We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tales of the past -Sock Mountain

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Tales of the past -Sock Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Tales of the past -Sock Mountain   Tales of the past -Sock Mountain EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 12:06 pm

((This is a little something I wrote for fun for my alliance alt on SSL. Rotiart, the slave of Morgalyen Razz))

To my great distress I had noticed that something was missing from my Mistress' laundry!

It was two socks. Not a pair of socks, oh no, that could even have gone unnoticed, but alas it was two different socks. Only two miserable socks of different color was left, both without their twin.

I pulled at my hair in deep frustration, Oh by the holy Chains of Servitude, what shall I do? I know... I must go down to the Cleaners and conduct a more thorough Investigation of this heinious atrocity!

I astutely made my way down to the Cleaners, they were situated by the Canals, a small discreet shop with a sign easy to ignore, and unflinchingly demanded to see their wash basins, more specifically, the Sock Basins.
They tried, to no avail, to explain to me that socks allways dissapeared, that it was one of the Unexplainable things upon which The Universe existed. I laughed defiantly in their face. Ha ha ha.

They begged and groveled, but I shoved them aside and climbed the Sock Basin. I landed with cat like grace, my soles bearly making a noticeable sound on the wooden floor of the great Sock Basin. My keen sight caressed the interiors of the basin. No socks. I handsomely scratched my oiled beard. But Lo, what do i spy? Oh yes, a trap door in the middle of the floor!

The hinges disagreed loudly to my efforts, but my Strength proved to be the superior and the small door gave way. Of what was on the other side I did not know because it was wrapped in deep velvety darkness. I tapped my nose and set my jaw and with a grin I descended into the dark pit. Small wooden stairs creacked omniously under my weight, but oh, I was determined and I continued on. The unmistakeable apple-scented smell of Willipiggins Wool Softener lingered in the still air and I had to valiantly fight the urge to sneeze.

After uncountable long minutes blindly feeling my way down the steps I hit bottom. There were no more steps, all that was before me was unending cruel darkness that pressed upon me like it was a living thing determined to suffocate my sanity. I chuckled in an attempt to defy the forces against me, but doubt struck me. Was it perhaps the chuckle of madness? I pressed on.

As a man floating alone on a raft out on the eternal sea might surge up in joy of the sight or sound of an approaching ship carrying salvation, I cheered at the sight of a small light growing bigger for every faltering step I took towards it. I reached out and stumbled towards it with a glee seen in drunken men pursuing a wench or prostitute on late evenings of drinking.

The light flickered and danced like a beautiful exotic enchantress and when I came fairly close I noticed the small confining walls gave way into a broad expanse in the cave. Along the walls of the expanse hung great and heavy copper torches and the sight its crimon light revealed was near unfathomable in its extraordinance.

My attention was immidiatly drawn to the looming mountain of, did my eyes betray me? Nay, tis was as I saw, a Mountain of socks! Its size gargantuan!

Around the Sock Mountain small Imps of every imaginable color and shade danced to the deep enthralling rythms of drums. It took every last scrap of my will to resist running in and loose myself to the rythms that coiled around the room like wild euphoriated snakes!

I was dumb-founded and in my lack of thinking I took yet some more steps into the light, at which point my frame was too much revealed and my presence was immidiatly discovered. The drums stopped, the Imps dance stopped. My heart nearly stopped. 200 feet straight up through mud and stone a dog stopped, took a shait then moved on.

I stood frozen like vacuum packed coffee. A Imp that was bigger than the rest and its color, deep green like the most precious emerald, twinkling stronger, took some steps forth and called in a guttural and abyssmal voice. I heeded his beckon varily.

Perhaps men need no common laguange to understand when he is being challenged because somehow I understood that what the emerald imp wanted was a duel. The other imps slowly encircled us and sat down, some cheering in their unholy tongue. My mind had faithfully returned to me and I keenly watched the foul imp grinning at me, a lethal sheen of sickly green emnated from his sharp talons.

Oh the fight that followed was truly worthy of ten, nay, twenty epos and ballads! How fierce the imp was! How quickly his talons seared through the air seeking flesh. I had to outdo myself to keep up with its hammering blows, but with my trusty knife I danced and dodged, circled and parried.
The imp shrieked in fury and surprise at my perseverence and thus it laid itself open to me. I struck forth with unrivaled speed and determination and the sickly sound of a knife slicing its way through a wind pipe rang out.

The emerald imp fell limply to the ground, its inner color had stopped twinkling and all that was left was a bland disgusting green not worthy of notice. The other imps stared in disbelief, but held their ground.
I raised my knife from the depth of myself errupted a cry that could startle even the Gods. I made my way towards the Sock Mountain.

Ah, yes there they were. The two lost socks of which had spurred my quest into this decrepid place. One yellow with pink dots and the other with the motif of a young giraffe. Oh the feeling of Triumph raged within me and a smile came upon my face, a smile that would not loose its strength in a forthnight.

Later, back out in the blessing embrace of sunlight I made my way to my Mistress Morgalyen. Oh all i could hope for now was that my retreaval of her missing socks would spare me from her unrivaled wrath. At which thought even the oh so welcome sunlight seemed bleak and dead....
Back to top Go down
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Tales of the past -Sock Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of the past -Sock Mountain   Tales of the past -Sock Mountain EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 2:29 pm

*laughs*
Back to top Go down

Tales of the past -Sock Mountain
Page 1 of 1