We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[SSL-RPPVP] Warsong Pit - By Yrgawash

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

[SSL-RPPVP] Warsong Pit - By Yrgawash Empty
PostSubject: [SSL-RPPVP] Warsong Pit - By Yrgawash   [SSL-RPPVP] Warsong Pit - By Yrgawash EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 10:46 am

This is a simple dueling event. I'm starting this in conjunction of my guild (i hope they agree Razz).

Every Wednesday from 21 CET (20 GMT), i will host an RP dueling event, the Warsong Pit in Conquest Hold.

I hope every Hordie knows about the arena in the Hold, well that is just the place where we'll be engaged in glorious fights! Since it's a great place, and it's the Warsong Blades HQ in Northrend, it's an obvious choice for me, also, Grizzly Hills is a great place for old school World PvP considering the lore.

How can the Alliance get involved in this? Come raid us if you can, i dare challenge you while we are there!
If enough numbers are gathered we can chase each other through the whole of Grizzly.

And even if Allies do not show, we can have some fun 1v1 PvP and improve our skills.

Even though i will be RPing, i welcome anyone who only want's to participate in the duels if he/she keeps the chat clean Smile!
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: [SSL-RPPVP] Warsong Pit - By Yrgawash   [SSL-RPPVP] Warsong Pit - By Yrgawash EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 12:11 pm

latest reply from Yrgawash - any volunteers to run this while he's away? - Vyp

I'm going to be inactive in the next few weeks (RL reasons), so if there is anyone out there, who want's to pick organizing this event up, and will do so responsibly, I'll gladly hand it over.

Any detail can be found in the thread.

The current victor is Castelyn, he is holding the Victor's Horn. (a grey item : pearly horn).
That has to be handed over if there will be someone taking the title.

Thank you!

Ps.: I was thinking about renaming the event Conquest Pit, since that is where we hold it and it's a more separate title (not orcish).
[ Post edited by Yrgawash ]
Back to top Go down
Malicestrom

Malicestrom

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: [SSL-RPPVP] Warsong Pit - By Yrgawash   [SSL-RPPVP] Warsong Pit - By Yrgawash EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 11:29 pm

I think Lynnora is thinking to take this over. I'm considering the offer to do so also.

Will post in about a day's time! Yay for short notice.
Back to top Go down
Katalmach

Katalmach

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: [SSL-RPPVP] Warsong Pit - By Yrgawash   [SSL-RPPVP] Warsong Pit - By Yrgawash EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 1:18 am

Just a quick few thoughts on the topic.

I believe this event was inspired by our "weekly rollcall" events that we started fairly recently in Conquest Hold. Dueling in the pitt became a regular occurance. The event as written on the Realm forum is entirely Yrgawash's baby though. It was his decision to make a public event and to extend it to OOCers. It was great that he did, because it seems to have brought people a good amount of fun. However, WSB guild leadership has been largely uninvolved thus far.

When Yrgawash announced taking time off, he brought it to the guild to see if anyone wanted to take over the running of the open event. Unfortunatly, the event takes place at the same time as our officer meetings, and I have become pretty attached to our current structure. I do kinda like the fact that non-WSB are taking it over, however.

Why am I saying this? Not at all because I want to distance the guild from the event. Partly to explain why I and my officers are not more involved in it than we are.

Pretty much it boils down to two things though

A) To whoever takes over the event; I might not actively be involved in it, but WSB members are likely to remain a staple in the event. So please feel free to contact me about anything regarding this if you want input, contributions or assistance. I will do what I can, and try to get WSB members who will do likewise.

and this is especially important,

B) Please be aware that Wednesday nights are the nights we RP around Conquest Hold. I ask that people take that into consideration; the place is a fortress, and we are part of the army there. We are an authoritarian presence there, and we do not enjoy being "rofl!RP!"'d at, nor do we enjoy having other RPers crash our RP without respect for our guild lore. Not that we have had any problems with that so far, I would simply like to see that it remains a problem-free event. Please read this as a friendly request rather than an indignant demand. Smile

I enjoy having other RPers around our barracks. I like promoting RP in Northrend, and I hope this event continues to be a success.
Back to top Go down
Malicestrom

Malicestrom

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: [SSL-RPPVP] Warsong Pit - By Yrgawash   [SSL-RPPVP] Warsong Pit - By Yrgawash EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 10:22 am

Okidok, so I will be using an orc alt to help keep this up then!
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: [SSL-RPPVP] Warsong Pit - By Yrgawash   [SSL-RPPVP] Warsong Pit - By Yrgawash EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 6:57 am

Had great fun at this event last night (despite the embrassment of everybody seeing how much i suck at duelling Wink ). Thanks to Lynn and Malice for kepping it going cheers
Back to top Go down
Tyragon Shademourn

Tyragon Shademourn

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: [SSL-RPPVP] Warsong Pit - By Yrgawash   [SSL-RPPVP] Warsong Pit - By Yrgawash EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 4:48 am

Is the event still around and running? Just curious, might stop by and watch or even participate.
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: [SSL-RPPVP] Warsong Pit - By Yrgawash   [SSL-RPPVP] Warsong Pit - By Yrgawash EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 5:10 am

yup, there's a small but dedicated group that turn up every week Smile
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: [SSL-RPPVP] Warsong Pit - By Yrgawash   [SSL-RPPVP] Warsong Pit - By Yrgawash EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 3:39 pm

This event is now being run by Rokalm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SSL-RPPVP] Warsong Pit - By Yrgawash   [SSL-RPPVP] Warsong Pit - By Yrgawash Empty

Back to top Go down

[SSL-RPPVP] Warsong Pit - By Yrgawash
Page 1 of 1