We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Coming home

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ziah

Ziah

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-03-25

Coming home Empty
PostSubject: Coming home   Coming home EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 8:37 am

This is part of Ziah Dawnseeker's backstory. I'll probably add more to it later Wink

---

The slender sin'dorei walked down Murder Row with a swing, stopping only to relieve a drunk of his change as she passed him. Anyone watching would have thought the young elf was helping the poor almost unconscious man into a sitting position, but a few hours later when he had recovered from his drunken stupor he discovered she had been well paid for her 'help'.

She continued down Murder Row and out into the sunlight where she shook her dark chestnut hair back from her face and smiled as she welcomed the feel of the sun on her face.

A watching guard eyed her suspiciously - it was unusual to see someone so happy for no apparent reason. Didn't she have the longing to feel arcane magic coursing through her veins that he and every other Silvermoon resident did?

She walked over to his guard post as if to ask something.

"Shorel'aran," he snapped, a little harder than usual.

"Bala'dash," she replied in a soft, low-pitched voice, sounding a little put out. "I'm looking for the house of Jaelan Dawnseeker. Do you know where I could find it?"

The guard eyed her curiously. "Why do you want to know?" he asked.

She frowned and for a moment her hand moved to rest on the hilt of a dagger hanging from her belt. "It you can't tell me I can just go and ask someone who can," she replied, a harder edge coming into her voice.

The guard frowned and gripped his staff harder, bringing it slightly forward as if to warn the young elf to be cooperative. In response instead of becoming more polite she simply rolled her eyes and sighed.

"I just want to know where the house is," she repeated.

"Why would you want to know that? There's noone there - the old man's been taken away," the guard replied.

"E'chuta!" the elf exclaimed in Zandali, then repeated herself in Thalassian as the guard lowered his weapon towards her.

"What kind of a sin'dorei speaks troll language when she swears?" he asked, glaring at her and noticing for the first time the long boots she wore, which could only have been made by trolls, and her ragged shorts. "You should come with me - you should explain yourself to the Magistrix," he ordered roughly.

The elf took a step back and looked around her. Two more guards were striding over to where she was and an arcane guardian wasn't far away.

"Stay where you are!" the first guard ordered.

"Alright," she replied, raising her hands slowly above her head.

"What's going on?" a second guard asked as he arrived at the scene. "Who are you? What do you want?"

She smiled sweetly and winked at the first guard. "Beware o' da voodoo," she told him, enjoying the look of surprise on his face. Then, pulling in the light towards herself, she melted out of sight.

The guards shouted and rushed forward to the spot where she had been, but there was no sign of her - she had gone.

The elf watched the guards' confusion from the archway of a nearby building with an amused glint in her green eyes. She had learned that trick from an old troll shaman in Durotar who had declared her to be his best student. "Two hours in town and I'm already in trouble," she muttered to herself, then smiled. "I'm glad I came back!"
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Coming home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming home   Coming home EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 8:38 am

hehe, i like it Smile
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Ryleen

Ryleen

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Coming home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming home   Coming home EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 9:26 am

It's a nice story. But.. since when do trolls make boots? Wink
Back to top Go down
http://aldriona.deviantart.com
Ziah

Ziah

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-03-25

Coming home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming home   Coming home EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 10:51 am

Ryleen wrote:
It's a nice story. But.. since when do trolls make boots? Wink

*shrugs* Meh... The ones Ziah's wearing at the moment came from a quest, and they're certainly not orc-style...
Back to top Go down
Ryleen

Ryleen

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Coming home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming home   Coming home EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 1:09 pm

I'm just making fun of you a bit. The utter lack of shoes for trolls is something that's annoyed me for a while Smile Barefoot in Northrend can't be fun!
Back to top Go down
http://aldriona.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

Coming home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming home   Coming home Empty

Back to top Go down

Coming home
Page 1 of 1