We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace

Go down 
+13
Adalan
Brontz
Opathu
Vexacus
Seti
Aelhaiarn
Archnazg
Athraze
Vypra
Ziah
Katheryn
Siheld
Snicka
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

[RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace   [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:40 am

Aelhaiarn wrote:
Added to the list:

-Crispy, deep-fried gnome with sour sauce

Don't be disgusting....

everyone knows friend gnome is bested served with a oyster sauce, perhaps with a scattering of spring onions on top.
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace   [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 10:13 am

Vexacus wrote:
Aelhaiarn wrote:
Added to the list:

-Crispy, deep-fried gnome with sour sauce

Don't be disgusting....

everyone knows friend gnome is bested served with a oyster sauce, perhaps with a scattering of spring onions on top, stuffed with pork scratching and a pineapple up the back hole too
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace   [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 12:10 pm

GHI appears to be broken, at least I can't unstack or copy my menu's and Cookies anymore, so it'll be an evening without menu's and cookies, but we'll make pretend. After all, that is what we're good at.
Back to top Go down
Brontz

Brontz

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace   [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 12:29 pm

New patch causing it got to wait for an update
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace   [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 4:16 pm

Lynnora wrote:
[size=24][color=red] eggs used were provided by Tethis himself.

Eggs provided by a male raptor? That's disgusting!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace   [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 4:34 pm

affraid I didn't see anything hangin' under him last time I checked. Did you? I think it's a she. But... I'll fix it.
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace   [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 4:36 pm

I think Tethis is a female raptor, too, but the menu clearly said "himself"...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace   [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 4:50 pm

It did... and I actually always took Tethis for a male raptor. I just didn't think of the low likelyhood a male raptor produces eggs hehe... Eitherway, fixed Smile
We will serve bread for free with the meals as there are no GHI Fortune Cookies now.
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace   [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:34 pm

I saw the inn/restaurant, and it was awesome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace   [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 3:39 am

Lynnora wrote:
Next week we will have a special surprise. Next week we - truely - have a cook hired who knows how to serve KALDOREI.

Last week I closed at about 23.30 I think but I don't mind closing a little later, as long as we have happy customers!

Siheld, I won't cook you, don't be afraid.

I can haz Reservation for two? Razz
Back to top Go down
Adalan

Adalan

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace   [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 10:41 am

Yeah, cannibalism? You realise that's super-illegal in the horde? When the trolls joined there was a bit of a to-do about it so they actually passed a law.

(and don't give me any guff about blood elves and night elves being a different species. That's like saying white people are a different species to black people so it's okay to eat them)

(and yes, I know the undead flout the rules by om nomming more or less everything. I'm just saying, is all)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace   [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 10:42 am

So you are actually serving night elf and not serving for? :X
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace   [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 10:55 am

I do not question where the meat comes from nor do I question who will eat it. All I got was requests to serve Night Elf and hence Friday we have a cook flown in who knows how to cook Kaldorei. Anything for a happy customer. Illegal? By now you should know Lynnora knows how to dodge any kind of law (which I have yet to read about, but even when there is one, I am pretty sure a character such as Lynn would wipe her ass with it. Trolls gave up on openly cannibalizing themselves upon joining the Horde, and as far as I know, were not forced to it by any law.).

Feel free not to taste it, after all, no one is forcing you to nibble on an ear or toe.

Just pointing out, by the way, if you are trying to do an attack on me lorewise, it is VERY common for a Troll to eat anything that is not a Troll. And that most other members of the Horde do not find it of high taste but turn their heads away from it. It happens.

Even amongst Orcs and Humans there are cannibalists. And, our Forsaken friends, of course, make this even count more, cannibalizing on not even a daily but more so an hourly basis.

If you are not weary of cannabilism being actually very common amongst some Horde races, I am very willing to provide you with the exact texts from lore sources, but I think everyone takes this for known.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace   [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 11:36 am

I think Adalan's point was not that horde don't do cannibalism. We all know trolls, undead and even a few orcs (Although only the Bonechewer Clan are known to do it) are into it. However the point is it is outlawed by the horde.

The forsaken do it and get away with it for a number of reasons.
A) They are in another continent so can do things without the rest of the horde knowing *Wrathgate being the biggest example of behind the scenes*

B) They are in the horde for convenience and are not really that loyal to it. *You will never hear a forsaken in Undercity screaming for the horde*

Also Darkspear Trolls no longer partake in cannibalism

Quote :
The Darkspear tribe, too, was cannibalistic until it joined the Horde, at which point the Darkspears officially gave up cannibalism

Source: http://www.wowwiki.com/Cannibalism

All in all it is a good point to consider before doing something like serving another humanoid race on a plate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace   [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 11:51 am

Liontooth wrote:

All in all it is a good point to consider before doing as something like serving another humanoid race on a plate.

I have not seen any IC menu saying we are serving Night Elf ears on a Stick or something, but perhaps you have?
If so, feel free to IC ask me about that. However, it will be served IC to only a certain amount of people who were trustworthy enough to know about our special dish. If you happen to know of it IC, seemingly, they were not trustworthy enough.

As far as I know, still, there is no law on cannibalism, but the Trolls gave up on cannibalizing themselves upon joining the Horde. However, that is unclear, apparently, so if you two would do me the honor of providing me with the exact law text? As I seem unable to find anything about a law.
The same is said in your quote and link, by the way.

We might as well take this to a new topic if this is going to be a lore war instead of ruin my events' topic (which, kind of, happened already, with my humble thanks).
Back to top Go down
Seti

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-03-30

PostSubject: whats the point?   [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 12:11 pm

where is the fire????

did anyone get hurt??

i dont see the problem here.... someone wants to make a joke in his / her menu.... like an ice cream in the shape of a NE or something,,,

it's not like you eat Ben and Jerry, no you eat the ice cream they make.

anyways, cannibalism isnt something you run into at the Happy Dragon Tea Palace, so if you want to discuss that

whisper my UD IC (Reij) and we will talk about it, maybe you can explain why he can't eat animal meat, but he can eat Humanoids...

- you dont have to respond to this in this topic, since it has nothing to do with it -

other then that, lets stick to the topic of a ingame restaurant
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace   [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 12:18 pm

Since Seti kind of gave it away already, we were supposed to cause some upheaval IC and in the end it would turn out the Goblin coming over to cook the Night Elves carefully gathered by someone, was actually someone trying to rob the whole Restaurant, leaving Lynn with only bread to serve for free that evening. We would go on a trip with the people walkin in to the Restaurant to see if 'is she really serving Night Elf???' to find the Goblin who left clues here and there.

Yes, it was supposed to be an expedition with clues.

Was all thought out quite carefully, trying to make some commotion IC starting with that yesterday telling two or three people we'd be serving Kaldorei, so we would have as many people showing up for the expedition as possible, but apparently the most commotion was OOC in the form of 'look at me, I know lorez!'.

Perhaps I'll try to come up with some other joke to spice things up some day.
Back to top Go down
Seti

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-03-30

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace   [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 12:39 pm

sorry can't resist!

/applause
thanks to those who just ruined a nice idea in Roleplay, how OOC ruined IC

maybe it's better to just say nothing and relax, well thats not my nature
the girl put some effort in a cool roleplay setting and wooops out the window because ppl tend to know better

thanks for the lesson in how to demotivate a roleplayer

- if you dont agree, i couldnt care less so dont.... -
(ahh and there is the true undead spirit)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace   [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 12:41 pm

By taking OOC discussions defensively and trying to make out that this has ruined everything.

Sorry the only people that have ruined this is yourselves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace   [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 1:36 pm

The thing is, people were meant to get stirred up about it. And people were meant to go like 'zomg cannibalism omg', but IC and not OOC. Problem I did not expect was people try to solve IC issues, OOC. And that is a shame as the expedition for the Goblin had taken some preparations already.

On the other hand a good lesson as well, from now on I'll spread intended rumours purely and alone IC and not post any hints on the forum to prevent OOC mixing with IC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace   [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 1:47 pm

Feel free to continue what you are up to IC as I know nothing about it. Your original post stating that you where serving Night Elf looked like it was added to a public menu which would send warning signs both IC and OOC. There was no hint that this was some sort of behind the scenes dark thing, until Adalan raised the point of cannibalism, so of course people are going to raise questions about how this is going to work OOC.

But if you feel you can not discuss, shed light or whatever to your ideas then yes I suggest you go with avoiding forums for intended purpose.
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace   [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 3:06 pm

Lynnora, please do not take our forum jollity too seriously. Adalan's humorous inquiry was actually very relevant as Lion pointed out in his post.

If the fact you planned to serve up Night Elf was indeed on a -public- menu (ie, it was public knowledge IC), then you could expect word to get around to ppl that won't stand for that kind of thing -IC-.

However, if you had simply pointed out that this was a special menu item only known about by those that had specifically asked about it IC, then that's it. End of inquiry, no need to ruin your surpise plot twist.

I hope you now understand why this was brought OOC? Ppl need to know -if- their character would know about it IC or not.

Now, if we can move on and let the happy dragon tea place continue providing friday night rp for everybody, without drama, that would be great Wink
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Adalan

Adalan

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace   [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 3:29 pm

There is a wider point about the seperation of in- and out-of-character knowledge to be taken from this (which personally I dislike; it's too abstract and "play-acting"-y to divide the two rigorously). I think if you're trying to keep something a secret IC, you shouldn't shout about it OOC. I will try and take this point to a wider context in a seperate thread, but there's a lot of interweaving issues that'll end up getting addressed at once, so it might be a while before I can unravel it into something coherent here on the forum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace   [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 3:31 pm

Fair do's! I myself have a different view on it but that was clear Wink
Back to top Go down
Ryleen

Ryleen

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace   [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 3:44 pm

In fear of getting myself dragged into a discussion I perhaps should stay out of...

When people (or at least I, since I can't speak for everyone) point out lore flaws and similar things in ooc discussions, it's almost every time in an attempt to educate and help the people who seems to be doing a mistake. We all want to make the best of our rp and follow lore as best we can. It could very well have been that you weren't aware of cannibalism most likely being frowned upon if conducted in a restaurant in the city of Silvermoon. If that had been the case, it would have been better for us to point it out ooc, rather than solve it ic and risk ruining both plans and enjoyment for you. Now, that wasn't the case this time. But it could have been, and I have a very hard time believing anyone here is discussing lore with the intention of ruining other people's rp. Especially their super secret rp plans that no one knows about. Wink It's hard to intentionally ruin those.
Back to top Go down
http://aldriona.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace   [RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

[RP Event] Happy Dragon Tea Palace
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next