We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!

Go down 
+21
Chassandra
Artein
Archnazg
Avior
Hinun
Leaf
Rifki
Katalmach
Emanee
Huyana
Alaster Grymm
Lyranne
torgadon
Crowley
Opathu
Snicka
Siheld
Vypra
Vexacus
Shadowtroll
Quintilius
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage

The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 12:05 am

Avior wrote:
Aha... At least now this is getting somewhere.
So, basically, those with strong faith in the Light become paladins of the Silver Hand. That's reasonable to assume, but doesn't really prove anything.
The paladins of the Silver Hand were immune to the plague.
Due to this fact there aren't (and probably won't be) any Forsaken paladins.
But what if there are even more faithful people that haven't chosen the path of a paladin, but a priest instead? Priests don't necessary have to be part of the order, yet their faith might be as strong as that of a paladin, if not stronger.
So we've come to the question: what exactly gives one immunity to the plague? Faith alone, or being a paladin?

The Silver Hand are a bit more than that. I am not going to post a wall of text here though since it is all on WoWWiki.

The Silver Hand Paladins where given immunity to the plague but only the paladins. Everyone else was more or less screwed or "Forsaken" by the light.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 12:19 am

Just to get it clarified, where do we find out about the Silver Hand being immune? I've looked through WoWWiki and can't find it either on the Silver Hand page or the Plague page.
Back to top Go down
Avior

Avior

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 12:23 am

So you agree that it's absolutely possible for strong-faithed priests to die to the plague?
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 12:25 am

WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE. IF PRONE TO FALL INTO CRYING FITS OVER SUCH THINGS, DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING TEXT.

So I leave for work and come back to see 5 -five- more pages of cockplay around this topic.

I LOVE IT.

And before I go ahead with my nasty mouth about you guys, I will just say, I love you all and no matter what your opinion or gay it is, you're all good roleplayers.

Now on to my contribution of this bukkake-fest of a discussion.

Wowwiki itself says that nothing stated in the different threads should be seen as canon lore, however you can bet that whatever shit it says it's probably what is closest to the truth. And the argument that you should not put any faith in what wowwiki says cause it can be edited by the public, well you can just bend over and recieve my big fat cock of Doom. Cause you can just bet that the sad fuckers who bother to write and edit articles there are the most up to date elitist lore reading nerds out there and you know What, I fucking trust em.

So when I go and read about the Forsaken and its history and the Forgotten Shadow and every fuckin' article says that Forsaken cant wield the light. That the reason for the name Forsaken is that they "were forsaken by the light" and that they where doomed to forever live in darkness, well then I guess that's probably the fucking truth.

But when giddy giddy long haired dildo humpin' greased up mantit-obsessed testicle polishing pillow biters come up and say "Hai, we found this one undead bugger who can wield light and thus my character can, well I say unto you; "LOL motherfucker" (this particular namecalling was not aimed at Crowley, cause whatever opinion he might have I still thinks he's a cool dude)

You have several important lore characters who can do stuff out of the ordinary. LIke that Med'an fellow. Just cause that bugger can wield the power of Overpowered Awesome, doesn't mean your character could.

The ability to wield the Light as a Forsaken comes under the banner "Shit that will be out of the damn ordinary" and if your character can do it you better have a good fucking reason why he can do shit no ORDINARY Forsaken can do.

I don't deny that blizz has fucked the whole topic over, and that there might be light wielding undead, BUT there's still NOTHING that suggests it's an ordinary thing among the Forsaken, rather the opposite.

Funny Sidenote: On Epilogue, if you're a Forsaken who run around in a gay ass pink dress and throws Light spells in people's faces a GM will come down from the heavens and go "Halt, sailor. What are you doing?" and if you go "I r a light wielding Forsaken cuz my character is speshul!" Then he will force-sodomize you with the ban stick. Or at least give you a stern talking to. Or at least saying " heh, no."

(This thread is written in the spirit of what this thread is supposed to be. Don't try to be -too- serious. And if some teenage moderater strolls into here and gets his hairless balls in a twist of the language used here and does anything about it, I shall wreak verbal havoc upon you till you huddle into submission. *puts on gimp suit*)[u]

Last edited by Quintilius on Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:39 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 12:28 am

Quintilius wrote:
WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE. IF PRONE TO FALL INTO CRYING FITS OVER SUCH THIGNS, DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING TEXT.

So I leave for work and come back to see 5 -five- more pages of cockplay around this topic.

I LOVE IT.

