We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tales of the Past - The Theatre captures Vainia

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Tales of the Past - The Theatre captures Vainia Empty
PostSubject: Tales of the Past - The Theatre captures Vainia   Tales of the Past - The Theatre captures Vainia EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 12:21 pm

((Back in the day The Theatre of Cruelty was in an IC war with the alliance guild The Exiles. Vainia was a night elf and one of its members))

((The Theatre have captured the exile Vainia.. ))

The Theatre Guild hall.

A haze of apple-scented smoke lay heavy in the air and soft chatter, broken by the occascional outburst of laughter, governed the halls. A few people had gathered around a table playing cards, shotting down pastis and bubbling happily away on a hooka the size of a small man. Every table in the hall now served as pedestals for these huge water-pipes, it had become the latest craze ever since the rumor that it was Opathu's favourite past-time had broke out.

The heavy iron-bound doors leading out the the world beyond opened with a dull crash. The plethora of sounds dwindled and all eyes turned lazily towards the doors. Quintilius strode in with a triumphant grin, followed by Adra the guild smith. Quintilius raised his fist, holding a chain that led to an iron collar clamped around a huddling night elfs neck.

" I, Quintilius Delauney, your magnificent Overseer and tactical mastermind, have done yet another great accomplishment! I have captured one of the Exiles' officers!" He pulled at the chain making the night elf woman stumble foward. "Behold! I give you Vainia, the foul stealer of eyes!"

A careful bubble of the Hooka answered him. A banjo gingerly began to play and soon the hall was yet again filled with anonyneous chatter. Quintilius visibly drooped. Somewhere he heard the familiar voice of Teeboppity yelling at him before he cought a glimpse of her running up the stairs to the living quarters.

Quintilius grumbled under his breath and pulled forcibly in the chain and barked louder thatn nescessary, "Follow me worthless wench!" He dragged her up to a great antique looing grandfather clock and pushed it aside revealing a small corridor leading into the blackness. Quintilius grabbed a torch off the wall and ventured in, Vainia trailing after him.

After several twists and turns in the pressing darkness Quintilius halted. Before them was loomed a dark wooden door. Quintilius unlocked the door with a key and pushed it open. Vainia gasped, Quintilius grinned.

the room was ripe with the smell of exotic woods, their footsteps muffled by the thick luxurious carpet. Light sparkled from crystal chandeliers, casting motes of light on the velvet-draped walls. Along them loomed great bookcases, spaced by paintings, hanging over luxurious couches, of distant lands and exotic creatures. In the centre was a great round table circled with chairs and the end of the room the silk-curtained bedstead stood.

Quintilius removed Vainia's shackles. "Yeah.. so this is you.. Sorry for the chains and stuff.. But wouldn't want you to run away and stuff." Vainia peered at him. Quintilius rubbed his neck. " Yeah, so anyways.. I guess you could read some books or something. There should be some in common here, maybe even in Thalassian. Oh.. and here.. " Quintilius fished up a bunch of bananas from a bag. "Yeah, I dunno what you night elves eat, but I thought woodpeople, right? So..erhm.. got you some bananas.. is good yeah?"

Vainia blinked. Quintilius smiled sheepishly. Vainia gingerly took the bananas. Quintilius looked at Vainia, she looked back. Somewhere in the dark a mouse scittered across the floor.

"Yeah.. so.. see you later, eh? uhm.. Yooouuu...staaaayyy.. heeeerree...oookaaay? I'll go figure out what the hell to do with you.. " Quintilius wandered off, rubbing his temples and cursing softly.
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Tales of the Past - The Theatre captures Vainia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of the Past - The Theatre captures Vainia   Tales of the Past - The Theatre captures Vainia EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 12:26 pm

Vainia is set free

"Yes well, I know the resemblance is uncanny, but its not a monkey, its an ape!"
Bubblybubbletybubblebubble....
"Well, because its all big like and..and its not one of those chimps! It's an ape"
cough!
"I hardly believe they are related.. well.. yes.. uh huh.. Yeah I've seen the way them both eat bananas but.. "

Quintilius left the table. Today's blend tasted somewhat like anis and coconut and it had made him queazy. Quintilius rocked unsteadily on his feet, a thick velvety dullness had wrapped itself around his mind.

"Mnyeah.. s'fookin' ape... shaitin' down me couchezz... " Quintilius stumbled across the floor, dodging the odd sleeping patron. He peered up at the great clock. "ss'what you tickin' at me foah? Heehee.. iss time isn't it? Yes.. fnui.. time.. mm.. Vainia.. " Quintilius swayed defiantly at the clock."That Vainia lass," he thought. "She be, uhm, kinda cute.. jus' get 'er away frum dat fookin' monk..ape.. an' we can git to know eachotha.. yess.. No need for war.. We all be friends.. " Darkness enveloped him as he entered the coridor behind the clock.

Vainia had been sleeping, but the jingle of keys and echoing giggle had awoken her. She rubbed sleep from her eyes and slowly rose from the bed. She had stayed fully dressed in hoping rescue would find her so she needed to be ready at all times. Vainia eyed the door coldly as it slid open. The bulky frame of Quintilius filled the door. He was grinning madly and Vainia instictivly pulled her cloak closer around her.

A disturbing glint shone in Quintilius' eyes as he grinningly stumbled towards her. An arrow was sticking out of his shoulder and he tugged at it idly.
"Ya see me dear.. Ya really really shud know 'ere ya go in down 'ere.. da place be riddled with things that go whiss! and boom! and chop! An' I can't for the life of me.. "Quintilius paused. "Heeeh.. thats funneh.. i can't for hte life of me remembah where they be right now.. Mm.. Bit I remembeah you.. me dear Vainia."

Vainia grimaced slightly as breath caressed her breath, but she stood her ground defiantly. Quintilius peered in her steely eyes. "Ya got glowy eyes too.. Mebbeh you an' I ain't that different from eachother, eh" Vainia clinched her fist as she felt Quintilius' hand on her waist. Her cold stare burrowing deeply in his glazed, dull look. "Ya kno'.. I like ya.. No, I really do!" Quintilius giggles horribly as he reaches up and grabs on of her breasts. Vainia sneered.

Quintilius paused, his giggle fading quickly, then he lets go of Vainia, recoiling as if burnt. He stumbles backwards sitting down heavily on a table, blinking at Vainia. "I.. I am sorry.. I shouldn't.. " Quinitlius sighed and reached up snapping off the arrow sticking out of his shoulder.
"Please.. lets go.. Follow me.." He slowly got to his feet. his grin had fallen like a shot bird and it looked like the rest of his body wanted to follow.

Vainia stared at the forsaken confused. She had thought she had to fight him off when he had layed his hands on her, but he no longer seemed like that much of a threat. And he as motioning for her to follow him out the door. Warily she followed.

Quintilius took her down the corridor, but she could tell it was not the way they had arrived from. Quintilius said nothing. The only sound breaking the silence was the flickering of the torch and the forsakens shuffling steps. A faint breeze caught Vainia's hair and she tilted her head. She could smell it. Trees! Grass! The Northern wind! It carried the stagnant taint of Elwynn, but nevertheless it made her smile.

They had reached the end. They were outside. The wind pulled at Vainias cloak as if it wanted to take her away from this place. Quintilius turned and looked at her.

"Yeah go on.. Go! Yer free.. we dun' want you .. come on.. go on now.. Why are ye lookin' at me like that? Run! Scram! I don't you comin runnin back 'ere! Go! yeah, thats it.. yeah.. you run.. hey wait! ELF PLACE THAT WAY! YEAH.. NO.. WAIT. THAT.. gah screw it.. "
Back to top Go down

Tales of the Past - The Theatre captures Vainia
Page 1 of 1