We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena!

Go down 
+8
Vexacus
Archnazg
Shadowtroll
Quintilius
Avior
Snicka
Opathu
Seidra
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena!   Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:20 pm

I think his point was that seeing a RP'er tolerating and using OOC language in say chat is not a good example for RP servers who anyhow have and will probably have (in different dimensions) problems with OOC.

Therefore its not really encouraging to see it, maybe not a big deal but still.
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Seidra

Seidra

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena!   Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:24 pm

Archnazg wrote:
By the sound of your replies it's like you couldn't give a jot for the RP rules, etc. Call me elitist but I can't be arsed with folk who display their views and actions with OOC like that on the roleplayers of SSL forums.

Imagine.. One day we're in some good, serious RP. All goes well. Then the next day I ride through Dalaran to see you

"LOLOLLOLOL" in the Wintergrasp queue.

Get my point?

ignore it.. I do it so many times.. It even happened when I was RPing with some folk in UC in the most hidden places.. People came by looked and said "lol RP fail, sucks" or stuff like that..

The easiest thing in the world to do is to ignore something

the most bothersome thing to do in the world is trying to change somebody..

Therefore I choose they easy path if you want to walk on the hard one its your choice, but Im against it that people drag others with them.
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena!   Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:25 pm

hell, I'm elitist as hel. And I don't see no problem with being OOC with your character.

I don't think it's nessescary to be IC 100% of the time and that this is good RP etiquette.

Good RP etiquette is to not behave in a way that disrupts RP. Me going "Hey mate, what's up? Got that drop from naxx yet?" 5am in a near empty Dalaran with Saiha is not bad RP etiquette.

I am IC 95% of the time and I make damn sure that the last 5% of OOCism does in no way disrupt RP or annoy other IC characters, but if i am going to be told off for that cause we "rp'ers must stick together and fight the good fight cause the rulez say so" then things have become so anal that talking about bumfucking Angelina Jolie stops being off-topic.
Back to top Go down
Archnazg

Archnazg

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena!   Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:27 pm

Slight difference in OOCing in /s at 5am in some corner of Dalaran than the middle of the day at one of the busiest places.
Back to top Go down
Seidra

Seidra

PostSubject: Re: Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena!   Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:30 pm

Quintilius wrote:
so anal that talking about bumfucking Angelina Jolie stops being off-topic.

this Exclamation Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena!   Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:31 pm

Well, I tend to not do it, but I'd rather judge the rp'er on the actual rp that he does and not what he does while idling oocly some place.

Oh and, abit flushed with power there with your admin button oh squeamish S-troll?
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

PostSubject: Re: Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena!   Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:32 pm

Yea the last one was a bit too much but a bit pissed cause you killed my gnome last night, and yea I stop here.
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena!   Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:33 pm

Shadowtroll wrote:
Yea the last one was a bit too much but a bit pissed cause you killed my gnome last night, and yea I stop here.

Hey, it was a gnome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena!   Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:34 pm

Post-modern society has made people into this? I'm getting close to taking the same sort of decision as Arch on this one as it's just sad and depressing that even RPers (and respected ones at that!) have decided that they can't be arsed to follow the rules that we'd like the rest of the server to stick to.

Avior commented on (and I think Seidra did too) the amount of rules that are broken regularly by others but if I ever see someone who can't be arsed to stick to the VERY SIMPLE "no OOC in /s" rule complain about other OOC stuff (yes Quint, that includes you too) I will either laugh and ignore or rant at your hypocrisy because any comment about that from you guys isn't worth the pixels that put it on a screen!
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena!   Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:38 pm

Gurf, now you're going into that crazy mode again.

Things aren't black and white and ofcourse I still hold the right to complain about OOC stuff if it has direct impact on IC stuff.

OOCers aren't the devil. Learn to live with them and you'll still have loads of nice RP. Let yourself be annoyed by their existence and have an early heart attack.
Back to top Go down
Seidra

Seidra

PostSubject: Re: Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena!   Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:44 pm

Gurfang wrote:
Post-modern society has made people into this? I'm getting close to taking the same sort of decision as Arch on this one as it's just sad and depressing that even RPers (and respected ones at that!) have decided that they can't be arsed to follow the rules that we'd like the rest of the server to stick to.

Avior commented on (and I think Seidra did too) the amount of rules that are broken regularly by others but if I ever see someone who can't be arsed to stick to the VERY SIMPLE "no OOC in /s" rule complain about other OOC stuff (yes Quint, that includes you too) I will either laugh and ignore or rant at your hypocrisy because any comment about that from you guys isn't worth the pixels that put it on a screen!

I dont think you get the problem here Gurfang. All I am discussing here is about

-If I OOC once in a while just ignore me (and I mentioned before I tend to stay IC in places where people RP or when I see them RPing)
-It is fucking elitist to say "I am not RPing with you anymore because of your thoughts on this". This way the RP community will be divided and in the end those elitists will have only a bunch of people to RP with and I think I dont have to remind anyone here that our server has very few people that RP. Simply my thought is this kind of behaviour will simply damage the community more than benefitting it
-If people are gonne start ignoring Role Players.. fine /care their loss

Finally In my personal oppinion having hybrids in large numbers is far better than having only a bunch people.. Now Im out of the discussion because I must take a shover and go eat something byes..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena!   Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 5:15 pm

Quintilius wrote:
Gurf, now you're going into that crazy mode again.

