We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Epilogue

Go down 
+18
Chassandra
kongore
Kadris
Aceth
Feronius
munechi
Shadowtroll
Artein
Sahina
Vexacus
Avior
Siheld
torgadon
Vypra
Opathu
Manovan Marrowsteel
Quintilius
Tyragon Shademourn
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

The Epilogue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 10:52 pm

Ok, first off, this is really tempting. I may well go ahead with trying it out anyway, but I'm wondering a few things:

Is it free?

I know it's already been asked, but does anyone know what happens with the professions? Do you have to grind them to the max or can you use them wherever and simply have them as an RP tool?

With the mobs all being 74(?) does that mean that there are no opportunities for groups doing instances? Thinking purely from the point of view that they could be a part of an event (that said, I guess you could create any setting that a dungeon could give you). And are all the dungeon mobs moved up or down to the same level?

With everyone being the same level, does that mean we all start at lvl 80?

What will happen as new WoW expansions come out? And what about the new races, will they be made playable or is it possible to make it happen already without the expansion? And how about currently inaccessible areas of the map?

What's the legality of it? Could we get legally prosecuted for playing?

With the comment that Redridge is currently under Blackrock control, does this mean that we could, if we wanted, re-enact the First War and slowly have Orcs running Azeroth (with Stormwind being in ruins) before a comeback is fought?

And as a slight supplemental to the previous question, are we limited to just Horde and Alliance factions? Could we make an Orc and be a part of the Blackrock Clan, for example?

I think that's all my questions for now. I'll take a proper look for myself tomorrow I think (assuming my nose stops bleeding and doesn't keep blocking up!) but any answers would be very useful in informing me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 11:16 pm

Oh yeah, 1 final question, is it possible to have more than 1 character and if so, can they be on opposing factions?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 11:56 pm

Private servers are only illegal to those that create it, not to those that play it.
Back to top Go down
Sahina

Sahina

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 12:01 am

I like the sound of this too. If you go to their site you can have most of your questions answered Gurf. I myself might wait a bit for the bugs to be ironed out before jumping in. Think the beta has only been up for a few days now.
Back to top Go down
Manovan Marrowsteel

Manovan Marrowsteel

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 12:04 am

"Is it free?"

Yes.

"I know it's already been asked, but does anyone know what happens with the professions? Do you have to grind them to the max or can you use them wherever and simply have them as an RP tool?"

As far as I know, you start the profession at 1. It might be possible to ask a GM to raise your profession skill though. A GM raised a reputation for me so that I could use a specific item.

"With the mobs all being 74(?) does that mean that there are no opportunities for groups doing instances? Thinking purely from the point of view that they could be a part of an event (that said, I guess you could create any setting that a dungeon could give you). And are all the dungeon mobs moved up or down to the same level?"

Instances are still there, though changes has happened in the world. I noticed that RFC is barricaded and there are orc guards outside.

"With everyone being the same level, does that mean we all start at lvl 80?"

You start at level 80 with all your spells and talent points. The only problem I found for choosing a hunter was that I couldn't put skills on my pet's action bar and it didn't have a talent tree, so more or less useless. I die on normal mobs because of this.

"What will happen as new WoW expansions come out? And what about the new races, will they be made playable or is it possible to make it happen already without the expansion? And how about currently inaccessible areas of the map?"

I assume they will update it with the content. At least I hope so. They have also created new areas on the map, and some only reachable by those of the Explorer sub-class.

"What's the legality of it? Could we get legally prosecuted for playing?"

No, I dunno how it is for the GM:s though.

"With the comment that Redridge is currently under Blackrock control, does this mean that we could, if we wanted, re-enact the First War and slowly have Orcs running Azeroth (with Stormwind being in ruins) before a comeback is fought?"

I don't think they will go back in time ICly to reenact those wars. However, you can change the environment and the lore yourself depending on your action.

"And as a slight supplemental to the previous question, are we limited to just Horde and Alliance factions? Could we make an Orc and be a part of the Blackrock Clan, for example?"

Yes, you can role-play as a Blackrock orc, form a guild around it and use one of those zones as a base of operation, with custom structures and NPC:s in your name. As long as the GM supports it. There is a Syndicate guild in-game who has Alterac Mountains. The Scarlet guild use Tyr's Hand, I believe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.responscirkeln.nu

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 4:17 am

Cheers Manovan, just a couple of follow ups. Do the faction guilds become like the NPCs, either friendly, neutral or unfriendly? Also, with the updates, is the process just the same as in normal WoW?
Back to top Go down
torgadon

torgadon

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 8:38 am

If i remember right, private servers are only ever illegal if the owners are making any money out of it. Though i think they get around that by donations and whatsnots.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 11:04 am

Vypra wrote:
First thing you need to remember is that this is still open beta. There's still lots of bugs and stuff that's not active yet ( eg, when i logged on, the mail boxes were down while they tested something) and i had to disable all my addons because they were causing some problems but the team seem very helpful and are keen to have our feedback...oh, and if you join /ooc, -everybody- is in there; Horde and Alliance and you'll soon start to find old freinds among them Smile

On the addons, is there a need for them in this new set up? If so, which ones?
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 11:37 am

i had to turn of GHI becuse it spam whispered ppl for buff requests when i targetted them.

