We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gone bloody quiet

Go down 
+12
Vexacus
Manovan Marrowsteel
Leaf
Quintilius
torgadon
munechi
Vypra
Feronius
Snicka
Siheld
Shadowtroll
Opathu
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Gone bloody quiet - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 7:36 am

Going so deep into things, which on first sight, dont affect me scares myself a little. But I try point out couple of things in this post now.

To avoid circular discussions throwing each others arguments over and over again I'll say that people have different opinions, we dont have always to agree with each other to have a point, so I will bring up things which doesn't seem to have been mentioned as much as maybe they should.

Quote :
And to reply to an argument given earlier in this post; if you think that what is written now and then in the random carp section can be a deterrent to new players than you have little faith in what is written on the rest of the forum. If a new player takes in the forum as a whole, but decides against the realm based on rants given on a section meant for it, either because it's not seriousface enough or too trollish in nature, and judge us based on that despite what the rest of the forum offers, then well, that new player can just fuck right off cause he seems no fun anyways.

While this could be right, RP realms are, despite all sayings of 'we stickz together yay!' are competative, especially when it comes to fuel their own community. Fact remains that while we might chill here thinking of us like the cool kids and be like 'if someone -wants- cool RP they come to us' then we wont make it far as a community as well, not when other communities do way better and offer far more.

Truth is that SSL doesn't offer anything in a RP perspective compared to other realms, being tempted to go further into this I spare it to you all since this is a discussion I hate just as a much as everyone else, claiming RP is dying since 2005 and so on and on, you know the routine of these rants.

As to people receiving feedback, hell, this isn't easy, no matter what you do. Let me use a bit more snobbish word and say that even prominent and well known members within the RP community cannot receive couple of replies concerning about a idea/guild/event/plot or similar.

Another thing, the 'Big Shit' as you refer to it is not what I take as sign of activity, neither should others take it right away, although you can say what you want but it is exciting in its own way as well. One major plotline is interesting, and no one here could disagree that smaller scale RP is just as interesting, particularly because all board users here I am aware of have experienced themselfs.

The thing about me being a source of RP, I let other judge whether or not I've contributed to the community or not. I personally don't do this here because I am craving attention, if this would be the case it would be a very sad moment for a human being.

Yet, I dont put my name under everything I create in terms of Role Play, so does many others. In fact there are people who have in periods of less activity literally driven whole plots and actively involved other guilds and players to bring them into something to make them react and create RP on their own, successfully I might add. Some of these plot lines continue till now in game, such folks didn't ask to let others know who are their other characters or didn't wanted any attention.

Thus why I bought the thumbs up thing up, at some point seeing -no- response whatsoever is just frustrating, while senseless trolling and spamming goes on and pushes away things which are more worth of a read.

EDIT: Also your interpretation for raging is rather meh, I though of this as a discussion so far >.>
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 8:21 am

This argument now lost me. I thought this was a random thread I set up, and now we were just trolling to let our hair down ...? Surprised

I think the more WoW becomes like FPS, the less I'm going to play it -- and the less it is going to attract a "community" atmosphere. But there are other games and worlds which allow that. My only "problem" is how do I follow those guys/gals here I "like" into any of those new game environments in future, if we are only known by our "nicknames"? I can't call myself Opathu forever Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
torgadon

torgadon

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 8:49 am

Im really confused about this arguement, infact, no idea how it was brought up, pretty sure this post was 'Goddamnit no ones posting so post random shit naow!'.
It would help if i read alot of the text walls but that takes too much effort hiding from my tutors etc in class lol.
Back to top Go down
torgadon

torgadon

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 10:49 am

Opathu, your a journalisty person yeah? You should write about how shit derry is Sad

Anyyywayyyy, ive finally read over most of this thread and, we need something new to tro- , talk about, only big thing atm is quintilius and shadowtroll talking to each other, hmmmm
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 3:27 pm

1st day back at work after a long weekend sucks Sad
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 3:49 pm

I read your post three times now, Shadowtroll and I have no idea what you're really trying to say, though I assume I disagree.

Something about getting credit or boasting.. dunno the relevance.. hm.. lets see.. want cool RP, come to us? Hm, dunno where that came from.. hm, there's more.. Ah, SSL isn't as good as other realms, well.. I don't care about that.. allways thought SSL was mint, but I guess you make it to be what you want it to be.. ah.. aaand.. hmm..

