We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Time for a change, yes we can?

Go down 
+4
Morgalyen
Vexacus
Vypra
Siheld
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Time for a change, yes we can? Empty
PostSubject: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 12:44 pm

It is reasonable to say, that Alliance RP is standing on the edge of a cliff. With the disbanding of the Covenant, Silverwing Outrunners, Argent Dawn and the departure of Khazrand ta Khazmodan, it time for new, strong RP-guilds to rise. But now there is a problem, actually, there are a few problems.
The reasons that most RPguilds disband = PVE, a though enemy for RP. But the small group of RP'ers that are still there, should create new, fresh RPguilds, with an actual background story and reasons to excist. So my idea's:

Since the majority of Alliance players is Night Elf, lets start with them:
There already is an awesome Kaldorei RP-guild; The Keepers of the Grove, they have RP-events, World PVP and a good background story, they are a very, very good reason for Night Elf RP'ers to join them. But I think, a lot of Night Elf players, have nostalgic feelings towards the good old days of the Darnassus Sentinels. Perhaps someone just should stand up and reform that guild, it was a great succes and it was the Stormwind Miltia of the Night Elves. Because it is now, with the rise of raiding and the breaking down of RP, new roleplaying-guilds should be created.

Then, gnomes;
The most small race of Azeroth (damn, we're small), is not the most picked race of Scarshield Legion but we have our own RP-guild; The Gnomereguard! Pinny is running it, and finally after a pretty long period we have a gnome roleplaying guild. The guild is focussing on patrolling and defending, but they are residing in Ironforge and we all know that Ironforge isn't the most popular place for RP'ers. Now, in Wrath of the Lich King, us gnomes finally got a bit lore from Blizzard. The Gnomereguard could focus on Dun Morogh and small missions and patrols there, but for the higher level players it isn't really much of a challenge. Now, another idea could be; move to Northrend. This is a pretty big decission, and the lower level players (not very much played ALTS) would drop out. The base in Borean Tundra would be perfect; there are plains, smoking engine's; everything. I know this isn't the most perfect idea, but it could work out because it would be more fun for the higher leveled Gnome's. ( Outland RP is possible aswell, with the gnome base in Blade's Edge Mountains ). A new envoirement is more fun then the old and plain Dun Morogh. Borean Tundra is less accesable but perhaps more fresh and fun.

Humans;
When you say Human RP-guild, you say..Stormwind Militia. It has everything for fun and good RP. They have world-PVP, events, several meetings in a week, Guard-RP, Medic-RP, Spy-RP. Is your character a human? Stormwind Militia the choice. ( Yes it is kinda propaganda for the SWM, but really, as human this is the guild..)

Then, the alien-race; The Draenei;
Almost every Alliance player rolled a Draenei-character after the start of The Burning Crusade. So why oh why aren't there Draenei roleplaying guilds? Ayuri tried this by making the Azure Expedition, a Draenei-only RPguild. I don't know the reason why this stopped, because if I were the Alliance player with a Draenei in his list, I would have joined this guild! Azuremyst Isle is pretty easy to get to, simply by taking the boat to Auberdine or get a mage to get you there. Perhaps one of the other reasons the roleplaying is slightly dying; the lack of effort roleplayers put into it, they are to lazy to travel to Azuremyst or Auberdine for RP.

Dwarves;
I feel sorry for them, just like their Gnomish cousins, they are not very popular amongst the Scarshield Legion Roleplaying community. But why should we pick dwarves? After Khazrand ta Khazmodan left, There weren't really any Race-oriented guild for them. As a hunter, you could join the Stormwind Militia but if you are a dwarven priest, and you want Dwarven RP, you.. well.. are screwed.
Now a noble dwarf should stand up and make a new Dwarven RP-guild! Dwarves are good in drinking Ale and perhaps you could make a restaurant or pub-guild in Kharanos. A big +; we would get rid of the Goldshire-inn as meeting place for "RP-ers".

What we also miss on Scarshield Legion is some Class-restricted roleplaying. We already have the Order of Illumination for roleplaying Paladins, but hey, not everyone is Paladin. We could use an order of Magi, or a secret cult for warlocks. The numbers of the guild wouldn't be that big, but it is about the quality, not quantity!

