We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Let's start anew.

Go down 
+4
Quintilius
Chassandra
Nerissa
Lyranne
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lyranne

Lyranne

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Let's start anew. Empty
PostSubject: Let's start anew.   Let's start anew. EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 7:50 am

Since the 25-man raids organised here stopped, I've gained no loot from heroic Naxx. I've been but never felt comfortable with it. I've also rarely been since, which is a shame, as I like the place. So what to do about this? Do I leave everything behind and try and get into a raiding guild, and hope to be accepted, or do I continue where I am; running Naxx 10-man every week with the AO (provided I'm needed), or even cease thinking about raids and their silliness? This can officially be classed a whine, but I really wish there was some way to get people motivated again. I have two characters that can realistically deal with Naxx heroic and one that has fought Kel and Sapphiron on heroic (oddly my worst-geared character, but meh).

So come on, people! Let's do something about this. I know there are those amongst us who're relying on PuGs, so if there's an organised raid, it benefits everyone.

Everyone that is still interested in seeing content, please post here, and say what you are geared for (dps/tank/healer) and what you're aiming for (casual/Naxx-10/Naxx-25/etc). We can then see about sorting out groups during the week for different things, and designate a leader for each aspect. I'll start, with a basic summary of my characters.

Sarah's Characters:

Mariellé. Paladin. Geared for tanking, dps and healing Naxx of all forms.
Deyyania. S-Priest, though has very good gear for healing, too.
Lonsecia. Death Knight. Main spec is dps, but I'm working on her tanking set. She's crit immune and has tanked most of Naxx 10-man.

Wants: To see all the content, so Naxx-10 and 25 is fine, as well as more attempts at Malygos, etc. I'd like to see OS done with all drakes, too at some point.
Back to top Go down
Nerissa

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Let's start anew. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's start anew.   Let's start anew. EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 12:16 pm

Definitely interested. ^^

Nerissa, resto druid, 213-level gear in all slots bar rings & trinkets, don't yet have my 4-piece tier bonus, available for any 25-man raiding, also 10-man Malygos until AO starts its own runs. Smile
Back to top Go down
Chassandra

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Let's start anew. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's start anew.   Let's start anew. EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 2:59 pm

You know I want to join, I'm just having a hard time to plan my weeks. Naxx 25 will be a priority though.
Me and Nerissa can keep us well fed at least. Might even brew up a flask if you ask me really nice.

Grark Healer/DPS
Dubriette DPS/lolnubtanker
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Let's start anew. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's start anew.   Let's start anew. EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 3:03 pm

I'll join as soon as i get a new ISP, but that can take a while :S
Back to top Go down
Crowley

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Let's start anew. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's start anew.   Let's start anew. EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 3:30 pm

You have my sword, my bow, and my peculiar musty smell.
Back to top Go down
Song

Song

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Let's start anew. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's start anew.   Let's start anew. EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 6:32 pm

Hi there!

I am quite new to this site and to the server as a whole. But having asked around a bit, I've been told this is the place to hang out for a casual raider and notorious roleplayer (or was it the other way around?). I would like to sign up for this raiding activity given there is room and as long as you can cope with newcomers of the realm. So, surely you wonder what I'm packing. I'm playing an Orc Hunter named Song here on SSL, I've recently worked week shifts for my father so gaming as a whole have been on ice for the last three months'ish.

But thats past tense, thank god. I'm back, live and kicking. I've been playing a Hunter during most of TBC, raiding up to BT. But the life on a PvP realm took it's toll on all of us, so I ended up here after a RaF spree. Having played on various RP realms before, we decided to try our luck here! I also have a few real life commitments, so I can't devote enough scheduled time on the game to join a hardcore raiding guild.

Song, out of a raiding point of view is not very well geared except for a few pug tier pieces and heroic loot. But I have attended a few 25m pugs lately and I managed a reasonable damage output, ranging 2.5-3k. But I know the ropes of bow & arrow, and well, when narrowed down, all of the above indirectly lead me here!

So, even though I don't know squat about any of you I am fairly convinced that this is where I will find my social, laid back raiding group with levelheaded people - without demands of an attendance 4+days a week.

