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 3:49 pm

fcking bullshit, just link them the site to Download the addon.. it's 20seconds of work (1 click or so with the auto-install pilus made >.<) and then a relog.. or is excluding RPers that easy? Tought most of them developped a spine by now vs OOCers, would be weird if they couldnt stand more RP..
Back to top Go down
Adalan

Adalan

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 3:55 pm

Sorry, that's a really bad attitude. I applaud and support this event, but by asking people to download and install extra software you're putting a barrier in front of people that will be off-putting. It doesn't matter how easy it is in reality, people will still be put off by it. We should be realistic here.
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 3:58 pm

I had a period of time where I couldnt use addons, I also talked to some people in LFRP who cant either and therefore I agree its a bit more difficult. Still its a open RP event and no one is forced to download or attend to anything. I just say if someone does wanna participate in this he should get the addon otherwise he cant take a active part into it.

Wudda
Back to top Go down
Feronius

Feronius

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 4:43 pm

Yeah good point shadow, but that's still not excluding them from RP.. you should still be able to have a blast at the event then. Just to bad about the problem of no addon..

Adalan, if that puts people off.. then they surely shouldn't play a paid game either? xD sounds like you're pointing to a type of person that would quit RP as soon as someone doesn't like his/her RPstyle or someone that transfers after an RPevent is crashed by OOCers /shrug

If someone can't be bothered by a few clicks, they shouldn't play a game like WoW.. let alone RP..
If you can't get addons or can't use them.. then that's to bad, but not excluding people from RP, use your imagination or whisper the other RPers of your situation and I'm sure you can have great fun without GHI to? doh.. even on an event with mainly GHI-items
Back to top Go down
Adalan

Adalan

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 4:53 pm

It's got nothing to do with that. The issue at hand is that you cannot place demands on people in order for them to join in the fun. To do so is a highly vicious and exclusionary attitude which -on it's own - will put people off. And please, it's not just a couple of clicks. You are asking people to learn what the addon is, how it works, what it can do, what it is for, and how it applies to the event. These are extra barriers you're putting in people's way, and you must NEVER have a go at them if they say it's too much hassle. You can't ever tell people how to play their own game. Ever.

For my part, I WILL be downloading the GHI addon tonight, because I've tried a similar mod in the past and I can see ways in which it could benefit Adalan in the long run. But the argument I'm making is still valid - never assume you know what's best for people.
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 4:54 pm

But the general idea is actually to make people download the addon and show them that it improves RP and makes it quiet more interesting, at least for the ones who have tested this addon say so. Again no one will be ignored for not having it or not wanting to download it. Still the whole event is based around the GH items.
Back to top Go down
Feronius

Feronius

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 5:06 pm

It has a help function you know? You don't need to make items.. and it doesn't take a genius to see "<Custom made item>" under an item in your tradescreen and count 1 + 1 = 2 Razz

Besides.. it's Shadow's event, open for all.. they're not forced to join, only recommended to have the addon for more fun.
I dunno, but if that puts you off so badly to just not join, that's imo a bit overreacting or not being to excited about the event to start with Laughing

And you can't ever tell people how to play their game. Ever. So Shadow shouldn't be bothered with others saying he shouldn't demand stuff..? (I know, it's a suggestion.. but that arguement is kinda bullshit.. people ain't forced to come to the event, be glad someone does the effort to organise things like it)
Back to top Go down
emil_frojd

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 12:13 am

Great idea´. But I am slightly disapointed that none of my chars can shop there since the poll asks about a malke character. But to be more serious. Star would probebly neve shop there but Walya would definately.
Back to top Go down
Avior

Avior

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 1:11 am

Not only Blizz make people download additional software with every single patch to join in the fun,but they're actually charging money for it! Outrageous!

See what i did there? Razz
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 7:51 am

Nobody is being forced to download anything. It simply enhances the whole experience if you -do- have GHI (Saleos...just LOL!!!).

Now, back on topic...the first Black market was held last night in Ratchet. Despite trying to arrive in Ratchet early so i could pop in, i had ppl whispering me from the second i logged in and had to go straight to the Keel so if somebody could let us all know how it went, that would be great Smile
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Adalan

Adalan

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 8:17 am

It went okay, I think. I got a new book and a cheap, tacky idol out of it all, and my customers walked away with a bit of classy theatre script and a musical gem. Everyone else tried to flog me drugs. I don't want drugs!
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 1:52 pm

I think it went okay indeed.

The important thing that I realized a few things which I will improve in the future, you will see what I mean and hopefully notice the difference.

What I would like to hear is the opinion about GHI addon from the folks who got it yesterday for this event, I already heard some positive feedback but while talking about it in LFRP I also got whisps such as: Asked guildys, they say the addon sucks!

I replied to this with re-directing to this thread and the experience from other folks and maybe to try it yourself before judging. I for myself got a few bugs with the addon and therefore could always be better. Anyhow I would like to encourage other folks to download it and join such event which I will hold and was holding in the past.

Opinions please!
Back to top Go down
Archnazg

Archnazg

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 2:30 pm

Takes two mins to get the addon, stop being lazy. And if you can't get it I'm sure it can just be handed over through emotes. No biggie.
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 2:37 pm

Adalan wrote:
Everyone else tried to flog me drugs. I don't want drugs!

I guess a night out in my home town wouldn't be for you then...
Back to top Go down
Archnazg

Archnazg

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:10 pm

Vexacus wrote:
Adalan wrote:
Everyone else tried to flog me drugs. I don't want drugs!

I guess a night out in my home town wouldn't be for you then...

but you love it don't you?
Back to top Go down
Adalan

Adalan

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:27 pm

As I keep saying, it's not just the time to download and install the addon, it's getting your head around what it's for, what it can do, and you should use it. For a lot of people there's already so much stuff in WoW that an addon that adds extra layers of complexity can put people off.

For myself, I'm absolutely enthralled with GHI. I wub it to bits. It's smart, tidy (though the pedant in me cringes at the typos), and powerful and I can see a lot of potential for Adalan's future from this. The ability to make books is worth the price of admission for me on its own, and as I mentioned elsewhere, I'll be making music crystals for the ball. Hopefully plenty of other people will get the addon because it's got a lot of potential for future RPs.
Back to top Go down
Archnazg

Archnazg

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:29 pm

People that don't have the intelligence to work GHI should not be playing WoW with addons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Black Market
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next