Titan seems to work ok though and the flag type addons (flag rsp, immersion etc) seem to be ok and may be the only real requirement. I saw that if you are flagged OOC and start talking IC, you get a prompt to ask if you want to change your setting.
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Tyragon Shademourn

Tyragon Shademourn

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 12:20 pm

Even though Manovan have answered most I can fill in abit with some extra.

All professionals and weapon skills you need to buy is started at 1, but you can easily ask a GM to raise them to 400 since it really doesn't effect that much (since you still wont be able to create superior/epic gear if you haven't upgraded your character). I did it myself with weapon skills last night and Tipsy raised them all to max.

Instances.. well GM's say they rather have you RP outdoor and use their events. But if you really want something in an instance I am sure GM's can help you to make the dungeon awesome. And the GM's can create their own from time to time I have heard for events.

I am pretty sure it will get updated as retail WoW progresses. How it will effect all the custom things in the world I aint sure. But you will have to download to patches from retail WoW or download them manually from like wowwiki, I read a thread about it and I aint sure. We will see when 3.3.0 is released.

Copy, pasted quote from FAQ: "The risks of a private server: Blizzard does not want people playing a game that they have made for free and even less so run a server that hosts the game. But there are many bigger fish in the sea than us. Servers that have thousands of active users manage to stay alive even tough it is so easy to find them with a simple Google search. Epilogue is not like that, we are not even offering the full WOW experience (the grind part.) The number of players on our server will be much lower than other private servers so we hope the risks of us getting shut down are smaller.
As a user you will be perfectly safe."

Another about : "Being banned on retail WoW for playing on a private server: This is a myth. There is no legitimate report of a ban concerning private servers. It is more or less technically impossible. I’ve heard some arguments of warden being able to check what realmlist you connect to. If it differs from the original, it will check your WTF folder and ban the characters. That is totally false information; just imagine then if you connect to a private server from an Internet café. Do they ban all the characters that ever has logged in from that computer?"

I didn't say Redridge in that realm was taken, just merely an example of how it could be. But EVERYTHING is possible, from Alliance taking over Orgrimmar to Horde taking over Stormwind, or someone making a Defias Guild and helps Edwin VanCleef to destroy Stormwind. Anything. As long as you talk to a GM before starting it.

And yes, you can be any faction. Like Scarlet Hand is friendly with all Scarlets and has taken over Scarlet Enclave while the Scourge armies got Acherus. I once went there and the area is awesome, with elite Scourges fight Scarlets and then Scarlets trying to take over Corin's Crossing in Eastern Plaguelands. So basing a Guild on another faction is possible. But if you want to make your completely own, then it takes alot of effort, responsibility, number of people and a good amount of guild influance(power). But it aint impossible. Has I said, your imagination is unlimited.

About addons. Theres one/few special addons on the forum to download to make items icons work properly and other things. Haven't checked it out myself. Otherwise I'd advice to skip all retail WoW addons. First of, theres a tiny chance you would have use or use them. Another is that some causes bugs from poping text and bugs in gameplay. Lastly, almost none uses them and it's all RP anyway. But it's up to you ofcourse.

I hope these answers might of helped and improved Manovan's answers. I just couldn't resist to answer them myself. ^^

Last edited by Tyragon Shademourn on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
torgadon

torgadon

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 12:24 pm

If i make one, it will be gurkhan or a scarlet, i just gotta do that downgrading thing, but it sounds complicated, can someone tell me how they did it in english, not jibberish xD
Back to top Go down
torgadon

torgadon

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 12:26 pm

((((btw completely off topic, but alota people are raeding here so may answer and it isnt worth making athread on, if there is any rp'ers from ireland, are you having any problems at about 10-11 onwards at night with bad latency,dc, or even permanet lost connection for osme hours? if so, please say Smile and i mean irelnad the country, dont care about north south shit)))
Back to top Go down
Tyragon Shademourn

Tyragon Shademourn

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 12:33 pm

Oh and I forgot a few other things.

The character limitness is 2 characters. You can't make more accounts because as soon as you've made one on their website(not forum), it registers it on your computer(IP something). You might think this sucks but it's to make the players focus on one or two characters instead of having tons of characters they never use or abuse. They might increase it to 3 though, not sure.

Also, whichever faction you choose; Horde or Alliance -- it wont matter -that- much, compared to retail WoW. Atleast when it comes to communicating and RP'ing. In this realm they have removed the barrier to not be able to understand eachother, join the same Guild, chat in the same channel and be in the same group. You can still attack eachother but you can that with anyone unless they are in your group/raid. Only problem is that you can't add them on your friendslist. I have also seen a Forsaken in a Guild with two Humans and walked around Stormwind without being attacked, and then an Orc escaping from Stormwind and being attacked. I don't know where the boundries for this goes.

But mostly all you need to care about is: what race do I want to RP? And perhaps even if you want to represent the faction or not.

Torgadon: I dunno what you mean with your first post. Razz
And second one, I think you can ask some on the realm. Make a thread on their forum. Theres nothing wrong asking such things there. Smile
Back to top Go down
torgadon

torgadon

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 12:38 pm

woah lol, described that very badly, anyway, dont they say you need to downgrade your patch or something atm, i forget to to, 3.2 i think, how did you do that? and do you delete all the cache folders found in your wow folder?
Back to top Go down
Manovan Marrowsteel

Manovan Marrowsteel

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 1:02 pm

I didn't need to downgrade anything. I just backuped my realmlist.wtf file and wrote a new one with the info provided from their website.
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 2:13 pm

So I joined a guild on Epilogue. One that I had heard would have good RP. This is one of the first reactions I get when RP'ing. It did not inspire much hope.

The Epilogue - Page 2 CantbegayinRP
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 3:03 pm

DUDE WTF R U GAY?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 3:06 pm

Remember what I said yesterday Quint?
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 3:53 pm

No, about what Lion?

And can somebody please tell me where I can find good RP on that damn server? I am losing faith here. All I come across is stupid generic "ogres killed my father and now I seek revenge" RP.
People telling me their entire lifestory even though I sure as hell didn't ask for it.
People leaping at eachothers throats over details and emotes long, stupid fights with incredibly illogical results and alot of "easily jumps away from the hit with professional grace of a lion blah blah blah"
People who think that the most interesting thing you can do in RP is to get drunk and do silly drunken things.
People who think that just because you drink wine you prefer cocks up your ass.
People who actually think this is a valid RP emote "/me turns and gives Trevalion a "O.o" face"

I mean what. the. fuck.

I realize that my impression might be an unlucky one and there still might be alot of good rp around, but can someone tell me where the hell I can find it? Cause so far it's been like wandering around in a realm sized Goldshire.
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 4:12 pm

So...let me be sure i got this right...

You emoted that your character knocked back a glass of wine in a manner that would give the impression he's having a good day...and that makes your character gay?

Shocked

I get a reading on the facepalm scale of over 9000 Picard's Razz
Back to top Go down
Manovan Marrowsteel

Manovan Marrowsteel

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 4:15 pm

Report that Ryan guy for being a douche. I have only RP:ed once on the realm yet and the only thing that annoyed me (except for the fact that a night elf priestess just came into Orgrimmar to join the event and then acted like she wouldn't logically get her head cut off) is the (( I R temporarily OOC here instead of using the party chat )) use and the elitist "THIS GAMEPLAY MECHANIC BREAKZ THE 4TH WALL!" crap in the forums.
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 4:20 pm

lol, if that guy had met Saleos...i bet his head would've exploded Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Manovan Marrowsteel

Manovan Marrowsteel

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 4:31 pm

Vypra wrote:
lol, if that guy had met Saleos...i bet his head would've exploded Twisted Evil
Read his "origin" in the latest chapter of the Chronicle. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 5:45 pm

Quintilius wrote:
No, about what Lion?

And can somebody please tell me where I can find good RP on that damn server? I am losing faith here. All I come across is stupid generic "ogres killed my father and now I seek revenge" RP.
People telling me their entire lifestory even though I sure as hell didn't ask for it.
People leaping at eachothers throats over details and emotes long, stupid fights with incredibly illogical results and alot of "easily jumps away from the hit with professional grace of a lion blah blah blah"
People who think that the most interesting thing you can do in RP is to get drunk and do silly drunken things.
People who think that just because you drink wine you prefer cocks up your ass.
People who actually think this is a valid RP emote "/me turns and gives Trevalion a "O.o" face"

I mean what. the. fuck.

I realize that my impression might be an unlucky one and there still might be alot of good rp around, but can someone tell me where the hell I can find it? Cause so far it's been like wandering around in a realm sized Goldshire.

About how private server RP never works due to everyones different idea of how it works? You will find that the servers are full of people that where laughed out of the pay to play realms, yet are convinced they are still right.
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 7:49 pm

PLayed some more and I am still not impressed. Stormwind seems like a big Goldshire to me.

One thing that was kinda cool though. I was bored up in Arathi and started chatting to this NPC guard... and suddenly he bloody well answered me... that kinda took me by surprise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Epilogue
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We Are Legion :: Meet & Greet :: Random Carp-
Jump to: