We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark

Go down 
+13
Leaf
Vypra
Avior
Xariandra
Siheld
Ryleen
Alaster Grymm
Quintilius
Snicka
Dracomarius
Shadowtroll
Kaeldrin
Archnazg
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Archnazg

Archnazg

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-07-15

[RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark Empty
PostSubject: [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark   [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 1:02 pm

Nestled deep within the caverns of the Undercity, it's governor stood, hunched over a workspaced filled with bubbling vials, cauldrons and potions. All around stood huge tanks of a sickly green gas, he was working with the New Forsaken Plague. He wore a set of thick, round goggles, slowly lifting a sample of the greenish liquid into another, darker looking fluid. The sound of bubbling and hissing was the only thing to be heard, he carefully mixed them together.

Other apothecaries stood by, watching the alchemy he worked at. He continued to mix the sickly gree mixture with other, the bubbling grew ever more intense.

"Archnazg, you shold stop there--"

"Why should we?" He smiled widely, looking at the other apothecaries. "We should not fear to tamper." They were silenced and stood watching him once more. It was then that something happened, the potion blew up, the apothecaries sent flying onto the ground. Raising a brow they looked up, Archnazg stood back, peering at the mess. All the tools on the desk had been scattered around the lab.

"See... no harm done." Archnazg chuckled. It was then a greater hissing sound was heard. Their gaze darted to the sound - one of the tanks of blight had been pierced open. The tanks were all linked, and due to a change in pressure they all begun to fiz up. The skulking apothecaries began to run, they ran for the door, a few of them made it out, sealing the door behind them. It was locked, and Archnazg was still inside.

"You little RATS!" Archnazg exploded with rage and terror, a green gas had began filling the room, he panicked and to the other side of the laboratory. There stood another tank of gas, he threw it out into the blight and sent a spark of shadow at it, it exploded, parts flew everywhere, other tanks of Blight and substances blew to pieces the walls ruptured, pillers gave way, crashes of stone and metal fell down upon Archnazg.

"You infidels! Rats! You insects!" There was a vile scream of pain and terror that shook the whole of Undercity, and it ceased.

(( Yes, Archnazg is gone for now! I might bring him back one day. But he died in this explosion aparently! I've recustomised my char and am now known as Vasarche, female undead Scourge cultist! So, thankyou all who have RP'd with me on Arch, he is an an end! ^^))
Back to top Go down
Kaeldrin

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark   [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 1:08 pm

Im pretty much lost for words.

I kinda thought that HoS and Arch would come back after a break…
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark   [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 1:09 pm

Very nice read but...but...but!

Lord Archnazg Magnark DEAD!? This was honestly the last thing I expected Sad Damn this is unbelievable!
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Dracomarius

Dracomarius

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark   [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 1:15 pm

That's just what Arch wants everyone to think! Cool
Looking forward to continue roleplay with this cultist!
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark   [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 1:26 pm

Oh my... Archnazg... dead? And like this? The mighty Dark Lord dies in a laboratory explosion?

Perhaps S'troll is correct and I've started a tradition with that zeppelin crash... Razz

Anyway, Archnazg, it was great to RP with you! I loved to hate you! Smile
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519

PostSubject: Re: [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark   [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 1:27 pm

Snicka wrote:
Oh my... Archnazg... dead? And like this? The mighty Dark Lord dies in a laboratory explosion?

Perhaps S'troll is correct and I've started a tradition with that zeppelin crash... Razz

Anyway, Archnazg, it was great to RP with you! I loved to hate you! Smile

What does that mean? I am next? pale
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark   [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 1:37 pm

LFERP with new chick archie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark   [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 1:39 pm

It's just as well that resurrection is easily done in fantasy (so far Gurfang, Opathu and Emanee have died and returned to life of one form or another) otherwise we'd have lost one of the best known (and loved) characters of SSL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark   [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 3:30 pm

Rain fell down that night. A foul, dirty rain that covered the land in a grey-ish tone of dirt. Sheltered within Gallow's End, Othragon was setting up his departure to Grom'Gol when High Executor Zygrand came in and delivered the grim news.

Even though his path had set aside the Forsaken's ideals, his rotten body suddently loss strenght and was forced to sit in one of the wooden benches. Archnazg dead... his Governor, Master Apothecarium and most of all a character that vouched for him and always made his job as captain of the Dethguard an easy one, such was the expedience in wich he ruled.

