We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Banner Competition!

Go down 
+5
Quintilius
Leaf
Morgalyen
Siheld
Vypra
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Banner Competition! Empty
PostSubject: Banner Competition!   Banner Competition! EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 9:01 pm

The first round of changes have been made to the boards but what this forum still needs is a shiny new banner!

Now, as i suck at making them (and i've tried! ), I'm appealing to all you artistic types to take part in a little competition to find a new one.

I'd like something that shows this is a place for both Horde and Alliance rp-ers to use and, if possible, it should fit with the current colour scheme, though i am happy to tweak the forum colours to fit...as long as its not Pink!!!!

If anybody who does not want to become a forum member wishes to take part, they can post a link to their image in the thread i'll be making on the realm forum. Forum members can post their entries below and i'll make a poll once they're all in.

The deadline for entries is Friday 15th October

Thanks for reading this and please pass the message on to anybody you think might be interested....and finally, thanks in advance to those who make the time to enter

Smile
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Banner Competition!   Banner Competition! EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 3:40 pm

Gonna do me best with Photoshop.
Back to top Go down
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Banner Competition!   Banner Competition! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 9:13 am

So, my dear old banner is finally going.... awwwwww Sad
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Banner Competition!   Banner Competition! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 9:19 am

that remains to be seen Morgy. Its not like there's been a rush of interest yet. Razz
Back to top Go down
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

PostSubject: Re: Banner Competition!   Banner Competition! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 9:50 am

Well.... for now I think this version might be better suited in color then and just change it when there's a new version.

Banner Competition! BannerWeAreLegion800temp
or
Banner Competition! BannerWeAreLegion800temp2
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Banner Competition!   Banner Competition! EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 8:17 pm

Size restrictions? I mean... I run my shiz on a 16:9 widescreen, with a resolution of 1920x1080... something that looks tiny on my screen might be huge on others.
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Banner Competition!   Banner Competition! EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 9:11 pm

the current banner is 800by250pixels so try not to make it much bigger than that i'd say
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

PostSubject: Re: Banner Competition!   Banner Competition! EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 11:02 pm

Ok... whipped this up... might be too dark, I dunno. Let me know if you see some changes that can be altered easily, such as font style, effects, position or size. Sadly I've merged the layers in the saved file, so can't change those that much without having to start over (which I could do if need be, I suppose).

Banner Competition! 4fdaa1b5
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Banner Competition!   Banner Competition! EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 12:00 am

that.. is.. sexeh..
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Banner Competition!   Banner Competition! EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 6:19 am

Very nice leafy! Smile

Whats the sauce on the image?
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

PostSubject: Re: Banner Competition!   Banner Competition! EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 3:47 pm

Thanks. ^_^

There are three images in there, I just fiddled them together in a manner I saw fitting. I think I found them all on Blizzard's official art section, and/or their fan-art section.
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: Banner Competition!   Banner Competition! EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 5:07 pm

Did ma best with ze time I had Wink
Please give me hints and tips

Banner Competition! Banner
(woot, women)

Banner Competition! Banner2
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

PostSubject: Re: Banner Competition!   Banner Competition! EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 5:41 pm

Shows Horde and Alliance being together a bit better than mine (even though there is a Night Elf to the right on my contribution). :P

Personally I'm not that fond of a heavy set outer glow like those, but it's good to see that it is different from mine in that manner (and other ways as well, of course) — gives us more to choose from than just a slight hint of separation. :)
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Banner Competition!   Banner Competition! EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 5:49 pm

Wow, this is good guys. Going to be an actual competition here now.

Good stuff all round, would still love to see a few more though Smile
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: Banner Competition!   Banner Competition! EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 6:49 pm

Very nice indeed.

However, I think the text your banners (Siheld) are slightly too "seperate" from the rest of the picture. Meaning it looks like a picture with just writing smacked on top of it, if you tried to intergrate the letters abit more into the rest of the banner it would look better.

Ofcourse, I also believe the rest of the site should undergo abit of a facelift. It's alrleady been pointed out by Aquila on the realm forum, but the color scheme isn't very nice to look at, and also using tiled picture in the background isn't really all that pretty. The overall look reminds me of how web pages looked 7-10 years ago. The site is abit "blocky" in the sense that the different parts of the site doesn't integrate well with eachother.

Ofcourse, I understand that going over the whole site like this would demand some time and knowhow, and would perhaps be too much to ask compared to its purpose, but good design sure do invite more use though.
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: Banner Competition!   Banner Competition! EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 7:09 pm

I see what you mean Quint, will work on that tomorrow;)
Back to top Go down
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

PostSubject: Re: Banner Competition!   Banner Competition! EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 7:37 pm

I think you should use caps for "Scarshield Legion" as well Siheld, in my opinion that looks a bit nicer
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: Banner Competition!   Banner Competition! EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 7:56 pm

but which image is nicer?
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Banner Competition!   Banner Competition! EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 8:07 pm

Quintilius wrote:

Ofcourse, I also believe the rest of the site should undergo abit of a facelift. It's alrleady been pointed out by Aquila on the realm forum, but the color scheme isn't very nice to look at, and also using tiled picture in the background isn't really all that pretty. The overall look reminds me of how web pages looked 7-10 years ago. The site is abit "blocky" in the sense that the different parts of the site doesn't integrate well with eachother.

Ofcourse, I understand that going over the whole site like this would demand some time and knowhow, and would perhaps be too much to ask compared to its purpose, but good design sure do invite more use though.

I totally agree Quint...want to show me how? Wink
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

PostSubject: Re: Banner Competition!   Banner Competition! EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 2:00 am

Siheld wrote:
but which image is nicer?
The first one, imho... and I'm not only saying that because there's more breast in it. Tone down the outer glow, while playing with the hue/saturation or (and) contrast/brightness, and the text will fade in with the image better. :)
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: Banner Competition!   Banner Competition! EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 2:09 am

Vypra wrote:
Quintilius wrote:

I totally agree Quint...want to show me how? Wink

Oh, there's so many things I want to show you how.......
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

PostSubject: Re: Banner Competition!   Banner Competition! EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 1:56 pm

Is it just me or did the background change, again?

Edit: Yupp, it did... and wow, that thing is even big on my screen.
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Banner Competition!   Banner Competition! EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 2:53 pm

yes. i'm still trying to do things to make the forum look better...i'm just shit at it Razz

anyway, no more about that here please. lets not clutter this thread any further. if you have comments or suggestions about what i need to do to the site to make it look better, please put it in the suggestions forum.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Abrena

Abrena

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Banner Competition!   Banner Competition! EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 6:46 pm

Banner Competition! Wearelegion

Origional fanart by http://otherdane.deviantart.com/

Update: I saw you added a new forum layout preview.
I think this version fits that one better: Banner Competition! Wearelegion2
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Banner Competition!   Banner Competition! EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 7:35 pm

good stuff, thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banner Competition!   Banner Competition! Empty

Back to top Go down

Banner Competition!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next