We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server Empty
PostSubject: Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server   Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 12:05 pm

“Baron” Granville Manning blinked and hastily reached a decrepit hand to his eyes as he stepped out into the glare. Years inside the darkest parts of the city caused the light to burn into his eyes. But a familiar smell had led him here. And made him willing to face that bright sunshine.

The Baron muttered to himself before he was overcome with a coughing fit. After several moments of wheezing he spat a great lump of phlem from his mouth, not removing his hand from his eyes, and not caring which way he spat.

“Ere me derie, that nearly hits me” an angry voice growled at him.

“Baglady,” mumbled the Baron, still not removing the hand from his face, “How did you get so close without me noticing? Normally I can smell your arrival from far away.”

“Whats that me dere?” the old orc crone asked, coming to stand next to him.

The Baron took an involuntary step back as the Baglady’s “unique” aroma reached him. Composing himself, he slowly removed his hand from his face, letting the bright sunshine of Durotar beat down on his rotten face.

“Uuuurrrrggghhh” he groaned. “What I wouldn’t do to still have my eyelids right now.”

“Well watchya doin out here dearie, you knows you don’t like bright lights?”

“I smell….” the Baron paused and sniffed the air, “Money. Lots of it. And easy.”

The Baron gestured a bony hand towards the Brewfest celebrations. All manner of races could be seen cavorting and chasing around. They looked relaxed. Their guard down. Drunk. The sound of coins jangling in their purses chimed like a bell in the Baron’s head.

The Baron glanced at the Baglady next to him. Covered from head to toe in thick layers of clothing, only her ancient face was visible. He grinned at her.

“Look at these drunken rubes… gather the Beggars. I think it’s time we pay a little visit to brewfest…”

OOC

This Thursday the 2nd October, the Beggars will be shaking down Brewfest.

We will gather at the large tree in the Drag around 9pm Server, and around 9.30 head down to brewfest to create mischeif. As always, it is strictly IC begging for small ammounts, or trading services.

I may also have some "contraband" alchohol to sell to people, which we can unload on unsuspecting Brewfest celebrants.
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server   Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 12:35 pm

Funnily enough, Baglady and the Baron are exactly how I imagined S and J in real life ...

geek kek
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
Vexacus

Vexacus

PostSubject: Re: Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server   Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 2:31 pm

Opathu wrote:
Funnily enough, Baglady and the Baron are exactly how I imagined S and J in real life ...

geek kek

I'm not as classy as the Baron IRL.
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229

PostSubject: Re: Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server   Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 10:45 am

This will be funny! But if Baglady will beg around, who will run the Keel?
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server   Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 10:48 am

if the last couple of weeks is anything to go by, the only people that will miss me is Deathy and Svarv Razz
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server   Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 3:24 pm

Vexacus wrote:
Opathu wrote:

geek kek

I'm not as classy as the Baron IRL.

UR MOM SUXX KOXX IN HELL!1!

... I just always wanted to use that line but never seem to have the right moment /sigh
(please don't tell me your nearest and dearest just died or something Crying or Very sad )

See you later on, fella.

NB I started levelling up an undead mage so the mrs could play it when I am offline. Good idea?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server   Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 3:38 pm

You're starting the old girl on WoW? Surely getting a second computer to play WoW on so you can play together would be better?
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server   Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 4:07 pm

Gurfang wrote:
You're starting the old girl on WoW? Surely getting a second computer to play WoW on so you can play together would be better?

I shall just sell the child to pay for it then Wink And er I'd need a new room of the house to play in ... if we had another room, that is!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server   Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 4:32 pm

Opathu wrote:
Gurfang wrote:

I shall just sell the child to pay for it then Wink And er I'd need a new room of the house to play in ... if we had another room, that is!

You mean you refuse to sully yourself with writing any old tosh for some cash? I thought you were a man of no principles (aka journalist)?
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server   Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 5:33 pm

I'd even work for The Church if they paid me Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

PostSubject: Re: Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server   Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 7:47 pm

Well no-one about for this but tbh I was bit late because I got pulled into a meeting at 7pm Sad

I will sign back in later, Vyp is running the keel so /w her if you wanna get hold of me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server   Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 9:08 pm

Opathu wrote:

Try something like the Church of England Newspaper of the Church Times. Failing that, I'm sure a communications job at Church House in Westminster would be possible Wink
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server   Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 12:31 am

Gurfang wrote:
Opathu wrote:

Try something like the Church of England Newspaper of the Church Times. Failing that, I'm sure a communications job at Church House in Westminster would be possible Wink

Sign me up Phil Smile
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server   Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 12:31 am

Vexacus wrote:
Well no-one about for this but tbh I was bit late because I got pulled into a meeting at 7pm Sad

I will sign back in later, Vyp is running the keel so /w her if you wanna get hold of me.

Got on way too late. Stress of freelance life.
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

PostSubject: Re: Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server   Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 6:38 am

Not too worry, I was pretty tired anyway. My own bad for not giving much advance notice.

Will definately do something for halloween instead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server   Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 8:34 am

Vexacus wrote:
Not too worry, I was pretty tired anyway. My own bad for not giving much advance notice.

Will definately do something for halloween instead.

Hopefully I should be back from Wales in time for that. Will be knackered though!
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server   Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 8:55 am

well, lets start planning it now. Beggars go trick or treating perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server   Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 9:47 am

Vypra wrote:
well, lets start planning it now. Beggars go trick or treating perhaps?

I think you need some rogue beggars, so they can actually "pick pockets".
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server   Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 9:56 am

Baglady is a rogue...
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server   Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 10:20 am

How does that pick pocket skill work, then? I've never played a rogue before, but I imagine you could have great RP fun with that skill. Particularly if you insinuated you found something dodgy on their personage ... (e.g. drugs)
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

PostSubject: Re: Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server   Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 10:22 am

Opathu wrote:
How does that pick pocket skill work, then? I've never played a rogue before, but I imagine you could have great RP fun with that skill. Particularly if you insinuated you found something dodgy on their personage ... (e.g. drugs)

It only works on NPCs.

But when many people didn't know much about the /e command people used to have lots of fun using it to enter things like
Baglady steals 3 gold and 2 silver from you.

Led to people thinking it was real and throwing ape. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server   Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 1:17 pm

Does it work on friendly NPCs?
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229

PostSubject: Re: Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server   Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 1:50 pm

No, you can only pickpocket hostile NPCs that don't belong to either faction (mobs, that is). It's a very easy way to gain extra loot from mobs, you can also get poison mats and food from it. If you pickpocket a naga, you have a chance to find Nemo. Smile
I once performed an emote pickpocket on an undead guy: "Snicka picks two silvers and ten coppers from Undeadguy's pocket". He simply responded with the following emote: "Undeadguy kills snicka". Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server   Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server Empty

Back to top Go down

Event: The Beggars are coming to Brewfest, Thursday 2nd October 9.30pm Server
Page 1 of 1