We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Off-Topic] The Autism Test

Go down 
+5
Leaf
Vexacus
Morgalyen
Pyschotaz
Opathu
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

[Off-Topic] The Autism Test Empty
PostSubject: [Off-Topic] The Autism Test   [Off-Topic] The Autism Test EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 11:12 am

As I was browsing the website for 'Wired' magazine (see my other post), I came across this rather interesting online test for autism:

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/9.12/aqtest.html

Try it and see how you come out!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
Pyschotaz

Pyschotaz

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: [Off-Topic] The Autism Test   [Off-Topic] The Autism Test EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 1:08 pm

I got 29....High score good right?
Back to top Go down
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: [Off-Topic] The Autism Test   [Off-Topic] The Autism Test EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 1:10 pm

Pyschotaz wrote:

In the first major trial using the test, the average score in the control group was 16.4. Eighty percent of those diagnosed with autism or a related disorder scored 32 or higher. The test is not a means for making a diagnosis, however, and many who score above 32 and even meet the diagnostic criteria for mild autism or Asperger's report no difficulty functioning in their everyday lives.
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: [Off-Topic] The Autism Test   [Off-Topic] The Autism Test EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 1:11 pm

Pyschotaz wrote:

Points make prizes!
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: [Off-Topic] The Autism Test   [Off-Topic] The Autism Test EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 1:12 pm

There's nothing wrong with having a high score. Now, would you like me to repeat that telephone number, backwards, that I spotted in that film on TV last night ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Off-Topic] The Autism Test   [Off-Topic] The Autism Test EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 3:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: [Off-Topic] The Autism Test   [Off-Topic] The Autism Test EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 4:11 pm

Gurfang wrote:
Fruitcake! Or maybe basket?
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: [Off-Topic] The Autism Test   [Off-Topic] The Autism Test EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 5:15 pm

14, but then i never expected that autism was one of my problems.

Numbers though...is there a condition like dyslexia but with numbers? if there is i'm sure i have that Razz
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com

PostSubject: Re: [Off-Topic] The Autism Test   [Off-Topic] The Autism Test EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 5:22 pm

Vypra wrote:
14, but then i never expected that autism was one of my problems.

Numbers though...is there a condition like dyslexia but with numbers? if there is i'm sure i have that Razz

Yes, though I can't remember it's name. I have a friend who has it.

***EDIT***
Just searched the name, it's "Dyscalculia"
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: [Off-Topic] The Autism Test   [Off-Topic] The Autism Test EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 5:29 pm

I got 15...is this good or bad?
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
munechi

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: [Off-Topic] The Autism Test   [Off-Topic] The Autism Test EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 9:51 am

i got 60/50
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: [Off-Topic] The Autism Test   [Off-Topic] The Autism Test EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 9:53 am

munechi wrote:
i got 60/50

affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Off-Topic] The Autism Test   [Off-Topic] The Autism Test EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 12:30 pm

Score: 16

but I realy have a problem with remembering dates, phone numbers, names and things like that...
Back to top Go down
Lyranne

Lyranne

Number of posts : 329

PostSubject: Re: [Off-Topic] The Autism Test   [Off-Topic] The Autism Test EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 2:19 pm

I scored a 34, but then I'd already been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. The problem I find with any srurvey like that, is for the most part I was pickng an answer that was -vaguely- correct, rather than actually being a true representation of how I feel/think. Then there's the general disparity between how I percieve my actions, and how others do. Most are too polite to tell me if I've said anything wrong, or even if I do go on needlessly, so choosing the right answer for those was based more on a baseless assumption, rather than any real evidence - just like politics, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Off-Topic] The Autism Test   [Off-Topic] The Autism Test Empty

Back to top Go down

[Off-Topic] The Autism Test
Page 1 of 1