We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

RP issues... balance needed.

Go down 
+20
Crowley
Snicka
Feronius
Katheryn
Morgalyen
Nerissa
emil_frojd
Ryleen
Opathu
Quintilius
Siheld
Shadowtroll
Speatus
Vexacus
Gwenderlin
Vypra
Emanee
munechi
Avior
Kadris
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kadris

Kadris

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-06-27

RP issues... balance needed. Empty
PostSubject: RP issues... balance needed.   RP issues... balance needed. EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 11:12 pm

Right... After Quin's wake and the amount of reported bitching about rp styles, I found the need to raise the issue in LFRP.

All I can say is 'What the hell??'

LFRP is now a troll channel? That's just class. Seriously.

We have issues here we need to sort out, without the interference of some pathetic trolling twat. RP 'community'? My Arse.

While we (HoS) honestly think the reaction to us was somewhat extreme, I'd like to put it to the rp society on SSL that we set out some guidelines to follow. These would be general good rp guidelines. Anyone who breaches them is fairly within 'moan' range.

I sincerely want to sort this out because I don't believe we should have only our guilds - no matter what char we play - to RP with. A broad range to rp with is good. Anything less is detrimental.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RP issues... balance needed.   RP issues... balance needed. EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 11:44 pm

Eh...I think Nazrug hit the nail on the head with his ball gown comment...Even if it was blunt.
Back to top Go down
Kadris

Kadris

PostSubject: Re: RP issues... balance needed.   RP issues... balance needed. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 12:00 am

I guess I missed it. Please repeat.
Back to top Go down
Avior

Avior

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: RP issues... balance needed.   RP issues... balance needed. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 2:02 am

Erm...so what is this all about, again?
Back to top Go down
munechi

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: RP issues... balance needed.   RP issues... balance needed. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 7:51 am

Avior wrote:
Erm...so what is this all about, again?

drama i think
Back to top Go down
Emanee

Emanee

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-06-23

PostSubject: Re: RP issues... balance needed.   RP issues... balance needed. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 7:51 am

RP I think, and errr LFRP channel becoming spamhome....

*looks confused*
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: RP issues... balance needed.   RP issues... balance needed. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:18 am

i missed most of the event yesterday due to being at my mum's on my poor struggling lappy.

I would also like to be enlightened as i'm getting a little tired of all the sniping going on in lfrp at the moment too
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com

PostSubject: Re: RP issues... balance needed.   RP issues... balance needed. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:36 am

Ok, few comments from me:
First off, what is this about, as in specifics. All I am hearing is that you, Kadris, are annoyed at something that may have something to do with the way that HoS RP clashing with other styles of RP. What happened needs to be said so that those of us who weren't there can actually understand the issues and contribute.
Second, on the broad idea of rules for RP, the only things that I would consider "necessary" are about avoiding "Goldshire RP" (e.g. sons of major lore characters) and PRP. Any other ideas of deciding how people should RP sounds rather too draconian for me.
Thirdly, people should always be prepared for others to dislike how they behave (both from an IC perspective) and to react accordingly. Simple facts of life are that not everyone will get on. Whilst this might seem a bit off in an RP community, it is the way that things are and actually make for good RP.

Please don't take this as an attack on anyone or anything that anyone does, just a few thoughts based on what I've read so far.
Back to top Go down
Kadris

Kadris

PostSubject: Re: RP issues... balance needed.   RP issues... balance needed. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:45 am

That's all totally fair, Gurf.

What I'm trying to say is if we at least all agree to some 'guidelines' there'll be less cause for people to start bitching oocly.

I have no idea what people saw was the problem with what we were doing and I'd like to clarify it, conversely, having someone using emotes such as /slap - to me - is prp and therefore shoddy rp. Just because its in the Blizz emote list doesn't make it acceptable to use it in an rp situation.

Would those involved mind speaking up?

I'm looking for a general agreement from both 'sides' on this because I'm tired of hearing about 'such and such' bitching oocly. Fairly simple, I reckon.

As for drama, no, i'd just like to try and put a stop to as much drama as possible.

Though judging by some of the responses in LFRP and here (so far) I'm probably wasting my time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RP issues... balance needed.   RP issues... balance needed. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:59 am

Kadris wrote:
That's all totally fair, Gurf.

What I'm trying to say is if we at least all agree to some 'guidelines' there'll be less cause for people to start bitching oocly.

I have no idea what people saw was the problem with what we were doing and I'd like to clarify it, conversely, having someone using emotes such as /slap - to me - is prp and therefore shoddy rp. Just because its in the Blizz emote list doesn't make it acceptable to use it in an rp situation.