So, understanding the delicate situation of the raiding community going through a rough patch I wish to offer my services, so to speak.

Regards // Song
Back to top Go down
Brontz

Brontz

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Let's start anew. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's start anew.   Let's start anew. EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 8:17 pm

Brontz would like to join any raids, he is strting to get quite prepared for naxx 10 now i believe.

Dps atm but working on my tanking gear
Back to top Go down
Chowlawu

Chowlawu

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Let's start anew. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's start anew.   Let's start anew. EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 6:56 am

I'd love to get this up again, but if I'm honest, I don't see it happening in the near future.

The reason being that as we gear people up, it's inevitable that they will start to peel off to raiding guilds, such is the nature of this kind of group. It starts off well, and we start to get gear, and people start getting recruited to bigger guilds because they have now got gear and experience.

-If- this is to get going, we have to have a level of trust and reassurance that people we gear up and teach tactics to won't leave us after they've got the gear. It's hard to gear up without a raiding guild, but once you are, it's easy to get into one, catch 22 kind of thing.

That all said, if you want me to raid lead, I'll be happy to do it, but this time I want to do it more formally. We need a system in place to benefit the people who put more work in, we need some way to know that this will last. I won't force people to stick with the group, but I want to at least know that they aren't using us as a stepping stone for getting into a raid guild.

The last group was a big let down for me, and I can tell anyone who wants to know that it's not as easy as it sounds to co-ordinate 25 people, especially when a good portion of them are just there for the purples.

Chowlawu - Full epic hunter - dps
Nameya - ( nearly ) full epic resto druid and half epic tank

Both characters have seen KT fall on heroic, Chow's downed malygos 10.
Back to top Go down
Lyranne

Lyranne

Let's start anew. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's start anew.   Let's start anew. EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 10:48 am

What's with all tha advert links all of a sudden O.o

Anyhoo, great to see people interested. Might I suggest that those here in guilds suggest this to those active PvEers so that we might further bolster our numbers (I know for a fact that the AO has at -least- 15 great players, and I'm sure they'd love to see Naxx heroic with friends rather than constant PuGs). I was thinking if people post a thread on their respective Guild sites and ask for those interested to post, then copy/paste a list here so that we know where we are (not forgetting to ask for the specs, naturally) ^^

Also: Welcome to SSL, Song! I hope you enjoy your time here, and if we can properly get this back off the ground, you're more than welcome to come along.
Back to top Go down
Brontz

Brontz

Let's start anew. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's start anew.   Let's start anew. EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 12:09 pm

Thought i add i have experience playing a death knight both heroic and normal version of all the current raids, as i have alvl 80 DK on another but has left that for RP.

I'll stick to the roleplayer's group as i am in a RP guild anyway which i do not want to leave and then it's good to have a pug group you can always go with:)
Back to top Go down
Chowlawu

Chowlawu

Let's start anew. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's start anew.   Let's start anew. EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 2:21 pm

The problem we're going to have is not healers or dps, oddly. It's tanks.

Garv isn't up for tanking Naxx 25, Linoria is no longer with us, Stiiko and Taysir have vanished, and Quin can't tank for us at the moment.

We need at least three tanks to get this right (Bear minimum two tanks, but Patchwerk will be impossible then), and I only know of one who'd join us, Celiena.
Back to top Go down
Brontz

Brontz

Let's start anew. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's start anew.   Let's start anew. EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 2:47 pm

I can respecc tank for raiding as soon as i get some bether gear for it
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Let's start anew. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's start anew.   Let's start anew. EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 2:48 pm

Sorreh :S
Back to top Go down
Chowlawu

Chowlawu

Let's start anew. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's start anew.   Let's start anew. EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 2:56 pm

's okay Quin, we know that you'd be with us if you could.
Back to top Go down
Lyranne

Lyranne

Let's start anew. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's start anew.   Let's start anew. EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 10:28 am

I have two raid crit immune characters who can tank, so I really don't think it's quite the worry you think it is. I'd also point out, as many have rightly said, I play my three level 80's pretty equally. Not one of them is my 'main' (As I'd like to think was evident by Deyy's dps/damage output against Malygos last night). As for raiding in general, I have no 'alt' in a raiding guild, so have no characters I can't bring.

