We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Celebration of O Tal Nor 2010!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ziah

Ziah

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-03-25

The Celebration of O Tal Nor 2010! Empty
PostSubject: The Celebration of O Tal Nor 2010!   The Celebration of O Tal Nor 2010! EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:21 pm

This event seemed to go down very well last year, so it's going to make a return this year cheers

The celebration of O Tal Nor

When Quel'Thalas was still flourishing and lively beyond imagination, its inhabitants would have an annual celebration of New Beginnings. After the sun had set, the Elves would make campfires and share their good intentions and ideas for the upcoming Season of Sun. Starting with the next day, they would do their best to focus again on their goals which they could share that evening or keep intentionally secret.

Writing their good intentions on a note, they would all together apply them to a fire rocket and shoot them simultaneously into the skies of Quel'Thalas, to have the ashes flow into the powers surrounding the Sunwell, giving their intentions more strength and consistency that way.

O Tal Nor, Thalassian for 'A New Day', was called upon to celebrate new beginnings and new plans, but has been forgotten since Quel'Thalas was destroyed. Now, many years later, two sin'dorei have decided the time has come to set new life into the celebration, and make some adjustments to it. With their new-found allies, they wish to expand their spirit throughout all the races of the Horde.
United as one, forgetting grief and distress against each other, for one evening, we will celebrate our wishes for the upcoming summer.

OOC: This is an event for both new roleplayers as older roleplayers, we will also try to carry in some OOC'ers from the realm who have interest for roleplaying but haven't got it off the ground yet.

For the new roleplayers the aim is to have an easy accessible event for them to get introduced to light roleplaying. Although the main goal is to have a good time, meet new roleplayers, for guilds to recruit new players, we will also have a mini event. At the end of the evening everyone is to light the fireworks they brought (we will also be providing fireworks for those who have forgotten theirs). The big thought behind it is of course that everyone shoots their wishes into the air, which should also make a good point of conversation.

Where: TBC (last year it was on the second rise in Thunderbluff, in front of Cairne's tent)

When: TBC (last year's was in April)

What: Alcohol and fireworks will be provided, however, feel free to bring any of your own. Feel free to invite OOC'ers who have interest for roleplaying. For more information keep track of this thread!

Dress code: None, dress to impress or just be yourself.
Back to top Go down
Ziah

Ziah

PostSubject: Re: The Celebration of O Tal Nor 2010!   The Celebration of O Tal Nor 2010! EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:26 pm

For information about last year's events read this thread and for stories about last year read this thread.

For this year we will need:
  • Someone to help me run the event on the night
  • People to help provide and to serve alcohol Thanks Vyp
  • People to provide fireworks Thanks Avior
  • Someone to distribute fireworks during the event
  • Other people to volunteer to do general mingling on the night
  • Anyone willing to tell a story or two about new beginnings or past O Tal Nors at the event (the event is a Blood Elf tradition but last year we had all races taking part)

We also need suggestions for a date for the event (traditionally a spring event) and a location.

For the fireworks we need the following components:
  • Heavy leather
    Thick leather
    Rugged leather
    Medium leather
  • Heavy blasting powder
    Solid blasting powder
    Dense blasting powder
    Coarse blasting powder
  • Deeprock salt
  • Runecloth
    Mageweave cloth
  • Inlaid mithril cylinder
    Goblin rocket fuel
    Mithril casing
    Mithril bar

Last edited by Ziah on Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:47 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : adding info)
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: The Celebration of O Tal Nor 2010!   The Celebration of O Tal Nor 2010! EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 9:29 pm

Woooot!
GL \o/
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: The Celebration of O Tal Nor 2010!   The Celebration of O Tal Nor 2010! EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 6:57 am

Sorry not replied to this sooner. Last year's event was a great success and i'd like to be a part of it again.

Put me down as beer seller again unless somebody else wants the job? Wink
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Ziah

Ziah

PostSubject: Re: The Celebration of O Tal Nor 2010!   The Celebration of O Tal Nor 2010! EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 7:56 pm

Great, thanks, I was hoping you'd volunteer.
Back to top Go down
Avior

Avior

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: The Celebration of O Tal Nor 2010!   The Celebration of O Tal Nor 2010! EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 9:00 pm

I can help with those fireworks Smile
Just send me an ingame mail (i don't play on Avvy much, but log on regularly) or a forum PM for further details.
Back to top Go down
torgadon

torgadon

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: The Celebration of O Tal Nor 2010!   The Celebration of O Tal Nor 2010! EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 2:06 am

Vypra wrote:
Sorry not replied to this sooner. Last year's event was a great success and i'd like to be a part of it again.

Put me down as beer seller again unless somebody else wants the job? Wink

yay beer Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Celebration of O Tal Nor 2010!   The Celebration of O Tal Nor 2010! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Celebration of O Tal Nor 2010!
Page 1 of 1