We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Epilogue

Go down 
+18
Chassandra
kongore
Kadris
Aceth
Feronius
munechi
Shadowtroll
Artein
Sahina
Vexacus
Avior
Siheld
torgadon
Vypra
Opathu
Manovan Marrowsteel
Quintilius
Tyragon Shademourn
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

The Epilogue - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 7:43 pm

I'm going to do an interview with "S".
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:57 pm

cool Smile
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Manovan Marrowsteel

Manovan Marrowsteel

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 12:06 am

Dascombe, you're the leader of the Scarlet guild right? Could I join you if I were to make a human character? You seem to have so much fun.

Edit: Am gonna try to get some orc grunt fun now instead. I still have a human paladin I want to join with though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.responscirkeln.nu
torgadon

torgadon

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 2:03 pm

can you et brown orcs...?
Back to top Go down
munechi

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 3:33 pm

torgadon wrote:
can you et brown orcs...?

You won't be able to get custom models for your char.
They would reset upon logout and need a GM or a custom item to activate.
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 3:40 pm

Bah, was planning to create a High Elf or Draenor Orc.. but now my computer tripped...
To bad, you can't logg out whilst in brown skins or so.
Back to top Go down
Feronius

Feronius

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 4:15 pm

Can't be bothered to read all of this, but trying out Epilogue atm.
It's good fun, better RP than I've had in WoW for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 4:46 pm

Feronius wrote:
Can't be bothered to read all of this, but trying out Epilogue atm.
It's good fun, better RP than I've had in WoW for a long time.

tl;dr Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 5:31 pm

I have changed my mind. Epilogue is awesome.

Did you know that if you are seen doing shadow magic or summoning a demon you will be detained and prosecuted?

Oh, and we were a gang of forsakens who placed an order on ten ghouls for experiments and the guild "Steamworks Industries" came with a bloody zeppelin and docked to our tower in Hillsbrad and delivered it.

I have spent more time studying the realm policies and rules and holy shit.. the amount of work gone into it is just staggering. I'm giving this my thumbs up again.
Back to top Go down
munechi

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 12:56 pm

Epilogue will now even get its own patch :O

and Pilus is now an Epilogue dev Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aceth

Aceth

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 5:32 pm

Yeah, rather win. I've been on epilogue since the start kekek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 6:10 pm

After all the fun in Quint's thread, just wondering if it's possible for the devs in Epilogue to change the talents of Forsaken priests or at least rename their spells so that they are no longer Light-oriented?
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 6:20 pm

To add my own experience Epilogue is a project worth to respect and recommend yet has many common flaws and more which we see on retail servers.

1. Its buggy like every Private server

2. It has ERP (in the bad meaning)

3. It has people (and GM's) who come close folks we usually meet in Goldshire according to their character story's.

4. Low population.

Good sites are:

1. It has enforced RP policy.

2. It has actual lore developement which doesn't take years.

3. And so on, I think all good about it has been said.

I recommend everyone to test it out for themselfs and decide, I personally realised its nothing for me.
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 7:31 pm

Yes, it is buggy, however it's an ongoing process to smooth the bugs out and I think the dev team has a real chance of making it virtually bug free with time. Remember, it's still in beta phase.

-ALL- servers have ERP. And I can promise you SSL has ten times more ERP than what Epilogue has. ERP in public is not allowed on epilogue either.

Yes, there are people with less than ideal background stories, but again the majority of rp'ers I've met lately has been real good rp'ers. All in all the quality of RP that you're likely to find will easily surpass the quality of RP you are likley to stumble over on SSL.

Yes, there's a low population, but you'll find more RP'ers on Epilogue than on SSL Wink

And, I'm a gamemaster there. *grins*
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 7:43 pm

Right, I'm coming in now to ERP gang bang a bunch of field mice. You'd better be on shift, Quint.
Back to top Go down
Kadris

Kadris

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 10:00 pm

I've had a pretty disappointing experience on this server. I rolled a dk, appeared in Orgrimmar and death gated to Acherus and fell through to Death's Breach.

I understood that the server's glitchy, but the whole bug reporting/ticketing system is confusing to new players. You get a bug report tool in your inv... and there seems to be the standard ticketing system. Having used the bug tool AND the ticketing system i didn't know if either were working properly.

I was unable to find any lore or anything about dks on the forum.

So I spoke to Marius. He pointed me in the direction of the OOC channel. I recognised many from the LFRP channels on there. My questions went unnoticed... ignored until I got annoyed.

Then, as usual, when I posted something iin my irritation, I was finally noticed. And the usual snotty remarks ensued.

Even the GM who was in the channel just said 'Make a ticket'... not 'Oh, have you made a ticket?' Cheers, nice.

As far as I'm concerned the bad elements from ssl have moved to this server and personally, I can't be arsed with it.
Apparently, it's my loss.

Charming.

There may not be ooctards there, but it's the least welcoming environment - in my opinion - you could run into.

