We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Go down 
+14
Alaster Grymm
Ryleen
Opathu
Chassandra
Siheld
Vexacus
Manovan Marrowsteel
Feronius
Leaf
Quintilius
Avior
munechi
Crowley
Vypra
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Avior

Avior

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-02-07

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm   World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:37 pm

Guardian of Tirisfal is a mage that wields Arcane magic and is empowered by other mages!
If you want to make Thrall a super hero, call him Guardian of Durotar, or Guardian of Nordrassil, or whatever! But why does it have to be the Guardian of Tirisfal?!
Back to top Go down
Chassandra

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm   World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:54 pm

A few pointers:
It does not specifically state that the Guardian of Tirisfal have to be a mage. He/she is a mortal that is empowered by the Council of Tirisfal, who in their turn are archmages. All Guardians have recieved the rank of Archmage, however. Archmage Thrall... don't ring too well in my ears either.
As for Malfurion's involvement in the whole process, it would be slightly strange.
The Council of Tirisfal was formed by Highborne Archmages, though eventually including humans and gnomes (!). Thus why an Arch Druid would interfere with the business of Quel'dorei/Sin'dorei is strange, to say the least.

On the other hand, the main objective of the Guardian of Tirisfal is to fight the demons of the Burning Legion. I can imagine noone better for the task than Thrall, as we do lack prominent squid-goats of the same caliber.

Yes, it's got the smell of lore-rape, but is there anything new with that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm   World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:04 pm

Avior wrote:
Guardian of Tirisfal is a mage that wields Arcane magic and is empowered by other mages!
If you want to make Thrall a super hero, call him Guardian of Durotar, or Guardian of Nordrassil, or whatever! But why does it have to be the Guardian of Tirisfal?!

http://www.wowwiki.com/Med%27an

Check out what power it says he can use:
"Because of Med'an's mixed ancestry, he possesses power in both the arcane arts and shamanism. He has also expressed interest in acquiring knowledge in holy magic, which Maraad has promised to teach the boy at one point."

Now, in order for Thrall to take him on how else is he going to stand a chance?

Also, look at the logic of this:
Med'an claims the right to be the Guardian of Tirisfal.
He is denied (possibly as a result of Medivh claiming to be the last of the Guardians).
He declares war upon the whole of Azeroth.
Thrall calls upon the Horde and the Alliance to fight together to stop Med'an.
Malfurion declares a need for a new Guardian, but calls for a Guardian of Azeroth.
All magical groups combine resources and choose Thrall as their champion.
Thrall becomes the Champion of Azeroth and has all the powers of the elements (as before), the power of the Light and he can control the Arcane too.
Thrall and Med'an now both have the same powers.

And why it has to involve the Order of Tirisfal? Because they have been responsible for fighting Sargeras and his minions for centuries. They are a huge part of the lore of the protection of Azeroth. Why would they NOT be involved?
Back to top Go down
Katalmach

Katalmach

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm   World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:06 pm

Thrall becoming Guardian of Tirisfal would be a good thing.

A) It would keep Med'an out of our game.

B) It would show that Blizzard is willing to override the wishes of the people who write those...erm... *substandard* comics, which so far has slightly worried me.
Back to top Go down
Avior

Avior

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm   World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:09 pm

Gurfang wrote:

He is denied (possibly as a result of Medivh claiming to be the last of the Guardians).
Malfurion declares a need for a new Guardian, but calls for a Guardian of Azeroth.
Thrall becomes the Champion of Azeroth and has all the powers of the elements (as before), the power of the Light and he can control the Arcane too.
...Or Med'an never appears in the expansion. A simple solution, ain't it? Very Happy
And even if he does, what makes you think someone will have to fight him?

Again, the Guardian of Tirisfal has to be a mage. He doesn't get an unlimited spellcasting ability, but an unlimited (well, at least close to that) source of Arcane powers. Thrall is a shaman, he can't wield Arcane, and it would take him years to learn. The Kirin Tor would never grant such power to someone who can't control it.