Great sadness took upon Othragon that day, increasing his daily torment... However he knew deep within him that even though Archnazg's body might have been destroyed beyond repair, his essence would somehow found his way back tho his Queen once again... this last thoughts were accidentally spoken out loud, and Zygrand, that stood close, was obliged to agree:

"Let us hope so... We have taken enough blows, our cause must not be weakened in such a critical time... "

The two Forsaken silenlty nodded at each other. Even though set upon different objectives, the same will binded them... a will that would resist any change of tides and times...

(( gasp! scourge-aligned?! please tell me you'll conceal your faction, me no wantz to wage war on you, Archeh, we whaz freindz!! =/ on another note, will someone be stepping up to govern UC and the R.A.S.? i think this would amke for some intresting Rp ))
Back to top Go down
Alaster Grymm

Alaster Grymm

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark   [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 3:33 pm

((Suddenly playing Alaster is a little less fun ... I will miss the verbal sparring and careful social/political one upmanship that seemed to happen everytime we met. If a man is judged by his enemies, then I was pleased to have Archnazg numbered amongst them. He will be missed, if not actually fondly *grins*))
Back to top Go down
Ryleen

Ryleen

Number of posts : 762

PostSubject: Re: [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark   [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 4:45 pm

While I knew that you were planning to do this, it's still sad to see him go. But on the other hand, it's the player that matters, not the character, and you're still around. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://aldriona.deviantart.com
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark   [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 5:46 pm

Speechless.. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Xariandra

Xariandra

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark   [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 12:16 pm

Gurfang wrote:
It's just as well that resurrection is easily done in fantasy (so far Gurfang, Opathu and Emanee have died and returned to life of one form or another) otherwise we'd have lost one of the best known (and loved) characters of SSL.

No it isn't. You find ONE frigging example of a ressurection in the ENTIRE lore and you go screaming like a girl with a candy how ressurection is easy and always doable. Sorry to burst your bubble but it simply isn't. It's only possible if the soul isn't too detatched from the body yet, e.g. maybe a few days, through a very powerful and long ritual, and channeled by powerful casters. Keep in mind that quest you did had a quite powerful shaman to be ressurected (he was a tutor); they have a strong bond to the spirits and therefor are probably capable of staying "close" to the real world a lot longer.

Anyway sorry for that off-topic rant, I'm sure you'll enjoy the refreshment Archnazg, and scourge RP is the way to go! Very Happy

Last edited by Xariandra on Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark   [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 12:20 pm

Xariandra wrote:
Gurfang wrote:

No it isn't.

Are you being argumentative or suggesting that it isn't just as well as you like Arch to stay dead as a character?
Back to top Go down
Xariandra

Xariandra

PostSubject: Re: [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark   [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 12:21 pm

I edited my post. I don't care if Archnazg stays dead or not, I just corrected your statement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark   [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 12:29 pm

Sorry for the continued derail here Arch, but some things have to be set right.

Xari, first off resurrection in FANTASY is easy to do so long as you can come up with a viable method. Just because the actual event might take time doesn't mean that it isn't easily possible to come up with a reason for it. Second, I didn't do as you suggest, you're just annoyed that you got proved wrong. Now run along and play nicely before I get really annoyed at you and start drowning you with examples from fantasy and WoW lore of resurrection.

Anyway, back to the subject of the post. Best of luck with your new RP Arch.
Back to top Go down
Xariandra

Xariandra

PostSubject: Re: [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark   [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 12:56 pm

You didn't prove me wrong, ever. I always said that ressurection, if possible, would require a lot. You discovered, one, ONE SINGLE event in the entire lore where a ressurection happened. Name me another. You won't find any other, because you've searched for that one example for ages.

So, your statement of "You can easily find a way to ressurect" remains false.
Back to top Go down
Avior

Avior

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark   [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 1:10 pm

I feel [G.N.E.R.D. Rage] incoming!
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark   [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 1:44 pm

Xariandra wrote:
You didn't prove me wrong, ever. I always said that ressurection, if possible, would require a lot. You discovered, one, ONE SINGLE event in the entire lore where a ressurection happened. Name me another. You won't find any other, because you've searched for that one example for ages.

Sadly, (because i hate how easy Blizz -have- made it) i have to agree with Gurf. The means by which people -can- be ressurected are several. The instances in game not only incluse the one in Borean Tundra, but -also- the blood knight quest where the same knight says he's been through the ressurection many times and is getting sick of it (hence my assertion that, after a while, ppl would stop -wanting- to come back!).

However, i have to correct Gurf in that only Opa was ressurected. Gurf was reanimated (sorry, but all 3rd gen DK's were dead at some point and the Necromancers -don't- resurrect, they reanimate ) and Em.. well in Em's case, her consiousness was somehow transferred to another body (and her subconcious is running around on its own somewhere...) but lets not make things even more complicated Razz
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com

PostSubject: Re: [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark   [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 3:21 pm

Vypra wrote:
Xariandra wrote:

Sadly, (because i hate how easy Blizz -have- made it) i have to agree with Gurf. The means by which people -can- be ressurected are several. The instances in game not only incluse the one in Borean Tundra, but -also- the blood knight quest where the same knight says he's been through the ressurection many times and is getting sick of it (hence my assertion that, after a while, ppl would stop -wanting- to come back!).

However, i have to correct Gurf in that only Opa was ressurected. Gurf was reanimated (sorry, but all 3rd gen DK's were dead at some point and the Necromancers -don't- resurrect, they reanimate ) and Em.. well in Em's case, her consiousness was somehow transferred to another body (and her subconcious is running around on its own somewhere...) but lets not make things even more complicated Razz

Fair point, though I was only using "resurrect" in the general sense (e.g. bring a character back into use) so I still stand by my use of the word.
As to the term "easy", I'm talking about an RP means that you come up with, not the actual IC process. My method was DK, an EASY option. Emanee used her consciousness storyline that she'd been doing for ages, so an EASY continuation of her RP. Oppy was resurrected (as in the way that Vypra used the word) by using rituals, sacrifice and various other means that are standard (and thus EASY) fantasy fare. The actual events (like Emanee becoming a cow and Oppy waking up butt-naked and their lead up) took time and effort on the part of the characters which is only right. But coming up with a reason and method is very easy indeed if you follow the standard fantasy rules.
Back to top Go down
Xariandra

Xariandra

PostSubject: Re: [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark   [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 3:41 pm

Gurfang wrote:
Vypra wrote:
Xariandra wrote:

Fair point, though I was only using "resurrect" in the general sense (e.g. bring a character back into use) so I still stand by my use of the word.
As to the term "easy", I'm talking about an RP means that you come up with, not the actual IC process. My method was DK, an EASY option. Emanee used her consciousness storyline that she'd been doing for ages, so an EASY continuation of her RP. Oppy was resurrected (as in the way that Vypra used the word) by using rituals, sacrifice and various other means that are standard (and thus EASY) fantasy fare. The actual events (like Emanee becoming a cow and Oppy waking up butt-naked and their lead up) took time and effort on the part of the characters which is only right. But coming up with a reason and method is very easy indeed if you follow the standard fantasy rules.

Oh ok, so I partially misunderstood you, but coming back as a DK doesn't count as ressurection, that's being animated, as Vypra said. You're kept "alive" by necromantic magic. Your flesh will still decay for example. Also, I just think people shouldn't touch ressurection at all, if so many lore characters never managed to be saved. It seems too much in the direction of PowerRP of being able to die and then just come back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark   [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 3:44 pm

Gurfang wrote:
Vypra wrote:
Xariandra wrote:

Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark   [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 4:06 pm

If using a word in a sense that it's commonly not used (or never used even), you should expect to be misunderstood. Resurrect doesn't generally mean "to bring back into use", that's simplifying the English language.

One could argue that those characters that have died in Lore died at a time where the process of resurrecting, reanimating or "body jumping" wasn't as perfected as it currently is. And those that die from WoW and onwards are just unfortunate that a bunch of big, strong and burly Heroes made sure they won't come back (by magic or what have you). Or just simply because no one was able to save their spirit in time.

I simply think that there's a good reason why not even Blizzard has touched this subject other than slightly. It's too damn complicated and will mess up a whole lot if given a definite answer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark   [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 6:22 pm

Leaf wrote:
If using a word in a sense that it's commonly not used (or never used even), you should expect to be misunderstood. Resurrect doesn't generally mean "to bring back into use", that's simplifying the English language.

But it is an accepted usage, so is not out of place.
http://dictionary.reference.com/dic?q=resurrect&search=search
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark   [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 7:35 pm

I need to get a better dictionary. >_<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark   [RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark Empty

Back to top Go down

[RP] The Demise of Lord Archnazg Magnark
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next