We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Epilogue

Go down 
+18
Chassandra
kongore
Kadris
Aceth
Feronius
munechi
Shadowtroll
Artein
Sahina
Vexacus
Avior
Siheld
torgadon
Vypra
Opathu
Manovan Marrowsteel
Quintilius
Tyragon Shademourn
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

The Epilogue - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 7:33 pm

Sounds truly awesome, tough I'm not fond of private servers :<
Back to top Go down
torgadon

torgadon

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 12:45 pm

I wander here every odd time for at least 10 or 20minutes when bored to look about, usually ona a rogue, kinda to watch rp, and if needs be get involved, if i have pro cons they are
pros=no ooc, obvious :p
help can be gotten fast
cool armour
and stuff

cons=non stop humans
more like 'epl'logue as all rp is in epl and wpl
horde rp doesnt seem existant
alota rp is guild confined so you cant join unless your part of the few maor guilds

Overall its good, but p. servers are meh, ok, when your bored and have nothing to do

*places flame resistant totem*
Back to top Go down
munechi

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 1:29 pm

torgadon wrote:
I wander here every odd time for at least 10 or 20minutes when bored to look about, usually ona a rogue, kinda to watch rp, and if needs be get involved, if i have pro cons they are
pros=no ooc, obvious :p
help can be gotten fast
cool armour
and stuff

cons=non stop humans
horde rp doesnt seem existant
alota rp is guild confined so you cant join unless your part of the few maor guilds

Overall its good, but p. servers are meh, ok, when your bored and have nothing to do

*places flame resistant totem*

Yeah it sucks that most of the RP is in Lordaeron and not much RP on horde side. But there is RP in Orgrimmar, Me and my guild RP there often in evenings. We killed a belf and exiled a warlock and an undead. And this evening at 18:00 we will attack some bug thingies if you wanna come you can go to Camp Taurajo when it starts.
The guild i'm talking about is Orgrimmars Warband btw.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 1:30 pm

torgadon wrote:
cons=non stop humans
horde rp doesn't seem existent
a lot of rp is guild confined so you cant join unless your part of the few major guilds

Tbh, that's kinda to be expected given the size of the server population. Though it certainly doesn't help when others want to start, for example, some Tauren RP and it's all happening in the north of the Eastern Kingdoms.

Still, it may also be impacted by the fact that as it's still a beta they may still be working on changes to the other areas like TB. That said, I don't know as I haven't logged on for a while.
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 2:23 pm

As an event game master it's my duty to fascilitate RP for the players and as a gm I can jump to whatever player I want and I jump around to see what's going on, and there's alot of Horde RP happening. Not as much as alliance, but that's just how it's allways been in wow RP. Horde rp is growing slowly, but surely.

It's not nessescary to join a guild to get RP, but it certainly helps as alot of the large scale RP is built around guild relations.

Indeed tauren RP seems very hard to start, just ask Lion, he would know hehe. Seems like most of the RP'ers enjoy RP'ing in human military hiarchy's for some reason.

You know how it is, the horde is fewer, but they do it better. Wink
Back to top Go down
torgadon

torgadon

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 2:27 pm

damn, I have made a dreanei paladin which i have around 20influence, hope to get him epic'd so i can make him look liek the one from tbc intro /drool, though, I don think there is any rp or guild to suit him, unless saying your a gm that you could point me to one or advise?
Back to top Go down
Aelhaiarn

Aelhaiarn

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 10:52 am

So, I went and tested Epilogue. Here’s my thoughts on it.

My first impression was quite positive. There was overall only few players around (like 1-3 in most regions), but all of them were roleplaying. Special roleplaying hot spots, such as Stromgarde Keep at Arathi Highlands gathered 5-10+ players together most times of evenings, and the avarage level of the RP done was pretty fine to my eye. The ability to build structures for guild use seemed to enhance the experience of building camps and forts, and actually having solid power bases for certain groups. All thumbs up this far.

However, pretty much everything was still broken in enviroment, ability and spell level. Many spells didn’t work at all, or got you jammed. Enviroment was full of bugs – people were falling through the landscape and so on. Server had constant restarts, people got world teleported to odd locations. Of the four promised subclasses only three were available, and they didn’t seem to work very well. (I did some tries with Bounty Hunter subclass and asked other players about their subclass experiences.) The server advertised itself with “say goodbye to endless grinding”, but guilds still needed to grind for their building materials, and all players were grinding for RP upgrade tokens with their daily gaming and by taking part to events, which, by the way, didn’t seem any better organized or planned than those common RP guild events I’ve seen on official servers. But remember it’s beta. Some of this stuff will probably be redesigned and fixed. In time. Maybe.

