We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Epilogue

Go down 
+18
Chassandra
kongore
Kadris
Aceth
Feronius
munechi
Shadowtroll
Artein
Sahina
Vexacus
Avior
Siheld
torgadon
Vypra
Opathu
Manovan Marrowsteel
Quintilius
Tyragon Shademourn
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

The Epilogue - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 2:02 pm

Well, yesterday I just got pissed that you threw yet another, and yes I mean yet another, rant my way, and again, yes again, it was over a subject that didn't nessescarily mean life or death.

See it from the Gamemasters point of view.

They are more or less busy with working on issues with the server. If you read the forums and the epilogue page you can see just what insane amounts of work has gone into the epilogue project. They are not just making your average private server, they are changing core elements of the game. Hell, they have even made a client patch to change things on the client side!

And when they do all this, yes it is gonna be alot of bugs, but it's still in beta! It's not a professional project where the gamemasters are payed, no they do it on their free time. And there's so so so many people who yell in /ooc for gamemasters to just heed their every call.

"Create an event!"
"Gimme axe skill!"
"I wanna build a tent!"
"I want epic gear NOW!"

They see this ALL day and they repeat themselves ALL day. "Make a ticket!" I reffered you to the /ooc channel to ask if the death gate was bugged and perhaps you'd get an answer, but don't expect a GM to just appear out of nowehere the second you want it.

What annoyed me was that you went on ranting about things that just seems idiotic to rant over. They are not "arrogant" they are not "cocks", yes, it's buggy, but have you actually seen all the things they have achieved? And you complained that there was no lore on DK's, have you actually seen the amount of Lore that -is- there? IT's huge! The Official Lore of the server has just been released, and only one chapter so far, other than that you have to follow normal canon lore. If you had actually done some research on the forums you would've seen this. Also, I told you this very thing
You ranted about something infintely small, being completely blind to how much has actually been done for RP'ers on this server. The possibilities are incredible and SSL is -nothing- compared to what can be done on epilogue. I might sound like a fanboi now but after 3-4 years on SSL and to see what epilogue really is, well I am in awe.

You gave me this rant then suddenly logged off, or put me on ignore or whatever you did. I didn't intend to say anything about it until I saw you made a post here as well, then I just got too annoyed. You really did seem like a small girl who threw a hissyfit then ran off, slamming the door behind her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 2:06 pm

Oh Kongore get off your high horse you sad person.

I know full well what went on with the DL seeing as I actually was targetted by them as well...But with all annoyances they are gone and a bad memory.
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 2:24 pm

Suggest the thread returns to topic at hand, Epilogue.

I wont be trying it because it is too far from what I would want personally. I enjoy other aspects of the game other than just RP, I don't see the point in being given everything on a plate by asking.

My personal preference would be a server with the normal play mechanics but just with heavy RP enforcement / OOCer removal.
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 2:28 pm

I just wanna point out that "getting everything you want by asking" is not entirely accurate. You start out with lvl 80 and green level gear, everything else you want to do you have to put in effort to get.

But the server is not about pve though, getting shiny gear is far from the goal. You strive for IC goals, gain power, wealth, women..whatever.. But it takes work and there's a complex influence system behind it.

You should read this though, this put me in awe:

Epilogue Warfare
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 2:30 pm

I am trying it myself...

Pros: No OOCers
Level is automatically 80 and stats are made to T7 level no matter what gear you wear.
Guild building system (something I have been wishing retail would impliment)
Follows lore and even adds a bit of its own.
Cross faction communication

Cons: FFA pvp makes my right click finger itchy
Full to the brim of humans and orcs...then comes belfs...Then very few others.
Player death is possible.
Most RP happens in Eastern Kingdoms.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 2:43 pm

No offence Quint, but you are being a bit hypocritical here. Kad has had a bad experience in Epilogue and is moaning about it. I seem to remember that you did the same early on before giving it more time and finding that it was, in the end, something that was to your liking. Now, if Kad is happy to not give it any more time then that's her choice and she should be allowed to do so without being ridiculed and flamed for her opinion.
Personally, I had a very good experience from the mods when I expressed issues with the glitches there were. Whether that was because it was earlier in the server or because there were less people on at that time, who knows? However, none of that means that people won't have bad experiences, as you expressed early on, Quint. It also still needs to remembered that Epilogue is very much like RP in general, particular tastes will either like, dislike or somewhere in between.
Epilogue is not the be all and end all of RP, it is not the defining example of WoW RP and it certainly isn't something that everyone will like or appreciate. However it is a good attempt at trying to provide a home for disgruntled RPers who feel that Blizz have let them down and with time I am sure that it could become a shining light for how Blizz should change and future MMO's should do things for their roleplay side of things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 2:51 pm

Quote :
No offence Quint, but you are being a bit hypocritical here. Kad has had a bad experience in Epilogue and is moaning about it. I seem to remember that you did the same early on before giving it more time and finding that it was, in the end, something that was to your liking. Now, if Kad is happy to not give it any more time then that's her choice and she should be allowed to do so without being ridiculed and flamed for her opinion.

However the view is quite damning to the players of the server due to, what seemed to be, and over reaction. It gives a false view of both the server and the people that choose to play it, which is not really fair. I think this thread would suit Pro/Con style posts to let people see how it is.
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 2:54 pm

It's okey to have bad experiences, that's not the point. I keep having bad experiences on Epilogue to this day. The point is how you go about it. Throwing hissyfits and saying that epilogue is "where all the cocks from SSL" went just because she didn't get immidate help with a small problem, a problem I offered to log on to wow to fix myself, being a gm, but then being told that she will never return, epilogue is such a sucky place, people are cocks etc etc etc over a really really really tiny problem.

-that- is what annoyed me.

Not that criticising epilogue isn't allowed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 2:54 pm

Gurfang wrote:
Now, if Kad is happy to not give it any more time then that's her choice and she should be allowed to do so without being ridiculed and flamed for her opinion.

didnt alot of you do this to me when i disbanded the blood elf guild, i do remember people flaming me for it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 3:18 pm

Luko wrote:
Gurfang wrote:
Now, if Kad is happy to not give it any more time then that's her choice and she should be allowed to do so without being ridiculed and flamed for her opinion.

didnt alot of you do this to me when i disbanded the blood elf guild, i do remember people flaming me for it

I think you need to look over your thread again (link) as the only people to have posted in it and in this thread in regards to Kad's post are me and Lion and if you look at what the 2 of us posted, you'll see that neither of us said anything against you. Care to leave it behind and quit mentioning it in threads now as it's getting boring.

@ Lion
I'd have thought that the thread has enough comments in favour of Epilogue that it didn't need people reacting to Kad the way that they have, given that the majority of the thread is positive or, in Quint's case where the negative has been taken back due to more positive experiences after time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 3:20 pm

[quote="Gurfang"][quote="Luko"]
Gurfang wrote:
and Lion and if you look at what the 2 of us posted, you'll see that neither of us said anything against you..

I assume you mean Luko...Otherwise huh?

Ah nevermind
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 3:23 pm

[quote="Liontooth"][quote="Gurfang"]
Luko wrote:
Gurfang wrote:
and Lion and if you look at what the 2 of us posted, you'll see that neither of us said anything against you..

I assume you mean Luko...Otherwise huh?

Luko is moaning about his Blood Elf thread again and I am saying that the only people that have posted in THIS thread since Kad's post and HIS thread are you and I (and, of course, him) and that the people that have commented about Kadris being entitled to express her opinion without being flamed as she has been are not the same people that he felt flamed him in his thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 3:26 pm

when have i said anything about that thread before this ???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 3:27 pm

Luko wrote:
when have i said anything about that thread before this ???

Regularly /sigh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 3:28 pm

post links plox..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 3:30 pm

Luko wrote:
post links plox..

No chance, can't be arsed to trail through ever one of your posts to prove a point I know to be right. Just stop doing it in future.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 3:34 pm

lolz

and you say lion always comes out with staments like that..

doors is that way -----------> dont let it hit your butt on the way out

*wave*
Back to top Go down
Chassandra

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 3:44 pm

Why ruin a serious thread like this? It was interesting in the beginning, but the derailments...
This is beginning to look like the realm forums and that is not a good thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 3:46 pm

Luko wrote:
lolz

and you say lion always comes out with staments like that..

doors is that way -----------> dont let it hit your butt on the way out

*wave*

You want to prove you don't? Link every post that you have ever posted since your BE guild thread and then I'll happily trail through them. However, I see no benefit to myself to bother looking them up myself. Also, even if you are right, simply saying that you won't be saying anything about it in the future, just as you haven't before now would have been an end of it, instead of sounding like a bell end.

Now, back to the thread at hand please.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 3:53 pm

name calling now... /sigh

here comes the mods..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 3:59 pm

Luko wrote:
name calling now... /sigh

here comes the mods..

Difference between simile and saying "you are".

(editing to reduce the already stupid derailment.
Simile - A figure of speech in which two essentially unlike things are compared, often in a phrase introduced by like or as)

Anyway, return to topic and stop derailing.

EPILOGUE ROX QUINT'S COCK SOCK!

Last edited by Gurfang on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 4:05 pm

no you clearly said i sounded like a bell end

but yes back on topic, never played on it and never will, as i dont like private servers
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 5:37 pm

This thread is flagging worse than my JT after a night on the ale and then Gurf trying to get me to talk dirty to him on Officer chat whilst he abuses himself to the latest update from Readers Wives.

Perhaps someone could actually inform me of some recent roleplaying they enjoyed on this server, instead.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 7:01 pm

I would like to add something in here.

Random Carp is allowed to go off topic. If the thread wants to keep a serious tone should I delete the spam and move it to suggestions or a more fitting part of the forum? Otherwise I would like to ask people to keep a mature and clean tone.
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 7:20 pm

Examples of RP:

A delegation of apothecarians from Undercity set up a temporarily base in a tower in Hillsbrad. They started collecting samples from th elocal wildlife and turning the bears into sickened crazed bears. (Actual mobs changed appearance). They then started to fortify the tower and start building mindless ghouls. Changes were visually done to the tower and ghouls spawned.
The apothecarians sent a letter to the neutral faction "Steamworks Industries" putting in an order for 10 corpses. The guild steamworks industries then collected the corpses IC then showed up in a zeppelin, docking to the top of the forsaken tower and delivered the ghouls in cages. Everything done in game, with actual zeppelin appearing.
The apothecarians were up to something, and sudenly they launched an offensive og azurlods mines and took it over, building a new base in the mines. The Forsaken presence then was discovered by the neighboring kingdoms, but before they managed to launch an assault the Forsaken attacked the nearby farm and threw plague bombs, spreading a dangerous orange toxic. (Toxic clouds were spawned) The united forces of the nearby humans drove them off and there was some deaths, and the tower destroyed.

Another example:
An old wanderer, an old dalaran wizard by the looks of it, wandered into Southshore. There he met different people. He offered them a bet on wehter or not they could sovle his riddles, they would pay him one gold and if they got the riddle right, he would pay twice back. But suddenly the skies darken and it starts to rain, (again, this actually happening ingame) and a loud scream is heard. The NPC guards start shouting orders and suddenly a big gryphon swoops in over the village. It circles around while the old wanderer offers a riddle about the gryphon then proceeds telling the story about Bloodbeak the crazed gryphon. The alliance players are spooked, but the gryphon flies away and the sun appears yet again. The wanderer chuckles to himself and offers more riddles, but they will have no more so he quietly leaves. Now the players know that there's a new danger in the area, Bloodbeak the gryphon.

There are endless such stories happening on epilogue. Some small, some bigger. Some resutling in a characters perma death, or in the creation of new buildings for istance. Everything can happen on epilogue as long as it's within the frames of common sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Epilogue   The Epilogue - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Epilogue
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We Are Legion :: Meet & Greet :: Random Carp-
Jump to: