We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

dark whispers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Andromel

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-08

dark whispers Empty
PostSubject: dark whispers   dark whispers EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 12:48 pm

Andromel woke with a start, confusion and a sudden dread filled his mind as he struggled to clear his head and figure out where he was.

he reached for his weapon and shield as he backed into a corner of the alley he found himself to be in..the first sparks of lightning danced on his fingertips, ready to attack the figure walking towards him

"you got a problem shaman?" muttered the slightly drunk rogue as he walked past "erm..no..sorry my friend" andromel replied as he looked around trying to figure out exactly where he was. He saw a doorway and stumbled through a deserted room and into the sunshine as it glinted off the water of the canals in stormwind city "how in the name of the gods did i end up here?" he muttered to himself.

memories of the previous nights battle flooded through his mind, his journey to stormwind to replenish his potions and food and the memory of the dark whispers he had been hearing floating on the breeze for the last few weeks getting louder but still not understood and how they had caused him to run..to seek somewhere to gain peace from those whispers..how they had become almost suffocating last night.

"i need to get some air" he muttered to no one but himself as took off his heavy mail armor and carefully packed it away.

Andromel rode through the gates of stormwind and headed towards Goldshire..the hustle of people was really starting to annoy him.. he had to go further afield, he had to find peace this day.

Everywhere he went he found people..people waving at him..people asking for help..for gold or just wanting a conversation "i have to get away from this" he thought and spurred his mount on towards the bridge leading to Stranglethorn Vale and onwards towards Booty Bay.

((this may be long but im hoping to build up to something in time for the new release, please bear with me Smile ))

As he stood looking across the bay from his vantage point at the top of the inn he breathed in the salty air, felt the sun warm his face and at last the cool wash of silence and peace filled his body.

Whispering words that were meant only for the elements to hear he sank down into the shamanistic trance that would allow him to understand the sweet voices that were ever present but often went unheard..he was at peace again.

Andromels eyes flared..lightning formed at his fingertips..the words to summon his offensive totems reached his lips as he snapped back from the otherworld..."BRING YOUR FIGHT TO ME VILE ONE!!" he yelled and then the realisation that he was shouting at nothing..no enemies were facing him and apart from the poor gnome who dropped his fishing pole in shock at the sudden outburst he was alone stopped him in his tracks

"those voices..the whispers..they are here..they are stronger here" he muttered.

Andromel looked around trying desperately to figure out the source of the whispers that had plagued him, had caused him to act in such an irrational manner but there was nothing.

He closed his eyes and slowly turned in full circles trying to pick up even a trace of the dark whispers...there! he snapped open his eyes and found himself staring at the horizon line accross the bay and across the sea "the whispers are coming from the sea!" "but from where?"

((to be continued))
Back to top Go down
Andromel

dark whispers Empty
PostSubject: Re: dark whispers   dark whispers EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 5:01 pm

part (2)

Andromel rode slowly back to Stormwind, his mind was in turmoil, too many questions and not enough answers.

He mulled over the stories and rumours he had heard of a new enemy, greater battles and world changing events on the horizon but they were not what troubled him..he only wished they were.

The whispers he had heard at Booty Bay seemed to carry a note of familiarity and would definately not be from some unknown power but no matter how much he tried to figure things out he was still no closer to the truth.

Sitting next to the stairs of the bank he came to a decision..he would seek help from his trainer..yes that was a way forward but that would also mean travelling to the place he once called home but also the place he rarely returned to. He stood up and walked almost hesitating towards the flight master
"may i purchase travel to Menth please sir" he asked
"sure hop on board shaman" replied the flightmaster "business or pleasure ha ha i always ask that of my travellers"

Andromel sighed "if only it was pleasure" as he took off on the gryphon leaving the flight master none the wiser but with a puzzled look upon his face.

A short boat ride followed by another saw Andromel stood before the entrance of the one place he tried to avoid, the one place that an elder of his race could bring the truth fo his identity out just by recognizing him, Andromel stood before the entrance to his once home..The Exodar.

Boldly he strode through the entrance then stopped.

A quick check in his backpack and he brought forth the plant extract he used to change his hair colour to black and he decided that tonight he would sleep under the stars and ensure his appearance was that of Andromel the shaman, he had no wish to deal with anyone who may recognise him from the past when he went to see his trainer, he had enough on his mind to deal with already he thought to himself.

((more to come..hope youre not bored))
Back to top Go down
Andromel

dark whispers Empty
PostSubject: Re: dark whispers   dark whispers EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 3:00 pm

part 3

Andromel watched his old trainer go about his business for almost half an hour before he decided to approach him..hesitating he slowly walked forward

Nobundo glanced up as Andromel got near "do my eyes decieve me? am i once again looking upon my old student? ahh yes my friend niko..."

"Andromel! my name is andromel master Nobundo" the reply was perhaps a little loud for such a serene place as this but it did cut Nobundo off mid sentence

"Ahh yes..still using the name the spirits gave you my friend" Nobundo seemed to look beyond Andromel, a smile crossed his face and he nodded to himself

"I see you are troubled my friend, can i be of assistance?"

Andromel recounted the story of the whispers and his visit to Booty Bay to the shaman master and when he was finished Nobundo sat looking at him, not speaking.

After about 5 minutes of sitting in silence Andromel spoke up "can you help me? i have told all and there are no answers forthcoming..have i missed some detail that causes you confusion?"

Nobundo sighed and looked directly at Andromel, an almost glazed look on his face "there are events transpiring that we have no control over my friend, you yourself must have heard the whispering of the elements but know this... the future holds many trials for everyone but the dark whispers you talk about are, i believe, relating to you personally"

Andromel sat listening intently, the only words he heard were spoken by Nobundo and his vision was focussed only on his trainer, nothing else seemed to matter but the answer to his troubles he was sure his trainer was about to share with him

Nobundo continued "it is not for me to give you answers my friend, this is a journey you must take yourself and when you reach the designated point in this journey then all will become clear to you"

Andromel snapped back to reality with a visible jolt

"but..you..why can you not help me? i have followed my path, i have always found answers but this time i believed if anyone could help it would be you..."

"it is not my journey my friend" replied Nobundo "the answers you seek will only be made known to you when the time is appropriate"

"is this a test master?" Andromel replied

"A shaman test? no my friend this is no test..it is part of your path..the whispers are entwined around your future only although the changes i have mentioned will affect everyone"

Nobundo glanced to his right, smiled and nodded as though he were listening to another conversation

"this is all i can tell you my friend, the rest is for you to discover yourself" Nobundo smiled again, only this time the smile seemed to be almost sad in appearance.

Andromel sat staring at his teacher, questions flew through his mind, he wanted to ask more, he wanted to know more but then the realisation that no more answers would be given this day made him breath deeply and regain his composure

"I thank you master shaman for the information you have given to me...i will indeed act upon it in an appropriate manner when i have had time to fully understand it" Andromel said as he stood up. He bowed before Nobundo

"I bid you farewell my teacher, may your path contiue for many a year to come" another bow and he turned to walk away

Nobundo stood up and reached out to touch Andromels shoulder

Andromel hesitated, was about to speak then took a deep breath, drew himself to his full height and spoke the words used to activate his hearthstone

As the familiar mist swirled about him Nobundo spoke

"the future is often moulded by events in the past my friend...sometimes you have no option but to stand tall and be accountable...even when no blame could ever be placed at your feet..only the blame you have created within yourself"

the words were spoken almost as a whisper and as the exodar phased out before him he felt a tear come to his eye.

((this is as far as i go for now, the rest is sitting in my Andromel story file and hopefully ill get to share it with you one day))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

dark whispers Empty
PostSubject: Re: dark whispers   dark whispers Empty

Back to top Go down

dark whispers
Page 1 of 1