We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What WoW really lacks

Go down 
+7
Vexacus
Katheryn
Ryleen
Adalan
Tavecy
Shadowtroll
Elisse
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Elisse

Elisse

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-01-02

What WoW really lacks Empty
PostSubject: What WoW really lacks   What WoW really lacks EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 7:37 pm

A fine oppurtunity for you to rant and whine about what is missing from WoW.

But theres a catch, it can only be from an RP perspective. So i dont wanna see any complaints about nerfing classes or bosses or anything like that, i just want to know what you think the WoW devs could do to make it a whole lot better, or easier for us RPers! Smile

I'll start it off:
Lack of skirts.

This really annoys me, i can't work out why this is! Perhaps its the fact that they cant be bothered to animate the rest of your legs above your ankles like when you wear a kilt/robe currently?
Perhaps they think it'd be too sexual for WoW? (WoW forums littered with night elf upskirt shots, i can see it happening)
Maybe skirts aren't invented! Razz In an age of helicopters and rocket launchers fighting side by side with old magic and good old fashioned steel, Surely there has been a person who had the bottom of their robe ripped off by a rampant gnoll/ogre/gnome, and look in the mirror and say "Hey, not bad!"

Anyway, thats my one, i look forward to hearing yours!
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: What WoW really lacks   What WoW really lacks EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 7:45 pm

Why it isnt surprising me that I hear that from you?

I post something when I come up with it.
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Tavecy

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: What WoW really lacks   What WoW really lacks EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Player housing and guild halls.

Im back in Everquest 2 at the moment and they have guild halls in the game now. The guild that I am in has the largest one and it is simply amazing.
And player housing is something I enjoy alot since I love decorating.
Back to top Go down
Adalan

Adalan

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: What WoW really lacks   What WoW really lacks EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 8:05 pm

Check this out (clicky).

I've had this in the bank for my (female) shaman since forever, and finally equipped it the other day. It's got... awkward... stats, but I knew it would come in handy. My shaman (Eiyre) is supposed to be a crazy old woman, and crazy old women probably don't wear trousers. But the majority of dedicated shaman gear is made to show off your shapely legs. Actual leather/mail robes are pretty rare. But even though that huge wodge of spirit is frankly a bit of a waste, I'm keeping that kilt for as long as I can, because it's just that good.

In summary: yes, there ought to be more skirts.

But then, in the fastidiously equal-opporunities world that is Warcraft, every bit of gear has to suit both genders. Your average 14-year old male won't take kindly to Tier 9 rogue legs turning out to be a fancy skirt.
Back to top Go down
Elisse

Elisse

PostSubject: Re: What WoW really lacks   What WoW really lacks EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 8:16 pm

Adalan wrote:
Check this out (clicky).
Warcraft, every bit of gear has to suit both genders. Your average 14-year old male won't take kindly to Tier 9 rogue legs turning out to be a fancy skirt.
Well they have done it before so that a piece of gear looks different on both genders, like mageweave leggings for example. Also they wouldnt have done such feminine dresses if they were trying to suit both genders ^^ or perhaps they did just want to see how funny it'd be to see male orc in a dress?

Benton wrote:
Player housing and guild halls.
I can understand why this perhaps may not work. Every house would either be a physical one in azeroth which couldnt work since there would not be enough space, and it would likely interrupt proper gameplay, or it could be an instanced building. This may work for guilds, since they are fewer than players, but if every player had the oppurtunity to create a house.. well i dont know much about latency but im guessing lag would go through the roof.
Back to top Go down
Ryleen

Ryleen

Number of posts : 762

PostSubject: Re: What WoW really lacks   What WoW really lacks EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 8:31 pm

Player housing.

It was planned, from the very beginning, but they dropped it for some reason.

Customised looks. Body types, perhaps. And more flexible faces, like the ability to choose parts separately. Right now, there's about five different faces for each race/gender, and they look pretty much the same. :< it's horrible.

And of course, more rp friendly toys and stuff like that would be nice too.
Back to top Go down
http://aldriona.deviantart.com
Katheryn

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: What WoW really lacks   What WoW really lacks EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 8:32 pm

Heh, I remember us talking about that Elisse cheers

Yes, with the whole Plate Bikini thing Blizzard has going on, skirts should be here already.
Back to top Go down
Elisse

Elisse

PostSubject: Re: What WoW really lacks   What WoW really lacks EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 8:43 pm

Yeah! They can have ultra-revealing shiny metal bikinis, but not any skirts? It's madness!

I agree totally with the customization part. WoW doesn't even have the size sliders and all that stuff that every other free MMO seems to have abundance of!
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

PostSubject: Re: What WoW really lacks   What WoW really lacks EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 8:50 pm

Elisse wrote:
It's madness!

Madness?

THIS IS WOW!
Back to top Go down
Elisse

Elisse

PostSubject: Re: What WoW really lacks   What WoW really lacks EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 8:51 pm

You have befouled my post.
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

PostSubject: Re: What WoW really lacks   What WoW really lacks EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 8:59 pm

Elisse wrote:
You have befouled my post.

I so did!
Back to top Go down
Katheryn

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: What WoW really lacks   What WoW really lacks EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 9:28 pm

The post needs an Exorcism... Bring in a Blood Knight!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What WoW really lacks   What WoW really lacks EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 12:16 am

WoW needs the ability to kill your own faction in places other than arenas. It could be a setting like the current PVP flagging system, but for RP to be more realistic it would be useful to have.
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: What WoW really lacks   What WoW really lacks EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 3:27 am

Gurfang wrote:
WoW needs the ability to kill your own faction in places other than arenas. It could be a setting like the current PVP flagging system, but for RP to be more realistic it would be useful to have.

This. There should indeed be a self controlled flag where you can set FFA. Would be great for conflict storylines, guild vs guild. Single player vs single player duels just don't cut it imo.
Back to top Go down
Vaknor

Vaknor

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: What WoW really lacks   What WoW really lacks EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 5:19 am

Gms that discipline people for being constant ooctards. If you get so many complaints you should get a ban, repeat offenders transferred to non-rp realms.

And more sexleg.
Back to top Go down
http://orderofillumination.darkbb.com/index.htm
Chassandra

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: What WoW really lacks   What WoW really lacks EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 8:20 am

Yes, I certainly wouldn't mind a black leather mini skirt for Chassandra, although the Black Mageweave works rather well.
Now that they are soon to introduce the Dance Studio, which I am eternally grateful for, as I *HATE* female Belf dance...
...please let me change my voice! Not that I want to sound all too serious, but just not like some completly brain dead brat.

oh, and nerf shamans Razz
Back to top Go down
Kaeldrin

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: What WoW really lacks   What WoW really lacks EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 9:43 am

Gurfang wrote:

Of course, the only problem with this is controlling the mass murderers. Its annoying enough having to /ignore OOCtards, and pretend they aren’t there. Imagine being cut down every time. You’d want to keep your “PVP” flag on for realism, so Guilds would probably be driven further underground away from the fools, making Random RP even less.

As for player housing? If it was instanced how would it work? Would it affect lag?

I always saw Guild Housing as instanced, with one portal per city (so that you get a ‘themed’ GH) and that the portal takes you to the GH of the guild your in. Non-Guildies cannot enter. Of course that means Cross-Guild stuff has to be done outside of the halls, but if its not Guil-only and instanced, I can just imagine the place being trashed by OOCtards.
Back to top Go down
Ryleen

Ryleen

PostSubject: Re: What WoW really lacks   What WoW really lacks EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 11:12 am

Chassandra wrote:
...Now that they are soon to introduce the Dance Studio...

Now you make me curious. Tell me more. What's this?

@Kael: I remember reading up on what was planned for player housing somewhere. (wowwiki? probably.) There's apparently some place in stormwind that's locked off with a guarded gate, which was meant to lead to the player housing area. I'm not sure if there's anything in the other cities, or if the plans were canceled before such things were added.

And I'd guess the housing would be instanced, but with some way of inviting the people you chose. I doubt anyone would be able to get in. (I remember from when I played L2, they had an interesting housing system, although evil in some ways... as much of their game mechanics were. Anyway, each member of the guild would have a key, and they could lock and unlock the front door. Much like locked doors work in wow. I remember once, someone in a guild had forgot to close the door to the guild hall behind him when he left Smile Only time I managed to get a peek inside.
Back to top Go down
Kaeldrin

PostSubject: Re: What WoW really lacks   What WoW really lacks EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 11:30 am

Yup, there is a big instance portal in Stormwind behind a gate. Although looking at the map, the area behind isn’t really big enough for a “housing district” as such. Maybe just one/several houses that are instanced for players.

And we should be able to decorate them. Buy furniture from each city. So I have my nice Silvermoon apartment, but I fancy a cage or something for keeping humans in. Lets go to Undercity to buy a cage! Off to TB to buy a totem pole for living room. You’d deploy it like you would an AoE spell. Hehe.

/cast totempole

As for the Dance Studio… apparently there must be some sort of demand for it. It’s meant to be a place, where you can go, to change your dance. Make up your own dance. If anyone has played around with the Sony Ericson Mobile Phones, you will probably know about the Music DJ, where you take snippits of a rhythm and piece them together to get the song you want. I’ve heard – from a friend of a friend kinda thing (There’s not that much detail on the studio as of yet) that you chose several moves and then piece them together.

When your character dances you can see they have very distinct stages. These stages are carved up and then pieced together. So you have a troll dancing, that does “Human Female Stage 1, Troll Male Stage 3, Gnome Male Stage 2 etc…

Like I said. What it does, all I have read is hearsay. All I actually know as a fact, was it was meant to come out with Wrath, but it got delayed.

What ever it does, it still begs the question. Why? Why or dear God why? There are so many better things Blizz could be working on.
Back to top Go down
Ryleen

Ryleen

PostSubject: Re: What WoW really lacks   What WoW really lacks EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 11:53 am

But it sounds awesome Smile Perhaps I finally could have an elf character who would dare dance in public without embarrasment? Also, even in the earliest trailer for Wrath, "new dances!" was one of the major selling points, it's obviously something they believe in. And it's about time that they actually give us what the promised. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kaeldrin

PostSubject: Re: What WoW really lacks   What WoW really lacks EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 12:15 pm

All I’m going to say on that point then is thank the mystical deities that the Emerald Dream is still scrapped.

Back on the point of what WoW is missing… Horde side RP spots. I still feel there is a significant lack of Horde side RP locations. And no, I don’t just mean taverns with clickable seats. I mean, look at Theremore. Clickable practise dummies, a virtually empty barracks, a tavern with seats and beds, a dock, empty stalls, a Mage tower with lots of empty desks/workbenches… it’s the perfect town for an RP guild to commandeer. Even Menethril (?) has its perks, alongside nearly every other Alliance town.

Now look at the Horde towns. There is one empty house in the whole of Quel’thalas. I’m not sure about Ogri or TB, I don’t tend to hang around there. And UC has none, because the undead don’t need that kind of thing. But again, I suppose this rant swings right round to Guild and player housing.
Back to top Go down
Ryleen

Ryleen

PostSubject: Re: What WoW really lacks   What WoW really lacks EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 12:29 pm

I agree completely on that. It's awful how very very unfair it is, alliance having so much more rp spots. There is -one- empty house in Orgrimmar. Then I made an ally alt on another server and took a walk in Stormwind... It's got the park, a whole section of the city that's practically empty, as well as all kinds of wonderful little places in other parts of the city... Sad It's so very very unfair! And that's just one town!

In fact, most alliance buildings, at least the dwarf and human ones, feels so much more real and alive. They have furniture, little things standing around making it look inhabited. What do you find in an orc building? A rug on the floor, some weapons lying around and probably some skulls or bones. They don't feel like homes at all, and that's just plain laziness from the designers. There is no reasons why an orc or a troll wouldn't want to have a comfortable home. Or why forsaken would insist on breaking every single piece of furniture in the houses they live in. I mean.. sure, you're undead now and you don't need the bed to sleep in and you may not care as much about having a neat home as you did when you were alive... it's still impractical to have to wade through heaps of trash when going through your home. It's just bad design, lacking any deeper thought, and it could have been so so much better... Grah! Evil or Very Mad

*goes off to cry in a corner for a while*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What WoW really lacks   What WoW really lacks EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 1:52 pm

Kaeldrin wrote:
Gurfang wrote:

Of course, the only problem with this is controlling the mass murderers. Its annoying enough having to /ignore OOCtards, and pretend they aren’t there. Imagine being cut down every time. You’d want to keep your “PVP” flag on for realism, so Guilds would probably be driven further underground away from the fools, making Random RP even less.

Easily sorted, just don't have it flagged when you are not looking for it. The main thing would be for mass fights between guilds of the same faction (like when the WSB and GWT had to go for a duel between their champions, they could, with this option, have an all out brawl with a team from each guild).

I've made a post here to suggest it to Blizz, so fingers crossed on this!
Back to top Go down
Kaeldrin

PostSubject: Re: What WoW really lacks   What WoW really lacks EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 2:37 pm

I suppose as long as the fights happen in out of the way places, then its fine.

I remember once with HoS we were having a ‘meeting’ in the ruins of Lordaeron, with a Human and Arshes (?) as a translator. After 10 minutes the “LOL RAWR HUMAN IN UC KILLY STABITY DEATH” message went round the General Channel and the meeting got trashed by OOCTards.

It was at that moment I realised why some RPers go to private servers for their RP. So much more customization and instantly kickable tards.
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: What WoW really lacks   What WoW really lacks EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 2:42 pm

Kaeldrin wrote:
I suppose as long as the fights happen in out of the way places, then its fine.

I remember once with HoS we were having a ‘meeting’ in the ruins of Lordaeron, with a Human and Arshes (?) as a translator. After 10 minutes the “LOL RAWR HUMAN IN UC KILLY STABITY DEATH” message went round the General Channel and the meeting got trashed by OOCTards.

It was at that moment I realised why some RPers go to private servers for their RP. So much more customization and instantly kickable tards.

If anyone has used a private server, I'd be interested to chat (PM). I'm writing a piece about them at the moment, for the BBC's website.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What WoW really lacks   What WoW really lacks Empty

Back to top Go down

What WoW really lacks
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We Are Legion :: Meet & Greet :: Random Carp-
Jump to: