We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!

Go down 
+21
Chassandra
Artein
Archnazg
Avior
Hinun
Leaf
Rifki
Katalmach
Emanee
Huyana
Alaster Grymm
Lyranne
torgadon
Crowley
Opathu
Snicka
Siheld
Vypra
Vexacus
Shadowtroll
Quintilius
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage

The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 4:14 pm

i gave a list of new topics to talk about, on page 18
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 4:16 pm

This thread is Quint's. It was created without a specific topic, therefore, it can't go off-topic.

And this is random carp, if trolling and spamming have any place, it's here.

Unless i see evidence of people being victimised (which, i'm absolutely sure won't be happening...), i don't expect to need to do any moderation in this thread.

Still, things do seem to have sunk to the level of schoolyard style bickering over pointless details.

/shrug
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 4:17 pm

Vypra wrote:

Still, things do seem to have sunk to the level of schoolyard style bickering over pointless details.

/shrug

but Vyp's we love schoolyard bickering.. its the scareshield legion way
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 4:20 pm

hence the /shrug

knock yourselves out
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Leaf

Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 6:57 pm

Why Sylvanas doesn't look like a regular (read: playable) Forsaken/undead? Because of her unique way of being undead, now calling herself Forsaken.

Captured by Arthas himself, tortured, molested, and finally killed - she was then controlled as a Banshee to serve Arthas. She later reclaimed her old, preserved and locked in, body as soon as the grasp of her and the other Banshees was weak enough. Is it really that hard to imagine that she would look a tad different than humans (and probably other humaniods, albeit a lot fewer than aforementioned) that were just killed and risen as mindless undead.

It can't be compared to other faction leaders, since they're just... one of their own race.
Back to top Go down
Crowley

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:12 pm

Leaf wrote:
Why Sylvanas doesn't look like a regular (read: playable) Forsaken/undead? Because of her unique way of being undead, now calling herself Forsaken.

Captured by Arthas himself, tortured, molested, and finally killed - she was then controlled as a Banshee to serve Arthas.

Much as the fanfic writers would like that, I think he pretty much just captured her then skipped to the banshe bit. Wink

Why does Sylvanas look different? Well, she is different - she's an undead elf. Note that the other Dark Rangers have a similar appearance to her, so she's not all that unique and separated from the rest of her kind. Also bear in mind that there'd be far more diversity among the appearence of undead than this game actually allows - a Forsaken could look like anything between a regular person and a skeleton barely holding together, so there'd be as much difference between the average cadavers on the street as there is between them and Sylvanas now.

...short answer? Because it's hot.
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:25 pm

Right, maybe not molested, but she was tortured - pretty sure that's part of how one is turned into a Banshee, a real painful and brutal (and sometimes, humiliating) death. :P

Edit: Though... recent information goes with the version you're talking about. Maybe to keep it more PG, or they just changed their mind / never made up their mind.
Back to top Go down
Crowley

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:33 pm

IIRC, in the cinematic where she was raised as a banshe she was just stabbed and then Arthas used some purple-coloured magic lightning on her to turn her into undead.

Admittedly purple lightning can do anything for the Scourge, so it could well have been agonising or the Molest-o-Beam 3000.
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:47 pm

Leaf wrote:
Captured by Arthas himself, tortured, molested, and finally killed - she was then controlled as a Banshee to serve Arthas. She later reclaimed her old, preserved and locked in, body as soon as the grasp of her and the other Banshees was weak enough. Is it really that hard to imagine that she would look a tad different than humans (and probably other humaniods, albeit a lot fewer than aforementioned) that were just killed and risen as mindless undead.

Now.. I was wondering, HOW did she got her body back?
Back to top Go down
Crowley

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:52 pm

Siheld wrote:
Leaf wrote:

Now.. I was wondering, HOW did she got her body back?

