We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Black Market

Go down 
+15
Archnazg
Manovan Marrowsteel
Avior
Tyragon Shademourn
Siheld
Vexacus
Feronius
Seidra
Vypra
Opathu
Kaeldrin
Brontz
Shadowhoof
Adalan
Shadowtroll
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Would your char visit such a place as a Black Market?
Yes, he might need some stuff.
The Black Market Vote_lcap100%The Black Market Vote_rcap
 100% [ 20 ]
No, I am a good dude.
The Black Market Vote_lcap0%The Black Market Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2008-05-28

The Black Market Empty
PostSubject: The Black Market   The Black Market EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 2:39 pm

A RP idea I had for some time now but finally reached a good way to create it IC and organize it OOC.

The Black Market is a place where you found more untypical things, it doesnt matter if its drugs, strong liquors or anything else. You need it? We could bring it to you. Location and how and where will be announced later and probably vary anyhow what I would like to explain is how it will work.

The key here again will be the GHI addon, it has a few very, very, very awesome and tricky options to create special items who just kick ass RP. Now the other thing is instead of we just create these items and ta-daa we got you illegal stuff we do something else, we IC create these things over long term RP to make it more realistic and more worth.

Now everyone can create his own stuff and make it legendary but do we want this? I would like to say that we are far away from this and make it as realistic as possible.

Something what I am looking to create IC is a specific drug, or how Shadowtroll is calling it - Bloodthistle extract. A concentrated form of Bloodthistle though Alchemy made it consumable for other races as well.

Also how I imagine this to work: First of all the raw material, it wont be that hard because Bloodthistle grows in Eversong freely and is not officially forbidden. Then I am looking if there is any UC related RP guild active right now? The creation of drugs requires a big laboratory and we wont make it easy by just RP'ing in some imagined.

We want the UC apothecary for use for 'experiments' there a few Alchemists will create very small portions of this Bloodthistle extract drug which is going to be in powder form and similar to cocaine. Then the problem is to smuggling it, we will announce (ooc) and hold smuggling events to see how we pas borders and if we manage to bring it to the directed place. This is again to let people participate to fight us, if such interests exist.

The GHI items will contain small buffs and anti buffs who will give some additional information but its up to YOU and only YOU how YOU react on it, if you buy it after all I mean.

I would like to hear opinions and interests and I will later post additional information.

Gratz Shadowtroll
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

The Black Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 2:52 pm

Also something except the vote itself what I would need to know.

Be so kind and drop a comment what would for example your char look for. Its not only for a specific things, its supposed to be a bright market with many different items. What would you need? Latex suit? Some illegal demonic runes? Post it and even make a order now so you dont wait for the next shipment.

Its planned to be holded once a week while the other weeks are going to be hold events who supply the market. As said, creating and smuggling.
Back to top Go down
Adalan

Adalan

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-01-16

The Black Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 3:02 pm

Adalan would totally be all over the black market. But I have massive doubts as to whether an economy based on items that anyone can make would work in-game. I've not got GHI installed at the moment, but isn't it a case of just selecting an icon and writing a little description, it's not something I'd be keen to spend in-game money on... or even made-up in-game money.

However, on a more positive note I do have a bit of advise on the whole smuggling aspect: don't force it. Drugs aren't illegal when they're first discovered. Trade in the open for a bit, until the more authoritarian guilds get a whiff of it all. When they go all huffy about it, then you'll find the need to smuggle your wares appears quite naturally.
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

The Black Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 3:08 pm

Adalan wrote:
Adalan would totally be all over the black market. But I have massive doubts as to whether an economy based on items that anyone can make would work in-game. I've not got GHI installed at the moment, but isn't it a case of just selecting an icon and writing a little description, it's not something I'd be keen to spend in-game money on... or even made-up in-game money.

However, on a more positive note I do have a bit of advise on the whole smuggling aspect: don't force it. Drugs aren't illegal when they're first discovered. Trade in the open for a bit, until the more authoritarian guilds get a whiff of it all. When they go all huffy about it, then you'll find the need to smuggle your wares appears quite naturally.

About this part I maybe forgot to say something very very essentially important. We wont ask any in game gold for it, either GHI made up money. Horde isnt that far to work as the Alliance side with a own RP currency and I am not that kind of god to bring it successfully to the Horde side. We will simple though emotes make 'gold' income.

Also yes I think GHI makes it tooo easy to create items who are somehow unrealistic or overpowered, thats why I will be very carefully with that and NOT just trade stuff who can probably blow up anything, kill anyone or whatever else which comes close to PRP.

Dont push it? Aye thats a pretty good idea and thank you did not though about it. Its not illegal till its not forbidden, now law exists for it and therefore making it the first times a open event would be a far better idea. Thanks for the advice will make use of it for sure Wink
Back to top Go down
Shadowhoof

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-02-28

The Black Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 3:11 pm

I would be interested in this. I have two sugestions.

1. Instead of spending "real money" why not deal with bars. Maybe you could sell me a bag of this drug for 3 gold bars? Silver bars? Thorium bars?

2. You / We / Someone, could create a market for a rare delicious meat. Highly illegal the source of this meat will be a source of great controversy. Gnome Meat (or another alliance race). We can then organise RPPVP events to harvest this meat for future sale.
Back to top Go down
Brontz

Brontz

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-02-22

The Black Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 3:26 pm

Really like the idea but renember there is other places than UC if you want to create something really illegal
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

The Black Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 3:28 pm

Hoof boy, aye Gnome meat is very searched (got recently asked IC about that)

And the UC is because of the Apothecarium, for other goods other places.

So gnomes are found in Dun'Morogh?... king
Back to top Go down
Adalan

Adalan

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-01-16

The Black Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 4:00 pm

I've been mulling over the money issue for a bit now (should probably working instead). I'll be honest, I don't like the idea of making up a new currency for RP items like this. It seems pretty illogical to do so while there's already a perfectly decent currency available. Both in and out of character I'd find it pretty hard to swallow. I imagine other people would feel similarly.

But I think I have a solution. The barter system! It makes sense in the game world, it doesn't place any real monetary value on an item, it's a cheerfully informal system that is open to criminals exploiting gullible marks... simply agree at the point of trade how many jars of gnome snot are worth one bag of powdered basilisk urethra. Bish bash bosh.
Back to top Go down
Kaeldrin

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-21

The Black Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 4:35 pm

I was just thinking, UC would probably the best place to trades, because the Forsaken really lack illegal goods in the conventional sense. Gnome meat, for example would be perfectly acceptable in a society that cannibalizes any meat they find to repair their bodies, and who chop up bodies to make abominations.

They are also ok with the whole demon thing, so demonic items would probably be encouraged to be found and brought back to UC for study.

But in places like SM and Ogri, I guess that kind of stuff is abhorred, but Thrall still lets the Forsaken do it.
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

The Black Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 4:40 pm

Yah. If it had big neon letters right outside the police station, saying "Black Market here!". Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

The Black Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 4:54 pm

i think i didn't have time to post a comment about what kind of things vyp would be intersted in earlier so here goes:

Alcohol naturally. While she can get most types easily enough, she's always on the look out for something new...and if she can get it without paying import duties, so much the better.

Drugs. Not for simple recreational use mind you. She is a still a shaman and trance states leading to visions are a part of life.

Exotic alchemy supplies. Again, shaman make all kinds of crazy potions including experimental alcohlic drinks... if you're very lucky, they just explode in your face... Wink

Anything that could be used in the forbidden arts of Da Voodoo. Gnome effigies, voodoo skulls, rare types of feathers ...you name it, i'll take a look.
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Seidra

Seidra

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-06-23

The Black Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 5:30 pm

Good idea m8! Sei likes to get high when he has time for that and also he looks for strong alcohol.. but not only that he would also be willing to "sell" in the black market illegal stuff such as:

-Self made Mana Bombs
-Stolen Laboratory Equipment
-Artifacts

I would love to take part in this Black Market so gimme a call in game afro
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

The Black Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 5:40 pm

The Black Market will be part of the Black Curtain Cartel which is pretty bad ass, I dont know if Seidra fits in but your welcome to try.

Reminder: This all requires GHI.

Mana bombs? Fine but kinda useless when they cant blow something up Razz My idea is to create items who can be used in game. Weapons and explosives can be created but are not showed though the addon and cant be equipped. I will avoid em for myself but artifacts are nice.