But there is more ( Yes, you are probably very annoyed or sleepy); I have a few more things to say; find a new main roleplaying village! We all know that Goldshire sucks, but still some roleplayers are still returning towards this lesbian-vampire-cyb0r-village. Why? Because it is easy to get to and SWM has their RP in Elwynn Forest. We really should look to the AD-community with their Auberdine-community plan. A lot of roleplyers of Argent Dawn visit Auberdine now and so they got rid of roleplaying in Goldshire ( Yes, even on AD Goldshire is infected, I saw it myself Sad ). Now the roleplaying community of Scarshield Legion Alliance side should try the same thing! Go to Kharanos, Theramore or Auberdine and try to build some RP there! It will take some time but then the quality of our RP might rise. No guild is needed for that, but if anyone feels to roleplay, they could visit the Theramore inn for a refreshing mug of ale, without getting jumped on by the 1000th DK named; Arthásdk, saying; LOL LOL IR DEAD NIGHT!. Roleplaying would be fun again, and it would be worth it to travel to Theramore.

These things are all examples, some are not as good as other, but what I want to say is; Now is the time for new fresh roleplaying guilds!
Be fresh, be new, be creative and roleplay!

ROLEPLAYERS OF SCARSHIELD LEGION (A) RISE AND UNITE!

And for the roleplayers that still want some player versus evil experience; Try to form some sort of OOC-pact with other Roleplaying guilds and organize one or two raids in a week, for example: Stormwind Militia and Gnomereguard make some sort of OOC-group with an OOC forum for raid sign-ups! Wink

Last edited by Siheld on Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 12:50 pm

very rousing and pertinant peice there Siheld.

One only hopes that some of the alliance rpers will see it and find it in themselves to rise to your rallying cry Smile
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 12:53 pm

Thank you Vypra! Wink
if you want to, you can move it to the realm forums.
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 4:56 pm

I just read the SSL-realm-post of Kenu..
To bad I can't reply..

But he should shut his mouth because what effort is he putting into it?. I'm only giving suggestions and motivating people to RP (again). And I actually spend a few months on AD, and I actually visited the Auberdine Community. I expected flaming, but atleast I'm trying to do something about it. And he is making a fool of me, but look what he is saying: "Ow I'm on WOW since vanilla, OMG everything I say is true.."

To bad that a suggestion is getting flamed..
I'm not saying that there is no RP able when we lack RPguilds, Roleplaying guilds just could make RP more interesting and fresh..

Last edited by Siheld on Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 5:16 pm

Siheld wrote:
I just read the SSL-realm-post of Kenu..
To bad I can't reply..

But he should shut his mouth because what effort is he putting into it?. I'm only giving suggestions and motivating people to RP (again). And I actually spend a few months on AD, and I actually visited the Auberdine Community. I expected flaming, but atleast I'm trying to do something about it. And he is making a fool of me, but look what he is saying: "Ow I'm on WOW since vanilla, OMG everything I say is true.."

To bad that a suggestion is getting flamed..
I'm not saying that there is no RP able when we lack RPguilds, Roleplaying guilds just could make RP more interesting and fresh..

Wouldn't worry about it, Kenu is a twat anyway.
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 5:29 pm

Still, would like to see it posted..My last reaction to this Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 5:33 pm

When payment goes through I will happily post your reaction. I have to admit that I have not seen the post (don't tend to look at the SSL forum when at work) but I would not be surprised by anything that he posted given what he's said before!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 8:48 am

Reply given (with appropriate editing for grammar and making more sense)
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 9:31 am

Thank your for posting and backing me up Gurf Wink
Atleast I got what I wanted, some attention for the roleplaying status on Alliance-side
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 9:50 am

This thread got me thinking (never a good idea):

Silverwing Outrunners - Disbanded
Cult of the Thuzadin - Active, though don't appear to be as high profile as they have been in the past.
Order of the Dawn - Disbanded (I assume)
Keepers of the Grove - Still going strong I believe
Zeramas - Who? Not heard anything about them.
The Booty Bay Yacht Club - I think they are still around,
The Mockers - Are they still around?
Kirin'Dal - I'm guessing that they don't exist now
Salty Tide Privateers - Active, though not sure how active. Certainly done some stuff with ST's lot.
The Bloodhawk Syndicate - ?
The Ace of Spades - ?
The Covenant - Disbanded
Renmants of the Shadow - Was the new version of CoT, probably doesn't exist now
Ashenvale Outriders - ?
Echoes of Lordaeron - Looking for an RP officer
Order of the Frozenheart - ?
The Great Sea Trade Company - Active (I think)
Order of Illumination - ?
Stormwind Militia - Active
Convicts Anonymous - ?
The Coldridge Elite - not active
Crazy Cat Lady - stoned in Amsterdam, wearing clogs and living in a windmill
Crimson Eagle, The - Disbanded
Closed Circle (PvE) - Disbanded (never an RP guild either)
Khazrand ta Khazmodan - buggered off

