We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gone bloody quiet

Go down 
+12
Vexacus
Manovan Marrowsteel
Leaf
Quintilius
torgadon
munechi
Vypra
Feronius
Snicka
Siheld
Shadowtroll
Opathu
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Gone bloody quiet - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 2:18 pm

I think we've had plenty of chats, and by now you should know that you're not the only one trying to make something happen Razz

What I dislike is how many people doesn't realize that there is stuff going on, but it won't kill them write down 5-6 lines saying about it.

And while some might go into forums etc shit, if you want to work in a community effectively, promote your RP/guild/community then you will need to make use of the forums and do less trolling, its just counter productive for the realm, really.
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
torgadon

torgadon

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 2:24 pm

Oh, I thought this thread was 'ssl is quiet, lets spam random nonsense at each other' but then again I havnt really bothered to read barely any of the posts here before page 6, (or any of the stuff opathu posts which confuse me,) ifnact, ive forgotten what the first post was all about. so....ooooops? X)
Back to top Go down
torgadon

torgadon

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 2:27 pm

get on teh chatbox NAOW
Back to top Go down
torgadon

torgadon

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 2:29 pm

shaite! I DIDNT EVEN NOTICE I WAS IN SCHOOL TO THIS LONG, I WAS SUPPOSED TO LEAVE 2 DAMN HOURS AGO! FACCCCCCCCCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Katalmach

Katalmach

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 2:31 pm

They shouldn't be letting you drink at school, bud.
Back to top Go down
torgadon

torgadon

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 3:01 pm

lol im not drinking you pillock
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 4:47 pm

Shadowtroll wrote:
I think we've had plenty of chats, and by now you should know that you're not the only one trying to make something happen Razz

Wow, do i really come across as being so arrogant that you think i believe i'm the only one who tries creating and promoting rp?

Quote :
What I dislike is how many people doesn't realize that there is stuff going on, but it won't kill them write down 5-6 lines saying about it.

And while some might go into forums etc shit, if you want to work in a community effectively, promote your RP/guild/community then you will need to make use of the forums and do less trolling, its just counter productive for the realm, really.

ok, here's what i'm trying to tell you:

Nobody can force people to post RP stuff. We can only try and set a good example (as many of us have tried to do time and time again).

Getting annoyed because the spam section is the most popular section of the forum just seems kinda pointless and doesn't really solve anything Razz
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:03 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:10 pm

Do I smell another ragequit incoming?

If so I want my second wooden spoon.
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:11 pm

Vypra wrote:
Wow, do i really come across as being so arrogant that you think i believe i'm the only one who tries creating and promoting rp?

Yep, goddamn elitist.
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:33 pm

Vexacus wrote:
Vypra wrote:

Yep, goddamn elitist.

What he said!
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:55 pm

Quintilius wrote:

Yes, I'm off godamnit!

/jk

Wink
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Leaf

Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:57 pm

Vypra wrote:
Not really. Vypra has simply, in many peoples' minds, become synonymous with RP.
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:57 pm

Ok, to elaborate my point from before. Would be silly meaning you now is it?

Second, I ment that while your point is valid being good examples, many times its literally served. We dont need to be fucking friendly, we have to encourage folks to promote their own RP. We should support them where we can, but not just make parts of the community feel we are here some sort of administration/bureucracy which sorts out the paper work.

Damn.

Edit: @Leaf, Vypra has contributed quiet a lot, just as many others, the comment wasn't aimed at her but rather in a context to folks who dont contribute at all but expect something.
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 6:03 pm

Quintilius wrote:

I think all the drama queens already left the building. Could be wrong though.
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 6:04 pm

I'm sure they're lurking around here somewhere, or have their spies.. *peers around*

I KNOW YOU'RE WATCHING!
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:01 pm

I am curious though.

Who are these people who demand that you guys serve them RP or act as administrators in some sort of beurocracy?

Seriously, who are they? I can't say I've met many of them. I mean, there are whining ove rlack of RP, but have anyone actually said; "Hey you, make me some RP and serve it to me"?

And why do RP'ers need encouragement to promote their RP? Can't they figure out shit for themselves?

The whole thing just sounds to me like most RP'ers don't know what's best for them and they need gentle nudges from enlightened souls so they can be a proper part of the ideal Scarshield we all envision.

This forum works just as intended. A place for RP'ers to meet and discuss stuff, RP related or not, serious or not, and the lack of activity should not be blamed on anyone here, but rather on the general decline in activity across the board when it comes to wow. It's an old game in decline and it's just a natural development. Fight it too much and you'll forget about enjoying the last moments of it while you still can.
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:18 pm

I am not expecting that you know any Quint, fairly because you haven't been active yourself (not that I could say other for me for the past weeks)

As to the fact if they need encouragement, yes they need, not everyone is familiar with the situation, the community or the realm. Getting thumbs up on a good idea is probably the best way to keep someone working on it for his own amusement and this of others.