EDIT: Not Kirin Tor, but the Council of Tirisfal, of course Very Happy
But the name changes nothing, the fact that Thrall cannot use this power, even if he had it, remains.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm   World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:30 pm

Avior wrote:
Gurfang wrote:

...Or Med'an never appears in the expansion. A simple solution, ain't it? Very Happy
And even if he does, what makes you think someone will have to fight him?

Again, the Guardian of Tirisfal has to be a mage. He doesn't get an unlimited spellcasting ability, but an unlimited (well, at least close to that) source of Arcane powers. Thrall is a shaman, he can't wield Arcane, and it would take him years to learn. The Kirin Tor would never grant such power to someone who can't control it.

EDIT: Not Kirin Tor, but the Council of Tirisfal, of course Very Happy
But the name changes nothing, the fact that Thrall cannot use this power, even if he had it, remains.

Why can't he use it?
Orcs can be warlocks so it stands to reason that Orcs can be mages too. The fact that Thrall has gone down the path of a shaman doesn't mean that he he removes the ability to use the arcane.
Back to top Go down
Avior

Avior

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm   World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:35 pm

Gurfang wrote:

Why can't he use it?
Orcs can be warlocks so it stands to reason that Orcs can be mages too. The fact that Thrall has gone down the path of a shaman doesn't mean that he he removes the ability to use the arcane.
Alright, i'll make it clear.
He can't use it now,
Quote :
and it would take him years to learn
That's what i meant.

And don't mind my last comment, apparently the new Council is recruiting non-arcane magic users... Well, that's even worse, cause that way they can't even share their powers with each other...
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm   World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 4:16 pm

Gurfang wrote:

As far as I know, originally, the orc warlocks were shamans who got corrupted by the Burning Legion and dropped the power of elements to use the Fel instead.
However, it is confirmed that we will get Orc mages in Cataclysm...
Back to top Go down
munechi

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm   World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 4:39 pm

so Malfurion returns, decides Thrall needs to kick the ass of the king of lorelol and together with the Tirisfal guys he makes Thrall a super hero.
somehow he manages to controll the arcane and the holy light in a few days. he then teaches orcs to be mages and taurens to be paladins.
then the taurens try to train the orcs in druidism to thank thrall for the two new classes, but instead they accidently train trolls.
Back to top Go down
Dascombč

Dascombč

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm   World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 4:43 pm

Correct me if i'm wrong...

But the Guardian of Tirisfal was given powers specifically to fight against the demonic threat of the burning legion?

Where is that threat currently?

The war(s) in outland have been curtailed
The Legion's overlord Kil'Jaeden has been stopped at the Sunwell

Oh wait, but we have a fecking huge demi-god like creature about to pop out of the ground and annihilate us and its..
a dragon aspect
not the demon lord of the burning legion

As for orcs being mages...makes sense to a certain extent, though i highly doubt they will have come into contact with the arcane on Draenor but more likely to have come across it after endless skirmishes with the humans and their use of the arcane

And Med'an...

Part orc...part Draenei and i think i read somewhere that he was part human because of being the child of Garnoa Halforcen and Medivh...
What are Blizzard smoking NOW? A Human / Orc cross-breed? I know its possible but i highly doubt that the Guardian of Azeroth and an Orcish assassin would have had an intimate relationship resulting in a teenage orc with the potential to annihilate a titan
Back to top Go down
Avior

Avior

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm   World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 4:59 pm

http://www.wowwiki.com/New_Council_of_Tirisfal
The Council has been reformed, it has nothing to do with demons now.
As for the Manorcsquid... what makes you think he'll take part in the upcoming events at all, let alone annihilating titans?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm   World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 5:56 pm

Ok, I'll lay it out as I see it:

Cataclysm (80-85) - Malfurion comes back (as is suggested) and works on the World Tree at Hyjal. Thrall will work to get Horde and Alliance to fight Deathwing together and this will lead to him being replaced as head of the Orcs by Garrosh, who kills Cairne when he has issues with how Garrosh wants to take things forwards. Garrosh takes things forwards as leader of the Horde and fights the Alliance while Thrall works to stop that happening.