Looking at the list above (taken from the guild list on this forum) we have 5 or 6 RP guilds still active and 1 raiding guild looking to get more RP stuff going in the whole of the Alliance. There may be some smaller guilds (see the ones with the "?" by them) who are RPing, but from what I can tell that's pretty much it.
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 9:56 am

Gurfang wrote:

Cult of the Thuzadin - Active, though don't appear to be as high profile as they have been in the past.
Order of the Dawn - Disbanded, Azerothian Cavaliers is now the name, but it's a small RP guild
The Booty Bay Yacht Club - I think they are still around, not a big RP guild tough
The Mockers - Disband
Kirin'Dal - I had to quit due lack of interest
Salty Tide Privateers - Active, though not sure how active. Pretty active
The Bloodhawk Syndicate - Not around actively
The Ace of Spades - Lenara went to another server to play with RL-friends.. They do PVP now
The Covenant - Disbanded
Renmants of the Shadow - Disbanded
Ashenvale Outriders - Not active
Order of the Frozenheart - Disband
The Great Sea Trade Company - Disband, was made into Radio Stormwind
Order of Illumination - Active
Convicts Anonymous - Disband
The Coldridge Elite - not active, to bad Sad

Fixed the list, yes we are almost jumping of that cliff
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 9:59 am

Booty Bay Yacht Club also folded so members could go raiding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 10:00 am

Siheld wrote:
Gurfang wrote:

Order of the Dawn - Disbanded, Azerothian Cavaliers is now the name, but it's a small RP guild
The Booty Bay Yacht Club - I think they are still around, not a big RP guild tough
The Mockers - Disband
Kirin'Dal - I had to quit due lack of interest
Salty Tide Privateers - Active, though not sure how active. Pretty active
The Bloodhawk Syndicate - Not around actively
The Ace of Spades - Lenara went to another server to play with RL-friends.. They do PVP now
The Covenant - Disbanded
Renmants of the Shadow - Disbanded
Ashenvale Outriders - Not active
Order of the Frozenheart - Disband
The Great Sea Trade Company - Disband, was made into Radio Stormwind
Order of Illumination - Active
Convicts Anonymous - Disband
The Coldridge Elite - not active, to bad Sad

Fixed the list, yes we are almost jumping of that cliff

If it makes you feel any better, the Coldridge Elite was never that big anyway (Mori, Emmy, Leaf/Lorne and me mainly) and so all it needs is Gem to activate her account and you and her can start something.
Back to top Go down
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 10:10 am

Gurfang wrote:

If it makes you feel any better, the Coldridge Elite was never that big anyway (Mori, Emmy, Leaf/Lorne and me mainly) and so all it needs is Gem to activate her account and you and her can start something.

Abrena too.
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 10:57 am

Aaah Caro had her cute gnome Apricot ^^
Back to top Go down
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 10:59 am

No, Todeskin... Apricot was Leaf/Lornes
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 11:15 am

Aaah that was the name Todeskin, Caro was always one of my best friends in SWO..
Back to top Go down
Emanee

Emanee

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 3:13 pm

Convicts aint disbanded, just I'm a lazy em!
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 4:23 pm

Argh Kenu's reply Sad

Last edited by Siheld on Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 4:44 pm

Siheld wrote:
Argh Kenu's reply Sad

If I was any good at PVP then I'd do it for you in game!
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 5:21 pm

Once again, thank you Gurf Wink

edit:

Gurfang... that is irrelevant and doesn't even make any sense.

What we have here is: "Siheld not playing in this server anymore" doesn't stop him being an attention *!%@%, obviously.

I hope you can see the difference and understand what i meant with my poor English.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q u o t e:
Why can't you take his post for what it is, him hoping to encourage and inspire people to increase and improve on what we have?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am aware this thread helped a RP related discussion start thanks to useful input from some people. But this didn't stop me from thinking and wanted to show people that Siheld's first post and his arguments in it are either empty, useless or nothing new and centered around his attention seeking and self promoting personality on forums. (Maybe I am wrong, maybe he is different in RL, but this is what i think after reading many posts of him in the forums. Sadly ignore facility on the forums are useless, and even then people can always make other people post on behalf of them.)

Despite all that, If you read my first post in the thread, you'll see my opinion on topic as well.

It's not like I ignored everything he said and left the thread in flames. I actually read his post carefully and written a post under it myself, it's up to you to see what i wrote as a mere flaming post or a serious response.

ATLEAST I HAVE PEOPLE WHO LOVE ME!
Sad Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 6:24 pm

Siheld wrote:
Once again, thank you Gurf Wink

edit:

Gurfang... that is irrelevant and doesn't even make any sense.

What we have here is: "Siheld not playing in this server anymore" doesn't stop him being an attention *!%@%, obviously.

I hope you can see the difference and understand what i meant with my poor English.

Q u o t e:
Why can't you take his post for what it is, him hoping to encourage and inspire people to increase and improve on what we have?

I am aware this thread helped a RP related discussion start thanks to useful input from some people. But this didn't stop me from thinking and wanted to show people that Siheld's first post and his arguments in it are either empty, useless or nothing new and centered around his attention seeking and self promoting personality on forums. (Maybe I am wrong, maybe he is different in RL, but this is what i think after reading many posts of him in the forums. Sadly ignore facility on the forums are useless, and even then people can always make other people post on behalf of them.)

Despite all that, If you read my first post in the thread, you'll see my opinion on topic as well.

It's not like I ignored everything he said and left the thread in flames. I actually read his post carefully and written a post under it myself, it's up to you to see what i wrote as a mere flaming post or a serious response.

ATLEAST I HAVE PEOPLE WHO LOVE ME!
Sad Sad

Consider him suitably told!
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 6:42 pm

Aah gurf, Thank you!
To bad the post de-railed a bit, but I think I atleast opened a few people's eyes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 9:22 pm

Siheld wrote:
Aah gurf, Thank you!
To bad the post de-railed a bit, but I think I atleast opened a few people's eyes.

It seems that we've been rumbled! Let's get out of here and insult the tosser elsewhere!

I love that Kenu, such an intelligent chappy with such an acute perception of what is right and wrong in an argument. And he never stoops so low as to alter someone's post in an edit so that he looks like he's taking the piss out of them!

For those who haven't guessed already, I am taking the piss for Kenu's benefit alone. Feel free to move on and let him stew over how he should respond
Back to top Go down
Kenu

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 10:20 pm

Quote :
It seems that we've been rumbled! Let's get out of here and insult the tosser elsewhere!

I love that Kenu, such an intelligent chappy with such an acute perception of what is right and wrong in an argument. And he never stoops so low as to alter someone's post in an edit so that he looks like he's taking the piss out of them!

thanks for kind words Gurfang.

you don't have to like everyone, you don't have to believe the sincerity in their words. but insults don't fix anything. if it would, me saying "Gurfang you are an ass-licker" in the forums several times would at least make a change on you...

if you actually have something to say about why i am right or wrong, go ahead. let us discuss. but instead of that, you calling me retard and what i wrote bullshit just makes me feel really sorry for you.

and yes i think Siheld is a terrible attention whore, and with my edited quote of him i tried to show the screwed up points in his post for Siheld and other attention whores reading it, as a sample.

don't take it as a personal attack Siheld, my aim in my post was honestly to show people something they didn't notice and they weren't expecting for. i might be right or wrong about Sihelf, but hopefully people reading my posts will give a thought about it and an awareness against attention whoring will arise which hopefully will decrease the ammount of attention seekers we face in the forums and we'll see less empty comments written... just to be written.

Quote :
For those who haven't guessed already, I am taking the piss for Kenu's benefit alone. Feel free to move on and let him stew over how he should respond

Well, this was my response to you Gurfang, thank you.

with love,

Kenu

p.s i don't fancy insult exchanging in SSL forums when there is an easier option called report.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? Empty

Back to top Go down

Time for a change, yes we can?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next