We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Naxx raiding failing, waht to do?

Go down 
+5
Gwenderlin
Chassandra
Ryleen
Vexacus
emil_frojd
9 posters
AuthorMessage
emil_frojd

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Naxx raiding failing, waht to do? Empty
PostSubject: Naxx raiding failing, waht to do?   Naxx raiding failing, waht to do? EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 7:05 pm

It seems that most people are tired that 25 man Naxx is failing. we are running in to the brick-wall called Patchwerk again and again without result. My guess is that many don't think it is that funny to run in to brickwalls and just wiping. We were a few on LFRP who talked about it on Tuesday evening and the conclusion we came up with is that it is probably because to many of us are undergeared.

As far as I can see there are two solutions to this.

One: We give up and quit raiding together with all the fun rp people.

Or for the better and more fun version.

Two: We start doing 10 man Naxx instead. Maybe we get one or two groups it really doesn't matter. Just as long as we do it together. I know that many of you out there does it with your guild but some of the smaller RP-guilds(among them the Heritage of Zandalar) don't have that luxury since they don't even have enough level 80 for one complete 10 man group even if everyone in the guild was online.

What are your thoughts?

Personally I have great fun with all of us in the big group and on Vent and so on. I would be sad if the rp-raiding just falter and will end up not happening.

/Stargaazer
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Naxx raiding failing, waht to do?   Naxx raiding failing, waht to do? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 9:27 am

I wanted to post some thoughts on this, but don't have much time at the moment as I'm away on business.
Thanks Star for going ahead and starting the conversation.

As I mentioned in LFRP, I think the forum is a good place to discuss this. Random conversations in LFRP just won't resolve the issues, and if there is a forum why not use it?

For me the most fun aspect of these raids is messing around with people I know and having a good lol at teh chatter on vent (I need to sort my mic out too Sad). I have absolutely no problem whether the format is 10 or 25 man from my side.
In some ways I prefer the 10 man as it feels a bit more like you are contributing to the overall result too.

If gear for Naxx seems to be the issue I think Star makes a good proposal.
We could always do 25man OS and VoA each week, which seem to be less gear dependent.
This way ppl can get some easy badges and loot to gear up.

In addition to this we could go for 10 man Naxx as Star suggests.

Thats my 2 copper. Wink
Back to top Go down
Ryleen

Ryleen

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Naxx raiding failing, waht to do?   Naxx raiding failing, waht to do? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 9:51 am

I agree with what's been said already. I feel no need to rush with raiding. It would be fun to finish naxx 25man some time, but it hasn't go to be soon. we've probably got years until the next expansion, why hurry? Wink
Back to top Go down
http://aldriona.deviantart.com
Chassandra

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Naxx raiding failing, waht to do?   Naxx raiding failing, waht to do? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 10:30 am

I also agree that some of us (me included) need to gear up a bit more in Naxx-10. However, seeing as we have two wings on grind, I don't see why we couldn't continue grinding those + VoA and OS 25.
The main issue is that most of us don't do Naxx10 on regular bases. I'd therefore propose that we continue with Naxx25 (two wings), OS and VoA on wednesdays, and do Naxx10 sunday + one other day (monday/tuesday perhaps?). Might aswell keep the same raid invites, as they give a rather good overlook of who's interested.
Back to top Go down
Gwenderlin

Gwenderlin

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Naxx raiding failing, waht to do?   Naxx raiding failing, waht to do? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 10:33 am

I totaly agree there should be more 10man runs with the lfrp people in fact i berlive I said that ages ago yet people never listened and kept going to 10man and kept asking 'why cant we do this?' I think it was said clearly also by eh forgot name ^^' hehe sorry but any ways he/she said on LFRP "wait, yous doing 25man nax with out doing 10man naxx, no wonder yous are wipeing" so far everyone agrees with this why dont others see it is beyond me Razz
Back to top Go down
Ryleen

Ryleen

PostSubject: Re: Naxx raiding failing, waht to do?   Naxx raiding failing, waht to do? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 10:51 am

Reasonable as your idea sounds, Chassie, there's no way I'm going to spend three days each week in naxx/other raids. Smile Right now, I don't feel like more than once a week. But that's just me, I'm sure there are others who would gladly do it that much.
Back to top Go down
Chassandra

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Naxx raiding failing, waht to do?   Naxx raiding failing, waht to do? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 11:04 am

Raiding at all three (?) suggested times wouldn't required. I'm not able to raid more than twise each week either. It would, however, offer more oppertunities, thus allowing more to participate when it suits them.
The main risk I see is that less would feel the interest in participating in the 25-mans, giving us less a change to actually pull it off. On the other hand, the lewt is better...
Meh, feels like I'm rambling. I've stated my suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Huyana

Huyana

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Naxx raiding failing, waht to do?   Naxx raiding failing, waht to do? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 11:48 am

Well, since im well done with this discussion really, im not going to say much. But in other threads here on forums there are people who are interested heroic grind groups. Heroics are fairly easy, they drop gear that is on hight of many naxx 10 man epics, not to speak of the T7 pieces avaliable to buy with heroic badges. Atleast this would be an option for those who dont have the time to gear up too often in the other raids. There is alot of badgerewards worth getting unless you have them already.

As you describe it that patchwork is the one breaking your raids, i am convinced that the dps is the issue at hand. Its like gruul almost, a dps race before healers go oom. But, beside from that he is actually fairly easy as long as you keep offtank standing. If your having trouble on him, god help you on Thaddius or Gluth. I was never with you on the naxx 10 mans, dont know how severely you grinded that? But i absolutely encourage it becuse the more T7 cladded peeps you have in your 25 man run the better.