So to reiterate:

Lonny: Crit immune tank, with 28k health unbuffed, or dps with up to 3k+ dps.

Marie: Crit immune tank, with about 27k unbuffed health. A healer with over 2k spell power and 30% crit, or a again, a 3k+ dps.

And then Deyy: hit-capped S-Priest, who has MC tanked the Rezuvious encounter and contributed to the Havens fastest timed on defeating said boss. or a healer with again, 2k spell power.

All three have maxed proffs (Marie skinner/enchanter, Lonny Miner/Engineer, and Deyy Herb/Alchemist)

So tell me; who's my main?
Back to top Go down
Chowlawu

Chowlawu

Let's start anew. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's start anew.   Let's start anew. EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 4:52 pm

That gives us two tanks if you're willing to tank for us. I don't have the time anymore to go looking for people to fill the spots.

I kind of lost confidence in the group a while ago, I hope it's understandable that I'm a bit sceptical that this will work. That said, I'll help however I can to get this up again. I'd suggest that anyone who's interested posts here, and I'll start on a new list. I'd like to run some sort of gear check, but I can't expect 25 people who aren't in raid guilds to be geared.

I don't know if everyone still wants me to raid lead, I'd be happy to, but if I do, it'll be a little less wild than before.
Back to top Go down
Lyranne

Lyranne

Let's start anew. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's start anew.   Let's start anew. EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 12:25 pm

I'm willing to do pretty much anything I can for friends, which includes tanking, healing or dps (and in the case of Marie, doing all three in a single Naxx run). I want to see progress, and I enjoy hearing cheers over vent when people have beaten a boss for the first time, and even the tenth. That feeling of merriment makes me feel better as I'd like to think I've helped in some way.
Back to top Go down
Chowlawu

Chowlawu

Let's start anew. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's start anew.   Let's start anew. EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 1:06 pm

I totally agree, when we downed Malygos last week for the first time, it was nothing short of awesome. But on the other hand, posting signups week after week, and not getting people signing up took it's toll on me. Hence why I restarted the project, on a far smaller scale, with people who I know for sure will allways be up for it.

I've allways said that I want to start this up again, and if it can happen, I'll do whatever I can to get it going again. What hurts though, and I don't think anyone took the hit as hard as me, was watching people splinter off, and seeing the group slowly dieing due to the lack of progress.

Until this gets going again, I strongly suggest that anyone who wants to do the 25 man runs goes and reads up on all the tactics on all the bosses in Naxx ( And perhaps get involved in the 10 mans and/or 25 man PuG's, to get the tactics right). The problem we had a lot of the time was people who didn't know what they were doing making silly mistakes. I'll ofcourse happily clear things up for everyone, but it's not unreasonable to ask people to read up on tactics before they start with 25 man raids, is it?

If you're unsure of where to look for tactics, Wowwiki, Wowhead, and Thottbot usually have some pretty good explanations.

I want this to work again, but I've lost a lot of the confidence I once had for raiding within the rp community as a whole. ( Note, not everyone, but a large enough portion. )
Back to top Go down
Brontz

Brontz

Let's start anew. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's start anew.   Let's start anew. EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 1:14 pm

Just need to jump in here and ask When do you usually have the raids which days and from what time
Back to top Go down
Chowlawu

Chowlawu

Let's start anew. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's start anew.   Let's start anew. EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 1:34 pm

The usual times were at 20h30 on wednesday evenings, and 14h00 on sunday afternoons

I was thinking of extending to Fridays as well, but I'm not sure what people's schedules look like.
Back to top Go down
Brontz

Brontz

Let's start anew. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's start anew.   Let's start anew. EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 1:44 pm

and how late you usually raided?
Back to top Go down
Chowlawu

Chowlawu

Let's start anew. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's start anew.   Let's start anew. EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 1:59 pm

We usually spend about three hours raiding, sometimes more if people are up for it.
Back to top Go down
Brontz

Brontz

Let's start anew. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's start anew.   Let's start anew. EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 3:55 pm

hm Won't fit for me on wednesdays but all the other days i'll gladly join
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Let's start anew. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's start anew.   Let's start anew. Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's start anew.
Page 1 of 1