We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The one and only... Music Thread!

Go down 
+16
Snicka
Huyana
Quintilius
Elisse
Xariandra
Opathu
Leaf
Vypra
Shadowtroll
Lyranne
Archnazg
Vexacus
Ryleen
Morgalyen
Feronius
Siheld
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Feronius

Feronius

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-06-05

The one and only... Music Thread! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The one and only... Music Thread!   The one and only... Music Thread! - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 9:41 pm

The electrical violin thingy is actually quitte original and imba Shocked <3
Also like the Airship pirate song cause it's funny and sounds good hehe
Back to top Go down
Elisse

Elisse

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: The one and only... Music Thread!   The one and only... Music Thread! - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 10:11 pm

*Huggles Lyranne*
Our taste in music is pretty much parallel!
Funkadelic=Love!

Last edited by Elisse on Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xariandra

Xariandra

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: The one and only... Music Thread!   The one and only... Music Thread! - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 10:11 pm

Siheld wrote:
True, it was a generalisation, but atleast you can dance on Techno

Not everyone wants to dance to music Razz
Back to top Go down
Elisse

Elisse

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: The one and only... Music Thread!   The one and only... Music Thread! - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 10:14 pm

Xariandra wrote:

Not everyone wants to dance to music Razz

Yeah, a lot of people hated mozart for that reason. Just not danceable enough.
Oh and by the way:
The one and only... Music Thread! - Page 3 Josh_h11
<3<3<3 *drewl*
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: The one and only... Music Thread!   The one and only... Music Thread! - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 10:55 pm

the norwegian eurovision song is quite cool actually, believe it or not..

The dude put norwegian folk music into pop and it sounds quite nicely..

Alexander Rybak - fairytale
Back to top Go down
Ryleen

Ryleen

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The one and only... Music Thread!   The one and only... Music Thread! - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 11:07 pm

Since Abney Park seems to be the only of the music I linked that people liked, here some more Smile

*wonders if music taste is boring, or just too different from everyone else's*

Abney Park - Sleep Isabella

Abney PArk - Dear Ophelia

Abney Park - The Wrong Side

Abney Park - She

Abney Park - This Dark And Twisted Road

*cries over bad live recordings not making pretty songs justice*
Back to top Go down
http://aldriona.deviantart.com
Ryleen

Ryleen

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The one and only... Music Thread!   The one and only... Music Thread! - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 11:19 pm

Quintilius wrote:
the norwegian eurovision song is quite cool actually, believe it or not..

The dude put norwegian folk music into pop and it sounds quite nicely..

Alexander Rybak - fairytale

It sounds nice. But I do have a huge weakness for folkpop and folkrock Smile

Sweden's song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swPY8P1VGzM (I'm told she's some really famous opera singer who just did this for fun, but I don't know many famous opera singers, so I wouldn't know Smile )

We didn't have all that many good songs. (was forced to watch finals with parents =P ) Several nice ones, but none really good. Oh, and I can't help but notice that this one seem to have designed her stage costume with the black mageweave set in mind -> Link. It's even got the shoulderpads!
Back to top Go down
http://aldriona.deviantart.com
Leaf

Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: The one and only... Music Thread!   The one and only... Music Thread! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 12:35 am

Ugh, don't remind me of Sweden's big fail in picking Eurovision songs. Next year I'm just going to assume it's crap and not look - almost managed to do it this year, but then my mother got lonely and asked me to watch the final with her. >_<;
Back to top Go down
Huyana

Huyana

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: The one and only... Music Thread!   The one and only... Music Thread! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 1:08 am

Got a hot streak for In Flames atm, liked them for years - but been listening to alot of stuff here and there. Decided to listen to a record of em again, brought back memories and reminded me of how kick ass they really are Smile

Crawl Through Knives
Only for the Weak
Take This Life
Trigger
Cloud Connected
Come Clarity

These are just some of my favorites from In Flames:)

Else i bands like:

Soil
Halo

Disturbed
Prayer

Tool
Stinkfist(Wicked video - or, ordinary tool ^^)

System of a Down
Aerials

Iron Maiden
Childhood's End
Back to top Go down
http://www.noctem.phpbb24.com
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: The one and only... Music Thread!   The one and only... Music Thread! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 7:29 am

Ryleen wrote:

Sweden's song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swPY8P1VGzM (I'm told she's some really famous opera singer who just did this for fun, but I don't know many famous opera singers, so I wouldn't know Smile )

Well, pop and opera don't match in my opinion.
And Ry, I haven't known Abney Park before, but I really liked some of their stuff!
I'll post some of my own stuff soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

Number of posts : 479

PostSubject: Re: The one and only... Music Thread!   The one and only... Music Thread! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 9:38 am

Andrews Sister & Danny Kaye - Civilization (for something from Oppies childhood.)
Back to top Go down
Lyranne

Lyranne

Number of posts : 329

PostSubject: Re: The one and only... Music Thread!   The one and only... Music Thread! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 11:05 am

*gives Elisse some uber-win-cookies* Josh Homme's awesome!

Funkedelic are possibly one of the greatest bands to illicit the response "Who?"

As everyone knows, I have made it my mission to extol the virtues of Eddie Hazel as being one of the greatest unsung guitarists. The track Maggot Brain was basically created from George Clinton asking him to play as if he'd just found out his mother had died. He was then told a fair way in to play as though he found out there was a mistake, and she was in fact alive. Essentially this gives the track an emotional core that one can't help but be deeply moved by, unless you really have a strong disliking for guitars, I guess.

Oh, and on a side note: I nearly died when I saw a Tee-Shirt in Camden of the Maggot Brain album sleeve (If only I'd had the cash Sad)
Back to top Go down
Chassandra

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: The one and only... Music Thread!   The one and only... Music Thread! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 1:17 pm

I'll make a small contribution too then.

I stumbled across this guy some years ago and I do tend to dust off his CDs every now and again. He's kinda folk music/bard like, writing about high and low things.
Only thing is that it's all in Swedish, but if you have any grasp of the language, listen a bit. The text is truly wonderful, extremly clever and humorous at times.

Soul of fire: A small song about being absolutly and utterly normal and being resented for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnwF6j5jSsQ

Never afraid: Standing up against (and being beaten by) all those who hate you for being different.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vChhC7yS2w&feature=related

Alexandra: Cheating with your best friends girl.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLkHba3a7Lk&feature=related

Breathe: Trying to save a borderliner.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz_Mpw1aJjU

Also, here's a song suiting Chassandra. If you havn't heard it, you defenitivly should.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHjBdggzh3o&feature=related

Last edited by Chassandra on Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Feronius

Feronius

PostSubject: Re: The one and only... Music Thread!   The one and only... Music Thread! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 1:36 pm

the dutch eurovision is sang by 3 folkssingers who SUCK and of which the majority of them is gay. And when I say gay I mean one of those publicity-gay faggots that are just completly wrong in every way.. and the songs are loved by 45 years+ Housewives in general. Don't think they could've made a worse choice..

And ryleen I just liked the airship one the best Razz funny one which sounds good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The one and only... Music Thread!   The one and only... Music Thread! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 4:21 pm

Matty Groves by Fairport Convention.

Now before anyone starts bemoaning about Folk Rock, even if you don't like the song (and it's a pretty good one) then at least look at the visuals that they've used to illustrate the story of the song!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The one and only... Music Thread!   The one and only... Music Thread! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 10:22 pm

Siheld wrote:

Finally someone who doesn't listen to screaming, bad guitars and some sort of retard on the drums.

Sorry man, i know you already appologised for your generalisation, but i gotta make a point clear here...

Obviously, not all "heavy-metal" is good, however, as a metalhead, i can only understand if other persons don't like my musical taste, happens all the time and i'm okay with it, each to his own and all

however, i DARE any of those so called musicians (pop-rock posers, hiphoppers and most dj's for instance) out there to drop the "so-easy-a-chimp-could-do-songs-with" softwares and pro-tools crap, to pick up a guitar or a drumkit, compose and perform intricate musical compositions and patterns using mostly distortion effects and low-tunnings at speeds superior to 220bpm's...

i mean, isn't it enough we're already frowned at by the majority of the musical community and have to bust our asses touring to get a decent record deal? why the hell do we have to keep putting up with ass-hole's shit about how metal is nothing but noise??!!

to be honest, Progressive Death Metal (death, gojira, the faceless etc) is instrumentally speaking the most demanding and challenging style out there... only REALLY talented musicians can do it... makes you think why would these genious simply not put out a crappy song with a catchy beat or tune that no one resists dancing or singing along to, and profit millions within weeks on account of the ignorant mtv music buying masses...

we have our own place, our own universe to be honest... you may not like it, but we're fine with it and most of all we're not imposing it to anyone...

Cheers and... Horns up! Wink \m/
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: The one and only... Music Thread!   The one and only... Music Thread! - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 8:39 am

For the metal-lovers here: I listened 4 metal/heavy metal songs, but I just couldn't understand.
And I didn't feel the joy and energy, which I do feel when I listen to my music.
It sounds... like.. well, nothing to me :S
I'm sorry I tried Sad

Last edited by Siheld on Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo's)
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: The one and only... Music Thread!   The one and only... Music Thread! - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 10:20 am

I'm sorta like Vex: an ex-metalhead who now listens to a lot more stuff outside the box. Unlike him, however, whilst I do like the KLF et al I also got into a variety of jazz, hip-hop, blues, folk, rock, sometimes classical, and whatever else happens to take my fancy. (Apologies to Vex if he also has a more varied taste)

.e.g. bands I like ... Pixies, AC/DC, The Shamen, Prodigy, Dizzie Rascal, Wiley, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Motorhead, Faithless, Electric Six, Jane's Addiction, Tricky, Morrisey (used to hate him, lol), Muse, Public Enemy, Rage Against the Machine, Youssou N'Dour ... and so many more.

I love discovering "new" music, even if it's old and I've just never listened to it before. I always like an "edge" to my music, too. Used to love hearing the bass beats of the cars cruising up and down in the ghetto area where I lived in south London.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
Feronius

Feronius

PostSubject: Re: The one and only... Music Thread!   The one and only... Music Thread! - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 6:43 pm

Not my usual kind of music, but still quitte sick. Globus - Europe (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc56moy0poA)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The one and only... Music Thread!   The one and only... Music Thread! - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 8:11 pm

Siheld wrote:
For the metal-lovers here: I listened 4 metal/heavy metal songs, but I just couldn't understand.
And I didn't feel the joy and energy, which I do feel when I listen to my music.
It sounds... like.. well, nothing to me :S
I'm sorry I tried Sad

hey it's okay, like i said, each to hiw own!

i just pissed sometimes... doesn't fit my head that morons make millions with really shitty songs and we lose of one the greatest musicians of all times (not an exageration) to cancer because there was no money for treatments... rest in peace Chuck... \m/
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881

PostSubject: Re: The one and only... Music Thread!   The one and only... Music Thread! - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:00 am

Othragon wrote:
to be honest, Progressive Death Metal (death, gojira, the faceless etc) is instrumentally speaking the most demanding and challenging style out there... only REALLY talented musicians can do it... makes you think why would these genious simply not put out a crappy song with a catchy beat or tune that no one resists dancing or singing along to, and profit millions within weeks on account of the ignorant mtv music buying masses...

Shame for them then that the end product sounds like a total load of shit then it they are putting in all that skill and effort.

Othragon wrote:
i just pissed sometimes... doesn't fit my head that morons make millions with really shitty songs and we lose of one the greatest musicians of all times (not an exageration) to cancer because there was no money for treatments... rest in peace Chuck... \m/

chuck who?
Back to top Go down
Xariandra

Xariandra

PostSubject: Re: The one and only... Music Thread!   The one and only... Music Thread! - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:19 am

Dont be mean now, Vexacus

Being mean on the internet is naughty
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: The one and only... Music Thread!   The one and only... Music Thread! - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:26 am

G'damn Vex is mean! Razz

*hi-fives the General*
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881

PostSubject: Re: The one and only... Music Thread!   The one and only... Music Thread! - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:44 am

Xariandra wrote:
Dont be mean now, Vexacus

Being mean on the internet is naughty

But Vypra told me I have a talent to be a jerk. Sad
Back to top Go down
Xariandra

Xariandra

PostSubject: Re: The one and only... Music Thread!   The one and only... Music Thread! - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:33 am

You sure you didn't understand that a bit wrong? There are other usages for the word "jerk" ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The one and only... Music Thread!   The one and only... Music Thread! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The one and only... Music Thread!
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next