We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bloody maintainance!

Go down 
+4
Leaf
munechi
Brontz
Siheld
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Bloody maintainance! Empty
PostSubject: Bloody maintainance!   Bloody maintainance! EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 1:45 pm

Well, since Blizz have killed the SSL forum (and the rest I guess) I'll ask the question here I asked there:
Why don't all races (other than Gnomes, obviously!) have a "Pick up a Gnome by his feet and bash his head against a tree" attack feature?
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Bloody maintainance!   Bloody maintainance! EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 3:23 pm

Why always ze gnumes? Sad
Back to top Go down
Brontz

Brontz

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Bloody maintainance!   Bloody maintainance! EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 3:24 pm

We'd run out of gnomes
Back to top Go down
munechi

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Bloody maintainance!   Bloody maintainance! EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 5:55 pm

Siheld wrote:
Why always ze gnumes? Sad

they deserve it
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Bloody maintainance!   Bloody maintainance! EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 7:34 pm

-_-

No really... despite being more undead than gnome nowadays, these things are getting fucking boring.

Yes, there's a race that's small in the game, get over it or make an original joke for once.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bloody maintainance!   Bloody maintainance! EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 8:25 pm

Leaf wrote:
-_-

No really... despite being more undead than gnome nowadays, these things are getting fucking boring.

Yes, there's a race that's small in the game, get over it or make an original joke for once.

Seriously though, it's not like a Tauren would have a problem doing this, so why not? Imagine the fun that could be had at the Azerothian Olympics with Gnome-tossing as our equivalent of the hammer, gnomes heads replace the shot putt, flattened gnomes heads for the discus, the list could go on.
Back to top Go down
Song

Song

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Bloody maintainance!   Bloody maintainance! EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 9:40 pm

Leaf wrote:
-_-

Can't believe I'm saying it, but I totally agree . It's getting a bit old...
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Bloody maintainance!   Bloody maintainance! EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 9:26 am

Soooooo ... people are getting angry, in real life, over a fictional race in a fictional game which has no real-world impact? Wink (although it is an old joke, yeah)
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
Leaf

Leaf

PostSubject: Re: Bloody maintainance!   Bloody maintainance! EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 1:23 pm

Internet lesson for Opathu.

-_- = sigh face

>:[ = angry face

I use smileys to express my emotion that I had when typing, so that people won't read between the lines. ;]

Such as...

"Fuck you, you arse! ;P"

Doesn't equal...

"Fuck you, you arse! >:["

At a certain point you don't have to use smileys for someone to know what you mean, that's called "knowing the person". So far no one here seems to know me well enough for me to not use smileys, especially since it's mostly believed that I'm nerdraging (usually when it comes to discussions with Gurfang).

Some use smileys ironically or sarcastically, but not me... ;D
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: Bloody maintainance!   Bloody maintainance! EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 1:25 pm

Your smileys are too long then Laughing
Back to top Go down
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Bloody maintainance!   Bloody maintainance! EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 1:32 pm

Opathu wrote:
Your smileys are too long then Laughing

Everyone knows that Oppies attention span isn't longer that 1,5 minute. He can't decypher smilies that fast at his old age.
Back to top Go down
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Bloody maintainance!   Bloody maintainance! EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 1:37 pm

Gurfang wrote:
Well, since Blizz have killed the SSL forum (and the rest I guess) I'll ask the question here I asked there:
Why don't all races (other than Gnomes, obviously!) have a "Pick up a Gnome by his feet and bash his head against a tree" attack feature?

and if all other races get that I want gnomes to get the "Headbutt to the groin" assault with incapacitates the enemy for at least 10 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

PostSubject: Re: Bloody maintainance!   Bloody maintainance! EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 1:43 pm

Gurfang wrote:
Seriously though, it's not like a Tauren would have a problem doing this, so why not? Imagine the fun that could be had at the Azerothian Olympics with Gnome-tossing as our equivalent of the hammer, gnomes heads replace the shot putt, flattened gnomes heads for the discus, the list could go on.

Oooh, so it's a serious discussion now? (I doubt you mean that, so I won't call it stupid)

Just as old as the "gnome are small lol" jokes are the "serious" discussions about why certain things aren't such and such in the game. Like skinning Taurens, Taurens dropping meat, pigs having two livers, pigs having no livers and of course Gnomes being able to be stomped by other bigger races.

But whatever, it's all to be expected I guess. Why I'm writing this then? Well... I wouldn't be if you were new to the game, if you get my point.

And, I have time to kill.

Morgalyen wrote:
and if all other races get that I want gnomes to get the "Headbutt to the groin" assault with incapacitates the enemy for at least 10 minutes.

;D

PS. Long smileys? O_o

PSS. I mean... O_______________________________________________o

Last edited by Leaf on Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: Bloody maintainance!   Bloody maintainance! EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 1:44 pm

Morgalyen wrote:
Gurfang wrote:

Sounds fair. As long as they don't use their teeth, I'm cool with that What a Face

p.s. someone tell Gurfang to run the ToC for me whilst I enjoy my time out in the sun [well, working]
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881

PostSubject: Re: Bloody maintainance!   Bloody maintainance! EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 1:52 pm

Opathu wrote:
p.s. someone tell Gurfang to run the ToC for me whilst I enjoy my time out in the sun [well, working]

ToC is "run"? Lol and welcome back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bloody maintainance!   Bloody maintainance! EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 2:27 pm

Opathu wrote:
Morgalyen wrote:
Gurfang wrote:

Sounds fair. As long as they don't use their teeth, I'm cool with that What a Face

Running the place? I've not exactly been on much myself recently! Also, seeing as I'm only a harlequin I doubt I could do anything beyond shout obscenities in /g with the CAPSLOCK on.

GIEF REEL POWAH!!!

Oh, while you've been away we've had quite a turn around in log ins. We have had 5 on several occasions and we've even reached the dizzying heights of 7! If you bugger off for a year I'm sure that ToC would be ruling the server!!!
Back to top Go down
munechi

PostSubject: Re: Bloody maintainance!   Bloody maintainance! EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 4:23 pm

taurens should be immune to the headbut since gnomes cant reach it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bloody maintainance!   Bloody maintainance! EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 6:00 pm

munechi wrote:
taurens should be immune to the headbut since gnomes cant reach it

Though I'd allow head-butt to the knee cap, slowing movement for 60 seconds by 75%

Last edited by Gurfang on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

PostSubject: Re: Bloody maintainance!   Bloody maintainance! EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 8:27 pm

I have no idea what a headbut or "head but" is, and why a Tauren would be immune to it... but a Gnome head butt would be able to reach the nuts of a cocky (pun intended) Tauren without any problem.

But as I said, discussions like these are just annoying. That and the fact that we're having munechi joining the discussion doesn't bode well, from my own experiences in the past.
On one side we'll have a guy intolerantly hating anything small and cute, and feeling disturbingly fervent love and respect for the bigger and furrier race, and on the other side we'll have me trying to speak to that person about being... well, not so narrow-minded and extreme (in person, as opposed to in{game} character).

"Rawr! I hate this race so much!!"

*shrugs* Maybe a really short person slept with someone's sister or something. ;o

PS. Nothing against munechi overall, it's just when it comes to this subject that I don't clash well with him.
Back to top Go down
munechi

PostSubject: Re: Bloody maintainance!   Bloody maintainance! EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 11:08 pm

i dont remember arguing about something with you for some reason Razz

but i do like to use rawr a lot in WC3 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloody maintainance!   Bloody maintainance! Empty

Back to top Go down

Bloody maintainance!
Page 1 of 1