We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Been a long hard road.

Go down 
+13
Leaf
Xariandra
Quintilius
Shadowtroll
Estel'wenil
Macloren
Kadris
Chowlawu
Opathu
Ryleen
Vypra
Siheld
Tivak
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Tivak

Tivak

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Been a long hard road. Empty
PostSubject: Been a long hard road.   Been a long hard road. EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 7:36 am

Hi all.

It is with some regret to tell everyone that I am going to quitting rp to persue new things in the game. I'm going to put RP second and join a pve guild. My reasons are simply that I am tired of all the petty arguements and the ooc crap between guilds that somehow ends up being my problem. I wont be getting invovled in any serious plots and I may come to the keel when I'm not raiding for some casual RP (and log my troll).
I have simply had enough and I would like to pursue other aspects of the game. Simply put I just want to play the game at this point without any pressure. My efforts to bring the RP community together more oocly have failed and I've simply had enough.
I have alot of people to thank for making my time in the RP community enjoyable and I'm not gonna list them because you know who you are.
I wish you all the best and I hope you all find what you are looking for.
-Krohlm/Tivak
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Been a long hard road.   Been a long hard road. EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 7:47 am

Nooo Sad
Quitting RP is not easy, but it is do-able *peers at Xari*
Goodluck with the PVE, and I hope you kick ass!
You are still going to stay here right?
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Been a long hard road.   Been a long hard road. EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 7:49 am

I'm really sad to be reading these words. The efforts you have put into the rp aspect of the game have been amazing and I certainly know how exhausting it can be.

I'm not sure how, but i seem to manage to avoid the worst of the drama that occasionally ensues so i'm not sure what has happen here but i really hope that this is just you taking a break to recharge and we'll see you back in the thick of things in the future.

If not, then thanks again for all the input you've had and remember you are always welcome here on the forum and at the Keel should you decide to stop by.

Good Luck with the raiding and cya round.
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Ryleen

Ryleen

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Been a long hard road.   Been a long hard road. EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 9:21 am

Sad Everyone I like seems to be quitting rp or talking about quitting. I'm going to miss you.
Back to top Go down
http://aldriona.deviantart.com
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Been a long hard road.   Been a long hard road. EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 9:54 am

Ho-hum ... time for a brai then mate? Come to think of it, I ain't seen ya around for ages ... life busy I guess, here too.

((but y so srius?))
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
Chowlawu

Chowlawu

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Been a long hard road.   Been a long hard road. EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 10:21 am

You'll be missed, I hope all goes well with the raiding.

This is exactly why I set up the raid group, but some people need a little more. I understand that.
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Been a long hard road.   Been a long hard road. EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 10:30 am

Well, somebody correct me if i'm wrong but this seems more a case of turning to raiding to get away from the stress of trying to organise rp rather than turning away from rp to go raiding.

Similar to how Xari felt i should imagine.
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Kadris

Kadris

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Been a long hard road.   Been a long hard road. EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 11:10 am

No I are not wanting you to quit rp...

Instead of trying to organise, could you not just sit back and enjoy the ride?

I'll miss our arrr peeee when I'm back.
Back to top Go down
Chowlawu

Chowlawu

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Been a long hard road.   Been a long hard road. EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 11:32 am

Initially, the raids were an escape from rp, something different to do twice a week.
Back to top Go down
Macloren

Macloren

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Been a long hard road.   Been a long hard road. EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 12:11 pm

You suck Tiv, just when I was coming to play on the hord side wioth y'all.

*runs off to sulk in his room*

I'm a very sad Lord Militant. Sad
Back to top Go down
Estel'wenil

Estel'wenil

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Been a long hard road.   Been a long hard road. EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 12:50 pm

**Zuljah runs after y'all to give the sulking troll a hug.
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519

PostSubject: Re: Been a long hard road.   Been a long hard road. EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 1:11 pm

Sorry to hear so Tiv, yup you will be missed and what can I say more? Good luck with PvE and you know your always welcome to come back Smile
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Been a long hard road.   Been a long hard road. EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 2:51 pm

Ta ta. Haff fun.
Back to top Go down
Xariandra

Xariandra

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Been a long hard road.   Been a long hard road. EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 6:18 pm

Yep, sounds to me you've gone almost through the exact thing like me. I hate to say it but it was a very good decision for me personally, I actually have a lot more fun in the game now and all forms of drama are gone for me.. WoW simply isn't made for RP tbh. Not trying to discourage RP here, don't get me wrong, but.. Well I already explained in my quitting RP-post how I felt about it :p
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Been a long hard road.   Been a long hard road. EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 5:31 am

*feel

Otherwise you'd still be RPing, yes?
Back to top Go down
Dracanos

Dracanos

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Been a long hard road.   Been a long hard road. EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 1:13 pm

Xariandra wrote:
Yep, sounds to me you've gone almost through the exact thing like me. I hate to say it but it was a very good decision for me personally, I actually have a lot more fun in the game now and all forms of drama are gone for me.. WoW simply isn't made for RP tbh. Not trying to discourage RP here, don't get me wrong, but.. Well I already explained in my quitting RP-post how I felt about it :p

Hm.. if you don't do rp, why you still here? oO

I'm sorry to hear about that Tiv, we had some good times in the House.. Personally, I can't do only rp, hence why I go raiding with the rp lot whenever I'm thrown an invite (though I haven't recieved any since I changed my name back :/). I can only hope you have fun, and the best of luck!
Back to top Go down
http://hos.ownbb.com/index.php
Leaf

Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Been a long hard road.   Been a long hard road. EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 2:16 pm

You can be supportive of and knowledgeable about RP, and the general RP scene/community, without doing it actively, given it won't be as good as someone who's in the shit it's still good enough to not be kick dropped out of these forums.

"Wtf, you ain't RPing actively... /ban" seems a bit, wrong.

Even "Wtf, I'm not even Rping actively... /selfban" is a bit weird.

Nothing wrong with hanging around after "leaving RP" - that's essentially what I've done, though not really intentional.
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519

PostSubject: Re: Been a long hard road.   Been a long hard road. EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 2:23 pm

IF WAL would follow the above example we would have less activity of great ex-players who still want to keep track on things on SSL.

I still agree that just saying WoW isnt working for RP is kinda hmm too harsh, we all have experienced the lolboy and OOC idiots who exist on every server, just from own bad situations to state this wont work aint right either.
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Xariandra

Xariandra

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Been a long hard road.   Been a long hard road. EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 8:17 pm

Not that it doesn't work for RP, otherwise there wouldn't be RP servers, but, for example, game mechanics get a HUGE priority as opposed to lore and such, just look at for example NE female druids. Lorewise they dont even exist Smile You can't attack anyone of the same faction, etc..
That's why I say it isn't built for RP.

And @ Dracanos, I can't just abondon all my friends on SSL because I quit RP, RPers and OOCers alike :/
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Been a long hard road.   Been a long hard road. EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 9:28 pm

Dracanos wrote:
Hm.. if you don't do rp, why you still here? oO

You can ask as well, what are people like me, who don't play at all, doing on this forum... Razz
The fact that Xari - and now Tivak - don't actively RP, doesn't mean they are against RP, does it?
And, as Xari said, you don't abandon your friends just because you don't practice a hobby of yours anymore...
Back to top Go down
Archnazg

Archnazg

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Been a long hard road.   Been a long hard road. EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 9:32 pm

The drama is indeed pretty tiring, I understand that. Well best of luck mate. Hope it plays out wel for you =]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Been a long hard road.   Been a long hard road. EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 12:45 pm

So does this mean that my 2 months without internet has been a well-timed break?

I hope you still join in in the social element of the RPers group, Tiv, as it will be a poorer place without you.
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Been a long hard road.   Been a long hard road. EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 1:10 pm

Gurfang wrote:
So does this mean that my 2 months without internet has been a well-timed break?

I hope you still join in in the social element of the RPers group, Tiv, as it will be a poorer place without you.

There's only so many old ladies one can murder in the sticks, eh Gurf Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net

PostSubject: Re: Been a long hard road.   Been a long hard road. EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 1:29 pm

Opathu wrote:
Gurfang wrote:

There's only so many old ladies one can murder in the sticks, eh Gurf Wink

Haven't started on that yet, still trying to get them to make me sole beneficiary in their wills!
Back to top Go down
Emanee

Emanee

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Been a long hard road.   Been a long hard road. EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 1:56 pm

Sad sad to read this.

(yea I'm around this forums much >.<)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Been a long hard road.   Been a long hard road. Empty

Back to top Go down

Been a long hard road.
Page 1 of 1