We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WoW Gender Bending

Go down 
+7
Lyranne
Tavecy
Pyschotaz
Xariandra
Morgalyen
Opathu
Vexacus
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

WoW Gender Bending Empty
PostSubject: WoW Gender Bending   WoW Gender Bending EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 9:36 am

Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

WoW Gender Bending Empty
PostSubject: Re: WoW Gender Bending   WoW Gender Bending EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 9:50 am

Please don't make me link the image of Vexacus and gender bendering in the same breath again, Mr S Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net

WoW Gender Bending Empty
PostSubject: Re: WoW Gender Bending   WoW Gender Bending EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 9:59 am

"Sweet I have breasts now"
Back to top Go down
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-05-26

WoW Gender Bending Empty
PostSubject: Re: WoW Gender Bending   WoW Gender Bending EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 10:01 am

Liontooth wrote:

Tauren Female have no breasts, it's udders.
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

WoW Gender Bending Empty
PostSubject: Re: WoW Gender Bending   WoW Gender Bending EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 10:02 am

/barfs

/tries to get rid of image of Lion's moobs being milked by ... NO STOP! STOP IT NOW!
Back to top Go down

WoW Gender Bending Empty
PostSubject: Re: WoW Gender Bending   WoW Gender Bending EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 10:02 am

Morgalyen wrote:
Liontooth wrote:

Tauren Female have no breasts, it's udders.

*continues playing with his UDDERS*
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881

WoW Gender Bending Empty
PostSubject: Re: WoW Gender Bending   WoW Gender Bending EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 10:06 am

Liontooth wrote:

No change, IMO.
Back to top Go down

WoW Gender Bending Empty
PostSubject: Re: WoW Gender Bending   WoW Gender Bending EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 10:42 am

I await the first RP'd sex change with great interest!

***Edit***

That said, it would be quite cool if you could change your race. Then we could have Belf Warriors, Dwarf Shaman, Human Hunters etc, a whole host of racial classes that SHOULD have existed could now be available.
Back to top Go down
Xariandra

Xariandra

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-05-26

WoW Gender Bending Empty
PostSubject: Re: WoW Gender Bending   WoW Gender Bending EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 11:07 am

Gurfang wrote:
I await the first RP'd sex change with great interest!

***Edit***

That said, it would be quite cool if you could change your race. Then we could have Belf Warriors, Dwarf Shaman, Human Hunters etc, a whole host of racial classes that SHOULD have existed could now be available.

And the not-so-cool ones like Human Druids and Night Elf Warlocks.. which make absolutely no sense lorewise..

oh wait.. did blizzard ever care about that o.O
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

WoW Gender Bending Empty
PostSubject: Re: WoW Gender Bending   WoW Gender Bending EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 11:17 am

Hmm, this could be my final chance to NOT LOOK LIKE A FAT BALDY FATTIE FROM A DODGY 70S PR0N FILM AS I SIT ATOP MY DREADSTEED (fat man on a moped).

Should I transform into 'Opatha' so I don't look like a silly twat atop my demon steed?

*thinks of his RP story 'How Thrall Gelded Me And I Liked It'
Back to top Go down
Pyschotaz

Pyschotaz

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-06-19

WoW Gender Bending Empty
PostSubject: Re: WoW Gender Bending   WoW Gender Bending EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 11:50 am

This might actually make me quit wow......if this is the way wow is going then the game can only keep going down.

Seriously i can't even joke about something as crap as this.
Back to top Go down
Tavecy

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-10-30

WoW Gender Bending Empty
PostSubject: Re: WoW Gender Bending   WoW Gender Bending EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 12:09 pm

Pyschotaz wrote:
This might actually make me quit wow......if this is the way wow is going then the game can only keep going down.

I agree.

Where would it end ? It's too much effort to level from 1-80 why cant we make an instant level 80 character or
I dont want to be a orc fighting for the horde I want to be an alliance orc, where would it end.
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

WoW Gender Bending Empty
PostSubject: Re: WoW Gender Bending   WoW Gender Bending EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 12:17 pm

I think I just Razz
Back to top Go down

WoW Gender Bending Empty
PostSubject: Re: WoW Gender Bending   WoW Gender Bending EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 5:46 pm

Benton wrote:
Pyschotaz wrote:

I agree.

Where would it end ? It's too much effort to level from 1-80 why cant we make an instant level 80 character or
I dont want to be a orc fighting for the horde I want to be an alliance orc, where would it end.

Of course, if Blizz had gone for a properly decent free-form MMO then we could have had orcs and humans fighting side by side against another bunch of orcs and humans. Admittedly, given the fact that this is just another way for Blizz to glean money from the gaming populace (and you just know that some people will be taking them up on it!) this sort of thing is likely to increase. However I hope that Blizz look at it and decide to move more towards the free-form idea and give people the chance to grind rep with opposing races and factions, like you would have to if this were real life, so that at least you know that anyone who has made a change like this has actually earned it, rather than just forking out some cash and getting the change.
Back to top Go down
Lyranne

Lyranne

Number of posts : 329

WoW Gender Bending Empty
PostSubject: Re: WoW Gender Bending   WoW Gender Bending EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 2:35 pm

To play devil's advocate for a moment; I can think of a few reasons even an RPer would use the opption of changing the characters gender:

1) They simply got bored of seeing their character, and they storyline was going nowhere. Instead of having to level a new character to level 80 or whatever, it's more convenient to simply do a level 80 reroll.

2) Your character died IC, but they were your main and so in order to do anything RP related with the character, you're forced to either roll an alt, or pay for a name-change. The thing is; how many ways can an individual play a male troll shaman, without the newly named one not feeling like a carbon copy after a while?

3) You only just got into RP, and are having trouble RPing a given gender. Rather than be scared of of playing as a male/female, it seems an easy option to change all your characters to the one you feel more comfortable with.

Of course I don't think Blizz should charge such a silly amount of money, nor do I think that anyone could easily RP a sex change, so it seems more likely people will use it for characters that are dead, IC, and/or going nowehere in RP. Any random that changed the gender of their character... Well, they really don't affect the RP community at all.

As I said to a few people; I have three male characters, but £45 is a lot to pay for 'cosmetic changes', though they would at least make me start playing those characters again. But it's going to cost enough in real life.
Back to top Go down
Lithaella

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-07-21

WoW Gender Bending Empty
PostSubject: Re: WoW Gender Bending   WoW Gender Bending EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 6:05 pm

I fail to see why anyone has an issue with this option... so what, you can change your appearance if you aren't happy with how it originally was, you can change your name if you didn't like it, and you can switch your character's gender for... well, whatever reason. Strikes me as being really good for RP'ers who, like Lyranne said, have had characters die ICly and want to keep playing them (because if you stop playing a character JUST because they died ICly and for no other reason, then you are a moron, to be blunt), and maybe a few other uses as well.

Amazes how people find a way to whine about good things, no matter what...
Back to top Go down
http://www.umbrael.com
Leaf

Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

WoW Gender Bending Empty
PostSubject: Re: WoW Gender Bending   WoW Gender Bending EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 10:34 pm

To avoid repeating things that has already been said, I'm just going to say that I agree with Lyranne and The Lith King.
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229

WoW Gender Bending Empty
PostSubject: Re: WoW Gender Bending   WoW Gender Bending EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 8:18 am

Leaf wrote:
To avoid repeating things that has already been said, I'm just going to say that I agree with Lyranne and The Lith King.

And the Gnogue.
It's not as if you change your original character's gender, but as if you create a new character with no need to level him/her up again.
Let's not forget that in game mechanics gender has effect only on the appearance of the character, and nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Lithaella

WoW Gender Bending Empty
PostSubject: Re: WoW Gender Bending   WoW Gender Bending EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 11:59 am

Leaf wrote:
...The Lith King.

0_o
Back to top Go down
Lyranne

Lyranne

Number of posts : 329

WoW Gender Bending Empty
PostSubject: Re: WoW Gender Bending   WoW Gender Bending EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 12:54 pm

Maybe Leaf was assuming that Lithaella would be the first character to go through with it?
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

WoW Gender Bending Empty
PostSubject: Re: WoW Gender Bending   WoW Gender Bending EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 6:44 pm

Um... *peers around* I kind of went by the real life gender, hence king and not queen. But I guess that would require me to use the real life name as well, defeating the purpose of it. Damn!
Back to top Go down
Lithaella

WoW Gender Bending Empty
PostSubject: Re: WoW Gender Bending   WoW Gender Bending EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 7:30 am

Woohoo, transgender mayhem!

On a side note; even if I had a reason to fiddle with my characters' appearances/genders/whatever, I'm just a tad broke, so you won't be seeing a big burly Manithidrimme or Lith King or anything like that Razz
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229

WoW Gender Bending Empty
PostSubject: Re: WoW Gender Bending   WoW Gender Bending EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 8:52 am

Talking about gender bending:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKIw8AQBp7k
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

WoW Gender Bending Empty
PostSubject: Re: WoW Gender Bending   WoW Gender Bending EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 10:02 am

That's it. Quint's becoming a girl. So he can have unlimited access to tits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WoW Gender Bending Empty
PostSubject: Re: WoW Gender Bending   WoW Gender Bending Empty

Back to top Go down

WoW Gender Bending
Page 1 of 1