We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

1st Kalimdor Road Rash

Go down 
+5
Snicka
Siheld
Nerissa
Shadowtroll
Vypra
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

1st   Kalimdor Road Rash Empty
PostSubject: 1st Kalimdor Road Rash   1st   Kalimdor Road Rash EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 3:22 pm

Great fun was had by all. Here' some screenies:

1st   Kalimdor Road Rash Image00002q

the racers arrive

1st   Kalimdor Road Rash Image00008z

and line up on the starting grid

1st   Kalimdor Road Rash Image00010n

we thought Ryleen ro be an early casualty as she 'fell' off the great lift but she made a come back

1st   Kalimdor Road Rash Image00013

as Vypra went from 1st place

1st   Kalimdor Road Rash Image00016n

to last

1st   Kalimdor Road Rash Image00017w

and they arrived in Everlook

1st   Kalimdor Road Rash Image00018

with Crowley and his trusty navigstor, Nerissa, the eventual winners!

Last edited by Vypra on Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: 1st Kalimdor Road Rash   1st   Kalimdor Road Rash EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 3:50 pm

I blame exams and Vexacus forgetting to enter Vypra's msn for the fact that the SSD article will be a tad late.

"Damn these darn goblins stole me story!"

Grum One Eye "The Watcher"

Looks like a great event by the way, congratulations I hope over time and with the help of RP mass media it will soon become more populated and known just as some more Alliance competition!
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm

PostSubject: Re: 1st Kalimdor Road Rash   1st   Kalimdor Road Rash EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 5:11 pm

Sorry Vex, I would have delayed the others but I was working Sad
Looks like good fun though, maybe I'll be able to do something with the next one.
Back to top Go down
Nerissa

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: 1st Kalimdor Road Rash   1st   Kalimdor Road Rash EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 7:59 pm

Vypra wrote:
with Crowley the eventual winner!
And Nerissa! He couldn't have done it without his faithful navigator! Wink
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: 1st Kalimdor Road Rash   1st   Kalimdor Road Rash EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 8:25 pm

Aaah this really looks like an awesome event!
I think it was a great succes, next month again!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st Kalimdor Road Rash   1st   Kalimdor Road Rash EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 8:43 pm

Do carrot on a stick and riding crop work on a hog?
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: 1st Kalimdor Road Rash   1st   Kalimdor Road Rash EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 9:32 pm

The Goblin Gazette's report on the race is up!

I snatched two of the images above for the article, however, they are too large; Gurf, can you please fix them for me to be the proper size?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st Kalimdor Road Rash   1st   Kalimdor Road Rash EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 9:39 pm

Done
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

PostSubject: Re: 1st Kalimdor Road Rash   1st   Kalimdor Road Rash EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 9:58 pm

Thanks, Gurf, for fixing it!
And thanks, Vypra, Vexacus and Ryleen, for the interviews. Smile
Can someone post it to the realm forums?
Back to top Go down
Ryleen

Ryleen

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: 1st Kalimdor Road Rash   1st   Kalimdor Road Rash EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 10:31 pm

Gurfang wrote:

all
mount speed enhancing items and enchantments nowadays have "Only work at lvl 70 or below" attached to them, for some reason. I think the only way to go faster is to get a pet pally and put it in the sidecart. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://aldriona.deviantart.com

PostSubject: Re: 1st Kalimdor Road Rash   1st   Kalimdor Road Rash EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 11:32 pm

Ryleen wrote:
Gurfang wrote:

all
mount speed enhancing items and enchantments nowadays have "Only work at lvl 70 or below" attached to them, for some reason. I think the only way to go faster is to get a pet pally and put it in the sidecart. Smile

Hmm, that's a shame. Although, amusingly, if you'd had a lvl 60-70 paladin on their horse you'd have been thrashed!
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: 1st Kalimdor Road Rash   1st   Kalimdor Road Rash EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 11:52 pm

Nerissa wrote:
Vypra wrote:
with Crowley the eventual winner!
And Nerissa! He couldn't have done it without his faithful navigator! Wink

Fixed it. My apologies for not including you in the 1st draft Wink
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881

PostSubject: Re: 1st Kalimdor Road Rash   1st   Kalimdor Road Rash EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 5:48 pm

Loved the article. The stuff about Aeol ganking that elf at the end made me chuckle too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

PostSubject: Re: 1st Kalimdor Road Rash   1st   Kalimdor Road Rash EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 6:56 pm

Vexacus wrote:
Loved the article. The stuff about Aeol ganking that elf at the end made me chuckle too. Very Happy

I'm glad you liked it. Smile Have I guessed Vexa's age correctly, or have I totally missed it? Razz
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881

PostSubject: Re: 1st Kalimdor Road Rash   1st   Kalimdor Road Rash EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 8:33 pm

Snicka wrote:
I'm glad you liked it. Smile Have I guessed Vexa's age correctly, or have I totally missed it? Razz

I think he prefers not to tell people his true age, as it might cause people to start asking questions.
All I will say is he looks old.
The rpg book mentions 60 as "old", 85 as venerable.
So 58 is probably not that bad. Wink
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

PostSubject: Re: 1st Kalimdor Road Rash   1st   Kalimdor Road Rash EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 3:55 pm

Wiki article has been created. Feel free to add extra information.
Back to top Go down
Aeolthelwen

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: Re: 1st Kalimdor Road Rash   1st   Kalimdor Road Rash EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 8:30 am

Gurfang wrote:
Ryleen wrote:
Gurfang wrote:

all

Hmm, that's a shame. Although, amusingly, if you'd had a lvl 60-70 paladin on their horse you'd have been thrashed!

If the pally would be in one's bike than we would all just hug the bike as the aura goes for the whole raid :p
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st Kalimdor Road Rash   1st   Kalimdor Road Rash EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 8:36 am

Aeolthelwen wrote:
Gurfang wrote:
Ryleen wrote:
Gurfang wrote:

all

If the pally would be in one's bike than we would all just hug the bike as the aura goes for the whole raid :p

But if the pally had mithril spurs AND a riding crop then he'd have moved ahead of you and you'd have lost the aura.
Back to top Go down
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: 1st Kalimdor Road Rash   1st   Kalimdor Road Rash EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 8:39 am

Gurfang wrote:
Aeolthelwen wrote:
Gurfang wrote:
Ryleen wrote:
Gurfang wrote:

all

But if the pally had mithril spurs AND a riding crop then he'd have moved ahead of you and you'd have lost the aura.

*cough*doesn't stack*cough*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st Kalimdor Road Rash   1st   Kalimdor Road Rash EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 8:42 am

Morgalyen wrote:
Gurfang wrote:
Aeolthelwen wrote:
Gurfang wrote:
Ryleen wrote:
Gurfang wrote:

all

*cough*doesn't stack*cough*

Even better, remove the aura and whilst all the lvl 80's go at standard speed the lvl 70 with the mithril spurs and riding crop (or just a riding crop if the spurs and crop don't stack) will speed ahead until he's over 40 yards away and then kick in the aura.
Back to top Go down
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: 1st Kalimdor Road Rash   1st   Kalimdor Road Rash EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 8:46 am

Spurs, Carrot, enchant stack giving 218%
Crop gives 220%
Pally gives ..... more...

No other combinations possible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st Kalimdor Road Rash   1st   Kalimdor Road Rash EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 9:05 am

Morgalyen wrote:
Spurs, Carrot, enchant stack giving 218%
Crop gives 220%
Pally gives ..... more...

No other combinations possible.

Yeah, but the aura gives to the whole group, so long as they are within 40 yards, so crop for the lead and aura to extend further.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st Kalimdor Road Rash   1st   Kalimdor Road Rash Empty

Back to top Go down

1st Kalimdor Road Rash
Page 1 of 1