Things aren't black and white and ofcourse I still hold the right to complain about OOC stuff if it has direct impact on IC stuff.

OOCers aren't the devil. Learn to live with them and you'll still have loads of nice RP. Let yourself be annoyed by their existence and have an early heart attack.

That's arsewaffle! Simple facts are that RPers are the ones who should be setting the standard. You let your standards slip and you lose the right to declare others to be wrong.

Now I'm not saying that OOCers are the devil, but your wishy-washy bollocks makes you part of the problem that you have moaned about in the past. It's a downward spiral from there and for a uni student who has been able to talk intelligently on many subjects not to get this is slightly worrying!

Let me spell it out in as simple a way as I can think:

RPer OOC's --> new person on the realm sees this and thinks it's ok to do --> new person starts OOCing wherever they want, becoming an OOCer --> OOCer ruins RP event --> RPer moans --> RPer OOC's (continue ad infinitum)

If you want this server to be a certain way (i.e. RP rules adhered to) then you have to keep up the standard. If you don't care about the rules then why are you here?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena!   Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 5:21 pm

Seidra wrote:
Gurfang wrote:

I dont think you get the problem here Gurfang. All I am discussing here is about

-If I OOC once in a while just ignore me (and I mentioned before I tend to stay IC in places where people RP or when I see them RPing)
-It is fucking elitist to say "I am not RPing with you anymore because of your thoughts on this". This way the RP community will be divided and in the end those elitists will have only a bunch of people to RP with and I think I dont have to remind anyone here that our server has very few people that RP. Simply my thought is this kind of behaviour will simply damage the community more than benefitting it
-If people are gonne start ignoring Role Players.. fine /care their loss

Finally In my personal oppinion having hybrids in large numbers is far better than having only a bunch people.. Now Im out of the discussion because I must take a shover and go eat something byes..

Actually, you fail to see the issue. See my comment to Quint for details.

As to you specifically, if I were to see you OOC I would possibly /w you asking you to stay IC (i.e. not OOC) or, after this thread, just report your comment as spam, thus leaving you ignored by all my characters. Now this may mean that you are later a part of an event which I am a part of and I just don't see you say anything.

To say that it is elitist is crap. It is saying that I would rather RP with people that care about the RP ruleset than people that end up encouraging more rule breaking. If that means that I have only a small group of people to RP with I don't care. Quality>quantity any day of the week and twice at weekends!
Back to top Go down
Avior

Avior

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena!   Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 5:34 pm

Guys,just...shut up,will ya?
I didn't know it was actually against the rules so i never cared about it.Now i do know,and i'll try to avoid it.I still don't really care about others OOCing or not.Simple as that.
Just decide for yourself and stop the meaningless discussion that involves insulting each others' PoV.

And to be completely honest,i really-really don't like Gurf's attitude lately,so i don't really care if he wouldn't wish to RP with me one day.I'll just find some other ppl who would.
I also won't go "LOL you're ArPeeing with a guy named Shadowtroll" and stuff.Following or not following some specific rules has nothing to do with RP.People are what really matters.
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

PostSubject: Re: Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena!   Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 5:38 pm

Avior wrote:
I also won't go "LOL you're ArPeeing with a guy named Shadowtroll" and stuff.Following or not following some specific rules has nothing to do with RP.People are what really matters.

Argh feel the love! xD
Back to top Go down
Avior

Avior

PostSubject: Re: Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena!   Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 5:46 pm

Shadowtroll wrote:
Avior wrote:

Argh feel the love! xD

No offence,Shadow,<3 your name and all,it even lets me call you Shadowlol from time to time Laughing
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena!   Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 5:46 pm

Okey.

I've tried to reply to your post thrice now Gurfang and ended up deleting it everytime so it would seem that your massive display of bullshit has rendered me utterly incapable of coming up with a serious reply to your post. It's just beyond what I can really be arsed to deal with, so I will just dismiss it as some sort of involuntary troll post from your side and happily move on, gratefully knowing that what I do in wow is utterly and completely unnafected by whatever anally retentive thoughts you may have upon the subject or upon my person. To say it in other words; I refuse to punish my mind by giving a fuck about what you say.

Good day to you and thanks for the initial laugh your post gave me.

Edit: And agree with Avior. Following the rules has nothing to do about what RP is really about.
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena!   Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 6:29 pm

The only problem that I can see is to know whether or not the people around you are OOC or not, whether their RP is being affected by your OOC or not.

That said, yes I've been OOC in /say in the middle of Stormwind.

Ok, to those that went bananas because "known and respected RPers are of this opinion" can just ponder this. How many times have you gone through a busy street or whatever and sworn that you saw a mate of yours and then it turns out it wasn't? To me that happens quite a lot. See where I'm going with this? The cities in WoW are supposed to be a lot more populated anyway.