Something about being a source of RP? craving attention? Again, dunno what you on about.. Never seen others as source of RP, there are no source of RP but yourself, other roleplayers are not the source, but only co-conspirators... hmm.. ugh.. drudging on...

Ah.. the gist of it.. may..be.. that.. people who don't.. sign their RP? Ah, uhm.. I don't get it.. Do people sell RP as paintings now? What... anyways.. they.. make RP.. so.. they deserve credit...? I dunno.. I thought making RP was what you did on a RP realm and it deserved no more credit than taking your morning dump before taking a shower... but I guess some people put too much worth in good RP... due to.. lack of it? I don't know.. Hm..

Honestly, Shadowtroll... I have no idea what you are on about.

It must be a problem only common among lesser RP'ers.

Can't you just give them cake or something?
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 4:10 pm

Quint I really have to assume you have given up all pretences and are just trolling now. I don't really have a problem with understanding what is being said. And it's nothing about shadow craving attention I can assure you.

You should give the guy some props, he has been involved in a LOT of stuff without taking any credit for it, doing it under assumed names and shit. Ofc, like you say that is irrelevant to you as you are happy with your small scale interactions and that is fine. Fair play.

But there are some of us also who would love to see large scale shit going off and people getting involved. I also think the realm would benefit from it as well.

Personally since a long time I also decided to pretty much do what I wanted and let others sort there own fun, but I really can't blame people who want to try.
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 4:14 pm

If I actually have to go out and say it, then yes.. Yes, I am trolling.

At least the last bit there. The other parts are not so much trolling, as such.

I'm just the friendly neighbourhood Loyal Opposition.
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 4:35 pm

Replying to the edit:

First of all, I'm not saying that it is because he craves attention, those were words plucked from his post. However, I do not see where he could claim to have a larger part in the blame of Stuff.

And I've seen what Shadowtroll has done. Obviously not all of it, but enough to know he has at least tried, which is all fine and dandy. I've been there myself and props to those who tries.

I am not against that, or Big Shit. Big Shit is nice, when it works. Like the The Eye Plot, or Opathu's Slave Train. Or even Ryleens Heritage stuff. Though more often than not an event leads to mess and argument so personally I stay away, unless I sniff genuine chance of success. But by all means, do it if you want.

What I do argue against, basically, is bitching and moaning and problemising RP. If you want change, then begin with yourself, just go out there and be Good and Make Stuff Happen.

Complaining and telling other people what to do, to fix things, is to begin at the wrong end.

RP should allways, allways be casual and fun. If one cares too much about it you will start walking down a road that ain't healthy, I know. You find many nutters in mmo's, but trust me.. the most fucked up people you'll ever find will be among the hardcore RP'ers.

The reason why I allways pipe up around these things is because I've been one of those hardcore nutters who lived and breathed RP, who spent hours on forums and ingame, playing WoW -only- for the RP and leveling up was nothing but a way to get better looks in RP, nothing else.

I just react to too much whining about RP, because it means you care too much. RP is dangerous!!!
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 4:48 pm

This actually inspires me to write a post giving reasons why exactly I think like this. It could be called "Confessions of an ex-roleplayer"

Oh, there could be alot of juicy stuff written there... I'll maybe write it up later tonight, when I come back from work. Hurr hurr.
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 1:50 am

The health of RP realms are mostly determined by how many youngsters with a lot of time of their hands there are. I can't see how anyone with little time on their hands can really do anything in terms of revitalizing RP on a realm.
I've been one of those people, fighting against lethargic old folks that claim nothing can be done about the realms situation and such.

So, if a realm is in a bad shape, and it's not just summer vacations or a rather "natural" decline that is soon to be expected to end, then the inhabitants of said realm just have to wait and hope that a few cheerful RP-enthusiasts with no job and no family will come along and settle down there.

Not saying that there's no way what so ever for someone with a job, partner, children, family - aka. "a life" - to help RP in a significant way, I'm just saying that they probably won't be able to keep the steam up in the same way as the one without a life.
Back to top Go down
torgadon

torgadon

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 9:30 am

Leaf wrote:
cheerful RP-enthusiasts with no job and no family .

R U CaL71iNg m3 a l0s3r?????//
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gone bloody quiet
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6