We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!! Empty
PostSubject: Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!!   Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!! EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 2:44 pm

Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!! Igotbanned

Apparently, calling someone an idiot and telling them to go away in 15 different languages is harassing behavior. Go figure!
Back to top Go down
Lithaella

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!!   Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!! EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 2:53 pm

Gurfang wrote:
Apparently, calling someone an idiot and telling them to go away in 15 different languages is harassing behavior. Go figure!

An outrageous yet strangely awesome reason to get a temporary ban...
Back to top Go down
http://www.umbrael.com

PostSubject: Re: Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!!   Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!! EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 3:04 pm

Quite! Shame the translator that I downloaded only does 15 languages Sad
Back to top Go down
Svarvsven

Svarvsven

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!!   Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!! EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 3:12 pm

I do love the swedish translation and I will try to use it whenever I have a chance. How is the english original phrase for it? :-)

Edit: I semi-understand the german translation though into "Please go away" or something similar, probably without the "please"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!!   Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!! EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 3:17 pm

I think the English was "You are an idiot. Please go away." Seemed reasonable enough to me.
Why is the Swedish so interesting?
Back to top Go down
Xariandra

Xariandra

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!!   Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!! EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 4:24 pm

Gurfang wrote:
I think the English was "You are an idiot. Please go away." Seemed reasonable enough to me.

Guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!!   Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!! EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 4:28 pm

Xariandra wrote:
Gurfang wrote:

Guess.

No idea.

Anyway, vengeance is mine!

Also to be found in the latest edition of the Goblin Gazette!
Back to top Go down
Xariandra

Xariandra

PostSubject: Re: Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!!   Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!! EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 4:34 pm

Here's a hint:

"G'day dear sir... SWE????????????????????????"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!!   Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!! EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 4:40 pm

Xariandra wrote:
Here's a hint:

"G'day dear sir... SWE????????????????????????"

I said I have no idea. Being cryptic isn't going to help. Just tell me what the problem is with it.
Back to top Go down
Xariandra

Xariandra

PostSubject: Re: Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!!   Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!! EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 9:03 pm

Because most retards seem to be from Sweden... or rather it's a stereotype Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!!   Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!! EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 9:06 pm

Xariandra wrote:
Because most retards seem to be from Sweden... or rather it's a stereotype Wink

That still doesn't tell me what it says though
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!!   Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!! EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 9:13 pm

It's just phrased abit weird. Not a normal way of saying it. As is usual when using translation progs or sites..
Back to top Go down
Svarvsven

Svarvsven

PostSubject: Re: Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!!   Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!! EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 9:38 pm

I would translate the last sentence as "Entertain, go away" or maybe "Satisfy, go away". :-)

Phrased a bit weird? Not a normal way of saying it? Hehe...
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!!   Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!! EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 9:41 pm

haha.. yeah.. it translated please as in "to please"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!!   Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!! EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 10:58 pm

So none of it has been translated in a way that might be taken to be swearing then?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!!   Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!! EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 11:10 pm

Back to top Go down
Svarvsven

Svarvsven

PostSubject: Re: Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!!   Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 5:06 am

Maybe it was a swedish GM that got jinxed about the translation? Hehe
Back to top Go down
Svarvsven

Svarvsven

PostSubject: Re: Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!!   Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 5:08 am

Gurfang wrote:
So none of it has been translated in a way that might be taken to be swearing then?

Are you still referring to the swedish translation? Then the first part of it was translated correctly (I will try not to comment on the other langagues).
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!!   Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!! EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 4:40 pm

The Swedish one is -as stated wrong in the second part- it says "You are an idiot. Satisfy goes away."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!!   Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Apparently you can now get banned for "harassing" a forum troll!!!
Page 1 of 1