We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures

Go down 
+7
munechi
torgadon
Morgalyen
Siheld
Crowley
Vexacus
Huyana
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Huyana

Huyana

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures Empty
PostSubject: Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures   Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 2:42 pm

Aint this said "grouping" just now here, in the "artsy departement" gloating and making fun of the accuser in a way he just accused you of?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

((PS: For you people who just arrived here, this thread is -not- started by myself even tho it might look that way, it is just a section of a larger discussion from: HERE and is originally after Torgadon's post(which is the current last one). It all conects to the post on wow forums made by Othragon: HERE))

Last edited by Huyana on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:57 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Moved from the art thread to keep it on topic.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.noctem.phpbb24.com
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures   Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 2:52 pm

Huyana wrote:
Aint this said "grouping" just now here, in the "artsy departement" gloating and making fun of the accuser in a way he just accused you of?

So if I made an unpleasent personal attack on noctem on the realm forum that wasn't true you would just sit there and do nothing?

The picture is a satirical (?) take on what we are being accused of, I guess some people found it amusing because it's a pretty accurate translation of the garbage Orthragon posted.
Back to top Go down
Huyana

Huyana

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures   Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 3:09 pm

You can make whatever accusation about Noctem as you like, and we would simply not care because non of us knows you so how can you know us? Thus it would be just lies and trolling.

And yes, the picture might be satirical, but yet only the few in question, cept for some missing, are the ones making jokes about it. Quite alot of members on this site, yet not so many else have shown their likings to this picture...cept a particular few as said.
Back to top Go down
Crowley

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures   Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 3:17 pm

Huyana wrote:
You can make whatever accusation about Noctem as you like, and we would simply not care because non of us knows you so how can you know us? Thus it would be just lies and trolling.

You wouldn't care if you were directly accused of something, yet you care massively about forum drama that doesn't affect you?

Why am I not convinced?
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures   Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 3:17 pm

Oh please, go flame and cry somewhere else. Not in the Art/Flower Thread.
Back to top Go down
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures   Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 3:20 pm

And there are a few ways to handle what people feel are unjust accusations (as I'm in no way active in this entire discussion I'm not choosing sides)

1. Ignore it
2. Go against it and defend yourself
3. Laugh it off

It is clear that option 3 is happening in this case.

Then you say that the ones that are involved have shown the most liking in this picture, that might be because they are the most active posters on these forums and are most likely to respond.

Just my 2 cents as an outsider.

and .... this is not the thread for a discussion like this.
[edit]and Siheld, as a mod I'd expect you to respond differently to a post like that.
Back to top Go down
Huyana

Huyana

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures   Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 3:32 pm

Crowley wrote:

You wouldn't care if you were directly accused of something, yet you care massively about forum drama that doesn't affect you?

Why am I not convinced?

I dont really care for your need of convincing buddy. Just saying it as it is. I know Othragon from ages ago and he struck me as a rather pleasant and nice chap. He's also a former member of my own guild, and we dont really just accept any trash that comes about either as we chose our members from personal experience and not how good you e.peen in wow. So when he writes a post as he did on forums pointing at certain things i agree with him in, i felt i'd show him my support as friends do when they agree when you lot gang up on him (and really just proves him right again). To your note i also pointed a finger back at him, that i dont think he should make too big a fuzz about it as he himself is guilty of the charge he's rising.

I totally agree Morg about laughing it off, but that is clearly -not- the issue here if you read up on the responses to Othragons thread and other threads which has nothing to do with him. So this "laugh" here is absolutely not about "not taking it seriously" but about making the "us" feel better against the "one" ratteling the cage of those who has deemd themselves "untouchables". Shields response sorta proves the matter even further.

Now, in curtecy of the artwork that actually this thread contains i'll leave it alone now. But i really dont feel bad about writing this stuff here seing that the "gang" used a good 10+ posts for their "cause" without anyone mindind that...
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures   Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 3:47 pm

There so much I could reply to above but I wont for the moment. I'm kinda busy in work atm, so for now can people stay on picture topic and we will chop the thread later and we can all tell each other why we think the other person is wrong later. Wink
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures   Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 4:58 pm

Morgalyen wrote:
[edit]and Siheld, as a mod I'd expect you to respond differently to a post like that.
You've got a point there, was a bit harsh.
Also I have little idea how to move a topic or a part of a topic.
Back to top Go down
torgadon

torgadon

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures   Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:03 pm

bad gnome, bad bad gnome

And I think people are trying to cheer up the mood from all the dull boohoo wa wa drama Very Happy
Back to top Go down
munechi

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures   Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:12 pm

What's this about? :O
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures   Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:17 pm

Huyana wrote:
I know Othragon from ages ago and he struck me as a rather pleasant and nice chap. He's also a former member of my own guild, and we dont really just accept any trash that comes about either as we chose our members from personal experience and not how good you e.peen in wow. So when he writes a post as he did on forums pointing at certain things i agree with him in, i felt i'd show him my support as friends do when they agree when you lot gang up on him (and really just proves him right again). To your note i also pointed a finger back at him, that i dont think he should make too big a fuzz about it as he himself is guilty of the charge he's rising.

Such a nice chap that instead of manning up and talking to the people concerned, he writes a hate post on the realm forum about it, then runs away. Might wanna review how you select your friends there fella.

Plus not quite following your logic - you stand up and agree with a mate = fine.
Some of the community members here stand up and defend their community = not fine.

Hows that working then?
Back to top Go down
Huyana

Huyana

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures   Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:37 pm

Nice move shield, "forgetting" the rest of the thread which is included in my "original" post, now putting this rather out of context and will most likely confuse the rest of the viewers of this website, making them possibly read me as something else than what it would have been had they gotten the whole thing.

This just proves Othragons poitns even more - rattling the cage of the "untouchables" will make em gang up on you and try flame you down in dirty tricks and ways most sinister.

And to dear Vexx, old chap - perhaps you should get your reading glasses. My post on forums simply is a support to the OP whom i think has valid points, but i also(if you read your own quote) tell him that he aint that much better. I never said anything that it was wrong that you people "ganged" together and stuck up for each other, i said it was fun that the people he accuses also is for the most part the only ones trying to trash talk him and very convinsingly try to prove him wrong...i might add that your not doing a great job at it.

You lads make me giggle, this is nearing levels of desperation i did not think you lads had in you.

Plainly put, pathetic.

Have fun with this thread now, get in touch with your oversized emo sides and pour your hearts out. I'll read up on it, quite sure it will be hillarious ^^

((For you people who just arrived here, this thread is -not- started by myself even tho it might look that way, it is just a section of a larger discussion from: HERE and is originally after Torgadon's post(which is the current last one). It all conects to the post on wow forums made by Othragon: HERE))

Last edited by Huyana on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
torgadon

torgadon

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures   Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:39 pm

I knew oth, first person i rp'd with on ssl, rael good rp'er oculd be ok crack ooc, he told me he was going to write this and i advised him not too, thought it wasnt gonna be as 'bad' as this. though i get the feeling most of his ooc hate is linked ic kinda
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures   Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:47 pm

@huyana lol I'm not even slightly worked up about this. I treated your questions with respect and tried to debate it, asking you to explain your position, but I see you don't have any answers and can only manage a weak "pathetic" as a retort and hint at consipracies.

Anyway, if you can't debate, or simply have a closed mind, fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion. I'll waste time here no longer. Cya around fella. Smile
Back to top Go down
Huyana

Huyana

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures   Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:51 pm

Now Vexx, i know your glasses are all swirly and stuff since you actually believe that remark was ment only at you and to your questions.

As i accused you of in my previous post you dont read posts too well do you? As i clearly answerd your post in the same manner as you asked them, before the part of this -THREAD- being a rather desperate and pathetic thing. Reading is an artform if done right it seems...you are nearing the title of Maestro in my honest opinion.
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures   Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:53 pm

Huyana wrote:
Nice move shield, "forgetting" the rest of the thread which is included in my "original" post, now putting this rather out of context and will most likely confuse the rest of the viewers of this website, making them possibly read me as something else than what it would have been had they gotten the whole thing.

This just proves Othragons poitns even more - rattling the cage of the "untouchables" will make em gang up on you and try flame you down in dirty tricks and ways most sinister.
You make two mistakes
1) It's Siheld not Shield
2) I didn't even move the topic because if you read I said I don't even know how to move it.
Back to top Go down
Huyana

Huyana

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures   Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:56 pm

Well my appologies to you then Siheld, it was a mere assumption because of a misread on my end and the way you've previously answerd, not to say being a mod and all.

The point is still the same, as -some- mod did move this here, and im quite sure it was with the intent i put forth.
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures   Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:01 pm

do you watch x-files re-runs a lot? or maybe have the dvd box set?
Back to top Go down
Huyana

Huyana

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures   Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:06 pm

I actually do see a X-file rerun if im switching and all of a sudden catch one playing, but its mostly for giggle on how people dressed/looked at the time. Happend once so far, and not able to find one since.

How about you? Not able to continue your "respectfull" discussion?

Or do you wanna stop this nonsense? Im keeping this up for pure amusement, as this was an unexpected turn from a thread i said i would not post on again due to it -then- being part of a totally different subject.
You gotta admit it is odd that someone moves my first reply to a series of posts which took part after Ryleen's picture, and makes my -reply- post the OP, showing me as the Author of the thread. What? you dont find it odd?....how odd?

^^

Last edited by Huyana on Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures   Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:12 pm

No I'm not really a fan.

Discussion, oh? I just assumed you were trolling now so didn't really see any point.

What about other conspiracy theories? Was Bush behind 9-11?
Back to top Go down
Huyana

Huyana

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures   Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:13 pm

Obviously, how else could he continue his fathers work and ensure oily riches for his country.

Or, giving that to Bush jr. would be giving him way too much credit of intelligence...but hey, humanity has done worse things in the name of money Smile

Guess this thead dies out with this, thanks for the help with that Vexx, perhaps your not such a bad chap after all. Tho, im tad disapointed...

Laters all
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures   Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:23 pm

Why do we need another thread about this? Is the one on the realm forums not enough? Why make another thread to discuss that one..?
Please stop spreading the drama even further. Enough with this s**t already, who´s interested in this anyway.. -.-;
So Oth decided to leave with a bang by throwing around some guilt, some hate, some accusations. Allright, now lets leave it be.
Back to top Go down
torgadon

torgadon

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures   Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:40 pm

Daidrax wrote:
Why do we need another thread about this? Is the one on the realm forums not enough? Why make another thread to discuss that one..?
Please stop spreading the drama even further. Enough with this s**t already, who´s interested in this anyway.. -.-;
So Oth decided to leave with a bang by throwing around some guilt, some hate, some accusations. Allright, now lets leave it be.

yup, what daid said =)
Back to top Go down
Kerdal

Kerdal

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures   Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 7:29 pm

Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures Forum_arguments
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures   Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures Empty

Back to top Go down

Discussion on people appreciating joke pictures
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next