SSL may be 'dead', but from this experience I'm feeling it's the better part of it that's remained behind.
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 11:12 pm

*Shrug*

Don't expect much help when you rant like a five year old who just broke her doll and don't get help the second you scream for it.

The ticket system is not confusing, it's identical to the one in normal wow.

I have never recieved any snotty remarks when asking about stuff, and I have been asking -ALOT-

I guess it's just the way you ask...

I offered logging on myself to fix your incredibly small problem, but you chose to rant like some child instead.

Yes, it's entirely your loss.

Grow up.
Back to top Go down
Kadris

Kadris

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 11:46 pm

Quintilius wrote:
*Shrug*

Don't expect much help when you rant like a five year old who just broke her doll and don't get help the second you scream for it.

The ticket system is not confusing, it's identical to the one in normal wow.

I have never recieved any snotty remarks when asking about stuff, and I have been asking -ALOT-

I guess it's just the way you ask...

I offered logging on myself to fix your incredibly small problem, but you chose to rant like some child instead.

Yes, it's entirely your loss.

Grow up.

I'm sorry, do you feel I threatened you somewhere? Did I say 'Marius is a wanker', somewhere in my rant?

Hm. Well, thanks for your input. Your points are taken onboard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 11:52 pm

Well reading this at first glance...You had a problem that was not being solved post haste, you ranted at people in the OOC channel, you got a basic make a ticket reply even though you had a ticket (fair enough)

But then Marius offers to help and you rant at him as well? If that is the case then I agree with him. You need to learn patience and to stop being over emotional (I have seen you do it before on LFRP during the whole dark lady thing)
Back to top Go down
Kadris

Kadris

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 12:07 am

Liontooth wrote:
Well reading this at first glance...You had a problem that was not being solved post haste, you ranted at people in the OOC channel, you got a basic make a ticket reply even though you had a ticket (fair enough)

But then Marius offers to help and you rant at him as well? If that is the case then I agree with him. You need to learn patience and to stop being over emotional (I have seen you do it before on LFRP during the whole dark lady thing)

Hm. A nice example of understanding here for someone who wasn't there. You've taken Quin's word on the whole thing. He's obviously more believable. Forget both sides of the story 'at first glance'.

Quin, I bow to your greater popularity.

You want to bring up the TDL thing as an example of my normal behaviour... because that's obviously normal behaviour for me after months and months of in-game harassment. Really. Yup, that's me in a nutshell. I'm as irrational as fuck and act like a 5-year old whenever I don't get my way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 12:17 am

Actually you went balisitic and threatened quitting the game for them calling you a pig and the GMs telling you to ignore them...Rather than just ignoring them. The fact that you are now calling Quint more popular and acting like the poor victim because someone else is giving his view kinda proves what Quint said in his post 100%.

Grow up
Back to top Go down
Kadris

Kadris

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 11:05 am

Look mate, my gripe here is that the 'grown ups' are apparently far too busy with their ever-so-important conversations to take a second of their time to actually be a bit helpful.

That's what pisses me off.

The fact that not ONE of them had any inclination of responding to me until I got snappish is enough. The fact that suddenly they all had something sarcastic to say after I got snappish tells a lot.

I haven't actually called Marius ANYTHING. I'm narked with him for that childish 'Your loss then' comment. It was unnecessary and comes across as incredibly arrogant and irritating.

I'll 'grow up' if he will.
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 11:09 am

Ok, I interviewed the boss of Epilogue for a forthcoming BBC story about private servers. I think I might come online and visit it, see for myself what all this arguing is about.

Kadris, Lion and others -- any objection if I quote all of you into my story? (better watch what you say now!)
Back to top Go down
kongore

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 12:20 pm

In my experience this Marius/Kadris thing is a typical example on how this community works. Those who could be of some practical use tend not to be bothered enough to help anyone in need of any assistance/advice, the majority of the others are quick to jump to conclusions whenever anything begins to heat up, resorting to flaming to feed their e-peen.

Typical example-

Person A is annoyed by something
Person B being one of the only ones who could help chooses not to
Person C tries to make themselves look smart by referring to something they know nothing about, stirring up an argument for no reason whatsoever
Person D-W feed the fire, name calling, QQ'ing
Person X-Y keep quiet, not wanting to get involved
Person Z facepalms and quietly leaves the channel

I really do not want to add to this, but it has to be done-

Lion, you have no idea what transpired in those months of The Dark Lol era, I on the other hand was pretty much on the front line of their various harassment techniques, not nearly as much as Kadris here. What she was put through for that length of time was unjust, many people would have called in the towel if they were put through nearly as much, yet she still remains. During those times there were only a handful of people that tried to help, the rest either just stayed quiet or mocked those in the line of fire, kicking them when they were down. From your post its pretty obvious which one you were.

Now back to topic-

A Private RP server definately looks interesting, I would seriously consider joining it if I didn't have so many ties to SSL (though after what I posted I'm partly shamed to admit that).
Back to top Go down
Chassandra

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 1:52 pm

Z
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Epilogue
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We Are Legion :: Meet & Greet :: Random Carp-
Jump to: