We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[rp] A Peircing Arrow - By Manovan

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

[rp] A Peircing Arrow - By Manovan Empty
PostSubject: [rp] A Peircing Arrow - By Manovan   [rp] A Peircing Arrow - By Manovan EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 8:42 am

Everything was black.

And in that darkness echoed an agonizing scream.

My will of fire faded into nothing more than a spark.

Was I, the Lord of Bloodstones, dying?

A faint but comforting voice whispered my name.

”Manovan.”

Such a sweet and familiar voice.

”Manovan, wake up.”

I opened my eyes.

I was lying on a soft bed with purple sheets, naked to my very pale, undead skin. I filled my rotten lungs with gasps for air – not because I needed to – but because it was comforting to see my chest expand in harmony with my forced breaths. The scales I had on my arms were more faded than before, and my claws had receded into something smaller. My Dragon’s Claws had been a gift to me from Bloodwing, my dragon companion, a long time ago.

Someone sat next to me: a young, blonde woman with green eyes and pointy ears. She had tears in her eyes and her hands upon my chest. I recognized her. She was …

“Ewah?”

She looked up and her eyes met mine. Her sad little mouth broke out into a smile. If I could only remember why she would be happy to see me. I felt powerful, pulsing aches in my chest. Her hands glowed bright. The pain wasn’t physical but mental.

“What are you doing to me?”

I knew what she did. She healed me. I was undead. I was a warlock. The Light’s power healed my body but hurt my soul. Had I been injured? Yes, I remembered now.

“I was shot.”

I had been in the Undercity, taunted and chased by members of the House of Sylvanas. I had tried to … reason with them, but Archnazg Magnark had his Dark Ranger shoot an arrow in my chest. I had been shot by arrows without being hurt before. I was undead after all. Physical pain was foreign to me. This arrow, on the other hand, had not just hurt me but taken me out completely. I remembered how I temporarily blocked the pain, this magical pain, by transforming into my demonic form. It had used my last strength to get away.

This isn’t any arrow”, Ewah said and nodded to a broken, black arrow which lied on a silver plate next to the bed. “It’s imbued with a dark magic.”

So this was the powers of the Dark Rangers? How troublesome.

“Is he awake?” asked a hissing voice from the entrance to the room. It was Uhrian Bloodmoon, successor of the Bloodmoon clan. Next to him stood his younger brother, Saleos the Troubadour, who had an irritating smirk on his colorful face. Why a man would wear as much lipstick as Saleos did was beyond me.

Why am I here?” I asked. I noticed how the wound in my chest had been fully healed up and Ewah removed her hands from me. “You saved me. Healed me. You have some ulterior motive, don’t you, Uhrian?”

Uhrian limped slowly into the room, leaning over his cane, and Saleos rushed past him to give me a great hug. I snorted to him while shaking him off. He sat down next to me and stroke my hair with his fingertips.

“You still have unfinished business, Manovan”, Uhrian said and sat down on a chair next to me.

“I broke free from your control a long time ago.”

“Indeed you did, Manovan, but now you’re in our control again.”

I was confused.

“It happened months ago, Manovan”, Uhrian continued. “We had Ewah use that warlock, Ordin, to pierce your chest with a demonic stone. The intention was to summon Eligor Silver in your body again, remember? You managed to interrupt the summoning before it was complete, but some of Eligor’s spirit remained in your body since then. It was trapped … until now. That Dark Ranger’s arrow hit the stone and released Eligor’s spirit in your body. You might not hear his voice anymore, but you have his spirit, and his spirit is bound to us.”

Seriously?

“I’ve missed you, Manovan”, Ewah said and gave me a hug. I could feel her comforting warmth. Her pleasant aroma. Wait a minute, I didn’t have these sensations! I was undead. I felt neither heat nor smell. What was this feeling? I had to resist the control. But I … couldn’t.

