We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August

Go down 
+9
Archnazg
Snicka
Katheryn
Leamhan
Ryleen
Avior
Vypra
Siheld
Andellion
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Leaf

Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

[Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August   [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 3:45 pm

This is where Daid comes in and suddenly can't... but it has nothing to do with Vypra being able to come of course. :P
Back to top Go down

[Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August   [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 11:15 pm

No, I still say I´ll come. (But if something unexpected happens that forces me not to... xD )
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August   [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 10:11 pm

Well...it was a -very- long event...but great fun for the most part Very Happy

We'll be carrying on tomorrow from 18.00 in the UC throne room (upstairs) if anymore would like to join us.

There will be screens and some write ups as soon as i get around to it Wink

and Daid missed it!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
munechi

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August   [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 10:37 pm

longest rp event i have ever seen.

great fun too.
Back to top Go down
Nec

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August   [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 11:26 pm

Was loads of fun, had a great time there as Haelas.
Back to top Go down
Katheryn

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August   [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 5:40 am

Was good fun, I may have been ICly bitchy about it, and sometimes, even OOCly!

But, once again, shorter please! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August   [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 8:13 am

Vypra wrote:

Face it Vyp, you scared Daidrax away!
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August   [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 10:35 am

Glad this went good!
I would prefer another event for magi soon ^^
Screenies? Surprised
Back to top Go down
Mindrathu

Mindrathu

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August   [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 2:40 pm

We were dogged by OOCers for the first half and another followed us the entire way. But on the whole, I enjoyed it though I didn't manage to stay for all of it, what time did it finish last night?

I've got some screenies somewhere:

[Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August - Page 2 Wow-2026
The group recieving their Prize List and very well written Manual.
[Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August - Page 2 Wow-2025
The awesome view of Dalaran Crater.
[Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August - Page 2 Wow-2024
Andellion at camp after recovering from a spider bite.
[Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August - Page 2 Wow-2017
And argument/lecture between Andellion and Kát about Abjurists killing people by making a shield inside someone.
[Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August - Page 2 Wow-2016
Haelas turning up and giving Avior and Andellion a run for their money.
[Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August - Page 2 Wow-2013
Andellion and Kát duelling.
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August   [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 9:56 pm

Nice screens there Mind Smile
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August   [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 7:43 am

(( as promised, here is an account of the 1st night of the excursion. Its written as an entry in Chabat's Journal so it focusses on the things that made the biggest impression on her. Hope you all like it and i'll write another entry about the 2nd evening as soon as i can Smile ))

8th August

Its been a long day and I’m really tired, but I wanted to write something down here before I get some sleep. It's been an hour since I left the excursion and I made sure I wrote own all the new things I learned before starting on this but magecraft isn’t the only thing I’ve seen today.

Well…firstly, I was the only troll there. I kinda expected that and I’m used to elves looking down on me (well, not literally…I’m taller than most of them these days) but it was hard being around all the forsaken that turned up. Still, most of them were at least polite…but there was one in particular that seemed to have a bit of a grudge against Master Sunbloom.

Katheryn was pretty snippy with Andellion right from the start; questioning some of his lecture material and sneering at the questions he asked us as if they were beneath her. To be honest, I felt like she wasn’t really a student at all…it was almost as if she’d turned up just to make the point that she wasn’t impressed by him. She talked all the way through his lecture at the Dalaran crater. Then, while we examined the binding stones in Arathi, another Magister that Katheryn introduced as Master Dawnshade turned up and I almost felt that we ended up in the middle of some kind of old rivalry. It was a bit intimidating...but listening to them debating the finer points of Arcane theory and the corrupting nature of its use was absolutely fascinating.

I was really worried when they made the portal to the elemental plane. I still can’t believe Andellion went through (i think master Avior thought it was a big risk too), although given what I saw later, I have to wonder if there was some kind of plan between Haelas and Katheryn to be rid of him . I can’t be sure, but Katheryn really seemed much more snappy after he made it back ok. I could have just been imagining it i suppose...it could just have been that she wanted to get back at me for doing so well in the pop quiz we had earlier but either way, she attacked me pretty viciously when we were having the wand duel.

I’m the first to admit that I’m pretty useless at any kind of combat but she managed to completely drain all my energy so I couldn’t even fight back. Master Sunbloom seemed like he wanted to teach her a lesson for that so they paired up next and they really went at each other…infact, they were barely using wands by the time Katheryn agreed to call it a draw.

Thankfully we took a portal to Silvermoon soon after and I nipped over to have a quick chat with Inethven while the others got themselves ready to head off again (and was a little ashamed to have him remind me that studying Magic can be a risky business). We set off through Eversong woods next and learned all about the great runestones that were erected to hide the power of the Sunwell from the Demons of the Twisting Nether.

By then it was getting pretty late and we made a little campfire and told ghost stories (not my idea of a good thing to do so close to bedtime but everybody else seemed to enjoy it). We got another quiz and chance to exchange the coins we’d been awarded for some of Avior’s prizes. Then something happened that really freaked me out.

Haelas and Andellion were debating over the extent of the corrupting power of Fel as compared to Arcane energy again and most of the others had left already…and then Haelas said something like ’I’ll show you the true extent of the corruption…’ and then he turned into a demon!!!

I panicked at that point. I was tired and jittery and just totally freaked out and ran. I’m sure it was probably just an illusion thinking back and I’m going to be so embarrassed going back tomorrow (well, it’s today now I guess ) but it looked so real…

Anyway, I’ll make sure to read over all the notes when I wake up and hopefully I won’t make an idiot of myself this evening.
Back to top Go down
Leamhan

Leamhan

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2009-07-02

PostSubject: Re: [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August   [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 12:28 pm

Well I missed the long one ... simply sins I wasn’t able to log on until 20:15, and thought
I missed it al. Any way ... I man edged to make it to the beginning of the second one.

The part I was with on did not have much to do with arcane ... though some with Fel. (love the fact that to me as a Swedish, Fel energy [fel energi] is like "Wrong energy").

To Leamhan the event was interesting in many ways … and no I am not going to tell how Wink
Leamahn spent time observing a bunch of mages, some interesting Forsaken behaviours, munching on a fel stone, looking at a lovely female elf (at least to him she was) and a some what interesting (you never know why) Troll ... wile his demon dog was digging for bones. Then he remembered an important meeting and left …

I am sorry that I had to leave after only 1.5h but the part I was on was fun ... and reminds me how much more id like to be able to control me pet and make pet emotes :/

Looking forward to more events like this … whether I come on me mage or lock.
Back to top Go down
Avior

Avior

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August   [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 1:32 pm

Quote :
Fel energy [fel energi] is like "Wrong energy"
Fail energy? Shocked

Anyway, the event was great! Well, maybe a bit too long (8 hours straight), but definitely fun. I was helping organize it though, so it may feel a bit different "on the inside", but still.

I really hope Andellion won't drop the idea now. There are still so many places to visit all across Azeroth, and we can go only to one or two every week, that way it won't be that tiring. Also, i think it is even more interesting for non-magical classes that want to learn more about Arcane.

IMO, the event was a success, and we definitely should keep it up!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August   [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 3:46 pm

Snicka wrote:
Vypra wrote:

Face it Vyp, you scared Daidrax away!

I wasn´t scared.. I´m just a hater. Arch was right xD
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August   [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 4:16 pm

(( aww, Don't hate us Daid...i have some hugs for you... Wink anyway, here's the second part ))

9th August

Well, despite the icky start, I think things went a bit better tonight. We didn’t have as many with us …but I’ll get to that in a moment.

Me and Dionisia were the 1st to arrive again but after waiting for the others while Master Sunbloom spoke with the Blood Elf lady that had followed us at the end of last night’s trip, we finally set out for Brill.

The Lady (I don’t think I ever caught her name ) wanted us to gather dust from the bones of the people buried in the graveyard. I’m not sure why but Andellion seemed to think this was educational. I was reminded of what Inethven had said to me in Silvermoon…but this was more than just dangerous ( and disgusting…I mean… rats and diseases and slimy mould…Yuk! ), it went against everything I’ve always been taught. I didn’t want to risk being cursed by the Loa for desecrating the graves so I refused to do it. Dio seemed more than happy to get some for me though so I guess the Lady didn’t end up with less than she wanted but don't even want to think about what Leahman said Dio was doing while she got the samples...being sick once was enough!

After the Lady was satisfied, we went to the Inn. I didn't know why at first but it turned out that Master Dawnshade was running a lecture in the town hall next door and Andellion wanted to check it out. He was really upset when he came back, going on about people stealing his students...apparently that was why Katheryn hadn't come with us tonight ( can't say that i was -too- bothered about that though).

Magister Avior finally managed to calm things down and we took a portal to Silvermoon again before making our way to the Blasted Lands to see the Dark Portal. It's the only fixed portal in existence and was formed by Medivh himself to let the original Horde come to Azeroth from Dreanor (well, everybody calls it Outland now).

Next we went to see the great Tower of Karazahn where Medivh lived. The place was Huge! I wish we could have got a little closer...maybe even gone inside...but it was too dangerous. The passes were full of great big birds that kept attacking us and i really didn't fancy falling and Master Sunbloom hurried us on into Elwynn.

The Tower of Azora was realy intresting, though the mages got a little annoyed by us just marching in and looking at their stuff. I hoped we'd be able to talk to them about the scrying orbs and how they made them but we just ended up getting into a fight with them and Andellion had to cast a spell to erase their memories so they wouldn't come after us. I guess the Kirin Tor haven't been able to persuade the rest of the Alliance mages to accept us Horde spell casters after all.

After that we stopped at a waterfall. I didn't notice at first, but Master Sunbloom told us the waters were magical and could be used for scrying. Master Avior showed us how to make a fire stay burning on the surface and make the water freeze...that looked like a complicated bit of magic...but i think i understood the principle once he explained it.

Finally, Avior created a portal so we could return to Dalaran and we used the last of those magic coins to get some prizes (Dio got some magic snowballs and i got the little paper zepplin kit that i'm going to try putting it together in the morning). It was a lot of stuff that we had to take in and i'm glad Andellion gave us some course notes to study or i'm sure i'd forget half of what we learned but i did have a good time in the end (Mindrathu and Dio weren't too bad despite being forsaken) ...i hope we all get together for another trip sometime.
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August   [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 10:41 am

Quote :
And argument/lecture between Andellion and Kát about Abjurists killing people by making a shield inside someone

hihi, siheld is able to do that aswell ;p
who RP's abjurist aswell? ;o i'm curious!
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August   [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 6:26 pm

Oh by the way Vypra; Chabat's journal is so cute, she is just an innocent sweet gal! Wink
Nice writing!

Tough, a portal to the elemental plane?
That sounds weird since it isn't really known amongst citizens of Azeroth..
Books speak about an elemental plane, bu tthese are myths.
Back to top Go down
Andellion

Andellion

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-03-29

PostSubject: Re: [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August   [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 3:42 pm

This is great feedback, thank you Vypra...

Actually, I can explain my recent absense... I was lured towards an other realm, the Sha'tar. I saw on the forums that they required teachers/instructors for The Academy -guild.

But now reading this, explains what fool I was, thought I have made friends on the Sha'tar as well, it isn't even close to you people.

<3 and expect my return..

((Chabat's diary made a tear in my eye))

With the RP experience I've gathered in the Sha'tar, I shall make a few changes about my character. Clichés are not interesting, and my roleplay knowledge has only grown more.

But then again, I do have noticed the big difference between the Sha'tar and Scarshield Legion.. I cannot and will not believe it's dead, though many left to find a better place elsewhere.

Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August   [Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Scarshield Legion RP] Apprentice Excursion: Something Occured IRL -> Moved to *NEW*8-9th of August
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2