And before I go ahead with my nasty mouth about you guys, I will just say, I love you all and no matter what your opinion or gay it is, you're all good roleplayers.

Wowwike itself that nothing stated in the different threads should be seen as canon lore, however you can bet that whatever shit it says it's probably what is closest to the truth. And the argument that you should not put any faith in what wowwiki says cause it can be edited by the public, well you can just bend over and recieve my big fat cock of Doom. Cause you can just bet that the sad fuckers who bother to write and edit articles there are the most up to date elitist lore reading nerds out there and you knwow hat, I fucking trust em.

So when I go and read about the Forsaken and its history and the Forgotten Shadow and every fuckin' article says that Forsaken cant wield the light. That the reason for the name Forsaken is that they "were forsaken by the light" and that they where doomed to forever live in darkness, well then I guess that's probably the fucking truth.

But when giddy giddy long haired dildo humpin' greased up mantit-obsessed testicle polishing pillow biters come up and say "Hai, we found this one undead bugger who can wield light and thus my character can, well I say unto you; "LOL motherfucker" (this particular namecalling was not aimed at Crowley, cause whatever opinion he might have I still thinks he's a cool dude)

You have several important lore characters who can do stuff out of the ordinary. LIke that Med'an fellow. Just cause that bugger can wield the power of Overpowered Awesome, doesn't mean your character could.

The ability to wield the Light as a Forsaken comes under the banner "Shit that will be out of the damn ordinary" and if your character can do it you better have a good fucking reason why he can do shit no ORDINARY Forsaken can do.

I don't deny that blizz has fucked the whole topic over, and that there might be light wielding undwad, BUT there's still NOTHING that suggests it's an ordinary thing among the Forsaken.

Funny Sidenote: On Epilogue, if you're a Forsaken who run around in a gay ass pink dress and throws Light spells in people's faces a GM will come down from the heavens and go "Halt, sailor. What are you doing?" and if you go "I r a light wielding Forsaken cuz my character is speshul!" Then he will force sodomize you with the ban stick.

(This thread is written in the spirit of what this thread is supposed to be. Don't try to be -too- serious. And if some teenage moderater strolls into here and gets his hairless balls in a twist of the language used here and does anything about it, I shall wreak verbal havoc upon you till you huddle into submission. *puts on gimp suit*)[u]

/thread
Back to top Go down
torgadon

torgadon

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 12:29 am

oO 16pages already
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 12:31 am

Quote :
Formed during the Second War, it was at its height until the time of the Plague. As paladins were immune to the Plague (and indeed all diseases)

wowwiki.com/paladin. Enjoy
Back to top Go down
Avior

Avior

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 12:40 am

Surprisingly, i totally agree with Quint Laughing
Guess this is exactly what this thread was lacking...
Back to top Go down
torgadon

torgadon

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 12:52 am

Quintilius wrote:
WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE. IF PRONE TO FALL INTO CRYING FITS OVER SUCH THINGS, DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING TEXT.

I LOVE IT.

Wowwiki itself says that nothing stated in the different threads should be seen as canon lore, however you can bet that whatever shit it says it's probably what is closest to the truth. And the argument that you should not put any faith in what wowwiki says cause it can be edited by the public, well you can just bend over and recieve my big fat cock of Doom. Cause you can just bet that the sad fuckers who bother to write and edit articles there are the most up to date elitist lore reading nerds out there and you know What, I fucking trust em.

I don't deny that blizz has fucked the whole topic over, and that there might be light wielding undead, BUT there's still NOTHING that suggests it's an ordinary thing among the Forsaken, rather the opposite.

Funny Sidenote: On Epilogue, if you're a Forsaken who run around in a gay ass pink dress and throws Light spells in people's faces a GM will come down from the heavens and go "Halt, sailor. What are you doing?" and if you go "I r a light wielding Forsaken cuz my character is speshul!" Then he will force-sodomize you with the ban stick. Or at least give you a stern talking to. Or at least saying " heh, no."

I know you gave a warning, but lol, so much needless swearing, someone have to much suger? Razz
Back to top Go down
Artein

Artein

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 1:05 am

There is this quest chain in Icecrown about a paladin from the Argent Crusade, Crusader Bridenbrad, which is carrying the plague of undeath....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 6:11 am

not all paladins are silver hands
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 9:44 am

Luko wrote:
not all paladins are silver hands

Those must get a bit cold when used to cup the cockles back in the barracks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 9:50 am

WoWWiki doesn't say that all Silver Hand paladins were immune to the plague, it says ALL paladins were immune. So the argument doesn't carry over to priests.
Back to top Go down
Crowley

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 10:05 am

Just one thing I'm gonna pick out Quin, as the rest of your post has been gone over elsewhere.

Quote :
That the reason for the name Forsaken is that they "were forsaken by the light" and that they where doomed to forever live in darkness, well then I guess that's probably the fucking truth.

...why do you keep saying this? We can see Sylvanas choose the name 'Forsaken' in WC3, and she never once mentions the Light (as far as I know, Sylvanas never gives any indication she cares about the Light either way. Possibly it's just filed under 'miscellaneous butthurts').
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 11:40 am

EDIT: er, double post for some reason.

Last edited by Quintilius on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 11:45 am

Crowley wrote:
Just one thing I'm gonna pick out Quin, as the rest of your post has been gone over elsewhere.

Yes, but you keep doing it wrong Sad

Quote :
...why do you keep saying this? We can see Sylvanas choose the name 'Forsaken' in WC3, and she never once mentions the Light (as far as I know, Sylvanas never gives any indication she cares about the Light either way. Possibly it's just filed under 'miscellaneous butthurts').

There's a whole lotta reasons given why the Forsaken don't like the Light. Go wiki it. Easy.
Back to top Go down
Crowley

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 12:04 pm

Quintilius wrote:

There's a whole lotta reasons given why the Forsaken don't like the Light. Go wiki it. Easy.

I meant the whole "they're called the Forsaken because the Light left them" thing. Razz
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 12:47 pm

I say re-write the lore until it doesn't resemble something a 14-year-old trying to recreate Lotr would write.

Oh - and Quin - have you come out yet? Was that message "it"? Read like it ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 2:41 pm

Artein wrote:
There is this quest chain in Icecrown about a paladin from the Argent Crusade, Crusader Bridenbrad, which is carrying the plague of undeath....

Crusader Bridenbrad...Read this

Quote :
The name is a reference to Bradford C. Bridenbecker, a man who died of cancer that caused tumors to appear in his body in areas such as the spinal column and leg (which was amputated) over the course of two years.[1][2] It is unknown as to whether or not the man held any relation to Blizzard staff members, though it is speculated that he may have been the brother of (or held some relation to) Robert Bridenbecker, a World of Warcraft programmer.[3] In the Wrath of the Lich King manual, he is listed under "Special Thanks" as "Bradford C. Bridenbecker R.I.P. 6.18.2007".

He is a character specifically made to pay homage to a person in real life. Seriously what is it with this thread and its "This guy can do it so..."?

Also

Quote :
The Knights of the Silver Hand was the original paladin order. Formed during the Second War, it was at its height until the time of the Plague. As paladins were immune to the Plague (and indeed all diseases)

The bold part speaks in past tense supporting it was just the Silver Hand paladins that had such immunity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 3:03 pm

Liontooth wrote:
Also

Quote :
The Knights of the Silver Hand was the original paladin order. Formed during the Second War, it was at its height until the time of the Plague. As paladins were immune to the Plague (and indeed all diseases)

The bold part speaks in past tense supporting it was just the Silver Hand paladins that had such immunity.

Actually, if you read it in the context it's set the past tense is because it's referring to the past in general.
Back to top Go down
Chassandra

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 3:22 pm

Did not!

Did too!

DID NOT!

DID TOO!

Wonderful thread. I'm outta here.
Back to top Go down
Lyranne

Lyranne

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 3:52 pm

Liontooth wrote:
Quote :
Regarding sit Zeliek. Lore character with a crap/no backstory he may be, but you're ignoring him as a viable undead light-wielder means you are ignoring the lore. You dislike the idea, and are therefore dismissing it with every fibre of your being. Good for you, you're human after all.

*facepalm*

I am not ignoring him...God sake read my posts. I state that he is the expection that proves the rule...And the fact he is a specialist character does not over take basic lore fact.

Yes I read your posts. You -do- ignore him as a valid character because you keep dismissing his value -as- a lore character. You acknowledge he exists, but far as I can see if he was only in a comic or book, you'd completely ignore him as existing (going by your argument that the trading cards aren't lore, yet they clearly state otherwise). If you accept he's a lore character, you have to ackonowledge that despite how ugly, downright weird or generally lore-breaking as it is, Forsaken can wield the light in WoW. Remember that WoW lore is not as canon to Warcraft lore as people seem to assume (much like Ultimate X-Men and Uncanny not being canon to one another).
Different media for different stories, set loosly in the same world. In all honesty, WoW lore is so flimsy, I really couldn't give two shits how much people despoil it. It's not game mechanics that show forsaken wielding the light as allies of the Argent Dawn. That's a story idea that's been put through and accepted as allowable. Warcraft might state one thing, but Blizzard and their fat wallets really don't give a damn about the lore when it comes to their MMO.

Quote :
Um, none of those were examples of how if everyone's in agreement, anything's possible.

How where they not? If people agree on it everything is fine...Is that not the arguement being brought forward? And the fact that being a jedi is completely out there on WoW is a limitation...But apart from that there are no limitations?

Very odd.

Almost worthy of a facepalm from me, though I can't be arsed. My point was that -I- don't think Jedi fit WoW. I think shoe-horning one type of lore into another is a stupid idea. I honestly couldn't give a damn if someone tried though. The limitations are linked to my patience, not just the game mechanics and lore. Just as I don't think playing a terminator would fit in a Star Wars game or WoW, I don't think a WoW character would fit in Star Wars. But that's not to do with limitations (hell, WoW even has swords that look like lightsabers). It's to do with what the individual deems tolerable. As I said before, I wouldn't be surprised to find out there are private servers that deal with all tastes, and they probably work well for those on them. However, they don't appeal to me because they're tearing into lore from multiple angles (not just WoW, but also Star Wars et al lore).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:02 pm

Gurfang wrote:
Liontooth wrote:
Also

Quote :

Actually, if you read it in the context it's set the past tense is because it's referring to the past in general.

Thus why try to compare it with paladins of today?

Quote :
Yes I read your posts. You -do- ignore him as a valid character because you keep dismissing his value -as- a lore character. You acknowledge he exists, but far as I can see if he was only in a comic or book, you'd completely ignore him as existing (going by your argument that the trading cards aren't lore, yet they clearly state otherwise). If you accept he's a lore character, you have to ackonowledge that despite how ugly, downright weird or generally lore-breaking as it is, Forsaken can wield the light in WoW. Remember that WoW lore is not as canon to Warcraft lore as people seem to assume (much like Ultimate X-Men and Uncanny not being canon to one another).
Different media for different stories, set loosly in the same world. In all honesty, WoW lore is so flimsy, I really couldn't give two shits how much people despoil it. It's not game mechanics that show forsaken wielding the light as allies of the Argent Dawn. That's a story idea that's been put through and accepted as allowable. Warcraft might state one thing, but Blizzard and their fat wallets really don't give a damn about the lore when it comes to their MMO.

Trading cards are not canon lore no and he is NOT a forsaken...How many times do I have to repeat this before people get this in their thick skulls? The different "media" all come together into one lore which the game follows to its best...If you read some of this lore you would understand this.

Quote :
Almost worthy of a facepalm from me, though I can't be arsed. My point was that -I- don't think Jedi fit WoW. I think shoe-horning one type of lore into another is a stupid idea. I honestly couldn't give a damn if someone tried though. The limitations are linked to my patience, not just the game mechanics and lore. Just as I don't think playing a terminator would fit in a Star Wars game or WoW, I don't think a WoW character would fit in Star Wars. But that's not to do with limitations (hell, WoW even has swords that look like lightsabers). It's to do with what the individual deems tolerable. As I said before, I wouldn't be surprised to find out there are private servers that deal with all tastes, and they probably work well for those on them. However, they don't appeal to me because they're tearing into lore from multiple angles (not just WoW, but also Star Wars et al lore).

But the point was made that, as long as everyone is fine with it, you can do what you want...Which judging by your awkward posts you would not agree with. To be honest you really should not be replying if you do not give two shits about what happens with the lore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:22 pm

Liontooth wrote:
Gurfang wrote:
Liontooth wrote:
Also

Quote :

Thus why try to compare it with paladins of today?

If you look, my comments have been generalised about undeads/forsaken and in relation to priests. Go back 3-4 of my posts and I said that the comments related just to paladins don't mean anything in respect to priests.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:36 pm

Alright?

But the general arguement has been about Sir Zeliek being able to use the light. He used to be a paladin of the Silver Hand so he could not become undead due to plague. The townsfolk of the Lordaeron (including priests) fell to the plague and became undead slave...Later to break free and become the faction known as the "Forsaken"

So I am unsure what point you are trying to make about the priests. It is kinda rambling to be honest
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!   The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of! - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Thread for all the Shit we just couldn't let go of!
Page 10 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next