We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[UK Off-Topic] Question Trevor Phillips

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

[UK Off-Topic] Question Trevor Phillips Empty
PostSubject: [UK Off-Topic] Question Trevor Phillips   [UK Off-Topic] Question Trevor Phillips EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 11:36 am

Seasonal greetings to all,

A slight distraction from the woes of the day: I'm running an online 'Q & A', of sorts, with Trevor Phillips. He's the chap who heads up the UK's Equalities and Human Rights Commission.

http://www.yoosk.com/theme-detail/138.aspx

Today is the 60th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and to honor that I'm launching a chance to put questions to Phillips about the human rights issues of our times, how the EHR can cope with the challenges of 21st century Britain ... or anything else you want to put to the man. We're hosting this on the website Yoosk -- www.yoosk.com -- and the format is simple:

1. You can choose to register for the site, or post without joining (membership is free and has some benefits over guest status)
2. Select Trevor Phillips' icon and click on the 'ask' button
3. Fill in your email details (if you didn't join, so we can let you know if your question was answered), then type in your question
4. Check back later to see other questions posted, and 'vote' on the most popular questions you want put forward
5. The most popular questions are sent on to be answered by the VIP (Phillips)
6. He responds in mid-late Jan with video answers

Yoosk is still something of an experiment, so appreciate your interest. It's doing a lot of work with politicians, councils, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Welsh Assembly and others in the political field, to enable dialogue between ordinary citizens and the local/national powers that be. It's also working on a lighter channel, dealing more with celebs; and has a partnership with Johnston Press on some of its local newspaper websites.

Thanks again folks, and goodwill to all Smile

Nick
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
Pyschotaz

Pyschotaz

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: [UK Off-Topic] Question Trevor Phillips   [UK Off-Topic] Question Trevor Phillips EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 1:01 pm

Why can't i shoot trespassers!!!! I want mindless killing back.

Serious note.....interesting. Since human rights is one of the best examples of ruining an idea so it's completely fucked up, i should be able to think of something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [UK Off-Topic] Question Trevor Phillips   [UK Off-Topic] Question Trevor Phillips EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 4:06 pm

Done
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [UK Off-Topic] Question Trevor Phillips   [UK Off-Topic] Question Trevor Phillips Empty

Back to top Go down

[UK Off-Topic] Question Trevor Phillips
Page 1 of 1