Still on that consider that too OP items are mostly sighted on, be careful with that Razz

Already got some stuff going and will soon introduce all this once the shipment with materials has arrived.
Back to top Go down
Feronius

Feronius

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-06-05

The Black Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 6:06 pm

Sounds like an awesome idea Shadow!
two things, mainly to the replying people here:
- 1. Economy my ass, doesn't matter shit.. just RP realisticly and have great fun, if it's politically or economically correct /care, it provides a crap load of original, fresh and fun RP Very Happy
- 2. well.. I forgot point two.. but I guess you should read point 1 again! Razz

There's no RP cash needed, most alliance do without it to /shrug, I've sold some rofl-food products on a gnome once for free (emotes without actually paying?) was still funny Razz
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

The Black Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 6:34 pm

Thats what I ment Fero, and yup my biggest concern is economical realistic items. I saw some very...very...very weird items before who just ehm came close to god emotes and crap like that.

Ah and Fero no worry! Black Curtain Cartel spreads on Alliance side soon!
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

The Black Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 6:35 pm

Interesting idea. I personally have my doubts about GHI, but thats most likely because I'm lazy and don't actually use any RP addon's. Might change my mind on this if it take of.

Regarding your comments about where this could take place, I would like to recommend Ratchet as a place where it could take place. You can find some background on the place in the Anglers sub-forum:

https://wearelegion.forumakers.com/extreme-anglin-f22/ratchet-industrial-decadent-and-our-home-t281.htm

Quote :
It is a city of entertainment and trade, where anything that anyone would ever want to buy — and plenty of things that no one ever wants to buy — is on sale.

The Goblins in Ratchet don't really care what is sold; who is buying; pretty much as long as they get their cut.

As for items, as a practioner of forbidden magic, I am mean a simple fisherman, then of course forbidden tomes, artifacts would be the kind of thing interesting to me.
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

The Black Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 6:39 pm

Ratchet is one of the possible places but its probably going to be a rather moving event. Even if in the beginning it will be mostly legal later for security reasons it will move around.

There is still a general place where we store the goods Wink I let you find it if you care enough to attend to our smuggling events and I make sure we got from everything a piece.

The first time it will be prolly a: You got that? No? Well can I order it?

P.S: It will be announced by the SSD as a exotic goods open trading event Wink
Back to top Go down
Feronius

Feronius

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-06-05

The Black Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 7:23 pm

And people do that less without GHI? Surprised don't think so.. GHI just rocks
In fact I think it makes for better RP in comparrison, since the most naabRPers don't got it anyway
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

The Black Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 7:28 pm

Siheld buys everything that he needs, reagent, spell scrolls..
Everything..
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

The Black Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 7:40 pm

Even gnome heads? If yes I make sure to bring it on the Alliance Bazaar too!
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

The Black Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 8:28 pm

I ment crystals and scrolls, NO voodooheadzz
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

The Black Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 8:29 pm

so i need to get ghi ... then we can trade stuff for the pits ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net

The Black Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 8:37 pm

i'm totally up for this market thing...

the Apothecarium part may be a toughie, usually the R.A.S. is very secretive about their experiments and the Deathguard keeps a tight hand around everything that goes by, so it would be hard to just get in, use to Apothecarium to manufacture a load of drugs and leave like nothing happened, unless of course this manufacturer knew someone on the inside that would help open some doors and make some eyes look the other way...
Back to top Go down

The Black Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 8:52 pm

Just a thought, but with the Pits in mind how about a drugs market as part of it?

I'm sure the dwarf gimps could do with the WoW equivalent of poppers for starters!
Back to top Go down
Seidra

Seidra

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-06-23

The Black Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 11:10 pm

Shadowtroll wrote:
The Black Market will be part of the Black Curtain Cartel which is pretty bad ass, I dont know if Seidra fits in but your welcome to try.

Reminder: This all requires GHI.

Mana bombs? Fine but kinda useless when they cant blow something up Razz My idea is to create items who can be used in game. Weapons and explosives can be created but are not showed though the addon and cant be equipped. I will avoid em for myself but artifacts are nice.

Still on that consider that too OP items are mostly sighted on, be careful with that Razz

Already got some stuff going and will soon introduce all this once the shipment with materials has arrived.

U can RP something m8 thats the way manabombs work. You write it all in emote.. By the way arent we talking about an Market where illegal stuff is done? Everyone can fit in.. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Black Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Market   The Black Market Empty

Back to top Go down

The Black Market
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next