Would those involved mind speaking up?

I'm looking for a general agreement from both 'sides' on this because I'm tired of hearing about 'such and such' bitching oocly. Fairly simple, I reckon.

As for drama, no, i'd just like to try and put a stop to as much drama as possible.

Though judging by some of the responses in LFRP and here (so far) I'm probably wasting my time.

Might help if you say what HoS did and how people responded.

Also, just a quick comment on LFRP:
It is true that it is a bit of a spambox atm, but then that's part of community life generally. I'll admit that I tend not to say much in LFRP now, because half the time it's full of people who either I don't know or don't recognise because they are on an alt, which is a shame for me as I used to enjoy the conversations that I was a part of there. However, if people are wanting a channel purely for RP-oriented chat then maybe we should look to going back to Plague as a spam channel, either that or switch it so LFRP is the spam channel and Plague is purely about RP.
At the end of the day, RPers need somewhere to "chew the cud" just as much as anyone else, so chatting crap has to happen somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Kadris

Kadris

PostSubject: Re: RP issues... balance needed.   RP issues... balance needed. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 11:06 am

I don't mind the spam, if it's bothering me I just drop out of the channel. No biggie.

It's the trolling I find abhorent. I went in there to see if I could solve an issue and got lambasted with snotty replies from some smart arses who think it makes them look witty. Totally unnecessary and utterly pathetic, imo.

As for what we did, suffice to say we attended Quin's wake, did nothing to interfere short of arch being his usual arrogant egotistical IC self as we stood by the doorway. We don't expect people to ever be overjoyed at our presence, it comes with the territory, but I can't see how anything he said or emoted would warrant the ooc bitching. i.e. when we entered he commented to us in [low] 'This place stinks of the Living'. ICly we have little respect for the Living and there's obvious IC friction with various members of Forsaken society, who subsequently made their feelings known.

What I want to know is how any of this translates to OOC bitchiness? What is their perspective on it? What in their eyes was done 'wrong'? The whole thing baffles me.

I'd rather not have this ooc 'them and us' feeling.

As for the belf using the /slap emote on arch and I, that in my eyes was just all out bad rp.

Gurfang wrote:

Might help if you say what HoS did and how people responded.

Also, just a quick comment on LFRP:
It is true that it is a bit of a spambox atm, but then that's part of community life generally. I'll admit that I tend not to say much in LFRP now, because half the time it's full of people who either I don't know or don't recognise because they are on an alt, which is a shame for me as I used to enjoy the conversations that I was a part of there. However, if people are wanting a channel purely for RP-oriented chat then maybe we should look to going back to Plague as a spam channel, either that or switch it so LFRP is the spam channel and Plague is purely about RP.
At the end of the day, RPers need somewhere to "chew the cud" just as much as anyone else, so chatting crap has to happen somewhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RP issues... balance needed.   RP issues... balance needed. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 11:38 am

OOC bitching happens all the time when people feel their IC bubble has been burst...Nothing new there.
Back to top Go down
Gwenderlin

Gwenderlin

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: RP issues... balance needed.   RP issues... balance needed. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 11:40 am

People will bitch even if these guide lines are made, it's simple facts of life and un-avoidable only way to stop some of it is confronting the people that been bitching or be the bigger person and just ignore it Smile
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881

PostSubject: Re: RP issues... balance needed.   RP issues... balance needed. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 11:47 am

I'm eating a Calippo whilst reading this, I just wanted to let people know.
Back to top Go down
Gwenderlin

Gwenderlin

PostSubject: Re: RP issues... balance needed.   RP issues... balance needed. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 11:50 am

ooo is it nice? Razz 'hugs vexy'
Back to top Go down
Kadris

Kadris

PostSubject: Re: RP issues... balance needed.   RP issues... balance needed. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 12:01 pm

Gwenderlin wrote:
People will bitch even if these guide lines are made, it's simple facts of life and un-avoidable only way to stop some of it is confronting the people that been bitching or be the bigger person and just ignore it Smile

Aye. Tried that option... i'm now hoping the parties involved will read this and respond.

I prefer strawberry cornettos. Razz
Back to top Go down
Gwenderlin

Gwenderlin

PostSubject: Re: RP issues... balance needed.   RP issues... balance needed. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 12:08 pm

well if they don't respond then maybe just need to grit and bare with ignoring them i guess, but hopefully wont come to that Smile hope all the best for you finding a solution ^.^ I'm off to write more to story hehe 'huggles Kad'
Back to top Go down
Kadris

Kadris

PostSubject: Re: RP issues... balance needed.   RP issues... balance needed. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 12:20 pm

Gwenderlin wrote:
well if they don't respond then maybe just need to grit and bare with ignoring them i guess, but hopefully wont come to that Smile hope all the best for you finding a solution ^.^ I'm off to write more to story hehe 'huggles Kad'

Aye, I expect that's how it's likely to turn out...

Ooh, story?
Back to top Go down
Gwenderlin

Gwenderlin

PostSubject: Re: RP issues... balance needed.   RP issues... balance needed. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 12:21 pm

yeah I wrote the story in our stories (with disclaimer saying nothing to do with WoW) called Tale of the Wolf, and now working on The Crimson Family Smile
Back to top Go down
Kadris

Kadris

PostSubject: Re: RP issues... balance needed.   RP issues... balance needed. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 12:23 pm

Gwenderlin wrote:
yeah I wrote the story in our stories (with disclaimer saying nothing to do with WoW) called Tale of the Wolf, and now working on The Crimson Family Smile

Kewl. I'll sneak a peek. Smile
Back to top Go down
Speatus

Speatus

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: RP issues... balance needed.   RP issues... balance needed. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 12:34 pm

Liontooth wrote:
Eh...I think Nazrug hit the nail on the head with his ball gown comment...Even if it was blunt.

Kadris wrote:
I guess I missed it. Please repeat.

“Agreed. Put away your ball gowns for two seconds, respect the lore and the characters within it. Not everyone on this server role-plays a blood elf princess.”

Quote :

"Goldshire RP" (e.g. sons of major lore characters) and PRP

The increase in emotional Sin'dorei female lesbian "buffy the vampire" like characters that breach the lore is not Warcraft role-play. Obviously that is my view and others will agree to disagree and this fits in the same catergory. That's all i'm going to say on the matter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.createforum.com/warsong/

PostSubject: Re: RP issues... balance needed.   RP issues... balance needed. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 12:40 pm

Speatus wrote:

“Agreed. Put away your ball gowns for two seconds, respect the lore and the characters within it. Not everyone on this server role-plays a blood elf princess.”

Quote :

"Goldshire RP" (e.g. sons of major lore characters) and PRP

The increase in emotional Sin'dorei female lesbian "buffy the vampire" like characters that breach the lore is not Warcraft role-play. Obviously that is my view and others will agree to disagree and this fits in the same catergory. That's all i'm going to say on the matter.

Ah yes that was it!

and QFT
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: RP issues... balance needed.   RP issues... balance needed. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 1:37 pm

Sadly people take IC stuff OOC and start bitching, fact. As I am not aware of the whole situation I would like to add that not giving too much attention to such trolls/haters is the best solution from my experience, and yes Liontooth managed pretty good in a one liner to catch the situation Smile

And Kadris, constant slap spam is really annoying, I experienced myself having my chat spammed for 10 minutes then that emote. Point it out, if he gets aggressive ignore.
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm

PostSubject: Re: RP issues... balance needed.   RP issues... balance needed. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 2:10 pm

I refer back to my earlier post:

Gurfang wrote:
Thirdly, people should always be prepared for others to dislike how they behave (both from an IC perspective) and to react accordingly. Simple facts of life are that not everyone will get on. Whilst this might seem a bit off in an RP community, it is the way that things are and actually make for good RP.

I think in this case it is pertinent to the idiot that slapped you.

Agreed,slapping in that situation is way beyond the acceptable level. However, if Arch had done his standard arrogant spiel in someone's face then I'd see no problem with it, so don't write off the slap emote completely.

Ideally, we could now do with the people that felt so offended to post here so we could get their view on things, but my guess is that they probably won't as it sounds like it's the "fair weather" RPers who are involved here.

Last couple of comments:
Speatus - completely agree with the Buffy comment!
Nazrug - lol!!!
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881

PostSubject: Re: RP issues... balance needed.   RP issues... balance needed. EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 2:17 pm

I didn't think the people who kicked it off were RPers anymore anyway, being Tee and Swampfae at a guess. If I recall correctly their isn't any love lost between them and HoS.

I came in on an alt just to listen to the event because I was tired and semi /afk, but when I saw the bickering going on I must admit I thought it all a bit lame. I mean the dude had died? You wouldn't start arguing at Michael Jackson's funeral would you?

WOULD YOU?!?!?!?!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RP issues... balance needed.   RP issues... balance needed. Empty

Back to top Go down

RP issues... balance needed.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next