We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Time for a change, yes we can - take 2

Go down 
+7
Katheryn
Xeezam
Feronius
munechi
Cartheron
Shadowtroll
Vypra
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 9:58 pm

All fair points Gurfang.

To the second part creating one open and united RP community on Alliance, I see a rather interesting way which involves the Horde as well, in nostalgic moments Alliance role players keep mentioned TUA or also known as The United Alliance which could be somehow compared to the Horde's Blood Pact.

What I want to say is following: Since we are on a RP-PvP server I always though the best events are RP-PvP ones, nothing brings people closer IC and OOC then united defeating their arch enemy. This said and with the existence of WAL there is need of a good story line for a row of RP-PvP events with the classic theme of Horde vs Alliance.

Having Warsong Blades as best example for a succesfully running RP guild with a PvP theme, House of Sylvanas had before their last down time huge numbers -except qualitative RP, good leaders and good guild theme active RP-PvP events with the Stormwind Militia from which both guilds profited surely helped them into bringing more role players, and RP beginners into their ranks.
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 9:15 am

Shadowtroll wrote:

To the second part creating one open and united RP community on Alliance, I see a rather interesting way which involves the Horde as well, in nostalgic moments Alliance role players keep mentioned TUA or also known as The United Alliance which could be somehow compared to the Horde's Blood Pact.

I love it that the discussion is still running, even tough you're Horde.
A slight correction here Shadow; TUA was a small force of several guilds on the Alliance side with; Khazrand ta Khazmodan, The Stormwind Militia and the Silverwing Outrunners. At first this was for World PVP, like attacks on Horde villages based around the Stormwind Kingdom.
Then a forum was made, and the 3 guilds started casually raiding. An IC fight between SWO+SWM and KtK, became OOC aswell so they left. Then SWM and SWO stopped world PVP but started doing raids, like ZA, Kharazan etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 11:40 am

Can't say I agree with you ST, basically because I don't think that events in and of themselves are the issue. You can create as many events as you want, but if you don't have someone like Vyp who enthuses and encourages people to be involved and puts a lot of time into supporting people who do look to create these events then the event will be another wash out.
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 11:54 am

Gurf kinda has it in a nutshell there. i actually create very little in the way of events. what i do more frequently, is advertise and support others events/ guilds/ ideas.

That's what seems to be lacking alli side. there's poeple that come up with much better ideas than i ever could, but making sure that those ideas get out to the ppl that can make them into something great is half of what makes an event a success.
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Feronius

Feronius

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 1:09 pm

The Dawnlight Society isn't on the list? think they're an RPguild.
Westbrook personel to Razz if that counts as a guild
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 2:42 pm

feel free to post alli guilds on other behalf Fero. i can't keep track of them as i don't play alli side at all. i need a collaborator ;D
Back to top Go down
Feronius

Feronius

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 9:56 am

Haven't really been an active RPer for ages.. didn't do any til yesterday for a long time.
But sure, if I see something I'll poke here (if I remember at least..)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 3:13 pm

I guess we should also bear the server stats in mind when talking about it's state:
http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=626
Back to top Go down
Feronius

Feronius

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 9:10 am

The Storm Hammers, Khazrand tha Khaz-Modan (the new one) and some other loose dwarves have united their clans.
The new guild is known as The Vanguard of Anvilmar.

Very Happy awesome epic dwarven brawling!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 9:26 am

Feronius wrote:
The Storm Hammers, Khazrand tha Khaz-Modan (the new one) and some other loose dwarves have united their clans.

I love the name! Fingers crossed this leads to some cool RP.
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 9:38 am

any chance you can get somebody from that new dwarf guild to post their guild details here Fero?
Back to top Go down
Cartheron

Cartheron

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 1:00 pm

Gurfang wrote:
Feronius wrote:

I love the name! Fingers crossed this leads to some cool RP.

I second that emotion - what an awesome name. And from what i can remember of when the Order and Khaz rp together they were pretty good. Of course, depends who moved to Defias but fingers crossed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 11:36 pm

Gurfang wrote:
Based on the Arod's post I guess we could be looking at this:

Cult of the Thuzadin - Active, though don't appear to be as high profile as they have been in the past.
Gnomerguard - No longer active (http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=10023043768&sid=1)
Order of Illumination - Active
Stormwind Militia - Active
Salty Tide Privateers - Active, though not sure how active. Pretty active
Stormwind Radio - Active (but do they do anything more than their radio channel?)
Azerothian Cavaliers - Active (quite small I think)
Keepers of the Grove - Could be on their way out
Zeramas - Active (quite small I think)
Order of the Dawn - Disbanded, Azerothian Cavaliers is now the name, but it's a small RP guild
The Booty Bay Yacht Club - Disbanded
The Mockers - Disband
Kirin'Dal - Siheld had to quit due lack of interest
The Bloodhawk Syndicate - Not around actively
The Ace of Spades - Lenara went to another server to play with RL-friends.. They do PVP now
The Covenant - Disbanded
Renmants of the Shadow - Disbanded
Ashenvale Outriders - Not active
Echoes of Lordaeron - Looking for an RP officer
Order of the Frozenheart - Disband
The Great Sea Trade Company - Disband, was made into Radio Stormwind
Convicts Anonymous - Disband
The Coldridge Elite - not active
Crazy Cat Lady - stoned in Amsterdam, wearing clogs and living in a windmill
Crimson Eagle, The - Disbanded
Closed Circle (PvE) - Disbanded (never an RP guild either)
Khazrand ta Khazmodan - buggered off
Silverwing Outrunners - Disbanded

For all you Gnome lovers, some sad news in the world of RP.
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 6:57 am

That, and my little project (Coldridge Elite) being dusty for ages. Guess there's not that many people that want to RP small folk, for their main thing -- as if they can't be epic and totally awesome! >:{

Edit: Though admittedly Coldridge Elite probably went under because I couldn't (personally because of my own stops) leave The Exiles with Leaf, since that was probably one thing that would've helped it get on it's feet from it's couch potato days. That and getting mains instead of alts, but then again, it was just a project of mine and I guess it might have been naive to think that it would become something big.

Last edited by Leaf on Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 7:00 am

Then you just have to start playing Apricot again and revive the Coldridge Elite.
Back to top Go down
Emanee

Emanee

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 7:24 am

To be honest the majority of us were too busy with mains - and I dont think with the populus we were ever really going to get big... it was fun though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 7:28 am

and you stop being a non-addict so you can get back to CE as well.
Back to top Go down
Emanee

Emanee

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 7:32 am

*ponders if its possible to get a Coldridge Elite section going on this forum - not sure where the original forums went or if they just died...
Back to top Go down
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 7:34 am

Well, are there still people in the CE actively playing then?
Back to top Go down
Emanee

Emanee

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 7:49 am

not......yet... Wink
Back to top Go down
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 7:58 am

Emanee wrote:
not......yet... Wink

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Feronius

Feronius

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 8:03 am

The Vanguard of Anvilmar allows gnomes aswell I believe, just as minority. (No warlocks and DK's though)
The leaders are Thagrom (The Warlord), Faldak (Storm Hammers leader) and Dorgain (Ironfist Clan / Alt of Maglor)

Ow and thanks.. I thought of that name Razz although people from the militiaooc were helping me back then, had the name taken for a while on my alt (who's now in the guild) and offered it to Thagrom, since imo it sounded better than something along the line of "The three United Hammers" or so.

"Fer King Anvilmar!"

(I could poke one of the Thane's for you guys I guess..)
Back to top Go down
Emanee

Emanee

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 8:15 am

*if* I start playing again, it will be casual, RP and it will be the levelling RP I enjoyed so much with Ema/Emmie/Xyni/et al.

I'd love to get the Coldridge Elite going again- and would be tempted to transfer Emmie to another account (so Air can keep my druid), and to SSL and put her back in as a new character.

That or ninja Hay and play a glaive rogue... bwah ha ha
Back to top Go down
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 8:16 am

Emanee wrote:
*if* I start playing again, it will be casual, RP and it will be the levelling RP I enjoyed so much with Ema/Emmie/Xyni/et al.

Can you play casual then?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 8:18 am

Emanee wrote:
*ponders if its possible to get a Coldridge Elite section going on this forum - not sure where the original forums went or if they just died...

It was a part of Tony's website, so he's the best person to speak to.

As for me, my gnome would have been fun to RP but I deleted him so as to roll a Draenei DK (yes, in part to annoy Xari after his comments about it being a lorelol). But as has already been said, CE wasn't really a "goer" because all it had were alts and, as we all know, the RP community being a fairly small and incestuous one it is very hard to get mains.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can - take 2   Time for a change, yes we can - take 2 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Time for a change, yes we can - take 2
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next