We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Guild concept: The Cult of the Sun God

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Guild concept: The Cult of the Sun God Empty
PostSubject: Guild concept: The Cult of the Sun God   Guild concept: The Cult of the Sun God EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 8:46 pm

copied from: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=7191050976&sid=1

There isn’t very much roleplayed IC religions going on at the moment. Player nelfs are usually worshippers of Elune, and paladins and priests worship the Holy Light. There’s some random babble about shamanistic customs around the Horde, but this is pretty random. Even Forgotten Shadow is little neglected by what I’ve seen.

<The Cult of the Sun God> is supposed to be an IC religion, based around Al’ar the prime phoenix deity, also symboling the Everlasting Sun. Thus the cultists are sun-worshippers, using sunlight and fire in their rituals, and honoring times such as sunsets and mornings (the primordial phoenix burning to death and then being born from the ashes again) and Midsummer. The phoenix god gives power and insight not only to her priests, but also fire magicians, fighters and common folk (ability to see through illusions, to make decisions, courage). Worshippers are mostly blood elves, since the cult is an ancient high elven tradition.

The cult has one caveat, however. Prince Kael’thas was the last Sunstrider to claim the throne of Quel’thalas. Al’ar was his mystical protector, and the protector of the Phoenix Throne. Upon Kael’s betrayal the royal line broke, and the usurper Lor’themar Theron outlawed the Cult of the Sun God. Now its practices are done in secrecy, and the worshippers have little love for the new government of Silvermoon City. They tell stories of how Kael’thas actually never betrayed the blood elves, but how he was blackmailed and brought down by a foreign conspiracy. Some even say he’s not dead at all, but merely hiding, and waiting for the right time to return and take back his throne.

So, members of the cult are also rebels of sort, with the theme that of Robin Hood – righteous men and women of the Eversong Woods waiting for the return of the true king. Not every member openly opposes the new government. Most of them still want to live in peace in Silvermoon City, and their opposition is more quiet sort. They would perhaps rise against Lor’themar en masse if Kael’thas would truly return in all his glory, but until that day comes they will lay low and rather practice their religion in shadows and at desolate locations.

What the Cult needs?

Priests
This doesn’t necessarily mean priest-class characters, but rather all dedicated player characters who like to organize cult events, debate on sun/fire/Light mysticism, teach those who seek knowledge about these matters, and so on. When you join the guild, tell if you’re interested to play a priest of the Cult. Otherwise you’re just considered to be a common member. See: Worshippers.

Worshippers
These are the very bulk of the Sun God’s cult. They come from all corners of the blood elven society, being common citizens and adventurers alike. Some of them have strong dedication towards the Sun God, and for others its just a sensible set of old rituals they find comfortable in these times of woe. Some worshippers would die for their beliefs, while others would not. Worshippers may attend to the cult’s meetings, but they are not obligated to obey its priests. Many still choose to do so, out of respect. The Sun God’s wisdom is openly taught to all worshippers, but they are rarely taught the actual fire and Light magic that is reserved for the initiated priesthood.

What is the Cult roleplaying supposed to be like?

Meetings are based around the cult rituals. It may involve priests speaking, stories being told, dancing around fires, and fire-magics conjured to honor Al’ar. This is only the shell of the event, however. Events are supposed to be relaxed gatherings, where members can hang around IC and talk about non-religious stuff as well. There will probably be plots and inter-guild quests moditored by me and by the priests. Not everything in the guild is supposed to be focused around religion; it’s merely a way to unite a group of blood elves under the same guild with little more unique idea than another private army or a bunch of friends.

Cult of the Sun God shortly:
-Roleplaying guild
-Blood elves, any levels, all classes
-Events, internal plots, freeform roleplaying
-Aimed for mature/dedicated roleplayers
-Alt characters accepted

Interested?

Since the guild isn’t created yet, I’d be curious to know how many people would like to join it before I start running around the game world with a charter. The guild’s aim is to focus our roleplaying around events, so being a member of the Cult shouldn’t hinder your dedicated leveling and gold-grinding at Northrend. Level 1 RP toons are also welcome, but I see the Cult as a good idea of expanding your main blood elf character, giving him an active religion – an area of background that is quite often neglected while building characters.

My own time in the net is somewhat limited at the moment (work, projects), so it’s pretty essential for the guild that I find couple other long-time roleplayers that are interested to organize the cult’s whereabouts with me. If there’s not enough interest, then the guild will never be created.
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Guild concept: The Cult of the Sun God   Guild concept: The Cult of the Sun God EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 4:56 pm

((posting on Ael's behalf once again ))

Since people have been asking for a good belf guild lately, I resurrect this thread of a recent guild idea, that was supposed to increase casual roleplaying & events in Silvermoon. If you'd like to play a worshipper or a priest of the cult, drop a comment. Enough interested people and the guild will be created.
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Adalan

Adalan

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Guild concept: The Cult of the Sun God   Guild concept: The Cult of the Sun God EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 9:46 am

Honestly, I'm only 50/50 on whether or not this is a good idea. New religions are always a hard sell and to a race like the blood elves even more so. The Holy Light is pretty strong there, with priests and paladins both, so

What you would need to make this work are street preachers, in Silvermoon, Orgrimmar and Dalaran. ALL THE TIME. They need to make the presence felt, they need to be entertaining, they need to be charismatic enough to attract crowds of people who will stick around to listen. They need to be smart and quick-witted enough to deal with hecklers both in and out of character. And they need to make it worth the while of people to show their interest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild concept: The Cult of the Sun God   Guild concept: The Cult of the Sun God Empty

Back to top Go down

Guild concept: The Cult of the Sun God
Page 1 of 1