“Don’t worry, Manovan”, Uhrian said. “We’ll get right back to work. Do you remember your mission? You were to consult with Illidan. That failed miserably and even more so when he was killed. Next step was to corrupt the leadership of the Alliance and Horde. This is currently undergoing. Your job was to research the bloodstones to find out a way to construct a new Sunwell based fully on demonic energy.”

“The Bloodwell”, I said with a frown. “The ultimate source of power in the New World.”
Uhrian grinned. “You do remember. Then how is your research going?”

I frowned. “Badly. And even more so now when I have been banished from Undercity again by the House of Sylvanas. I don’t have access to the Apothecarium anymore. My research journals. My test subjects.”

Uhrian sighed. “Very well, we’ll have someone break in and retrieve them.”

“It’s not that easy. The security has been improved since the latest Scourge attacks. And it’s the current research undergoing there. Everything is done with top security and Putress himself is performing research on his own from the Outlands. I did try to gather some information about it, but all I could find out is that it’s some kind of biological weaponry. The new plague. Though, I don’t know for what purpose.”

“I might have an idea”, Uhrian muttered. “Manovan, I think I’ll have to send you to Northrend as soon as transportation opens up.”

I shook my head. “No way. Why the hell would I agree to that? I understand the Forsaken will take the fight to the Lich King. They have been talking about that for months. But the House of Sylvanas will go there too. I have no business in Northrend. If they want to kill me, I should stay away from them and continue my research elsewhere.”

Saleos leaned over to me and whispered in my ear while he still stroked my hair: “So the little Blood Lord is afraid of the House? So the little Blood Lord is a little mouse?”

“Shut up, freak”,
I said.

“So the little Blood Lord wants to hide and run? So the little Blood Lord is afraid to have some fun?”

I frowned. “It’s just …” I said and tilted my head, looking at Uhrian’s scarred face. “If the Dark Rangers can take me out, then I think I should stay away. For now.”

“You fight Darkness with Light, Manovan. As long as you have Ewah on your side, you’ll be okay. Her blessings will save you from the Dark Rangers’ powers.”

I shrugged. Ewah gave me a comforting smile. I tried to shake Saleos fingers off my hair, but could feel his other hand slowly go down my naked chest and stroke my rotten skin. This depraved troubadour freaked me out. Always so close. Always touching. It’s like these people didn’t care at all about me being known as a terrorist, a psychopath … a warlock.

“Oh, and by the way”, Uhrian said. “This letter came for you, Manovan. It’s signed: Xariandra.”

To be continued…
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: [rp] A Peircing Arrow - By Manovan   [rp] A Peircing Arrow - By Manovan EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 8:45 am

Previously in Undercity, by the Auctioneer's Ring.

Archnazg glared manically, having cast his hand towars Manovan, robes fluttering as he did so, Dark Ranger Sight let fourth a Black Arrow. It spun through the air, Archnazg's eyes following it into Manovan's chest.

Manoven seemed rather confident, it shook Archnazg. Did he even feel the shot? Archnazg thought to himself. All of a sudden, the warlock sprouted wings, grew into the air, flames erupted all arond as his posture mutated. Demonic horns rose from his skull.

"I will destroy you al!"

Archnazg stepped back, raising his arms apart his figure grew transparent and dark, shadow weaved all over. Manovan took flight and soared up into the trade quarter. Archnazg hastely followed, shifting through the air in a levitation spell.

Manovan had gone....

Archnazg stood with the Dark Ranger, he attempted to send Manovan a message

"You can not run forever, we will find you, and serve justice. Terrorist."
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: [rp] A Peircing Arrow - By Manovan   [rp] A Peircing Arrow - By Manovan EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 8:51 am

The ruins of Silvermoon were almost entirely dark and quiet this cold night. I could see some light and hear a faint singing from the Bloodmoon’s mansion, and tormented wretched hid within the shadows, tempted to approach the lights of the mansion but were scared of what they would face.

When the wolves are howling at night
We draw our blades and prepare for fight
Facing our enemies, we kill them on sight
We tap into the arcane and steal the Light
We are the Bloodmoon’s
Destruction is our right
Destruction is our right

I sighed. It was Saleos’ annoying singing. Every night he sang, danced and told stories. I hated singing, dancing and stories. As I approached the mansion, the singing was clearer, and I could hear others laugh and sing with it.

When we then can see the rising sun
Sharpen your blade and load your gun
Because I will slit the throat of your son
Then drink his blood and watch you run
We are the Bloodmoon’s
Destruction is so fun
Destruction is so fun

The arcane watchers were instructed to let me inside the mansion and they did so without hesitation. I followed the sound of the singing, so I could finally report back to Uhrian Bloodmoon and the others. I walked up stair after stair with my imp Chouri playfully at my feet.

We make you watch your wife be drowned
While we burn this world to the ground
When a new emperor is being crowned
We will sing this song and dance around
We are the Bloodmoon’s
Our name renowned
Our name renowned

As I entered the room, the singing stopped. Saleos stopped his playful dancing and Uhrian leaned back in his char with his cane in his arms, staring intently at me. Everyone in the Bloodmoon clan were there, which wasn’t a lot, but enough to include faces I hadn’t seen before.

“So?” Uhrian asked. “You met with Xarandria?”

I nodded. “I did. And yes, it was the Xarandria of the Scourge. She tried to get information about the Forsaken.”

“Did you tell her anything?”

“I did, yes”, I said. “I told her what I knew about the plague research. Which isn’t much, but I think I gained her trust. I could have tried to manipulate her further, but there were an undead shade watching us.”

Uhrian nodded. Ewah jumped up from her chair, ran up to me and embraced me with her arms. I didn’t hug her back, but neither did I resist her.

“You must have promised her something to gain her trust. What was it?” Uhrian asked.

“I told her I had a source of power, other than the Lich King. I told her my goal was to burn this world to the ashes and let a new world rise like a phoenix. A world without order or authority. Where nothing would limit our search for power, and that she would be the goddess of this New World.”

Ewah let go off me with her arms, her smile disappeared and she looked deeply insulted. “Goddess? She? Some Scourge skank?”

I sighed, looked at Ewah with a forced, fake smile and stroke her soft cheeks with my dead, cold hands. “Don’t worry, Ewah. I´m only using her. You’re the only goddess here.” Why did I say that? I didn’t mean it. Or did I? It was her controlling trickery who put these thoughts into my head. Ewah wasn’t my goddess. She was an immature blood elf girl with a pendant which had the power to force me into loyalty.

She seemed satisfied by my answer though.

“Did she buy your pitch?” Uhrian asked.

“I doubt it. She’s deeply indoctrinated by the Lich King’s words. But I gave her the bloodstone pendant you forged and she seemed intent to try out its power. I`m positive it will tempt her. If she breaks her loyalty to the Lich King, then we can just wait for the Horde and Alliance to take out the Scourge for us.”

Uhrian nodded. “You did well, Manovan. I have prepared a reward for you.” Uhrian gestured to a follower who opened a door and let in a young blood elf boy with blonde hair and fashionable clothes.

I grinned. How considerate of them. The boy approached me, he was terrified but brave enough to neither cry nor resist. I looked at him for a moment, savored the moment and then sucked the soul out of his body and stored it in a small gem which appeared in my hand. I relaxed and closed my eyes, greatly satisfied by this reward.

“The purity in these souls is so refreshing”, I said. “I thank you for this offering.”

“He was an orphan from the invasion”, Uhrian said. “No one cares if he lives or dies. I ordered you to travel to Northrend. Now you have newfound strength. When you return, I will have more of these souls in store for you, Manovan.”

I grinned wickedly.
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: [rp] A Peircing Arrow - By Manovan   [rp] A Peircing Arrow - By Manovan EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 2:45 pm

Xariandra stood deep in the catacombs beneath the Slaughtered Lamb. Her Dark Ranger, Jensa, was with her. In front of them stood a shady figure... with an argent dawn tabard. The conversation had just ended, and the three saluted each other with "May darkness guide you.". The man with the Argent Dawn tabard stepped forward towards the stairs, and left the deadly silent room, covered with bones and summoning circles.

