We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Warsongs' Ashenvale.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Speatus

Speatus

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Warsongs' Ashenvale. Empty
PostSubject: Warsongs' Ashenvale.   Warsongs' Ashenvale. EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 2:24 pm

The Kal’dorei, Nazrug thought, their very name strikes fear into the weak hearted. For good reason though, they fight from a distance, from the cover of the under growth and with daggers from the shadows. There is no honour in dying with a knife in your back.

Yet strangely, despite their methods, Nazrug felt a slight tweak of respect. They never shy from combat like the other races, they do not hide behind walls of steel and cover themselves in plate. He had never come across a Elven corpse that had soiled it’s self. No, they have always been a warrior race. Not so different from the Orcs.

Regardless, and unfortunately for them, they have chosen to defy the Horde, slaughter patrols sent out by the Outriders and spit on the Warchief’s name.

Nazrug tightened his grip around the weakened Night elf’s head, anger and the spirit of the earth aiding his strength. The elf did not resist, She had fought well but had completely lost her will to continue.

This blatant disrespect and failure to fight honourably like Orcs... Nazrug cannot respect.

Nazrug strained from the effort and caved her head in with the squeeze, he felt the strength of the earth leave his being as the Kal’dorei dropped to the floor.

The sounds of the forest continued on as normal after the spirit of the elf had left, Nazrug scanned the forest canopy and the undergrowth. He did not have the eyes of a tracker but he knew he was being watched. The keepers of the Grove had been a thorn in the Warsong’s side since they had appeared on the scene.

Nazrug dragged the corpse of the Kal’dorei next to the river and washed the blood from her body. He propped her up with her back against a tree and respectfully layed her weapons across her chest. She fought and died well, so she shall retain her honour and her spirit shall pass unhindered. Her people can recover her body.

Nazrug stood up and peered into the forest, then he spoke to it as if it was a living being, as if it could reply.

“Although this elf is not one of yours, You Keepers have shown us that you possess valour, valour enough to face us in battle and this can be respected. Very well, battle it shall be, prepare your defences, for I will be back in force soon. Astrannar will burn.”

He did not know if they could understand him, but one thing he knew for sure was that they had heard him. That was enough, the spirits would take care of the rest.

Ukkla, the head she-wolf of Ashenvale, the officer in command of this area. That is who Nazrug must speak to.

((last night’s performance with the Gthazagars has marked a turning point in Nazrug’s view on the Keepers. He now sees them as a worthy foe as opposed to a menial Silverwing force like before. No doubt Nazrug is going to have a run in with General Katalmach after calling off the attack and worsening the relationship with the Gthazagars.

To better understand his reaction, I’ll have to explain his IC view:
When Nazrug and Krusg (Two senior officers of the Blades) arrived on the scene they saw the Blades running in circles, the Keepers were painting the grass red with Warsong blood. There were no officers present and no head figure leading the assault.
Nazrug and Krusg were further enraged by the failure of the soldiers showing a united front to our enemy, the Gthazagar’s were our allies but with all the IC bickering going on between our two factions (in front of the enemy as they watched with amusement) the two supposed “Elite divisions of the Horde” looked like squabbling grunts.

Understandable then, why Nazrug flew into a rage.

After the Gthazagars retreated things looked dire, but this is the point where I like to think that the battle turned, as soon as the Blades had two high ranking officers with them, they were able to rally forces and make a tactical retreat back to Splintertree. They fought all the way back to the very gates of splintertree and both parties (The Keepers and the Blades) were able to retain their honour.

Although I wasn’t there for the entire event, a big thank you goes out to the Keepers for an awesome RP-PvP encounter.
You guys are amazing.

What will happen next? I assume Nazrug will get an ar*e kicking for his rash actions by the General, but hopefully it will be seen as the favourable outcome - Rather the soldiers return home with bad blood than their heads be placed on Elven pikes. Nazrug later plans to request an armed force to push into “the alliance side” of Ashenvale – obviously he’ll have to consult Ukkla about this. I will be posting the date and time of the attack so that the keepers are aware if they wish to defend.

I would request, however, that it is not made too public so the amount of OOCers are limited =D ))
Back to top Go down
http://www.createforum.com/warsong/
Ilanowyr

Ilanowyr

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Warsongs' Ashenvale.   Warsongs' Ashenvale. EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 5:26 pm

The world he had known, the world they all had known, is no more.
The central region of Kalimdor is not a barren, ravaged plain. Spreading out in every direction the Orcs had wreaked carnage on the Night-elf civilization. Hundreds, possibly thousands, of his people were slain in ages past – and yet the conflict conflicts while the remnants of battle scar the lands further. But not everywhere, Ilanowyr had to remind himself. They invade our space, and we fall back. They destroy countless of ancient trees, and we fall back. Not again! Not this time. The line will be drawn here.. This far, no further! .. and we will make them pay for what they’ve done!

Arin’s ears twitched as she detected something was amiss. The hair on Ilanowyr’s neck rising, he started to look over his shoulder – already aware of the danger. A Fel Guard opened his grisly maw and roared at the pair. Sword raised , the horned demon charged at the nearest foe – Arin. “No!” Ilanowyr shoved Arin aside just in time, whilst calling upon the forest and heavens to come to his aid.

A sudden, intense wind slammed into the demon, flinging him like a leaf several yards back. He fell agains a tree truck – cracking the trunk – then slid to the ground. As tenticels of some huge squid, the roots of every tree within reach squirmed over the stunned attacker. The demon tried to rise, but his arms, legs, torso, and head were suddenly pinned to the earth. He struggled, but only succeeded in losing what grip he had on his weapon. Their victim secure, the roots then immediately sank into the earth, and –in the process- through the demon.

A hissing gasp was all that escaped the monserous assassin, before the roots severed his head from its body. Green ichor poured out of the horrific wounds. Within seconds another howl was heard through the air as the orcish warlock who commanded the Fel Guard discovered to elvish blades tactically placed through his chest. The moment the orc fell lifeless to the ground, Arin appeared from behind him.

A soft sigh escaped Ilanowyr as he brought everything back in focus, forcing a warm smile on his face to Arin. “We will make them pay..”, he explained calmly.

--------------< OOC >--------------
Was indeed awesome to have this unexpected visit from you orcs. As you said, we were slightly humored by the chaos within the orcs. Still, Ilanowyr’s words were always in disgust and filled with nothing but hatred towards the orc. Out of OOC curtsy we refrained from attacking recklessly.

Many thanks for this memorable evening, and I hope they will be plenty in the coming times.
Back to top Go down
Seidra

Seidra

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Warsongs' Ashenvale.   Warsongs' Ashenvale. EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 6:11 pm

nice story... I like your character Speatus..
Back to top Go down
Katalmach

Katalmach

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Warsongs' Ashenvale.   Warsongs' Ashenvale. EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 9:47 pm

-----((OOC))-----

Major thanks to you folks in the Keepers. You have been a great adversery, and our fun would be much less if we did not have a worthy and organised foe. May our future battles be bloody.

/salute
Back to top Go down
Ilanowyr

Ilanowyr

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Warsongs' Ashenvale.   Warsongs' Ashenvale. EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 10:57 am

---- (( OOC ))-----
You have my MSN, mate? dsuddaby@hotmail.com
Feel free to contact me there to organise events.. I have alts I'm willing for you to 'use' in an event, for example. I really enjoy the capture of Ilanowyr, but then again.. a lesser ranked member might be more fun to do.

Vise versa as well, of course Laughing
Back to top Go down
Drakonis

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Warsongs' Ashenvale.   Warsongs' Ashenvale. EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 12:14 pm

Ilanowyr wrote:
---- (( OOC ))-----
a lesser ranked member might be more fun to do.
*grumblez* Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.drakonis7.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warsongs' Ashenvale.   Warsongs' Ashenvale. Empty

Back to top Go down

Warsongs' Ashenvale.
Page 1 of 1