We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

(RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood

Go down 
+9
Archnazg
Vypra
Alaster Grymm
Vexacus
Aelhaiarn
Snicka
Shadowtroll
Rifki
Siheld
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

(RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood   (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 9:53 pm

Quote :
Blood Elfs being the most popular Horde race

35% of the horde are Belfs on this server indeed but...About 3% are Role players. Considering the RP community is tiny on the server and already guilded, it is no surprise why new guild ideas falter.

Though I am kinda amused how people look down their noses when someone admits it is not working...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood   (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 10:00 pm

has nothing to do with been a guild leader, hinun and lionooth can both acount for how well i get poeple to join guilds

but if there is no members how am i to run a guild, just rp on my own?

yes i flamed that guy, coz who is he... never seen him before yet he thinks he can come here and take the piss

i had a good idear and good name, just could get it off the ground
on a bigger server then it may have worked
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood   (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 10:01 pm

Now not sure where ye got your statistics from but the 3% Role Players sound a bit too sucked out from the fingers.

Casual Role Players are all around SSL, you just need to get their attention. For 4 days that impossible so I really just blame bit of lazyness here.

EDIT: Want to stay far from anything personal or judge anyone, as I RP'ed with your Paladin in Silvermoon and liked it tbh but I think deeds say more then words.
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm

PostSubject: Re: (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood   (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 10:20 pm

Shadowtroll wrote:
Now not sure where ye got your statistics from but the 3% Role Players sound a bit too sucked out from the fingers.

Casual Role Players are all around SSL, you just need to get their attention. For 4 days that impossible so I really just blame bit of lazyness here.

EDIT: Want to stay far from anything personal or judge anyone, as I RP'ed with your Paladin in Silvermoon and liked it tbh but I think deeds say more then words.

Approx values taken from census. Also unguilded casual RPers all around SSL? What kind of delusion is that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood   (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 10:25 pm

67.36% of all statistics are fabricated by their author! *nods*

On topic:
Personally, while I think it's a shame that it didn't get off the ground, I completely understand the problem that it faced and can understand the frustration that it may have caused. It is very hard to start up a new idea like this when the main Horde RP group tend to be the same people who create alts to support RP and then go back to their mains because, let's face it, that's where they really want to RP. I'm the same, which is probably why my Tauren alt got kicked from the Grimwolves.
And, let's also look at the whole Grimwolves idea as an example in this. After all, the original concept bombed similarly to this one due to a lack of numbers. Maybe it also shows that the idea may yet hold water, just needing some more people to help it stay afloat?
Back to top Go down
Aelhaiarn

Aelhaiarn

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood   (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 12:16 am

Quote :
i tryed and failed im man enough to admite that, are you about your writing?

Well, essentially, now you’re at the bottom of the whole problem. One can, at any point, choose to be man enough to admit that he has failed. Or he keep on going. It’s a free pick.

I’m just suggesting that if you like to create a long-lasting project that contains lots of people, a single guild initiative and 4 days of time is a bit shallow try. Little more work and patience, ol’ chap, and things might get brighter.
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood   (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 6:44 am

Even though personally I would have given it a lot more than 4 days, I think this highlights the key problem on SSL. There really isn't enough RPers to get away with relatively narrow guild concepts.

Some guilds seem to have avoided this, but if you look at HoS for example, how many times have they folded and been resurrected? Another example is the Heritage of Zandalar an awesome guild concept with good leadership and plenty of ideas, yet consistently struggling for numbers.

I personally think same race guilds built around a core idea are awesome, but there just ain't enough players on SSL to support them. And half the time, when a new idea springs up as Gurfang pointed out it is the same small group of people supporting them.
Back to top Go down
Aelhaiarn

Aelhaiarn

PostSubject: Re: (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood   (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 9:03 am

Word, and well-put.

It’s a recognized fact that we’re a small server. And while this thins the ranks of possible RP guilds, I don’t see that as a major problem. Roleplaying isn’t really based on quantity as much as raiding, where you need certain number of certain classes just to be functional. People should adjust to the idea that excellent RP can be done in smaller groups. A good RP guild can consist of like 3-5 active members. And if you start up a new RP guild, you don’t need to expect to find those 3-5 active members instantly.

Co-operation (working with and working against) other already existing guilds is important. So is constant advertisement. The community must be made to realize (in the case of a new guild) that these fellows are here to stay, even though they wouldn’t be numerous. This will, I’d claim, rouse more interest than saying “hellojoinmyguildno?thxbyeIquit”.
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood   (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 9:11 am

Luko wrote:
your the guy who writes them mary sue storys on the forums

Anyways:
By guild idea didn't work out aswell, I stopped the guild after a week or so. That was simply becauseI recruited my arse of and there was justa limited amount of Mage RP'ers who wanted to be part of the Kirin'tor.
Anyways, I didn't stopped Roleplaying just because my guild didn't set of. I still RP quite often, and A-RP is even more rare then H-RP!
So get yourself together and stop acting like this.! Wink
Back to top Go down
Alaster Grymm

Alaster Grymm

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood   (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 10:15 am

Whilst we can only discuss on what we see and know, it is entirely possible that we don't see or know the whole story. I've seen Luko about, I've rped with Sabrefang and discussed Guilds with him.

I'm sorry the guild didn't work out as quickly as hoped, but the Grimwolves did work and still do. If the chap has retired from RP its' entirely possible that it isn't just because of this Guild not working and probably this is simply the last straw.

Good Luck with whatever you do next, Sabrefang.
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood   (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 10:24 am

Alaster Grymm wrote:
Whilst we can only discuss on what we see and know, it is entirely possible that we don't see or know the whole story. I've seen Luko about, I've rped with Sabrefang and discussed Guilds with him.

I'm sorry the guild didn't work out as quickly as hoped, but the Grimwolves did work and still do. If the chap has retired from RP its' entirely possible that it isn't just because of this Guild not working and probably this is simply the last straw.

Good Luck with whatever you do next, Sabrefang.

Agreeing with Paul here. When people do decide to throw in the towel its rarely down to just one thing.

That said. when the spark goes, that's it, it's gone. That's just the way it is, it's certainly what happened to me.

Most of us have been playing this game for several years now, it's hardly surprising that people feel that they've given everything their willing to give and just walk away Razz

Anyway, Good luck with the raiding Luko ...but i think your comments on Ael's writing were ill informed and uncalled for Wink
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Aelhaiarn

Aelhaiarn

PostSubject: Re: (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood   (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 12:17 pm

I wouldn't call quitting WoW "giving up" at all. I'd call it "a healthy choice".

But now I'm off scribbling more Mary Sues. Wink
Back to top Go down
Archnazg

Archnazg

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood   (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 12:44 pm

Running a guild from scratch requires a lot of time and patience, in the beggining, should you wish it to be properly successful. Need to be very dedicated. Shame to hear that you disbanded so soon.
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood   (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 2:05 pm

I have allways wanted to see, or create, a new Forsaken based guild that were equally loyal to Sylvanas as HoS is, but not nessescarily share the same agenda. A rivaling House with the same master. HoS seem to claim to be the voice of Sylvanas sometimes, but the reality would most likely be quite different. I don't doubt that Sylvanas rely on HoS in some matters, but it would be rather silly of her to be completely dempendent on HoS alone in all matters. Especially seeing as HoS screws things up quite badly now and then, politicly speaking.

Having two prominent Houses with different agendas, but same master would perhaps lead to an interesting balance to the Forsaken faction in RP. Or perhaps not a house, but perhaps a new unified cult of the forgotten shadow rises? Now that would've been truly awesome.

But yeah.. SSL have too few rp'ers to have shit like that work properly I think, but if I thought otherwise I would've probably stared up such a guild in a heartbeat.

Hm..

Damnit...

I'm getting a hard on over the idea...

Just for the funz.. Archie.. what would you say to a House balancing yours like that? How would've you liked it to work?

damnit, I'm derailing again!!
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood   (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 3:01 pm

I quite like Aelhaiarn's mary sue stories.

I also don't believe Lord Vexacus has quit gaming.

On Luko, I cannot comment. Other than to say: I went into a Loyalist area of North Belfast, into an offlicence with a Catholic priest and ... (this is part of a true story, to be continued at a later date!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
Archnazg

Archnazg

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood   (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 5:11 pm

Yeah Quint would be good to have them competing for power, HoS would likely not fuck up as much and there'd be more RP. Gief more roleplayers, though Sad

Need a proper Forsaken RPer to rival Archnazg, gief it! All the UD rpers are either in HoS or AO though and there aint many anyway. Should someone wish to rise another House to the same level as ours id be up for accepting that if it was done with effort and dedication.. Not some 1 man army tho
Back to top Go down
Ryleen

Ryleen

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood   (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 6:49 pm

I have a forsaken in my character list that's collecting dust.. Though it'd be the problem of being an alt, but it might at least be a help in the beginning.
Back to top Go down
http://aldriona.deviantart.com
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood   (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 7:05 pm

Hm. A proper Forgotten Shadow guild would be truly awesome, if done properly. Preaching the tenents of divine humanism and sending lightslayers on assassin missions and meddling in politics and and.. oooh.. it would've been awesome. Though I doubt it would've worked on SSL. le sigh.
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood   (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 7:12 pm

Quintilius wrote:
Hm. A proper Forgotten Shadow guild would be truly awesome, if done properly. Preaching the tenents of divine humanism and sending lightslayers on assassin missions and meddling in politics and and.. oooh.. it would've been awesome. Though I doubt it would've worked on SSL. le sigh.

that was something i always wanted to do but never had the time Sad
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Nerinil

Nerinil

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood   (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 7:45 pm

Now again it came in my mind that how it would be if i had some horde chars as well. But my char list is full of alliance chars.

Would be interesting seeing horde ppl helping out alli guilds and the other way around. With that it would seem there are more RP-er i think. ( But then here can come the "No way i put my feet in alli side 'cause they are this and that" and so is the other side.. but maybe it isn't a common thing amongst more matured players)
But maybe it will happen sooner or later with time.

*thinks more about this*
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood   (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 7:48 pm

bunny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood   (RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

(RP guild idea) Crusaders of Blood
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2