We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Seidra

Seidra

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-06-23

A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power) Empty
PostSubject: A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power)   A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power) EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 4:14 pm

Okay people Im not gonne play wow for some time but I will try to keep posting storys here and doing well..stuff Very Happy

Anyways here is a guide from me I would like someone to post it in the realm forums for me.Thanks and kudos ^^

How to RP someone who holds back his power

If you work alone:

If you travel alone and are not alignet to a faction than you should rely mostly on game mechanics.You can duel any of your enemys and still not to do much damage to them.Here are examples for level 70 characters:

Mage: Use your ranks 1 spells and dont use them very often.When your enemy charges at you just blink away and tease them for not even able to reach you.
"Hah you are not even able to reach me with your pety sword.."
Sheeping is not a good idea as it will most likely destroy the RP atmosphere (my opinion at least)

Rogue: Dont dualwield.Use your offhand weapon and dont use anything like sinisterstrike,hemo or anything that consumes combo points.You can use shiv to make medium damage to your target while saying something like this

"Hmm..Looks like I will have to hit alittle harder"

You can use shadowstep and write emotes like:
*steps through the shadows and appears behind his enemy with a grin on his face*
"Oh..How did I get here?"

Blinding enemys is a good way to show them that you fight dirty.But dont forget this may make the enemy think that you resort to such a dirty trick because you cant win a fair battle without it.

Warrior: Use an emote like this
*throws his huge weapon tot he ground and clenches his fist*
"You are not worth my sword.Lets see if you can survive my fists.."

As a warrior you will get rage the more the enemy hits you so let them hit you until your rage bar has increased.Than use something like thunderclap that has a nice effect.
If your enemy has forced your hand pick up your 2h weapon and use cleave! It has a really nice effect and sound.I as a rogue personally feel the hit when someone uses cleave.

Warlock: Be lazy..Let your demons fight your enemy..
*looks lazly at his enemy and makes a move with his hand while opening a book to read it*
"Baaelgun(demon name >.<) take care of this weakling while I read the book."

If they manage to kill your minion take the matters in your own hand
*doesnt look concerned over the death of his minion and puts his book away*
"Hmmh...Now I am in need of a soulshard.."

Hunter:Be lazy as well..Let your pet take care of your enemy
"These arrows ,you know..They are pretty expensive.Anyways..My pet needs to feed anyway"

There are more classes to use such tactics..Totems for Shamans, Treants for Druids, Maces for priests...

If you have people under your command:

Chose one of your man that is weaker than your enemy.Let them win the battle against your underling.They will get overconfident over this victory and believe that they can beat you as well.Here is a dialogue

Seidra:Hmm You come to the Crimson Keep to challenge me? The Sword Hunter?
*closes his eyes*
Seidra:Promptheas..Take care of this weakling..Your demons must be hungry
*Promptheas appears from the shadows with a Imp beside him*
Promptheas: I am Promptheas the 8th sword of The Scarlet Moon..I shall crush you..

((battle starts and promp loses as he will be a few levels lower))

Enemy: I have defeated your underling now it is your time Seidra!
*Seidra claps and draws his sword*
Seidra: I am surprised..Now you are worth the trouble..

((At this point your enemy will be most likely overconfident and you should take the battle lightly as well..Do as you get wounded or cant parry his attacks.Make him feel how strong he is and than at the mids of the battle when your enemy is sure of the victory..Do the following ^^))

Seidra:Ahh..Damn..You hit hard!
Enemy: Hahaha today I will put an end to you
Seidra: Shit..Damn you bastard...
Enemy: You are FINISHED!
*seidra grins and makes a quick move towards the enemy*
*Seidra finishes off his enemy*
Seidra:Dont look surprised..It was nothing more than an act..

Remember you are a Leader and dont do everything on your own.Send your people to missions let them fight even if it means losing them.And even when you are challenged dont release your true power..Try to defeat your enemy with minimum effort otherwise they wont be able to comprehend your true power!
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power)   A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power) EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 5:16 pm

Hmm interesting point of view but well:

-Those things would need to be staged or you would need some lower lvl enemy to fight. Even if you use macros for the emotes i cant imgagine a lvl 70 (pvp geared) against you (aswell PvP geared (or omg RP gear?)) without weapon and such.

I mean the idea is cool but well hmmz

About letting your followers fight, well it would depend on the RP style but showing your strenght is also not a bad way to get some respect (and hatred)

And about letting people your unpredictable and even more powerfull, well i use how i call it 'player resources' , when people dont know with how many enemys they are dealing with its always fun to be like...carefull with you Wink (althought its not always working /pokes Quintillus)

Anyway in general i like the idea
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Seidra

Seidra

PostSubject: Re: A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power)   A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power) EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 5:46 pm

shadowtroll wrote:
Hmm interesting point of view but well:

-Those things would need to be staged or you would need some lower lvl enemy to fight. Even if you use macros for the emotes i cant imgagine a lvl 70 (pvp geared) against you (aswell PvP geared (or omg RP gear?)) without weapon and such.

I mean the idea is cool but well hmmz

About letting your followers fight, well it would depend on the RP style but showing your strenght is also not a bad way to get some respect (and hatred)

And about letting people your unpredictable and even more powerfull, well i use how i call it 'player resources' , when people dont know with how many enemys they are dealing with its always fun to be like...carefull with you Wink (althought its not always working /pokes Quintillus)

Anyway in general i like the idea

What I have written happens..Have seen it happen sooooooo many times. And yes you need a lower level enemy.And not all role players are level 70 and I havent seen any people RP very strong characters below level 60..

I hate that levels determine strength but sadly it does affect your RP..
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power)   A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power) EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 10:44 pm

Not sure why you are poking me here, Shadow..

If it is cause of Quint not being afraid of Shadow.. well that's just because Quint has met and dealt with a perverse amount of Shadowtroll-like folks who go all "Rawr, I r mighty. I r lol at you" so he is not easily impressed. And being dead allready sort of removes most fear anyways. That and he knows that if nessescary the Order would annhilate the pirates as easy as making a nice cup of hot chocolate a friday evening. Cool
Back to top Go down
Yrjial Stormscream

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-06-13

PostSubject: Re: A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power)   A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power) EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 10:51 am

Quintilius wrote:

If it is cause of Quint not being afraid of Shadow.. well that's just because Quint has met and dealt with a perverse amount of Shadowtroll-like folks who go all "Rawr, I r mighty. I r lol at you" so he is not easily impressed. And being dead allready sort of removes most fear anyways. That and he knows that if nessescary the Order would annhilate the pirates as easy as making a nice cup of hot chocolate a friday evening. Cool

...he lives under the same roof as one Yrjial Stormscream. Quint does not know fear anymore.
Back to top Go down
Seidra

Seidra

PostSubject: Re: A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power)   A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power) EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 1:38 pm

Yrjial Stormscream wrote:
Quintilius wrote:

...he lives under the same roof as one Yrjial Stormscream. Quint does not know fear anymore.

Will she know it if her kid gets kidnapped by some lunatic blood elf ? Wink
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

PostSubject: Re: A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power)   A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power) EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 2:30 pm

Quintilius wrote:

The poke here was fun Wink And by the way i can imagine you got sick of such type of RP but well without it its not that interesting aswell? Cool

Hot chocalate? Hmm we need a new maid Razz
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power)   A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power) EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 2:39 pm

Heh.. I'm not disrespectin' yer RP mate. Shadowtrollians be good to have, just saying Quint don't get intimidated by them that much.

Though a scorned woman however.. They scare the unliving crap out of Quin.. affraid
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

PostSubject: Re: A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power)   A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power) EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 4:56 pm

Hehe btw the one time we met my RP sucked real bad silent

*cough* I try to scare you next time albino
Back to top Go down
Yrjial Stormscream

PostSubject: Re: A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power)   A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power) EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 1:15 pm

Seidra wrote:

Yrjial's kid is so imba, she's kick Seidras ass anyhow.
Back to top Go down
Seidra

Seidra

PostSubject: Re: A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power)   A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power) EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 3:35 pm

Yrjial Stormscream wrote:
Seidra wrote:

Yrjial's kid is so imba, she's kick Seidras ass anyhow.

:O [inserts a Turkish legend]

And so with the age of 1 he started to eat meat and with the age of 4 he was riding a horse and with age of 6 he was carrying huge 2h swords and with the age of 9 he killed a whole army of chinese that were terrorizing the Turkish people!
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power)   A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power) EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 3:42 pm

I was in Turkey once..

All the men leered at my girlfriend at the time.

At every restaurant we passed some guy tried to get us to go in there and eat. When this happened 60 times an hour it got old.

Again the men yelled at my GF and even stopped their cars to whistle at her.

The only good thing about the place was that the shop clerks allways gave me a beer everytime I entered and let me just sit there drinking beer and smoke while my ex shopped.

She used money, I got drunk. Good times.

Last edited by Quintilius on Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Seidra

Seidra

PostSubject: Re: A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power)   A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power) EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 3:46 pm

Quintilius wrote:
I was in Turkey once..

All the men leered at my girlfriend at the time.

At every restaurant we passed some guy tired to go in there and eat. When this happened 60 times an hour it got old.

Again the men yelled at my GF and even stopped their cars to whistle at her.

The only good thing about the place was that the shop clerks allways gave me a beer everytime I entered and let me just sit there drinking beer and smoke while my ex shopped.

She used money, I got drunk. Good times.

We call those guys "abaza" fucking abazas ruin our reputation.. gähhh... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power)   A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power) EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 3:55 pm

who is the abaza's?

Those guys pestering us to eat at their restaurant?

They were -extremely- annoying and it was enough to make me not enjoy my vacation. After a couple of days we avoided some areas of the city to get away from all the pestering.
Back to top Go down
Seidra

Seidra

PostSubject: Re: A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power)   A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power) EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 5:26 pm

Quintilius wrote:
who is the abaza's?

Those guys pestering us to eat at their restaurant?

They were -extremely- annoying and it was enough to make me not enjoy my vacation. After a couple of days we avoided some areas of the city to get away from all the pestering.

nah those guys that were whistling to your girlfriend..They even do it to Turkish girls..

By the way those guys that kept pestering you cant do that anymore XD recently a law has been passed to prevent things like that and last time I was on holiday I saw that the law has diminished their numbers..
Back to top Go down
Yrjial Stormscream

PostSubject: Re: A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power)   A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power) EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 6:27 pm

...being a blonde I have gotten a filthy amount of unwanted, rude attention to men of arabic or middle east heritage. I will not state one nation. It is annoying to no end. I am not a whore even though I am blonde and Scandinavian.
I am happy there are actually guys out there who realize what those assholes are doing to the reputation of middle eastern men.
*pats Seidra's head*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power)   A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power) Empty

Back to top Go down

A guide and a favor(Guide on How to RP someone who holds back his power)
Page 1 of 1