We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The "It's a funny old world" thread

Go down 
+5
Malicestrom
Siheld
Shadowhoof
Emanee
Ryleen
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The "It's a funny old world" thread Empty
PostSubject: The "It's a funny old world" thread   The "It's a funny old world" thread EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 10:35 am

Ok, I've finally decided that we need a thread for random thoughts and observations.

The rules are very rules are very easy:
- You post a thought about something, anything.
- You can even post your opinions on it.
- You CANNOT respond to other people's posts.
- This is not a thread for massive posts, just short observations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "It's a funny old world" thread   The "It's a funny old world" thread EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 10:37 am

Anyone ever noticed that "Lah" is completely dependent but all the other notes have a life outside the scale? Doe a dear, ray a drop of golden sun, me a name I call myself, far a long way to run, sow with a needle and thread, tea is a drink and yet the only thing they could come up with for lah is "a note to follow sow". What's up with that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "It's a funny old world" thread   The "It's a funny old world" thread EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 10:45 am

There's a joke that goes:
Did you hear the one about the dyslexic, agnostic insomniac? He stayed awake all night wondering if there was a dog.

This joke has now caused me to wonder if a paranoid schizophrenic is someone who thinks he's trying to kill himself.
Back to top Go down
Ryleen

Ryleen

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The "It's a funny old world" thread   The "It's a funny old world" thread EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 11:09 am

One of the most wonderful things in the world is the first day of spring when you can go outside, and the sunlight feels warm on your face. No better way to improve your mood. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://aldriona.deviantart.com
Emanee

Emanee

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-06-23

PostSubject: Re: The "It's a funny old world" thread   The "It's a funny old world" thread EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 11:59 am

This sandwich tastes strangely of peppermint.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "It's a funny old world" thread   The "It's a funny old world" thread EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 12:21 pm

this thread reeks of random boredom... oh well

five emos are in a square room... one commits suicide... why? cuz he dind't have a corner to cry in...
Back to top Go down
Shadowhoof

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: The "It's a funny old world" thread   The "It's a funny old world" thread EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 3:47 pm

I feel like I've been working in a circus for 2 weeks, thankfully the boss is back on monday to take over again! I hope my house sale goes through quickly. Home time soon and friday off, woot!
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: The "It's a funny old world" thread   The "It's a funny old world" thread EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 4:38 pm

I'm damn hungry.. And now I feel me little tiny tummy rumbling..
In a few minutes, i'll get my meal, but the minutes seems to take hours.
My poor, poor tummy.
Back to top Go down
Emanee

Emanee

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-06-23

PostSubject: Re: The "It's a funny old world" thread   The "It's a funny old world" thread EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 4:54 pm

Curry would be really nice, but getting it delivered is always an arse. Dominos would be nice too but so over priced. I really need to eat healthily but I'm raid leading and just dont have time to cook... and I want something baaaaad
Back to top Go down
Malicestrom

Malicestrom

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: The "It's a funny old world" thread   The "It's a funny old world" thread EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 7:35 pm

I wonder if they still sell that shampoo I like...
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: The "It's a funny old world" thread   The "It's a funny old world" thread EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 8:15 am

When is this damn homeshopping program finally over?!
I've had enough of the "Nicer-Dicer", "Ab-trainer" and "Steam-shark". And how the hell do they get those names?!
Back to top Go down
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: The "It's a funny old world" thread   The "It's a funny old world" thread EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 8:17 am

Siheld wrote:
When is this damn homeshopping program finally over?!
I've had enough of the "Nicer-Dicer", "Ab-trainer" and "Steam-shark". And how the hell do they get those names?!

Did you miss the Flavourwave turbo? That's the one with Mr T.
And why does Mr T even star in a home shopping cooking device commercial?
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: The "It's a funny old world" thread   The "It's a funny old world" thread EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 8:19 am

It is on now, on RTL 5 -.-''
Back to top Go down
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

PostSubject: Re: The "It's a funny old world" thread   The "It's a funny old world" thread EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 8:23 am

Where is Mike with his amazing discoveries Sad He had at least some charm, if you can call it that for a home shopping program.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "It's a funny old world" thread   The "It's a funny old world" thread EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 11:32 am

God is on holiday, leave your message after the beep...
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: The "It's a funny old world" thread   The "It's a funny old world" thread EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 2:28 pm

Wonders where my inspiration to write Quint stories has gone. Can't find it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "It's a funny old world" thread   The "It's a funny old world" thread EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 2:41 pm

Bought an Ikea bed.
Considering possible three options:
1. Assemble it myself, break nail, cut off finger or worse.
2. Assemble it together with husband, break nail, cut off finger, be yelled at, be cursed at, avoid screwdrivers flying about.
3. Have husband assemble it on his own, bring beer up to the bedroom once in a while, sit down, level Lynn and chuckle about curses coming from upstairs.

Hmmmmmm now what option would it be?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "It's a funny old world" thread   The "It's a funny old world" thread EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 2:43 pm

Who was the first person to come up with the storyline where the villain tells the hero his plans while the hero is captured before the hero escapes.
Back to top Go down
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

PostSubject: Re: The "It's a funny old world" thread   The "It's a funny old world" thread EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 2:47 pm

Lynnora wrote:
Bought an Ikea bed.
Considering possible three options:
1. Assemble it myself, break nail, cut off finger or worse.
2. Assemble it together with husband, break nail, cut off finger, be yelled at, be cursed at, avoid screwdrivers flying about.
3. Have husband assemble it on his own, bring beer up to the bedroom once in a while, sit down, level Lynn and chuckle about curses coming from upstairs.

Hmmmmmm now what option would it be?

If you husband likes "leedvermaak" I'd say 1 and have him watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "It's a funny old world" thread   The "It's a funny old world" thread EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 2:48 pm

Who was the first to break rule number 3?
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: The "It's a funny old world" thread   The "It's a funny old world" thread EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 2:59 pm

LOL @ Lynn!
I'd say go for the third..
Damn, being a guy is hard! Sad
Back to top Go down
munechi

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: The "It's a funny old world" thread   The "It's a funny old world" thread EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 3:12 pm

Gurfang wrote:
Who was the first to break rule number 3?

morgy , and you were number 2 that broke rule 3 ,siheld is 3 and im 4 Very Happy

whose going to be 5? or will all our posts be deleted?
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: The "It's a funny old world" thread   The "It's a funny old world" thread EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 3:35 pm

Marius sier:
There's something strange happening with ventilation system in this building..
this week I've had intense food smells coming from my neighbours kitchen.. in my bathroom.
whenever they make their dinner it stinks up my bathroom.

Marius sier:
It begs the question, if I get their food smells from their kitchen, do they get my shit smells in their kitchen?
Ping sier:
LOL
I'd say the draft is one way, from them to u.
kinda a funny thought tho.
Marius sier:
"Why is that everytime I start dinner this aweful shit smell comes from nowhere?"
*from the living room* well, maybe if you cooked something good for a change that wouldnt happen, dear."
Ping sier:
Marius: "Ah they're having chilli for dinner..."
Neighbour: "Ah, he had chilli for dinner..."
Marius sier:
"Oh ha ha. I'd like to see you try and cook something. Or do anything at all for that matter"
"Hey, i do lots of stuff."
"Like what?"
"Well, fuck you for one"
"What? You think fucking me is a chore?"
Ping sier:
LOL

Marius sier:
"The way you just lie there, yes. You could perhaps try and give something back.."
"I would if I had the time, but you cum faster then I manage to say "Oh yes.." "
"Hey, that's unfair.."
Ping sier:
buahahhah
Marius sier:
"The size of your cock is unfair.."
"Okey, that's it. I am having an affair"
"I know honey, so do I. And my affair is better, hotter and richer than yours."
"I hate you."
Ping sier:
lol
Marius sier:
"I know dear. Oh, and Paul isn't your son. I am going out for a pack of cigarettes. Bye"
*never returns*
and all that because my shit smell gets into their kitchen!
Ping sier:
rofl
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "It's a funny old world" thread   The "It's a funny old world" thread EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 3:37 pm

I'm wondering when people stopped reading rules. Not just in this thread but in general. The number of people that ignored the "toilets out of use" in my last job and then moaned at the door being locked was ridiculous!
Immediacy > literacy Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: The "It's a funny old world" thread   The "It's a funny old world" thread EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 3:43 pm

We saw your Rules, thought about it, then went Nah, and made something better out of it. *nods*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "It's a funny old world" thread   The "It's a funny old world" thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The "It's a funny old world" thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next