Then, as the expansions take the story forwards Med'an will appear, claiming his "rightful place" as Guardian, probably after the Order of Tirisfal, the Cenarion Circle and various other groups decide that they need a champion to fight Deathwing, the Old Gods, Azshara, the Legion (let's not forget, Kil'Jaeden wasn't defeated, it was just his avatar what was defeated at the Sunwell) and so on.

So, 85-90 could be going into the Emerald Dream. 90-95 leads to the final defeat if Kil'Jaeden (with a revamp of Outland most likely) and then 95-100 is the final battle with Med'an which has been building for at least 2 expansions.

This would leave WoW2 having Sargeras as the main protagonist and goodness knows what from the inevitable RTG that they will create to build the lore for the new WoW.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm   World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 6:03 pm

Reasons why Elemental, Arcane and Light are combined?

For starters, with a being who's able to harness them through his heritage there's not much choice. As to learning, whilst there are obvious differences, harnessing the power is still along similar lines. So I'd say that whilst he won't necessarily be the greatest mage/paladin in the world, it will be an increase of weaponry in his arsenal.
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm   World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 6:59 pm

Gurfang wrote:
Ok, I'll lay it out as I see it:

Cataclysm (80-85) - Malfurion comes back (as is suggested) and works on the World Tree at Hyjal. Thrall will work to get Horde and Alliance to fight Deathwing together and this will lead to him being replaced as head of the Orcs by Garrosh, who kills Cairne when he has issues with how Garrosh wants to take things forwards. Garrosh takes things forwards as leader of the Horde and fights the Alliance while Thrall works to stop that happening.

Agree with you, is the Cairne thing confirmed btw?

Quote :

Then, as the expansions take the story forwards Med'an will appear, claiming his "rightful place" as Guardian, probably after the Order of Tirisfal, the Cenarion Circle and various other groups decide that they need a champion to fight Deathwing, the Old Gods, Azshara, the Legion (let's not forget, Kil'Jaeden wasn't defeated, it was just his avatar what was defeated at the Sunwell) and so on.

I don't think they will pick a champion but a combined army instead.

Quote :

So, 85-90 could be going into the Emerald Dream. 90-95 leads to the final defeat if Kil'Jaeden (with a revamp of Outland most likely) and then 95-100 is the final battle with Med'an which has been building for at least 2 expansions.

Then who would be in final boss/major enemy in the Emerald Dream, what would we be fighting against (the Nightmare isn't really a HUGE problem I think) I hope we will be able to see the REAL Draenor when we fight Kil'jaeden! And I don't see us fighting Med'an to be honoust, Why would we?

Quote :

This would leave WoW2 having Sargeras as the main protagonist and goodness knows what from the inevitable RTG that they will create to build the lore for the new WoW.

HALLELUJAH
Back to top Go down
Katalmach

Katalmach

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm   World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 7:02 pm

I have to say, the idea that Med'an can use shamanism just because "its in his blood" makes me /facepalm in a big way. Shamanism doesn't work anything like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm   World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 8:14 pm

As I understand it, Deathwing isn't going to be killed off in Cateclysm, he's just going to defeated. That could mean that he retreats to the place he's caused the Old Gods to mess with and he becomes the end boss, with help from Ysera.
Back to top Go down
Avior

Avior

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm   World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 12:12 am

Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm   World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 8:45 am

Avior wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x30Ghe_SdTA

lol!
That was funny.

And some more for your viewing pleasure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_Sw7imCjS0
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm   World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 9:06 am

Funny clips.

The Hitler one has been used loads of times though. The film it's from, Downfall, is very interesting too.
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm   World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 9:27 am

Vexacus wrote:
Funny clips.

The Hitler one has been used loads of times though. The film it's from, Downfall, is very interesting too.

Yeah, that Hitler clip, with various subtitles, is pretty much becoming a meme already, I noticed that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm   World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 11:06 am

I was thinking since flying mounts will be available..
Is there anyone who has been thinking about some sort of Goblin-Sky-Pirates? Raiding the sky, trowing hostages from their ships.. In search for secret and expensive artifacts.. I know it's hard to do so, but it would heck loads of fun!
Nec used to have a guild named the Burning Sky Squadron, Air-Pirates in the Outland.. my druid was once kidnapped by them! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm   World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4