We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What's going on with the Alliance?

Go down 
+6
Rolfsen
munechi
Snicka
Siheld
Morgalyen
Shadowtroll
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

What's going on with the Alliance? Empty
PostSubject: What's going on with the Alliance?   What's going on with the Alliance? EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 10:03 am

First I see Covenant goes, then we see from Thaya's post that Menace goes (though the reasons and the history make this less of a surprise) and apparently a third guild has also disbanded on the blue side of town, all in the space of a weekend! Is this just a blip or a sign of things to come?
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with the Alliance?   What's going on with the Alliance? EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 10:17 am

Who's the third guild? And maybe the Covenant is a loss as from RP perspective (although their heavy closed circle RP?) but do you sorry for Menace? Especially you Gurfang Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with the Alliance?   What's going on with the Alliance? EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 10:28 am

It's probably a government conspiracy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with the Alliance?   What's going on with the Alliance? EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 10:32 am

Simply put they are bored and SSL does not provide them what they want. Completely understandable.
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with the Alliance?   What's going on with the Alliance? EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 10:42 am

Covenant indeed was a strict closed circle altough it contained good RP'ers and people who were fun with Random RP.
Menace.. wait, who were they again..
I honoustly think that the leaving of Xari is a lost.. He is a jerk but he did soooo much for Alliance RP!
Uhm.. I'm curious for the 3rd guild.. wait, I think that h emeant Khazrand ta Khazmodan, but they left a few weeks ago! They joined Dwarven Rifle Squad on DB.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with the Alliance?   What's going on with the Alliance? EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 10:46 am

Shadowtroll wrote:
Who's the third guild? And maybe the Covenant is a loss as from RP perspective (although their heavy closed circle RP?) but do you sorry for Menace? Especially you Gurfang Very Happy

I wouldn't say I'm amazingly fussed about the loss of Menace. That said, the loss of over 10 players on a server of this size is quite a chunk, especially when you include the fact that the main pull for people to a server is the quality of PVE and Menace were a VERY good PVE guild, which can only reduce the pull that this server has for new people.

As for the third guild, if it's KtK then that was happening ages ago but the suggestion was that it's 3 over the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with the Alliance?   What's going on with the Alliance? EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 11:07 am

Siheld wrote:

I honoustly think that the leaving of Xari is a lost.. He is a jerk but he did soooo much for Alliance RP!

Dont become too much of a fanboy, serious it he may be some nice roleplayer but acting for months like an idiot ruins pretty much every reputation.

As to Menace, PvE is quiet well developed on SSL so I hardly doubt the community will suffer so much, in fact the forums will be some tad more quiet (I hope) duo lack of spam, flame and lame trolling stuff.

And the Covenant can be good as they want (sure big guild, active RP from what I hear) but big deal if they keep it only for themselves and only got the closed RP circle stuff tighter. Although my (as it seems) negative criticism from realm point of view its bad loosing members.
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with the Alliance?   What's going on with the Alliance? EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 11:38 am

Uhm I'm not a fanboy, far from that, but yes Xari and I were friends once.
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with the Alliance?   What's going on with the Alliance? EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 12:18 pm

Siheld wrote:

Uhm.. I'm curious for the 3rd guild.. wait, I think that h emeant Khazrand ta Khazmodan, but they left a few weeks ago! They joined Dwarven Rifle Squad on DB.

So the Dwarven Rifle Squad stole our dwarves? :S That's sad.
I was the member of DRS ages ago with a dwarven alt, they are a nice bunch... but honestly, advertising on other servers to join them ain't nice from them at all.
Back to top Go down
munechi

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with the Alliance?   What's going on with the Alliance? EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 1:26 pm

Shadowtroll wrote:
As to Menace, PvE is quiet well developed on SSL so I hardly doubt the community will suffer so much, in fact the forums will be some tad more quiet (I hope) duo lack of spam, flame and lame trolling stuff.

"As for forums, I don't need to necessarily be on the realm to read/post on them :p"

not all of them will be of the forums it seems
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with the Alliance?   What's going on with the Alliance? EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 2:42 pm

munechi wrote:
Shadowtroll wrote:

"As for forums, I don't need to necessarily be on the realm to read/post on them :p"

not all of them will be of the forums it seems

Yeah, but with Thaya that's not necessarily a bad thing. Sure he can be a goon at times but he can also deliver some deliciously cutting remarks and very occasionally a decent contribution too!

As to ST's comment on SSL PVE, whilst the Horde side are going pretty well, if you take away Menace you don't really have much on the Alliance. Sure some are slowly plodding along, but to get new people to the server you need at least 1 guild that is pushing along at a decent rate for it to look like it's worth coming along.
Sure, it also helps to have a decent PVP status (especially for a PVP-oriented realm!!!) but with Menace gone I think that leaves a pretty big gap to fill.

(Enter Nick with a homo-erotic comment about filling gaps)
Back to top Go down
Rolfsen

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-06-17

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with the Alliance?   What's going on with the Alliance? EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 5:14 pm

I do believe the third guild you were talking about was <Fright>. I heard they broke down aswell.
Back to top Go down
Emanee

Emanee

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-06-23

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with the Alliance?   What's going on with the Alliance? EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 8:02 pm

Yarr, Fright too, Hide and Seek a few weeks back?

Sad thing about Menace was the way they did it, but then with people who can play the game and be a bit selfish (I'm not clamining this is a bad thing btw) its no suprise.

Its the same thing thats happened time and time again (abeit I still take 'credit' for the whole Closed Circle transfer >.<), PvE wise there are still good guilds on the server- Echoes, Avatars (must remember not to add the 'd'), Conscience, and Soulforge (who have been bolstered by Exiles going totally casual).

Besides its summer Wink But well when a friend was all sad about Blap, I told them this would happen.... true didnt think I would be out of it but, hey! fun to watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with the Alliance?   What's going on with the Alliance? EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 9:53 pm

What happened with the disbanding? It was alluded to in Thaya's post that it was done in public, but what was actually done?

Hmm, so the third guild is Fright. And Hide and Seek too? The Hub (my guild with Gurthang) were in a raiding alliance with them for a while.

Granted, there are still guilds that raid to a decent standard, but none of them are particularly stand out guilds like Menace were. That said, with Menace being made up of a lot of the people that were Martyrium/CARE and these people were known to have made their own pyre and thrown copious amounts of kerosene on it before jumping on it it is not entirely surprising that they blazed brightly and then burned out.
Back to top Go down
Emanee

Emanee

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with the Alliance?   What's going on with the Alliance? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 7:14 am

Menace did have the Care/Marty/CC(tbc) lot, though Soulforge have been on their ass, EoL have had steady progression, Avatars and Conscience more so I believe (abeit summer seems to have got them too), SSL really hasnt lost much with them leaving.

Its my understanding that Ezters post on the realm forums summarises what happens- the members not invited to jump server or not involved found out the guild was disbanding after they had been accepted to their new server.
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with the Alliance?   What's going on with the Alliance? EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 1:55 pm

Gurfang, Hybris is swapping server as well. Seems Alliance is near to extinction Very Happy The reasons are obvious aren't they? After all these pirate attacks people run in fear! pirat
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with the Alliance?   What's going on with the Alliance? EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 2:00 pm

No

And personally, Hybris, and Menance, didn't do anything about RP, so as long as we have the RP' ers.. we're fine..
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with the Alliance?   What's going on with the Alliance? EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 2:08 pm

So. What.

((oooh I'm harsh cyclops ))
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with the Alliance?   What's going on with the Alliance? EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 2:09 pm

Siheld wrote:
And personally, Hybris, and Menance, didn't do anything about RP, so as long as we have the RP' ers.. we're fine..

This
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with the Alliance?   What's going on with the Alliance? EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 2:39 pm

Opathu wrote:
So. What.

My point.
Back to top Go down
Emanee

Emanee

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with the Alliance?   What's going on with the Alliance? EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 4:13 pm

keeps us in banter Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with the Alliance?   What's going on with the Alliance? EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 10:32 am

Opathu wrote:
So. What.

Less people on the server, less people likely to join, regardless of their inclination. That's my basic assessment of the situation, so it will affect us all. And let's not forget that a lot of the people that you might have PVP'd with in the BG's are disappearing, making 5v40 an almost guaranteed certainty every time. Eventually, when they finally sort out the merge properly, you will probably experience being the only person speaking English when you PVP on a regular basis!
Back to top Go down
Emanee

Emanee

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with the Alliance?   What's going on with the Alliance? EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 12:18 pm

Gurfang wrote:
Opathu wrote:
So. What.

Less people on the server, less people likely to join, regardless of their inclination. That's my basic assessment of the situation, so it will affect us all. And let's not forget that a lot of the people that you might have PVP'd with in the BG's are disappearing, making 5v40 an almost guaranteed certainty every time. Eventually, when they finally sort out the merge properly, you will probably experience being the only person speaking English when you PVP on a regular basis!

Thats nothing new isnt it... with the Italians from Hakkar at least it always used to be italian randomness
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with the Alliance?   What's going on with the Alliance? EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 12:42 pm

Emanee wrote:
Gurfang wrote:
Opathu wrote:
So. What.

Thats nothing new isnt it... with the Italians from Hakkar at least it always used to be italian randomness

But that's only been a quarter in the past. With Germans being fully merged with us and the SSL (and thus Ruin) population going down it is likely to be a whole lot worse. Still, I suppose it's better than being merged with the cheese-eating surrender monkeys Wink
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with the Alliance?   What's going on with the Alliance? EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 10:08 am

SWO disbanded..

That means we have like..

Stormwind Miltia and Keepers of the Grove..

I guess..That when I make my return.. AD will be the place for me..

OMG, What is going on with the Alliance side?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's going on with the Alliance?   What's going on with the Alliance? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's going on with the Alliance?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next