We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dark mesager

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Macloren

Macloren

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Dark mesager Empty
PostSubject: Dark mesager   Dark mesager EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 5:06 pm

((I did a quest last night & felt inspired to wright a story about it. the dialog of the other characters is taken from the quest log. Hope you like it))

‘Our prayers have been answered!’ Bishop Lazaril exclaimed as Macloren approached the impromptu alter in Shatrath city.
‘I came as soon as I could, we are sorely pressed in Azeroth. The Lich King’s minions are everywhere it seems’ the paladin replied in his usual gruff tone ‘the Arch bishop said you had an important task for the Order?’
The bishop nodded gravely.
‘Using the concentration of light from the Naaru of Shatrath & the benedictions of the faithful, we have created holy artefacts of profound power. These will be our weapons against the Lich King’s machinations.’
‘I see’ said Macloren ‘this is indeed good news, any help you can offer in the fight against the Scourge would be greatly appreciated’
Bishop Lazaril opened a small box in front of her and presented the burly Paladin with a small holy icon of the Light.
‘Take this.’ She said reverently, ‘Guard it close and secure its passage to Stormwind. The king has recently returned, I’m sure he will welcome this tool’
‘I shall take it to him with all swiftness, the Order of Illumination will not fail in this. Light go with you Sister.’ he gave the bishop a swift salute and turned to go.
I see you…
Macloren snapped around but there was no one behind him. He paused for a moment to secure the artefact inside his shirt before mounting his gryphon ant taking off for the dark portal which would take him back to Azeroth.

Landing at the portal Macloren passed the rains to a waiting attendant and mounted his Charger, it felt good to be back on his faithful steed again after flying all the way from Shatrath. Suddenly he sensed the presence of undead close by and let the Light infuse his sight. His attention was drawn to a nearby shadow in which he could just make out a faint figure.
‘And what have we here?’ Said Macloren, his voice oozing menace.
Greetings…
My master has a message for you…
‘And that is?’
It is this: Welcome…
Welcome to a cold death…

‘I have no interest in your warblings spectre, be gone’
What is that bauble you carry...
Your little toy will not save you…
Why don’t you discard it…
The light is no match for the Lich King’s might…

‘You will be silent or you will be silenced’ he growled as he advanced on the ghost.
The stench of that holy trinket you carry disgusts me…
Macloren’s only response was a bolt of holy light that banished the spirit back to where it had come. He quickly checked the artefact was still in place then set off through the portal.

Macloren stopped in Lakeshire to water his charger, after the heat of the Blastedlands the poor beast was lagging a little and he didn’t want to risk losing it.
There. I found you…
He turned from tending his mount to see the same frozen spirit.
There is no honour fighting us when the end has already been written… Azeroth… will… die…
Join us, Macloren. Swear allegiance to the Lich King. Give yourself to him and know peace…
The peace you have denied since your wailing terrified birth…

‘You may not use my given name abomination’ Macloren bellowed ‘to your kind I am The Fist of Retribution! And you will feel my fury!’ his fists blazed with light but the spirit fled before the Paladin could unleash his wrath. Macloren let the light dissipate from his hands, all his yelling had drawn a crowd so he decided to take his leave of the sleepy town and get to King Varien as soon as he could.

With the jingle of tack & the clank of plate Macloren rained in his mount outside Stormwind keep and hailed a guard.
‘You, inform his highness that Lord-Militant Macloren of the Order of Illumination is hear to see him on a matter of utmost importance’ he dismounted and threw the rains to a page ‘do not make me tarry here overlong, that would be unwise’
The guard saluted without a word and went about his errand.
Ah, there you are…
With a sigh, Macloren turned, a murderous glint in his remaining eye.
If you struggle, then before your death you will face pain and suffering and the loss of all you love…
Your mighty castles will crumble & your loved ones will join the Lich Kings ranks…
Your kingdoms will fall human!

‘You are becoming desperate spirit, take your poisoned words back to your master and tell him that the Order of Illumination is coming for him. I shall walk up to his frozen throne myself and cut out his traitor’s heart. He will receive his final judgment for the death and suffering he has brought upon this land by my hand.’ With that Macloren turned his back on the ghost and set off into the keep.
Say good bye to those you love, Paladin…
‘I have already said good bye to all I love’ Macloren said to himself as he passed the threshold. The spectres desperate pleas falling on deaf ears.

King Varien Wyrnn had a haunted look to him these days, but his face brightened somewhat when he saw the paladin.
‘Macloren, it’s good to see you. Your strength and skills are a boon in this time of tribulations’
‘You are too kind Sire’
‘Too long have I been gone, fighting my way across Azeroth to rediscover my past and reclaim my throne’ king Varien’s eyes took on a far away stare for the briefest of moments then snapped back to focus on the scarred face of the Lord-Militant. ‘With all the challenges that have faced the Alliance in my absence, it warms my heart to see heroes such as yourself defending our coalition.’
‘You do me too high an honour Sire. I have come from Shatrath city with the artefact you seek’ Macloren removed the Light infused icon from his shirt and presented it to the king.
‘So, the holy folk of Shatrath crated what they promised!’ said king Varien as he took the icon.
‘In hind sight, sending so many Priests and Paladins there, instead of against the Scourge was the right move. With this holy weapon we will beat back the damned Lich King and his minions’ he places a powerful hand on Macloren’s armoured shoulder. ‘I commend you, Lord Macloren.’
Macloren bowed before his King
‘With your leave Sire, I shall return to the front, my men are there fighting the Scourge and I would be with them.’
King Varien nodded his assent, lost for words as he regarded the holy artefact. Macloren gave a formal salute and turned to leave, new resolve in his eye. The fight against the Lich King and his minions would go on and he & his templars would be at the fore of the battle until its very end. For Uther, for the Light, for Illumination.
Back to top Go down

Dark mesager
Page 1 of 1