Of the project GMs I met, couple were actually friendly and helpful. The others were more concerned about building their own virtual egoes. At one point I met with this hostile GM, who informed me that I couldn’t be in the place I was, and told me to move. As I started to HS away, he informed me that HS wasn’t a suitable tool for RP’d characters. At this point I was little “wtf”, and asked for tips of what I should do. He kindly informed me that he could kill me right away, and that I was lucky he hadn’t done so just yet. He was in a good mood, you see. By casual glance I got the impression that GMs were numerous, at times ill-informed or as persons unsuitable for their job. They argued with each other and with their players. Some gave certain information, and others said it wasn’t true. Restrictions that weren’t clearly informed, were everywhere, and were sanctioned randomly and at whim.

Pretty much every permanent character death I saw, was arranged by GMs. It seeemed whim-based and unjust. After one brief event, where a strong group of spawned NPCs killed several player characters, a GM just announced: “The following characters are now permanently killed”, and listed the names of four or five players. In another similar event, players complained about their deaths, and got resurrected and the scene was played again, which doesn’t seem very fitting considering the other group. One of my own characters got killed by a GM in a similar way, the GM insisting with very unfriendly tone, that I had no other alternatives than to have my character killed. After it was slain IC, I was informed that I should now delete the character, which had a considerable amount of slowly gathered Influence on it.

I have plenty of other bad examples of GM behaviour, but I’m not going to full detail with them. Let’s just say that the two detailed examples above show pretty well how bad things can be with GMs of this server. At its best it’s tolerable and OK. At its worst, it’s not pretty. I saw more bad than tolerable behaviour, but perhaps its just me.

The level of GM-created events ranged from quite successful (such as Quint’s examples above) to simple waiting-fests, where single GM-created mob spawned once in fifteen minutes, and the partakers stood swords in hand, waiting and talking about the horrible menace they were up against. This could easily take couple hours. Then server might reboot, or world teleport everyone to Barrens, and they would run back to their original location where the event was taking place. I took part in a questline concerning certain supervillain called “Grimm”, who plagued the areas of former Lordaeron and Arathi and the human guilds there. It pretty much consisted of a Skeletor-like baddie, who’d show up at random, whisper evil stuff to people and spawn his minions around so that the local guilds would have something to hit at. While such events and the GM tools used to enhance them certainly bring WoW closer to real roleplaying, it will remain a highly GM dependant atmosphere, rather than collective storytelling among peers. Not all will appreciate this, especially if the available storylines keep to the level of “ha ha ha” saying evil warlocks and game masters who abuse their status for shit and giggles.

I came to the conclusion that it’s not for me. It’s beta, so in time the buggy enviroment problems might get better, but I doubt the server management level would improve very much. Unofficial communities tend to be this way. I don’t personally want to build a character and grind for ‘Influence tokens’ by weeks or months of gaming, just to get deleted or banned by a cranky teenager “GM” in his high of controlling a game world. While Blizzard is far from perfect, their servers are mostly stable, positively crowded, and their GMs are professionals who at least have a superior who they answer to. I gladly pay my monthly fee for such stable and sane gaming enviroment, while it may lack some of the freeform goodies a private server could offer.

While they’ve done a lot of work with Epilogue, it’s still a backyard project that doesn’t have professional developers, and one that can blow off any time, when some kid behind his computer gets bored. It sure offers some “l33t” new alternatives and interesting ideas, but I prefer my gaming enviroment little more steady and reliable.

You, of course, will make your own choices, and I recommend to check it out, if something in these examples did sound good to you. Too bad if someone sees this review as dissing rant. It’s the fact that I saw more negative than positive things during my brief stay at Epilogue.

I hope this info helps someone.
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 12:13 pm

Sadly, I cannot say anything else than Aiel is more or less spot on about the GM's. There's -alot- of unsuitable GM's on the server and it is starting to become a problem. I myself have tried my very best to not fall into the "high on power" thing. I've started to see a trend where it's a "Us vs them" attitude among the gm's and "our word is law" which, frankly I find rather irritating.

I have given the order of one perma-death of a character, and he wasn't pleased, but I was observing the whole incident and had no real plans to step in, but the whole thing turned silly. Alot of blatant Power RP and complete disregard for logic. Like being faced with 5 oponent players and fighting then im pvp, loosing badly and just jump right back in battle over and over again. And the whole thing took place in Org. And suddenly one of the oponent players emoted "Cuts [player]'s head off" and then it turned bad.

What I did was first give them a heads up OOC that they should avoid power RP and that they should keep in mind that all actions have a reaction and what you do in RP will have consequences. Then they started arguing among themselves wether or not the player was dead and I told them that it was an issue they should figure out themselves, however if they couldn't come to some sort of agreement they could ticket me and I'll help them in the matter. Since I was asked, I ended up deciding giving out a perma-death.

However, some people just love sitting about and suddenly dictating consequences of RP to whatever they like, and even though they have a pretty solid set of rules they can refer to, which are quite strict in regards of what is cool and what is not, they tend to go abit overboard with it sometimes and they adopt this attitude of "stfu player, follow my allmighty orders." Which is sad.

Alot of the gm's are trial gm's and one could hope that after the launch alot of these powerhungry teens willbe weeded out though.
Anyways, very good criticism of the realm Aiel and alas I mostly agree with it. When it comes to the bugs, I am not too bothered. I seldomly encounter a bug that has much consequence to me, but they can be mildly irritating. The mass summoning is not a bug, that's just gm's who are sloppy with their commands. Epilogue lost some of the real braniacs in the dev team so smoothing out bugs and subclasses etc. is going abit slower.

But launch is coming soon and I am hoping that will fix up alot of the problems! If not, well.. then I'll probably retire myself.. OR stay, trying to be the most suitable and mature GM evah! Razz
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 1:00 pm

Quintilius wrote:
.. OR stay, trying to be the most suitable and mature GM evah! Razz

I lolled. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kerdal

Kerdal

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 12:55 pm

Ok so I tried this server out a few weeks back to see what all the hype was about and at first I was really impressed with what could be done, the level of customisation is brilliant and the GM can pretty much create a quest line for you that I though was great. The next thing that impressed me was the use of NPC's and how the GM's could control them to speak etc so a task like buying a sword could be role-played out with haggling and trading which I also found really good.

So as many have mentioned about some of the GM's being a bit Power crazy I had the bad luck to experience this first hand, me and Shadowtroll created simple characters to test out the server before making anything with a big plot. We acted as peasants looking for work and easy cash and ended up joining a military based guild in the Arathi Highlands. Our first task was to head over to Arathi and meet the Captain at the base there which we rode all the way there (On our mounts the tram wasn’t working either) and were told to guard the base that was still in construction.

While we were there I received a whisper claiming somebody was watching me and was happy to involved in the plot so played along act scared etc, I was then teleported to the Barrens and told I had to take an 'Artifact' that our Captain had found in the Barrens otherwise I would die. So I was teleported back and had a feeling that the Tauren who had taken me was actually in control of the Captain as well which I later found out was true, she tricked me and gave me the wrong item and I had a second chance but had to solve a riddle first. I cant remember it off the top of my head but it was where death had ravaged the lands and after shouting out everyplace I could think of the Tauren that had gave me this task (The GM) teleported myself and the others involved on top of a mountain and told us that the 'Artifact' was actually a child who had more strength than the Lich King.

I don't think I need to carry on the story as you would only need to pop down to your local Goldshire to see it yourself but I was really disappointed by this when the server has so much potential.
Back to top Go down
Feronius

Feronius

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 1:33 pm

It's in open beta for a reason. Wink

Seriously, at least half of the stuff stated here is complete bullshjt. Have you guys even logged in for longer than 5 minutes?
The last time I heard about two nightelves that were lesbian (ERP, not even cybor or near Goldshire) they got kicked. As they do not want to promote that kind of RP. A lot of bugs and so, no really?, it's new and in the betastage for a reason.. also some spells (like bubble) are disabled on purpose. Ofcourse they have less population than retail, ofcourse there are always unsuitable GM's (on their trail probably to), ofcourse there are server restarts.. and NO, I've not heard of a single(!) person who wanted to Roleplay around Goldshire, then again.. I haven't visited so not sure.

Who even cares about the names of talents in relationship to RP, really.. you guys should RP more and whine a lot less.
..and that's coming from me, lol, can you imagine how bad this thread is? Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 5:15 pm

I don't think you can deny the server is majority human and most RP happens in Eastern Kingdoms though.
Back to top Go down
Kerdal

Kerdal

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 5:55 pm

Quote :
I don't think you can deny the server is majority human and most RP happens in Eastern Kingdoms though.

This was also the case when I made a few characters on the server, started with an Orc in all Pirate gear but eventually gave up and made a Human.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 6:00 pm

Feronius wrote:
Seriously, at least half of the stuff stated here is complete bullshjt. Have you guys even logged in for longer than 5 minutes?

Based on the fact that anything negative in this thread has been people's opinions, I don't see how any of it can be called bullshit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 6:53 pm

Gurfang wrote:
Feronius wrote:

Based on the fact that anything negative in this thread has been people's opinions, I don't see how any of it can be called bullshit.

It is his opinion that the opinions stated here are bullshit *nod nod*

No seriously...Opinions can be just as wrong and bullshit as general statements. Upon saying that there is some truths to the negativity.
Back to top Go down
Avior

Avior

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 6:27 am

Won't comment on RP as i haven't even tried it, but the bugs will never go away. Never ever. Believe me, i've had my experience with private servers.
Beta or not, there will be one tenth of things working properly at best.
Back to top Go down
Kerdal

Kerdal

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 1:53 pm

Like I said before I RPed on this server for a week and was pretty active to say the least but I think the GM issue needs to be addressed, this was not the only act of a GM abusing his powers I witnessed and was the only reason why I stopped playing.

I think that to avoid GM's getting accused to be abusing their powers and power role playing then if they want to involve a character in a plot they should at least tell them before hand and if the plot does not work out the way THEY wanted then accept this for what it is.

If its not scripted RP then there is no way to tell what could happen and so the end of the plot is up to the people the GM involves as much as himself.
Back to top Go down
munechi

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 2:54 pm

Remember it is still beta for the GM team too.
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 3:17 pm

with that in mind, i hope people are posting their feedback to the Epilogue forums too... Smile
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Pilus

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 1:22 am

Personally I have joined Epilogue a little month back. I have an RP alt there and I enjoy it a lot. I RP a cloth merchant and this time I keep out of the conflict RP. I must say that I have experienced some very realistic RP there so far. Some of it really surpriced me. I have had RP encounters in places where it would be realistic, but it would not happend normally, due to it being away from an RP hotspot. E.g. I walked to a tavern to log out semi IC at one night. Just for the sake of IC I knocked the door. before I entented to go inside and log off. To my surprice a tavernkeeper came out and opened the door and welcomed me in. In that way there is a lot of nice RP encounters.

I have recently engaged cooperation with the epilogue team to create an interface for some of their functions, trough an addon. So far we have been testing out some technical details and there seems to be a lot of options to create support for their gameplay ingame. It is quite interesting to be part of a commited team, as the one behind Epilogue.

Epilogue does have a large focus on conflict and war, but personally I like the more civilian sides. I am currently setteled in Stromgarde and I hope OOC to see the city rebuild IC and acieve the dream of an RP city.

I better add that I am still running the militia (and the cabal for that sake). The militia are going towards brighter times, with increasing numbers and dedicated officers. Overall I like the combo I have of being a Commander on SSL and being a cowardly peaceloving citizen on Epilogue.
Back to top Go down
munechi

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 2:44 pm

Pilus wrote:
I have recently engaged cooperation with the epilogue team to create an interface for some of their functions, trough an addon. So far we have been testing out some technical details and there seems to be a lot of options to create support for their gameplay ingame. It is quite interesting to be part of a commited team, as the one behind Epilogue.

Giev leaks plox!

also, in the last two days I had lots of RP on horde side, two GM events and exiling some belves (one week, but it still is fun).
The Orgrimmar Warband also got its own base now! (this is a secret recruitment message btw, please join us)
Back to top Go down
Aelhaiarn

Aelhaiarn

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 11:50 am

Yeah, Pilus, I know that being a known name to the dev team brings its privileges, but it also distorts your ability to see how the realm is for a casual new player. I created random characters myself and played without any extra goodies or recognition. And I must say that no NPC innkeepers responded to me, when I knocked, or spawned me my own special establishment with tents and merchandise props and so on, when I arrived as a new face to Stromgarde.

I roleplayed with you on couple occasions at Stromgarde, and must agree with you that good roleplaying can certainly be found from Epilogue. Then again, it can be found from official realms as well, and there I don't get whispers from "GMs" who threaten to kill me or ban my account, when I happen to walk to Darkshire wrong time of the day.

To me it seems like the kids' playground. To get your goodies, you must become the cool kid. This can be done with many ways, but personally I'm still not tempted.
Back to top Go down
munechi

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 4:47 pm

I also aren't a dev or GM but once the Innkeeper started to talk to me and it resulted into an event and I own my own base with some pretty cool stuff.

when I read your experiences I think you all just got bad luck or something :/
Or maybe I am just lucky?
Back to top Go down
munechi

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 11:17 pm

Epilogue shut down about 17 minutes ago Sad

There was a great ending event and there are some that will try to recreate the server tough.
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 11:43 pm

Oh... it's over then. It's a pity, beacause I actually wanted to try it out...
But I guess it will be recreated one day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Epilogue
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We Are Legion :: Meet & Greet :: Random Carp-
Jump to: