We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Black Market

Go down 
+15
Archnazg
Manovan Marrowsteel
Avior
Tyragon Shademourn
Siheld
Vexacus
Feronius
Seidra
Vypra
Opathu
Kaeldrin
Brontz
Shadowhoof
Adalan
Shadowtroll
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Would your char visit such a place as a Black Market?
Yes, he might need some stuff.
The Black Market - Page 2 Vote_lcap100%The Black Market - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 100% [ 20 ]
No, I am a good dude.
The Black Market - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%The Black Market - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Tyragon Shademourn

Tyragon Shademourn

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-03-09

The Black Market - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 12:40 am

The best tip I can come with when dealing with ecomony problems is do like the old ages when money didn't exist.

Trade it for something valuable you have made by GHI ofcourse, like a pocketwatch, other valuable items, maybe trade drugs with other drugs or drugs for mana bombs?

Thats the best way I could think of. And seeing as Horde is very new established its actually weird seeing they already use copper/silver/gold coins. Common thing would be to trade wares for other wares. This could be interesting since you actually trade something you have done to experiance something someone else has done. This would be really fun for the both of you.

Now I read this thread kinda in a rush after coming up with this idea after reading two posts so I pardon if this has already been figured out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 1:13 am

i just found out GHI screws put my UI... i can't even chat while it's on =/

damn i wanted to fetch me some of them gnome heads...
Back to top Go down
Avior

Avior

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 1:14 am

Aye,it's quite buggy. Completely screws my focus frame and MendWatch addon.
Back to top Go down
Manovan Marrowsteel

Manovan Marrowsteel

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 3:58 am

Can bloodthistle be consumed rectally?

(( good idea, btw ))
Back to top Go down
http://www.responscirkeln.nu
Archnazg

Archnazg

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 7:13 am

Awesome idea. So where would it be held? I'd like to purchase some goods such as, like...

Poisons
Drugs
Exotic weapons
Useful items for criminal life
Rare alcohols
Plans for government buildings/going ons
Spys/assassins/bounty hunters
Criminal/sinister guild recruitment

And those are what's on the top of my head for this!
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 10:19 am

Hey, if we take this far enough (creating a new ghetto in WoW):

1. We can get "cool" factor with the kidz who think this stuff is, well, "cool"

2. We outrage the Christian Coalition in the USA

3. We get banned by WoW

4. The kidz all get sent to borstal, meanwhile myself and the older crew gain internet notoriety and me and Vex both get hired for mucho $$ as major marketing gurus for social media projects Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 10:29 am

Funny that 15 of 15 people voted that they'd use the Black Market!
Where are the good and honest guys?

(Yeah, I voted that Snicka'd use this Market too, he enjoys gnome flesh and shimmerweed, both hard to get.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 11:52 am

On the idea of where it could go, Murder Row would have been a good place but that's the site for the bar that ST runs (if it's still going). So the next best place would probably be Booty Bay as it is the "Mos Eisley" of WoW. Just need to find an appropriate area to take over and then start plugging when it's on. Added bonuses of being at BB include being able to be used by both factions, linked to Ratchet (and thus Vyp's pub) and a decent place to escape from if "The Fuzz" come to shut it down.

As to the "good guys" who won't attend, I think Gurthang might not go, though it all depends on the circumstances. What we could really do with is some of the Moutachiosi to turn up here and give an opinion.
Back to top Go down
Avior

Avior

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 12:11 pm

Gurfang wrote:

As to the "good guys" who won't attend, I think Gurthang might not go, though it all depends on the circumstances.
Erm...talking about "good guys" while having Richard as your avatar? Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 12:12 pm

Avior wrote:
Gurfang wrote:

As to the "good guys" who won't attend, I think Gurthang might not go, though it all depends on the circumstances.
Erm...talking about "good guys" while having Richard as your avatar? Laughing

Please note that Gurfang and Gurthang are 2 VERY different characters
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 12:50 pm

Yeah ... one abuses others, whilst the other just abuses himself Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 2:04 pm

Opathu wrote:
Yeah ... one abuses others, whilst the other just abuses himself Razz

But which one is which? scratch
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 3:06 pm

I am happy to see people are interested, I already created one or two beta items to test them (thanks Vyp) and they still need some work so its more fun.

There are plenty of enough places where we can hold this event so this depends from the Honored Society folks which reminds me I need to call out a meeting to discuss this IC. I will keep this updated and give you latest information about stand of things.

Also I will support all other kind of Black Markets but THIS one is runned officially by the Black Curtain Cartel therefore will IC only represent their interests Wink Looking forward to see you there buying poisons and drugs Razz
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 4:12 pm

I think Gurfang's ideas are good:

a) Murder Row area in Silvermoon City
b) Booty Bay (inn?), which has that "smuggler" feel to it and both sides can meet there

Silvermoon would be good for Horde-only, as then you wouldn't get ganking etc. The only problem would be attracting enough people and then any OOC people. But I would like to see Silvermoon used more regularly for events -- it's a great location, empty.
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 4:16 pm

Now first of all:

-Silvermoon will be a good guess considering the Black Curtain Cartel is stationed there and we have since begin of smuggling events from Booty Bay to Silvermoon.
-I plan organize a Alliance Black Market in Menethil Harbor. More info will follow no worrys Wink
Back to top Go down
Adalan

Adalan

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 4:45 pm

I think Silvermoon's good, but Orgrimmar and Undercity are better. The Rogue's Quarter in the Undercity has plenty of unused space, and even some stone counters that could be put to good use. Orgrimmar has the cleft of shadows, which is pretty much the epitome of Horde criminal element. There may be a tent or two there that could be used... can't remember for sure.
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 4:52 pm

I am in the Cleft of Shadows as well, Undercity is rather not visited because of my relations with the law there. How come I feel so lonely as a drug boss and Pirate Lord? Its damn exiting to RP this way and still all I meet are heroes who just fight me! Razz
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 5:01 pm

To be honest, you only got on the wrong side of Vyp because your guys were causing trouble at the Keel and then you were going to hurt Chabat. As long as she doesn't find out Mr Horrison and Shadowtroll are one and the same, she won't have a problem dealing with the Black Curtain Cartel's Black Market...and its more then likely that if she ever did find out it, she wouldn't be able to do anything about it anyway Wink
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 5:05 pm

Its fun to RP a double life IC to be honest. And well its also huge fun to hold smuggling events! Stationer alts here and there and let people run get crates deliver here and there, its awesome to be honest and we got a full store of stuff already!

Will create the first one soon according to people interested!

Please note that GHI 0.23 is out, it has some huge bonuses!
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 5:05 pm

The smartest villains avoid direct conflict. Estate agents, anyone? ^^
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 5:08 pm

Shadowtroll wrote:
Its fun to RP a double life IC to be honest. And well its also huge fun to hold smuggling events! Stationer alts here and there and let people run get crates deliver here and there, its awesome to be honest and we got a full store of stuff already!

Will create the first one soon according to people interested!

can't wait Smile

Shadowtroll wrote:
Please note that GHI 0.23 is out, it has some huge bonuses!

ooh, thanks for the heads up *rushes off to Download*
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Archnazg

Archnazg

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 6:49 pm

Gurfang's locations sound good.. though I'd vote for Murder Row - as a lot of people are hated by BB etc for Bloodsail Admiral achievement.

What about that place underneath OG? Shadow Clef? Always a possibility.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 7:12 pm

Archnazg wrote:
Gurfang's locations sound good.. though I'd vote for Murder Row - as a lot of people are hated by BB etc for Bloodsail Admiral achievement.

Surely that just means that it's more of an achievement to get in there?
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 7:55 pm

Ok after a long chain of RP events with my guild bringing and creating items we managed to get hand on a rather small amount of alcoholic goods and drugs. Just as exotic goods of all sort! Trinkets, poisons, voodoo dolls, warlock books and of course gnome steaks!

I will announce place in the South Sea Daily article (on which I work for)

It will be tomorrow at 21:00 server time and the reason I dont say where is to trick people into reading the SSD Razz
Back to top Go down
Archnazg

Archnazg

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 9:44 am

Gurfang wrote:
Archnazg wrote:

Surely that just means that it's more of an achievement to get in there?

Hmm sort of, but the guards just keep respawning.. lvl79 elites that spam nets at you Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Black Market
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next