Offscreen, so they didn't have to explain it. Seriously, even in the Rise Of The Lich King novel she just exits stage left then comes back a few chapters later saying, "Yo, got my body back!". The whole 'banshee' thing was singularly pointless, since she spent one WC3 mission as a banshee and since then she's just been an undead elf.
Back to top Go down
torgadon

torgadon

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 8:53 pm

( i was joking when i asked why was she a women)
Also, wow, i have came to a conclusion, mention one thing, and it is followed by at least 5 posts worth of stuff :0
Back to top Go down
Crowley

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 10:38 pm

torgadon wrote:

Also, wow, i have came to a conclusion, mention one thing, and it is followed by at least 5 posts worth of stuff :0

You're still getting the hang of how this thread rolls, aren't you? Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 11:55 pm

As I understand it, the basics of how a banshee is created is that their soul is pulled from their body while they are still alive but at the point of death, thus making it impossible for them to return to their body and remain alive.
In WC3, Arthas strikes a mortal blow and then sucks out her soul with Frostmourne and thus surns her into a Banshee.
Basics of how a Banshee works is that they can possess any physical body and control it (see some of the quests in WC3FT where you can get control of ogre lords) and so this means that Sylvanas can find her own dead body and take control of it. However, because it's a dead body I think there are certain downsides to this sort of possession. I can't remember what they are, but I think it may have had something to do with the body remaining in good repair.
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 1:14 am

I love Vypra.
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 10:36 am

Phil, you take this shit way too serious Wink As Quint would say: IT'S ALL FUCKING MADE UP. (And - imo - ripped off from reams of fantasy genre)

I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 11:50 am

I bet Sylvanas was raped though.
Back to top Go down
torgadon

torgadon

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 12:33 pm

Quintilius wrote:
I bet Sylvanas was raped though.
you bet or wish?
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 1:14 pm

Don't Marius, don't Wink

Next thing they'll be comparing member sizes from different races and disputing that she was, in fact (according to me™) gang raped by marauding field mice whilst out in the woods a-la Little Red Riding Hood. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 4:44 pm

If anything Sylvanas wasn't raised as a normal Banshee, seeing as she was the first High Elf that was turned into a Banshee. As it's said in the Horde Player's Guide, Banshees was first something only the Night Elven females saw as fate after being murdered in a most brutal way. I'd guess something about their spirit being so disturbed by it that it's too confused to do either this or that, i.e. being stuck in the astral world. Arthas found a way to turn High Elves into Banshees as well, so that would imply that it's not as "natural" as with Night Elves (kaldorei). Yeah, that's my view on it anyway.

Like Gurf said, it's one of the Banshees' skills to possess a body (alive or dead - unless Sylvanas was an exception to that "rule", making it only alive).

Nick ya git, don't you dare tell lore nerds to shush when discussing lore. D':

PS. It would really become more interesting if Sylvanas indeed was molested, sodomized and all of that juicy stuff. Would explain why she's so butthurt all the time, hurr.
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 7:19 pm

Leaf wrote:

PS. It would really become more interesting if Sylvanas indeed was molested, sodomized and all of that juicy stuff. Would explain why she's so butthurt all the time, hurr.

*High fives*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 2:30 am

Opathu wrote:
Don't Marius, don't Wink

Next thing they'll be comparing member sizes from different races and disputing that she was, in fact (according to me™) gang raped by marauding field mice whilst out in the woods a-la Little Red Riding Hood. What a Face

My guess is that it was Quint that raped her on orders from Arthas and it was then that Quint discovered that it is really Mr Sylvanas!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 3:32 am

Brits and their weird sense of humor.. Razz
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 1:53 pm

Yeah... I mean, Arhtas would obviously have done it himself. He seems to be into anal.

I'd like to address a point that was brought up in the first post. Which is, taking things that happen In Character personally, as if it was done against you Out Of Character. I've only experienced it big time once, but that was enough for me to vomit over the idea of it ever happening again. Just don't do it! Talk to my character if you have a problem with her/his behavior - don't be a moron and piss me off by trying to tell me to change my character or, which is way worse, trying to tell me that I'm the bad apple because of what my character says or does. Blargh!!
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 2:47 pm

What is amusing is that folks can swing from one way:

"I R sun of DEEmun!11"

To ultra-complex backstories where the character is so handicapped by their mundaneity (or identity issues) that it's a wonder they get out of bed in the morning ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 2:50 pm

Opathu wrote:
What is amusing is that folks can swing from one way:

"I R sun of DEEmun!11"

To ultra-complex backstories where the character is so handicapped by their mundaneity (or identity issues) that it's a wonder they get out of bed in the morning ...

Special snowflake syndrome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!
Page 12 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next