Xariandra looked at Jensa, who immediatly looked back at her in a completely straight and battle-ready form, always ready to execute her Mistress' commands. "I don't get it. Why would the master keep secrets from me? I did not know about this branch of our many Cults." came out of her mask, with a sharp tone. Her usual emotionlessness had slightly faded, clearly expressing some.. anger. Jensa had almost only learned to serve the Mistress, and shrugged at her. She couldn't really contribute to what was going on.

Xariandra walked a bit through the room, gazing with her burning orbs across the several tomes, torches and skeletons lying around, pondering the situation. The Alliance was venturing to Northrend. The fight would now be taken to her Master's footstep. Although she was confident the fools were running right into her brilliant Master's trap.. She couldn't help but now wonder.. "What if?.." She looked at Jensa, and talked again. "If it, somehow, would ever come to it.. Would the cultists rather stay loyal to me or the Lich Ki-..". Her words were halted by a deep, sharp pain. A pain unimaginable by many, a pain cutting you from within, out of your mind, driving you insane. But that had already happened to Xariandra years ago. Now, it was just the pain.

She fell to the ground, on her knees, holding her hands at her head, begging the Master for forgiveness. "Please.. please.. I did not mean to..". But he was crueler than Xariandra, and continued the punishment for the split second fading of her loyalty. Jensa could only watch, knowing she couldn't help her. A force much greater than anyone was at work. Until Xariandra finally lay still, the tormenting whispers stopping. She slowly crawled back up, exhausted by the sudden punishment, and looked at her Dark Ranger, who was just staring at her. "Go.. go.. You are dismissed.. I need to meditate and pray for forgiveness."

The Dark Ranger nodded. She saluted Xariandra and quickly ran up the stairs, probably eager for a hunt in the night on some unsuspecting mortal wandering the streets. Xariandra gazed across the room again, and then slowly let her hand sink to a pouch attached to her belt.

Out of it, she retrieved the Bloodstone pendant Manovan had given her.
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: [rp] A Peircing Arrow - By Manovan   [rp] A Peircing Arrow - By Manovan EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 6:22 pm

In the wild quarters of Orgrimmar, even the wanted criminals could easily blend in with the public. This time, I was masked with a more common battle-gear, and only those with sharp eyes would recognize me among all the orc grunts, goblin businessmen, travelers and adventurers from across the world. Being undead always meant you were sticking out, but during the recent events there had even been more Forsaken heroes and travelers in the livings’ cities. I could even spot warlocks who had their demon companions summoned outside the isolated Cleft of Shadow or the shadows of the Drag, seemingly without fear of the common prejudices against them. The sun shined like it always did in Durotar, but despite the dazzling light, even I could tell the wind carried a supernatural coldness to it. People tried to ignore it, but they couldn’t help to glance furtively over their shoulders on the menacing necropolis staring back at them from across the thick Orgrimmar walls.

The reason I was in Orgrimmar was to gather information. Uhrian Bloodmoon had told me earlier that the Banshee Queen was meeting with Thrall in Orgrimmar to discuss further actions, and I was there to find out what those actions were. By listening to general discussions in the surrounding public, I easily found out that the Valley of Honor was the leaders’ supposed meeting place. I went there, on a more subtle steed than my sensational dreadsteed, when I could hear someone shout: “GYAH!” It came from the arena.

“Hah! So, son of Durotan, what—“

A menacing voice which echoed through the air interrupted the loud orcs in the arena. “PUPS OF ORGRIMMAR! HEAR ME, BRASH UPSTARTS OF THE HORDE! TREMBLE, AND KNOW YOUR DOOM. FOR THE LICH KING’S GAZE IS FIXED UPON YOU!”

The Scourge? This wasn’t expected. I looked up and could see gigantic frost wyrms descend from the heavens with their spine-chilling roars and freezing breaths. Abominations invaded and grunts and heroes drew their weapons. High Overlord Saurfang came running across the pathway, pushing me to the side and shouted: “Warchief! Scourge forces are attacking Orgrimmar!”

I got back up on my feet, shook the dust off my robes and further approached the arena. I noticed how Grand Apothecary Putress himself idly stood at its entrance. Warchief Thrall rushed out, followed by Garrosh Hellscream and joined the battle against the Scourge. I looked around, noticed that everyone’s focus was on the assault, and sneaked up to Putress who was looking at the battle from the entrance to the arena.

“Manovan?” he said. “I gave you one simple assignment, you worthless—“

“Easy now, sir”, I said. “Before you judge me, you might want to take into consideration that things might not be what they seem.”

He snorted. “I knew it would come to this if I left you alone in the Undercity. There’s nothing I can do about it now. You won’t easily get that bounty off your head.”

“Guess that means I`m off duty then. I would like my research journals and test subjects though.”

“No”
, he said.

“No?”

I saw Sylvanas Windrunner walk down the road to join the battle, but she didn’t notice me because the freezing breaths of the frost wyrms and the ravaging abominations stole her attention.

Putress nodded to me. “However”, he said. “You could take this opportunity to kill her. Then I`m sure it will be easier to get that bounty off your head. Unless you’re seen doing it of course.”

What a manipulative bastard, I thought. But he was right. This was a great opportunity for me to kill the Forsaken’s Banshee Queen. I didn’t reply to Putress. Instead I joined the battle with hope of getting closer to Sylvanas. Arrows flew. Soldiers screamed. Blood splattered across the Valley of Honor which was now a battlefield. Battle shouts. Metal against flesh. Roars. Cries. I sneaked closer to Sylvanas who fired arrows at a frost wyrm above her. I channeled a shadow bolt and was about to fire, when I heard someone say: “Manovan.”

What the--! I turned around. Who had sharp enough eyes to spot me not only with this hood on my head but in the middle of a battlefield? It was Ricardos. That damn warrior.

“I would get paid a lot of gold if I turn you in”, he said.

“Don’t you have more important things to do now, considering the situation?”

“A city owned by orcs? Not really my business.”

Neither was it mine, I realized. I couldn’t kill Sylvanas now and get away with it. Especially not with that warrior having his eyes on me. Would I even assault her with him around, my bounty would be raised with at least five hundred more. I had to retreat. If I were lucky, then maybe the Scourge could do the job for me.
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: [rp] A Peircing Arrow - By Manovan   [rp] A Peircing Arrow - By Manovan EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 6:24 pm

Amidst the battle - round about the time Putress spoke with Manovan.

Archnazg stood on top of a tower, in Orgrimmar, hurtling balls of shadow at wyrms. Though all the panic, he seemed to be enjoying a leisurely battle, out of the fray. Dark Ranger Sight stood next to him, apathetically letting loose a few arrows.

"Where is the Lady anyway? I am sure she was meant to meet us here..."

He looked down, seeing Saurfang whirl about the abominations, Thrall close. They were some two hundered meters away. A hooded loyalist stood near Archnazg and the Dark Ranger, and held a glass of wine to him, Archnazg took it, and sipped it gently.

"Ah, what a blissful---" All of a sudden a frost wyrm crashes into the roof, where they stood, knocking them all down onto the road, with a pile of debris.

"What the hell!" Archnazg grumbled. Sight rose to his feet in an instant, wiping dust off his black leather armour. Archnazg clambered up. "Gah.. bloody frost wyrms.." he spat out a broken tooth. They both left, leaving the hooded one crushed under the debris of the roof, and headed into the main battle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [rp] A Peircing Arrow - By Manovan   [rp] A Peircing Arrow - By Manovan Empty

Back to top Go down

[rp] A Peircing Arrow - By Manovan
Page 1 of 1