Anyways, very good suggestions so far on this thread, and i hope those who like to raid together in this community considers them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.noctem.phpbb24.com
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Naxx raiding failing, waht to do?   Naxx raiding failing, waht to do? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 11:52 am

I did my first 10 man raid on VoA or whatever it's called. Immediately got a Heroes Plagueheart Robe, so that was rather painless Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
emil_frojd

PostSubject: Re: Naxx raiding failing, waht to do?   Naxx raiding failing, waht to do? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 3:39 pm

Some of you are missing one big part about the 25 man Naxx as well. The last 3-4 atempts to go there we have ahd to cancel since it wasn't enough players who signed up to come. The last time we didn't even start with the invites because it was no use. So I think it would be better to start a 10 man group who can go to Naxx, Os, VoA and what not. Until we have enough people interested again and have enough gear to start doing 25 man raids.
Back to top Go down
Huyana

Huyana

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Naxx raiding failing, waht to do?   Naxx raiding failing, waht to do? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 4:06 pm

Dont think i missed anything really, as i for one, forsaw this coming.

Fendoor wrote:
..you can say that all you want - that this is for fun, no one cares about loot, we want to see the place, its supposed to be enjoyable for RPers.

Fact of the matter is still that such things aint gonna get you anywhere. What your gonna get is that people will get fed up with whiping at the same boss every week with a raid with misgeard tag-alongs. People will stop thinking its fun, and will leave elsewhere. At the end of the day its really just about the "purple pixels" as you call it, as its those items that will in the end ensure that the raid can go on and see more content. Why else would you raid?

Taken from the all over blistered and infected thread conserning how this RP-pug have been looting. Im not gloating or anything, but i feel time has shown me right. Im not part of your pugs anymore, but if for nothing else i wont mind helping out where i can if it should be needed. My own guild is preparing for naxx 10 man atm, so cant join you there but any attempts on 25 man i'll be avaliable. Im elemental dps atm, but i can ofc respecc back to resto.

Anyways, im up for Herois or VoA anytime, so just give me a whisper Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.noctem.phpbb24.com
Chowlawu

Chowlawu

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Naxx raiding failing, waht to do?   Naxx raiding failing, waht to do? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 4:14 pm

Fendoor wrote:

As you describe it that patchwork is the one breaking your raids, i am convinced that the dps is the issue at hand.

It's not the dps, we're doing fine, just the tanks and healers just can't react fast enough to the hateful strikes, they die within two minutes of engaging, there's no way we can kill him in that short time, I think the fastest PW kill so far is just over three minutes, and that's a far better geared group than we are
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881

PostSubject: Re: Naxx raiding failing, waht to do?   Naxx raiding failing, waht to do? EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 9:54 am

So there are lots of ideas thrown out here, but where does this leave us atm?

If people are doing Naxx 10 with guilds, who does that leave interested in 10 man Naxx?

Me, for starters. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ryleen

Ryleen

PostSubject: Re: Naxx raiding failing, waht to do?   Naxx raiding failing, waht to do? EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 10:51 am

I got invited to naxx10 last night with some people from the 25man (at least I think they all were, or am I confused? Alts of people in the 25man, perhaps?) Anyway, it was aweseome! We cleared more than two wings without any real trouble at all, and it felt really good. I got me a new robe too (would've had much more, if Arendei hadn't beaten me at every roll she did against me =P ). I believe that if I can do this for a while, I'm going to be much more useful when we get going with naxx25 again.
Back to top Go down
emil_frojd

PostSubject: Re: Naxx raiding failing, waht to do?   Naxx raiding failing, waht to do? EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 11:19 am

Same here, I was in that raid too. But give me a shout in game and we might be able to put you on the list for next week. It is nothing to stop us for adding more people to the list since once in a while someone is bound to be occupied and we need a replacement.
/Emil
Back to top Go down
Lyranne

Lyranne

Number of posts : 329

PostSubject: Re: Naxx raiding failing, waht to do?   Naxx raiding failing, waht to do? EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 12:43 pm

Yes, my apologies for my mini rant in lfrp the other day. I just felt that it needed to be said.

Patchwerk's probably as hard as he is for us because we end up witt more shaman healers than is ideal. Nothing against Restoration shamans, but Blizz -utterly- destroyed your mana efficiency. Until the next patch, your healing simply won't work for this boss (see what I did there?).

In all seriousness, the fight will actually become horribly hard after the patch as they're nerfing all other healing classes for mana regen (and for some reason, they felt obliged to go ahead with the Paladin one first, even though druids and Priests are more OP with efficiency... Go figure Razz).

So I suggest we take this opportunity before the mini-expansion's released to get Naxx 10-man on farm, and gear all you lovely people up! VoA, even on heroic is easy, so long as people aren't silly (Read: Keep Archavon in a dust cloud, or else the melee decide it's a comfy place to be).

OS isn't too bad either, and only really seems to be troublesome if you keep drakes alive, or else people get hit by the fire (which if all on vent, shouldn't be a problem as someone can shout where it's coming from).
But so long as people are having fun, then it's win-win. I'd never wish for people to keep at something that simply isn't enjoyable (which when Patchwerk is causing disillusionment, is clearly the case).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Naxx raiding failing, waht to do?   Naxx raiding failing, waht to do? Empty

Back to top Go down

Naxx raiding failing, waht to do?
Page 1 of 1