The ideal Scarshield, how blunt does this just sound. What is best for them is known when someone throws suggestions into the community and other players help thru arguments like a hammer, a good anvil and the heat of a forge (I dont mean flaming, rather a methaphor) to create something which is suiting the majorities liking.

As to the forum working as intented, it doesn't, and blaming this section or 'drama queens' is not the reason why. I wouldn't point fingers neither throw accusations at others without looking at myself first, taking in consideration I've been mod here since the early days of the board. This said I feel and believe its to a larger extend my own fault that things doesn't seem to work as they should, but I rather have this matter taken up to see who agrees with me or not, if people want a change or not, for if its only me I will have to bend to the communities voice.
Back to top Go down
torgadon

torgadon

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:28 pm

two things.

Funky avatar shadowtroll Very Happy:D:D
Also, Im not from the bogside you sterotype xD familar with it though? Got a friend from there methinks.
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:46 pm

The "How to encourage RP" and "Stop demanding others to create RP for you" discussion is an ancient discussion that has been around as far as I can remember, so my absence of the game of late does not strike me as relevant, unless things are now fundementally different than they were. The only difference I can imagine is the Decline due to Aging. I have been active on all levels of RP on Scarshield Legion, from helping drive one of the biggest and longest events on this server, to doing nothing but satisfying my own RP cravings through comical one man RP. Without trolling this time, I think I do indeed know very well what I talk about when I chip in my opinions in matters.

And the impact and sucess of this forum are not on the shoulders of the moderators, apart from creating the site in the first place and offering a brilliant and much needed tool for the community - of which there are ample credit worth giving. However, the prolonged sucess of the forum is a product of everyone who uses the forum and thus I see no need for you to pick up any crown of thorns and claim to have a larger part of blame in its decline.

Moderators are there to keep things in line within the boundaries of forum rules, not to be guiding lights of RP for the realm. Not saying there are no sources of Light to look to in dark Roleplaying Times, but that comes outside the role of moderator, and in that regard I do not see much evidence of illuminesence around your shadowy being, mr. Troll.

And in the sense of getting thumbs up at ideas suggested, yes ofcourse that is allways a good thing, if people are looking for feedback. But you can't go forcing people to chronicle everything they do in RP, just to keep the conversation going on a forum. I am pretty certain that when people want feedback on something they know where and how to get it.

And to reply to an argument given earlier in this post; if you think that what is written now and then in the random carp section can be a deterrent to new players than you have little faith in what is written on the rest of the forum. If a new player takes in the forum as a whole, but decides against the realm based on rants given on a section meant for it, either because it's not seriousface enough or too trollish in nature, and judge us based on that despite what the rest of the forum offers, then well, that new player can just fuck right off cause he seems no fun anyways.
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:52 pm

I think it's fair statement to make that SSL is pretty quiet atm. If you check the realm forum or here, to someone checking out this realm you would have the impression that not much RP happens here.

Networking is the lifeblood of any kind of social or business community. As shadow pointed out just a few lines here or on the realm forum can be enough to peak interest, maybe give someone chance to interact with your character guild. I personally spend little time ingame but I do like to hear about the stuff going on, that does motive me to try and get involved.

After all, if everyone is doing something in isolation whats the point? If it's just a few of you RPing amongst yourself you might as well just roll pen&paper RPG.

I can understand both sides to the coin. But I also think that if you don't say anything about what you are doing, no-one will ever know about it and a chance for interaction will be lost. And isn't that what the game is all about?
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:05 pm

Which is all fine and dandy, but it ain't nothing to go raging over and especially not venting the anger out on "improper" use of the forum, methinks.

Those who still play the game, and especially those who still are active in the roleplay community, are those who are especially Interested, and my guess is that while new blood is all nice and cute, it's no requirement. People are happy roleplaying along with those they know and while everyone quietly longs for the Golden Days when the game was fresh and crisp, there just won't be as much Eagerness around to get Big Shit to happen.

Next chance for some Excitement Out Of The Ordinary will be when cataclysm hits, and it ain't being a pessimsist, only a realist. But I guess the reason why I never understood the striving for Big Shit to happen was that I allways found the small scale, more in-depth RP so much more enjoyable than the big noisy, ego trippin', everyone wants to be heard so we all talk at once events.

If you're good then all you need is one other person to have the most exciting RP ever to happen, and sometimes all you need is just a NPC. Razz
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:30 pm

Just saying... everything seems to be dying out lately, or at least taking a small hiatus. Even the almighty facebook. At least as far as I can tell, but maybe that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:07 pm

Things are never what they used to be ... Smile

WoW has been great at bringing people together into an online community(ies), in a way other game worlds were unable to do (in such numbers). It's a bit old now, but I for one have enjoyed my time there and all the new people whom I've met. I don't want to lose all that contact: this Random Carp section is actually quite important for that social contact, I think, more than the game (for me).
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:20 pm

Can I come to London and pretend that you are my daddy, Oppy?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gone bloody quiet   Gone bloody quiet - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gone bloody quiet
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next