We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

time to move on...

Go down 
+24
Zanick
Opathu
Crowley
Katalmach
Huyana
Kadris
Nerinil
munechi
Vexacus
Quintilius
Emanee
Snicka
Morgalyen
Mindrathu
Leaf
Tyragon Shademourn
Shadowtroll
Lyranne
Chowlawu
torgadon
Artein
Siheld
emil_frojd
Vypra
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

time to move on... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: time to move on...   time to move on... - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 9:15 pm

well good luck in any game you start to play

id say go for Aion, its great and far more fun than wow is

Question.. Does this mean the end to the Keel nights?
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: time to move on...   time to move on... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 6:17 am

EaC stops organising keel nights since IC, the hiringperiod is over Wink Ofcourse someone else can choose to organise nights here.
I hope Lynnora will start her Happy Dragon again, so she can follow up with RPnights.
I was wondering the same Gurf, is Vex stopping aswell?
Back to top Go down
torgadon

torgadon

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: time to move on...   time to move on... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 9:06 am

AMG! i know your plan, she will return as deathknight vypra!!!
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: time to move on...   time to move on... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 9:16 am

Yeah I've not been playing much anyway guise, not had much motivation to log on for a while now.

Wow is an easy and fun game to play but I just feel like I play it just to pass time these days, which seems kinda pointless to me. I've been playing (with a several extended breaks) since release, and 5 years is a long time to play a game. Wink

The only reason I've carried on playing for this while is really because Vyp has still been interested and online.

As for other MMOs, I'm looking for something different. Aion doesn't grab me, but I have been taking a look at Fallen Earth:
http://www.fallenearth.com/
Back to top Go down
torgadon

torgadon

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: time to move on...   time to move on... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 9:18 am

If your thinking of online games, a good one is warhammer online:age of reckoning
imo its a fun mmo.
Back to top Go down
munechi

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: time to move on...   time to move on... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 9:29 am

torgadon wrote:
If your thinking of online games, a good one is warhammer online:age of reckoning
imo its a fun mmo.

runescape is better.
Back to top Go down
Nerinil

Nerinil

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: time to move on...   time to move on... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 11:11 am

Sad sad...

(Not that I know you, or i have ever put my feet on horde side, but it is enough to read the comment of these people)
Back to top Go down
Kadris

Kadris

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: time to move on...   time to move on... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 11:23 am

Aw... Sorry to hear this.

As the others have said, hope you come back sometime but also hope you enjoy whatever you move onto next. Smile
Back to top Go down
Huyana

Huyana

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: time to move on...   time to move on... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 11:44 am

Farewell Vypra/Julie - The way you have influenced the RP of this server on both sides is remarkable, this website, and generally a loving person. You will be dearly missed. I havent had the pleasure too often, but i have stumbled into you every now and then in WG. You being as hellbent as myself with healing our defenders. There is a special place in heaven for mature and kind healers as yourself Smile

I understand completely as i've also recently quit the game. I wish you all of what the world can give you Smile

XXX

/Fendoor
Back to top Go down
http://www.noctem.phpbb24.com
Katalmach

Katalmach

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: time to move on...   time to move on... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 11:57 am

/salute
Back to top Go down
Crowley

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: time to move on...   time to move on... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 2:15 pm

We'll all miss you, Vypra. Sad A /salute for someone with the rare and awesome combination of enthusiasm for RP and actual good sense.
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: time to move on...   time to move on... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 5:33 pm

Hey JB,

Seeing as I can't see you guys "virtually", so to speak, how soon before you and his-nibs leave Northrend again (aka the north of England) and head for the warmer climes down here? Wink I'm sure I could drag Megeara out once more for another Nandos evening.

Damn, what's great about WoW is the social contact; but it is true, the game itself -- all the pwning etc -- can get stale after a while.

On the plus side I might be heading out to Blizzard HQ sometime, so will tell them what I really think Razz

cheers,

NR
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: time to move on...   time to move on... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 5:36 pm

funny you should ask...my dad finally got into the London Marathon again so the family will be heading down in April. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: time to move on...   time to move on... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 5:47 pm

I suppose i should really give some kind of answer to this:

Gurfang wrote:
... from a curiosity point of view... were there any other reasons than the lack of wanting to log in this weekend?

Apart from the Heritage guild meetings (and i'm really going to miss my troll homies Sad ) it had become a chore. I just realised that i wasn't enjoying myself anymore. It's that simple and it was that sudden. Razz
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: time to move on...   time to move on... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 6:58 pm

Was it cause you realized you had made a Goldshire on Horde side?
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: time to move on...   time to move on... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 7:00 pm

Vypra wrote:
funny you should ask...my dad finally got into the London Marathon again so the family will be heading down in April. Very Happy

Coo-el. I had to leave Facebook due to certain folks trying to find my location, so not sure I have your best contact details. But if you and the fella want to stay in touch, PM me whatever details you feel comfortable in sharing. (That may be none at all, though....!)

cheers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: time to move on...   time to move on... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 7:01 pm

rofl

couldnt say it better
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: time to move on...   time to move on... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 7:02 pm

yes Quint, that was it exactly. I just couldn't live with it anymore Laughing
Back to top Go down
Zanick

Zanick

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: time to move on...   time to move on... - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 6:57 am

Julie, I'm sad to hear that you'll be leaving us. But I can understand. Sometimes you need to stop toeing around the skull-pile and make a clean break if you're not having as much fun as you used to.

It's been a huge pleasure to roleplay with Chabat and Vypra. Like many others, I hope that they may reappear one day, or perhaps we'll meet some new characters in another game. I'll look forward to that.

It was great to meet you (and your sister) in real life last year. You're one of the stars of our RP universe around whom the rest of us have happily orbitted.

Please keep in touch with us somehow and I hope you find great fun in whatever you do.

~ Zanick ~
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229

PostSubject: Re: time to move on...   time to move on... - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 7:13 am

Zanick wrote:
You're one of the stars of our RP universe around whom the rest of us have happily orbitted.

Well said, Zanick. Quoted for beauty and truth.
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: time to move on...   time to move on... - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 9:00 am

Mirroring what Zanick just said, I wonder if a few of us "SSLers" could stomach getting together again for a drink/food sometime? I guess that depends on the location; and if there is an event attached to the meet. For those of us around the London sort of area, it's not too hard to meet there, although I understand there are folks just about everywhere else too!

Last time we met it was due to the well-organised Ashen Order bunch (was it nearly a year ago?? bloody hell it was!). I wish I had a work reason to head to the skullduggerous north, then I could say hi to the crowd up there Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: time to move on...   time to move on... - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 9:02 am

Well I'd certainly be up for it, though the finances might be less easy for me to sort atm.

And I'd like to echo the support for the way Zanick put things.
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: time to move on...   time to move on... - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:21 am

Ah Vypra Vypra Vypra!

Among fish wives she was the hottest! (And rarely actually smelled of fish!)
Among wolves she was the cutest (and also had the softest fur!)
Among dancers she was one of the best! (Though Tee's blood dancing was slightly hotter)
Among bar wenches she wasnt really all that much of a wench as a lady! (Although wouldn't have mind having wenched her!)
Among the Blood Pact folks she was... a fish wife with political influence. (never figured that one out)
Among RP'ers she must be the most patient one! (Really, some of the guys at the keel... affraid )
Among hot trolls she managed to stay out of Quints List! (unobtainability is sexy in a woman)
Among the voices on the forums she is one of the most sensible ones! (She even has the ability to make me shut up...)
Among forum admins she is one of the most diligent ones! (WAL did create a focal point for OOC collaboration for RP on SSL. Sexy it was. Especially that certain special section)

And now that Mother of Sordid Pub RP has moved on to greener pastures what will her congregation of pub drinkers do? Will they be forced to stop comparing dresses? Will they be forced to stop sitting down at tables next to strangers and awkwardly ask about the weather? What will happen to the demon posessions? The terrorist attacks? The pirate jargon? Or will the spirit of the Keel move on and forever be a sure spot of easy obtainable RP on this venerable server? I sure do hope so!

I kid around alot, but I allways had alot of respect for you Vypra. You happily took the position as midwife for bloody, screaming fresh RP'ers and patiently cleaned em up, not letting us impatient elitists ruin the first impression of RP for them younglings! Razz

And thanks for giving me a forum to troll, Vypra. Smile
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: time to move on...   time to move on... - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:49 am

aww, you guys *gathers all up in a motherly hug* Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: time to move on...   time to move on... - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 5:58 pm

Vypra wrote:
aww, you guys *gathers all up in a motherly hug* Very Happy

I let myself be hugged, just to show that IŽll miss you too...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: time to move on...   time to move on... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

time to move on...
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next