We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Time for a change, yes we can - take 2

Go down 
+7
Katheryn
Xeezam
Feronius
munechi
Cartheron
Shadowtroll
Vypra
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 Empty
PostSubject: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 12:14 pm

Siheld wrote:
It is reasonable to say, that Alliance RP is standing on the edge of a cliff. With the disbanding of the Covenant, Silverwing Outrunners, Argent Dawn and the departure of Khazrand ta Khazmodan, it time for new, strong RP-guilds to rise. But now there is a problem, actually, there are a few problems.
The reasons that most RPguilds disband = PVE, a though enemy for RP. But the small group of RP'ers that are still there, should create new, fresh RPguilds, with an actual background story and reasons to excist. So my idea's:

Since the majority of Alliance players is Night Elf, lets start with them:
There already is an awesome Kaldorei RP-guild; The Keepers of the Grove, they have RP-events, World PVP and a good background story, they are a very, very good reason for Night Elf RP'ers to join them. But I think, a lot of Night Elf players, have nostalgic feelings towards the good old days of the Darnassus Sentinels. Perhaps someone just should stand up and reform that guild, it was a great succes and it was the Stormwind Miltia of the Night Elves. Because it is now, with the rise of raiding and the breaking down of RP, new roleplaying-guilds should be created.

Then, gnomes;
The most small race of Azeroth (damn, we're small), is not the most picked race of Scarshield Legion but we have our own RP-guild; The Gnomereguard! Pinny is running it, and finally after a pretty long period we have a gnome roleplaying guild. The guild is focussing on patrolling and defending, but they are residing in Ironforge and we all know that Ironforge isn't the most popular place for RP'ers. Now, in Wrath of the Lich King, us gnomes finally got a bit lore from Blizzard. The Gnomereguard could focus on Dun Morogh and small missions and patrols there, but for the higher level players it isn't really much of a challenge. Now, another idea could be; move to Northrend. This is a pretty big decission, and the lower level players (not very much played ALTS) would drop out. The base in Borean Tundra would be perfect; there are plains, smoking engine's; everything. I know this isn't the most perfect idea, but it could work out because it would be more fun for the higher leveled Gnome's. ( Outland RP is possible aswell, with the gnome base in Blade's Edge Mountains ). A new envoirement is more fun then the old and plain Dun Morogh. Borean Tundra is less accesable but perhaps more fresh and fun.

Humans;
When you say Human RP-guild, you say..Stormwind Militia. It has everything for fun and good RP. They have world-PVP, events, several meetings in a week, Guard-RP, Medic-RP, Spy-RP. Is your character a human? Stormwind Militia the choice. ( Yes it is kinda propaganda for the SWM, but really, as human this is the guild..)

Then, the alien-race; The Draenei;
Almost every Alliance player rolled a Draenei-character after the start of The Burning Crusade. So why oh why aren't there Draenei roleplaying guilds? Ayuri tried this by making the Azure Expedition, a Draenei-only RPguild. I don't know the reason why this stopped, because if I were the Alliance player with a Draenei in his list, I would have joined this guild! Azuremyst Isle is pretty easy to get to, simply by taking the boat to Auberdine or get a mage to get you there. Perhaps one of the other reasons the roleplaying is slightly dying; the lack of effort roleplayers put into it, they are to lazy to travel to Azuremyst or Auberdine for RP.

Dwarves;
I feel sorry for them, just like their Gnomish cousins, they are not very popular amongst the Scarshield Legion Roleplaying community. But why should we pick dwarves? After Khazrand ta Khazmodan left, There weren't really any Race-oriented guild for them. As a hunter, you could join the Stormwind Militia but if you are a dwarven priest, and you want Dwarven RP, you.. well.. are screwed.
Now a noble dwarf should stand up and make a new Dwarven RP-guild! Dwarves are good in drinking Ale and perhaps you could make a restaurant or pub-guild in Kharanos. A big +; we would get rid of the Goldshire-inn as meeting place for "RP-ers".

What we also miss on Scarshield Legion is some Class-restricted roleplaying. We already have the Order of Illumination for roleplaying Paladins, but hey, not everyone is Paladin. We could use an order of Magi, or a secret cult for warlocks. The numbers of the guild wouldn't be that big, but it is about the quality, not quantity!

But there is more ( Yes, you are probably very annoyed or sleepy); I have a few more things to say; find a new main roleplaying village! We all know that Goldshire sucks, but still some roleplayers are still returning towards this lesbian-vampire-cyb0r-village. Why? Because it is easy to get to and SWM has their RP in Elwynn Forest. We really should look to the AD-community with their Auberdine-community plan. A lot of roleplyers of Argent Dawn visit Auberdine now and so they got rid of roleplaying in Goldshire ( Yes, even on AD Goldshire is infected, I saw it myself ). Now the roleplaying community of Scarshield Legion Alliance side should try the same thing! Go to Kharanos, Theramore or Auberdine and try to build some RP there! It will take some time but then the quality of our RP might rise. No guild is needed for that, but if anyone feels to roleplay, they could visit the Theramore inn for a refreshing mug of ale, without getting jumped on by the 1000th DK named; Arthásdk, saying; LOL LOL IR DEAD NIGHT!. Roleplaying would be fun again, and it would be worth it to travel to Theramore.

These things are all examples, some are not as good as other, but what I want to say is; Now is the time for new fresh roleplaying guilds!
Be fresh, be new, be creative and roleplay!

ROLEPLAYERS OF SCARSHIELD LEGION (A) RISE AND UNITE!

And for the roleplayers that still want some player versus evil experience; Try to form some sort of OOC-pact with other Roleplaying guilds and organize one or two raids in a week, for example: Stormwind Militia and Gnomereguard make some sort of OOC-group with an OOC forum for raid sign-ups!
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 12:16 pm

Gurfang wrote:
This thread got me thinking (never a good idea):

Silverwing Outrunners - Disbanded
Cult of the Thuzadin - Active, though don't appear to be as high profile as they have been in the past.
Order of the Dawn - Disbanded (I assume)
Keepers of the Grove - Still going strong I believe
Zeramas - Who? Not heard anything about them.
The Booty Bay Yacht Club - I think they are still around,
The Mockers - Are they still around?
Kirin'Dal - I'm guessing that they don't exist now
Salty Tide Privateers - Active, though not sure how active. Certainly done some stuff with ST's lot.
The Bloodhawk Syndicate - ?
The Ace of Spades - ?
The Covenant - Disbanded
Renmants of the Shadow - Was the new version of CoT, probably doesn't exist now
Ashenvale Outriders - ?
Echoes of Lordaeron - Looking for an RP officer
Order of the Frozenheart - ?
The Great Sea Trade Company - Active (I think)
Order of Illumination - ?
Stormwind Militia - Active
Convicts Anonymous - ?
The Coldridge Elite - not active
Crazy Cat Lady - stoned in Amsterdam, wearing clogs and living in a windmill
Crimson Eagle, The - Disbanded
Closed Circle (PvE) - Disbanded (never an RP guild either)
Khazrand ta Khazmodan - buggered off

Looking at the list above (taken from the guild list on this forum) we have 5 or 6 RP guilds still active and 1 raiding guild looking to get more RP stuff going in the whole of the Alliance. There may be some smaller guilds (see the ones with the "?" by them) who are RPing, but from what I can tell that's pretty much it.
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 12:17 pm

Vexacus wrote:
Booty Bay Yacht Club also folded so members could go raiding.
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 12:38 pm

Concerning the list of RP guilds quoted above with a ? or assume sign.

Order of the Dawn - disbanded
Booty Bay Yacht Club - disbanded
The Ace of Spades - disbanded (inactive)
Salty Tide Privateers - running but not as active as before, due of vacation
The Mockers - disbanded
Kirin'Dal - Siheld is not playing so inactive
The Great Sea Trade Company - disbanded (recently)

What I could add.
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 12:47 pm

Actually, I think the better one to have quoted on teh guilds was Siheld's updatied version:

Quote :
Cult of the Thuzadin - Active, though don't appear to be as high profile as they have been in the past.
Order of the Dawn - Disbanded, Azerothian Cavaliers is now the name, but it's a small RP guild
Keepers of the Grove - Still going strong I believe
Zeramas - Who? Not heard anything about them.
The Booty Bay Yacht Club - Disbanded
The Mockers - Disband
Kirin'Dal - Siheld had to quit due lack of interest
Salty Tide Privateers - Active, though not sure how active. Pretty active
The Bloodhawk Syndicate - Not around actively
The Ace of Spades - Lenara went to another server to play with RL-friends.. They do PVP now
The Covenant - Disbanded
Renmants of the Shadow - Disbanded
Ashenvale Outriders - Not active
Order of the Frozenheart - Disband
The Great Sea Trade Company - Disband, was made into Radio Stormwind
Order of Illumination - Active
Convicts Anonymous - Disband

And, sadly, I forgot the Gnomerguard.

That leaves 7 active (one of them being Stormwind Radio, though I don't know if they do anything other than the radio), 1 raid guild looking for an RP officer and 1 guild who no one seems to know anything about.

And in terms of styles, we have 4 racial guilds (1 Gnome, 2 Human and 1 Night Elf), and all the guilds appear to have a very specific remit:

Cult of the Thuzadin - Scourge RP
Stormwind Militia - Ronseal guild
Salty Tide Privateers - Pirate RP
Radio Stormwind - Another ronseal guild
Keepers of the Grove - Night Elf RP, I assume it's focussed around Moonglade
Order of Illumination - Human Paladin RP
Gnomerguard - Gnome RP

Since the Exiles turned PVE I can't remember seeing an RP guild that was open to all races and aims in RP. I wonder if that's part of the problem?

Last edited by Gurfang on Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 12:48 pm

hmm, seems i have some updating of the alliance's active guild list to do Razz
Back to top Go down
Cartheron

Cartheron

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 1:34 pm

As a helpful update, the Order Of Illumination's theme/remit is as follows:

An all-human, all-paladin rp heavy guild, the Order represents the purity of the Light in its truest form - the human.

We have no love for the foul xenos species that claim to be our allies - Elves,Draeni and the like, and similarly have no time for the abhmans - Dwarves and Gnomes.

We uphold the One Truth and Purity of the Light in an age that seeps itself in decadance and trafficks with the arcane and the daemonic. Committed to rooting out and destroying the Darkness in all its forms, be it the corruption of Daemons, the foolishness of the Horde Xenos or the plague of Undeath, the Order stands defiant and often alone in its war for the Light.

(Think of us as you're friendly neighbourhood religous fanatics and you wont go far wrong. We dont like anyone, aside from human paladins. And even then, only some of them Smile )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 1:39 pm

Cartheron wrote:
As a helpful update, the Order Of Illumination's theme/remit is as follows:

An all-human, all-paladin rp heavy guild, the Order represents the purity of the Light in its truest form - the human.

We have no love for the foul xenos species that claim to be our allies - Elves,Draeni and the like, and similarly have no time for the abhmans - Dwarves and Gnomes.

We uphold the One Truth and Purity of the Light in an age that seeps itself in decadance and trafficks with the arcane and the daemonic. Committed to rooting out and destroying the Darkness in all its forms, be it the corruption of Daemons, the foolishness of the Horde Xenos or the plague of Undeath, the Order stands defiant and often alone in its war for the Light.

(Think of us as you're friendly neighbourhood religous fanatics and you wont go far wrong. We dont like anyone, aside from human paladins. And even then, only some of them Smile )

Scarlet Crusaders but by another name?

Have updated the list info too.
Back to top Go down
Cartheron

Cartheron

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 1:42 pm

Well yeah kinda, but without the ingrained corruption that comes from your boss being possessed. We've always said that we could rp out the Scarlet Crusade better than Blizz could but hey ho. And anyways, Algorath was far too happy strutting around as the 'true leader' of the Scarlet Crusade. Bless.
Back to top Go down
munechi

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 3:24 pm

Cartheron wrote:

the Jehovah guys?
Back to top Go down
Feronius

Feronius

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 3:32 pm

Not sure, but are the Country Folk still around / active?
And The keepers of the Grove are based around Ashenvale mainly, the elven lands at least.
Back to top Go down
munechi

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 4:06 pm

Feronius wrote:
Not sure, but are the Country Folk still around / active?

COUNTRY FOLK Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Xeezam

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 8:00 pm

Country Folks are disbanded as far as i know. Also there is the Ebon Blade guild, doing guess what. And about Zeramas (i'm in) we are a small guild, mainly RP around Plaguelands. I wrote back then about our guild on realm forum and on this one as well in the guild section. Additionally there is the Northshire Abbey that isn't active as i have noticed.
Back to top Go down
Katheryn

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 9:15 pm

Actually, I remember seeing a Country Folk member in Goldshire.

I was bored, so was joining in with Castelyn's Daily Burning of it Twisted Evil
and a little tired Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 10:52 pm

Katheryn wrote:

and a little tired Razz

If I knew how to get on the blacksmith roof I'd probably join you!
Back to top Go down
munechi

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 6:30 am

Gurfang wrote:
Katheryn wrote:

and a little tired Razz

If I knew how to get on the blacksmith roof I'd probably join you!

you go to the back of the blacksmith and jump on the ledge, then you jump on one of these big blowing things, then on the upper ledge. then you have to walk against the wall and when you go up a bit tou jump. if all went correctly you are on the blacksmith then.
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 9:14 am

Stick to the topic please Wink
Back to top Go down
munechi

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 10:31 am

Siheld wrote:
maybe jumping on the GS buildings is a way for the horde to help alliance RP?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 11:45 am

munechi wrote:
Siheld wrote:
maybe jumping on the GS buildings is a way for the horde to help alliance RP?

Yeah, they can die IC!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 11:53 am

Based on the Arod's post I guess we could be looking at this:

Gnomerguard - Active (last I heard, at least)
Order of Illumination - Active
Salty Tide Privateers - Active, though not sure how active. Pretty active
Stormwind Radio - Active (but do they do anything more than their radio channel?)
Azerothian Cavaliers - Active (quite small I think)
Keepers of the Grove - Could be on their way out
Zeramas - Active (quite small I think)
Order of the Dawn - Disbanded, Azerothian Cavaliers is now the name, but it's a small RP guild
The Booty Bay Yacht Club - Disbanded
The Mockers - Disband
Kirin'Dal - Siheld had to quit due lack of interest
The Bloodhawk Syndicate - Not around actively
The Ace of Spades - Lenara went to another server to play with RL-friends.. They do PVP now
The Covenant - Disbanded
Renmants of the Shadow - Disbanded
Ashenvale Outriders - Not active
Order of the Frozenheart - Disband
The Great Sea Trade Company - Disband, was made into Radio Stormwind
Convicts Anonymous - Disband
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 3:42 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 8:51 pm

ouch! looking at this...Alliance side rp guilds are having an even worse time than us hordies Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 8:56 pm

Vypra wrote:
ouch! looking at this...Alliance side rp guilds are having an even worse time than us hordies Razz

Yeah, though we had our blip back when Oppy took over from you and Tee as head of ToC and HoS had their first (or was it second) disband. But the fact that you've stayed and looked to create stuff whils tnot being a part of a larger guild structure has been the main reason for the RP being in the state it is in now for us. Looks to me like the Alliance need a Vypra of their own to get stuff going across the guilds.
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 9:01 pm

Gurfang wrote:
Vypra wrote:

Yeah, though we had our blip back when Oppy took over from you and Tee as head of ToC and HoS had their first (or was it second) disband. But the fact that you've stayed and looked to create stuff whils tnot being a part of a larger guild structure has been the main reason for the RP being in the state it is in now for us. Looks to me like the Alliance need a Vypra of their own to get stuff going across the guilds.

Although I agree for the immense effort Vypra puts in and I appreciate it just as much as any other Horde roleplayer does (or should) the idea having only 1 person creating such overly repeating events is not good in general, imagine Vypra stops playing one day? Does that mean RP on the realm freezes? Anyhow thats off topic.

Alliance RP seems lacking on capable leader, but it also seems not attractive enough. There are currenly open RP events hosted on Alliance side but there needs to be far more of them converting other roleplayers and other players again into RP. My opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 9:46 pm

Shadowtroll wrote:
Gurfang wrote:
Vypra wrote:

Although I agree for the immense effort Vypra puts in and I appreciate it just as much as any other Horde roleplayer does (or should) the idea having only 1 person creating such overly repeating events is not good in general, imagine Vypra stops playing one day? Does that mean RP on the realm freezes? Anyhow thats off topic.

Alliance RP seems lacking on capable leader, but it also seems not attractive enough. There are currenly open RP events hosted on Alliance side but there needs to be far more of them converting other roleplayers and other players again into RP. My opinion.

I'm not saying that Vypra creates all RP, that would be a silly thing to say. However, since she left ToC to rejoin Vex in EAC and opened up the pub she has spent a lot of time linking RP together by making contact across the guilds through her various characters. This has meant that people have actually been able to link up where previously they haven't been able to.
As to the comment about Vypra stopping playing, I honestly think that Horde RP on SSL would take a severe body blow if she did stop atm. She is not the hub for all RP, but she does end up with a lot revolving around her because she looks to get involved in it.

What the Alliance need is someone who wants to get involved in any and all RP events who doesn't have a large guild to run alongside that. Get the links created and it makes guilds feel connected to the rest of the "world" around them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Time for a change, yes we can - take 2
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next