Sure, you may listen in on conversations while trotting through the city (still talking about RL here) or something like that, but more often than not you'll just hear jibber jabber and the occasional half-sentence. That's the OOC of real life, so to speak. And that person you thought were your friend, was just the RPer that was OOC for the second time in his career (that you've seen).

This is the mindset. You see Quint, you're sure it's him, you then hear his going OOC... "Oh, looks like it wasn't him afterall". You walk away.

OOC doesn't need to affect RP when it's not meant to do so. Difference is when the OOC is meant to disrupt, or so much in your face that it can't be ignored. That's the RL drunkard that's living in his own little world, screaming and trying to start fights with people.

Edit: So the issue here is that some people are pointing fingers in-game in the same manner that people in real life would call regular people drunkards and insurgents when they're obviously not.

Tony walks through Stockholm and notice someone that looks just like his friend Dan, and walks a bit faster to catch up to him and then see that it's not, and thus begins asking the person why he's not Dan.

Last edited by Leaf on Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena!   Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 6:31 pm

This is an interesting debate to say the least and I also have quite a strong opinion on this.
Let's calm it down before we are forced to twat the thread with the lockhammer.

It's Friday evening and I'm off to drink beer, hopefully I won't have to lock this one down when I come back later. Wink
Back to top Go down
Avior

Avior

PostSubject: Re: Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena!   Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 6:34 pm

Vexacus wrote:

It's Friday evening and I'm off to drink beer, hopefully I won't have to lock this one down when I come back later. Wink
Not just Friday,but Friday 13th actually Laughing
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena!   Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 6:43 pm

Vexacus wrote:
This is an interesting debate to say the least and I also have quite a strong opinion on this.
Let's calm it down before we are forced to twat the thread with the lockhammer.

No worries, I'll try to stay away from this thread as I generally don't give a crap about what people think about my "standards", it's just my love for arguments that sometimes draws me to the fire.
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

PostSubject: Re: Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena!   Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 6:45 pm

Friday the 13th, I dont believe in this crap although my day was far worse then usual.

I do as Vex and get a beer, but wont leave the PC in case of the Lockhammer Razz
Back to top Go down
Feronius

Feronius

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena!   Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 7:30 pm

"You guys are really not getting my point" keep seeing this, and I agree.. YOU guys are not getting the point Razz
yeah, this can keep going on.. so I'll leave it with the following Laughing

Avior & Shadowtroll you rock, quitte some names are forgiveable as namechanges cost money.. and shadowtroll isn't exactly a name that goes like "Lol RPserver no clue what it is, let's fuck the place up" And avior you have a point.. but well, one of Archznag posts summed it up a bit, if you want a nice RPserver you don't go OOCing yourself the next day, that's just silly.

Leaf, OOCing once or twice, on purpose or not.. is okay. But doing it on purpose on a regular basis while you claim to be an RPer, that's weird.. you can't be the American president half the time and a crackwhore the next moment, while expecting nobody raises an eyebrow at it. (yes, weird example.. but I thought I might as well seeing Angelina Jolie and stuff already came by >.>)

And I just have to say I fully agree with Archybabe on this <3 as I completly get his point and seems the other way around to.

Still turned out longer then I planned to, hehe.. ah well, play the game the way you want! Just make sure you really have fun, and stay the fuck out of my way with crap like that Laughing don't let the OOC bother us and you can do everything you like, even with angelina.. err.. let's stay on topic.. even things I or others disagree with. Fero out geek
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena!   Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 7:41 pm

I'm an RP'er and I've gone OOC in /s a few times. That doesn't make me any less of a RP'er. Hell, even Arshes went ooc.

Oh, and I don't want all the ooc'ers off this server. If they went the whole server would crash. AH would be near empty, it would be impossible to get groups for instances, and the cities would be derelict xept the Keel where all the rp'ers would sit and go "Hah, we won." *tumbleweed* "Kinda boring, but hell, we showed em!"

Fighting against OOCism in general is like pissing against the wind, its silly and you get piss all over yourself. This server is fine, you find RP when you want it, mostly, and the general horde RP populace are good RP'ers. Who cares if some of them goes OOC sometimes, they can still serve kickass RP when it matters. Pragmatism > jerking off to Rules.
Back to top Go down
Feronius

Feronius

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena!   Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 7:49 pm

Didnt say I want all OOCers gone, I just facepalm when I see a "true RPer" go OOC on purpose on frequent basis.
And a server without OOCers.. that doesnt mean kicking all people off, that means everyone having some respect for the title of the Realm (RPPvP), that's all.. and it's not a lot to ask I guess.

- Take a normal (guild)name
- Don't OOC, or just shut up, in /say and /yell.. even typing within brackets is already appreciated by RPers
- Don't ruin RP by dancing around naked near them or pranks like that all the time (it's funny once I admit Laughing )

Simple as that. And it truely IS simple, else I wouldn't be arsed to play here in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena!   Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Flash News! Huge Explosion destroys Arena!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next